metamorphosis | various bnha

By stupidgorilla

[various!bnha x fem!moth!reader] "why do you wanna be a hero?" "i don't remember." quirkless and bullied [las... More

0 - b4 u start
1.1 - coma
1.2 - wake up, [first name]!
1.3 - pls let me take the exam!
1.4 - the whole family can hit
1.5 - orientation
1.6 - pls be more selfish.
1.7 - janitor's closet
1.8 - in ur room
1.9 - hawks and miruko are bad influences
2.1 - let's go bully 1-a !
2.2 - u fuckking pest!!
2.3 - make it ur own
2.4 - those red eyes
2.5 - lamp, have you heard of them?
2.6 - it's not u (mostly)
2.7 - 2 urself!
2.8 - ¿1 of them?
2.9 - bite me! :3
2.10 - mutants can't sing
special - king of all losers
2.11 - nightmares
2.12 - red tie
2.13 - woogle, is it illegal to knock out a teacher?
2.14 - empty promises
2.15 - lovebug? gross!
2.16 - nezu hates [first name]
2.17 - ur the worst
2.18 - best friends?
2.19 - missed u
3.1 - dragons are real!
3.2 - fuck eraserhead!!!
3.3 - some sorta existential crisis
3.4 - headache
3.5 - the scary forest
3.6 - stupid fucking magician
3.7 - spinner?
3.8 - not enough
special - cold-blooded
3.9 - a friendly reunion :D
3.10 - i'm gonna fucking haunt you
3.11 - not yet
3.13 - just letting yk
extra - songs !

3.12 - u were right

986 50 61
By stupidgorilla

HI ! UPDATES R GONNA BE VERYYYYYYYYYY INCONSITENT AND RARE FROM NOW ON SORRYYYY MY LITTLE GUMMY BEARS ive just studying up lately so im not very active lawl

we have fanarts !! these two from aspen on quotev ! first drawing is nromal shnormal mc and she looks so cool !!!! second pic is mc as a chibi akali from league AND SHHES SO CUTEEEE both mc and akali r bad bitches loll

then we have this cutesy drawing of mc from nezuko from quotev ! i really like the eyes and the antennae !! thank uuuu !!!

we also haveeee this wonderful drawing from organizedaccount on quotev of our mc and just LOOK at how beautiful she iss thank u sm !!!!

and a little doodle frm me 😓😓

PLEASEEE LMK IF IM FORGETTING ANYTHING I HAVE REALLY BAD MEMORY 😢

...

summary - its okay to be wrong. just admit it. AND MC IS A BIG FAT BABY 🤬🤬

...

Finally, you were allowed visitors.

You had been replying to messages all day. It was a stark contrast to when you woke up from your 17-month long coma. It was kinda sad, haha. To think you knew none of these people, besides Natsuo and Izuku, just four months ago was jarring. You've built up so many relationships in just four months. With everything that has happened, it felt so much longer than just four months. So much longer.

It was a school day, so you didn't expect anyone to visit you. They're all busy.

It turned out that All Might was no longer. He was retired and his secret was out to the whole world. You couldn't believe it. He had battled a villain named All for One, which was his, like, arch-nemesis, or something silly like that. Well, not silly because this is pretty- well, really serious. You heard the fight was pretty gruesome, but you refused to watch the trending videos of the fight. The number one hero just retired! Meaning that Natsuo's bitchass dad, Endeavor, was the new number one hero. How great...

You wondered if All Might would have retired if not for your kidnapping.

You shook your head. It's not your fault. You couldn't control getting kidnapped. You were at a heavy disadvantage, it was inevitable. Yeah, it wasn't your fault at all.

It was weird how Izuku's quirk was called One for All while the villain's name was All for One. You wondered if it was just a weird coincidence or if it was something more. Probably something more. Probably some deep history you don't feel nosey enough to look into further.

There was a series of hard knocks on the door to your room.

"Come in."

You knew Natsuo was going to visit you later, but you didn't expect another white-haired person to visit.

"Good morning!"

Your eyes widened.

You wanted to jump up to your feet and hug her. "Rumi," you breathed out, forced to stay sedimentary in your cot. The corners of your mouth lifted up in a grateful smile. That white hair and those pretty red eyes were familiar. Not only because she was your friend, but because those were the last features you saw before losing consciousness that night.

"You saved me."

She smiled back. Her grin was large, white, beautiful. It took up half of her face. She stood in the doorway. You're safe. You're healing. You could feel her heartbeat rippling through the air. It was fast, excited.

"Rumi." You held your four arms out towards her. Your eyes were soft.

She was in her hero costume, a children's book in her hand – The Rainbow Fish.

The woman's smile quivered. Her white rabbit ears, which usually stood tall and proud, twitched and drooped down. Before you could register that she had dropped the book, or see her lips drop into an anguished frown, she leaped at you with such quickness, such urgency, and squished your face between her breasts. "[first name]," she gasped, pushing her face into your antennae and the crown of your head without a care in the world.

You jolted, resisting the urge to push her off of you, to get her away from your sensitive antennae. "Rumi," you nearly whimpered. Your eyes squeezed shut, almost painfully, trying to focus on anything but her soft face nuzzling your antennae. "M- My antennae..." Your large hands tentatively reached to place themselves on the small of her back and her hips. You tried to maneuver her so that her head wasn't on top of yours, sliding her down your thighs so that she was at eye level with you. Her back was arched, so that your chests were still together in a hug. You could feel her heart beating loudly against yours, syncing. Her head was on your shoulder.

"Thank you," you whispered into her silky white hair, inhaling her scent, remembering it. It was spicy, warm, good. You wanted to stay like this. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

"I thought you were gonna die in my arms," she croaked, pulling away. You frowned as she did, but you quickly replaced it with a small smile at the sight of her sorrowful expression. It was an attempt to lift her spirits, as if to say, It's not so bad. She looked into your eyes. They were so bright; so genuine.

That's what she liked about you.

"You saved me," you said once more.

"I saved you, but I shoulda been there sooner. If I was, you-" Her voice broke off, she looked away. "I could feel you shivering against me, you were so cold, and your head was bleeding."

At the mention of your head, you touched your middle and index fingers to your forehead. It healed well, practically invisible, and it would disappear with makeup, but you could still feel the minuscule ridges of the slight scars Shuichi's headbutts left.

Iguchi Shuichi, your friend, the villain, Spinner, and the scars he left. The small scars you almost didn't want to heal.

"I'm sorry," you hoarsely whispered. Your sudden apology took her by surprise.

"What?" Her eyes focused on you again.

"I'm sorry," you repeated, refusing to look the heroine in the eye. Instead, you looked down at where the white blanket ended, and your torso started. You were wrong. You were so wrong about everything.

"For what?" She searched your eyes for an answer, but you shut your eyes to avoid that. "What d'you mean?"

"You were right," you finally admitted out loud. She looked at you strangely. You let out a defeated sigh and allowed your black eyes to open. "You were right about everything."

Rumi immediately thought back to your words, the broken phrase you had hopelessly uttered when she lifted you to the paramedics. 'Rumi... You were right...' Her heart twisted painfully upon rehearing the way your dry voice had cracked under the weight of the confession. Your words have been haunting her ever since.

"I always am," she said, a small laugh escaping her throat through a flat smile, a lame attempt to lighten the mood. You didn't laugh, and Rumi's eyes slightly dimmed. "But what was it specifically? I mean, what are you talking about? You said those same words when you were..."

"Shuichi," you clarified, uttering his name quietly, like it was taboo. "You were right about him."

"Shuichi?"

"The guy with the gecko quirk."

"Oh." She looked confused. She probably didn't remember who you were talking about. You don't blame her, she's a busy woman. "What'd I say about him again?"

You frowned, recounting the argument the two of you had during your internship. "You said he was a villain. You were right."

Her red eyes blew wide and she jumped up from your lap, landing nimbly on her feet. "Him?" she gasped. "I knew it! I knew it! I told you; my villain radar is never wrong!" There was a wide, vindicated grin on her face. She was right. Of course she was.

You glared at her, though, it wasn't too serious. You didn't allow yourself to harbor hate towards Rumi. She saved you after all. But, as she proudly declared that she was right, a heavy pit grew in your stomach. You felt stupid, so stupid for trusting him at all. For ever defending him, for ever becoming his friend in the first place. "Yeah, yeah."

"I knew I was right not to apologize for it. Why didn't you listen to me?"

You avoided her eyes. She was judging you. You know it. Making fun of you for being so stupid to fall for his trick. "I was friends with him for so long."

Though you only had a few memories with him.

"Well, now you know that my villain radar really is 100% accurate!" she boasted, keeping that smile on her face. You felt that she shouldn't have been bragging to you. It just made you feel worse.

"I guess it is."

Rumi picked up the nearly-forgotten children's book from the tiled floor, swatted dirt and dust off of it. You eyed it curiously. "Oh, yeah. What's the book for?" you inquired. Your question came out quicker, more forceful, than you wanted it too. You were desperate to change the topic from Shuichi and your foolishness.

She glanced at the children's book's colorful cover. "Reading for the kids," she said. "Some sorta Make-A-Wish shit."

You chewed on your bottom lip. Let go of the stretch of blanket you didn't realize you were gripping with tight fists. "Can you–" Your voice cracked. Your lip twitched as you cringed at your own weak voice. You reached for the glass of water on the bedside table, swallowed a brick down your throat. You set the glass back down and it made a clinking sound. "Rumi, can you read for me?"

Your voice was slow. She was quiet. You wanted to swallow your words. "I–"

"The Rainbow Fish," she read aloud, her voice booming throughout the room, interrupting you. She sat down on the edge of your hospital cot. The mattress sunk below her weight. You straightened up. She gave you an assuring grin. "A long way out, in the deep blue sea–"

You let out a boisterous bark of laughter, full of absurdity, at what was happening. You're 17, a whole legal adult in a few months, but here you are – tucked under a blanket and having a children's book be read to you. You're such a big baby.

"What?" Rumi playfully raised her white eyebrow at you. "You're the one who wanted this."

"I know, I know. This is just kinda stupid," you said, your giggles subsiding. "Keep going. I like this book."

She cleared her throat in an exaggerated manner. "A long way out, in the deep blue sea, there lived a fish."

...

Izuku stared blankly at the board. The bell rang, but he didn't move. It was the last period of the day, which happened to be Heroics.

All Might came through the door, like a normal person. He was in his shriveled form, but even in this form he was a giant, like a giraffe – lanky and long-necked. All Might said something, left the room. He did not register the former hero's voice, but he heard the screeching metal chairs and the amalgam of chatter from his classmates. It was time to go to the locker rooms and get changed, but Izuku just wanted to go home.

He wanted to go to you. He hasn't seen you in over a week, but to his knowledge, you're still in the hospital.

"Deku-kun, are you alright?"

Izuku looked up, meeting big, brown eyes.

"Are you alright?" Ochako repeated, staring down at him. Iida stood right beside her, with the same concerned frown on his handsome face. "We're your friends," she said. "If you have something on your mind, you can tell us."

"You can confide in us, Midoriya-kun," Iida echoed.

Izuku's body tensed. He shook his head, gave them a big smile. He shouldn't burden them with his thoughts. They don't need to know. "Everything's fine!" he assured them. "I'm just feeling a little under the weather."

But they both saw right through him. Ochako knew she shouldn't overstep her boundaries, and Iida knew this too, but a small voice was nagging at Iida's conscience. He thought back to all the times Midoriya had interfered in his life, specifically during the internships. It was for the better. Midoriya saved him. And Iida wanted to repay him. If that meant nagging him, then so be it.

"Is it [last name]-san?" Iida questioned, throwing caution to the wind.

Ochako looked at Iida in surprise; she warningly uttered his name, as if to stop him from speaking. Izuku's smile trembled. A hand went to the back of his hair as he looked towards the floor. "I'm worried about her," he admitted. "Been thinking about her all week."

Iida nodded. "She's been through a lot, but she's strong."

"You don't know the half of it," Izuku slightly laughed. Though, it lacked any sort of humor.

Ochako frowned. "You know, Deku-kun..." she cautiously began, playing with the bottom hem of her forest-green skirt. "I realized that, even though I call her by her first name and she calls me by mine, I don't really– I realized that I don't really know much about [first name]-chan." She looked down at her shoes. There was a bud of shame in the pit of her stomach, telling her she shouldn't care so much. It shouldn't bother her so much. You weren't that close. Hell, you barely saw each other at school!

But the lack of your presence at school made her realize just how much she liked being around you. Even if it was just the thirty-minute lunch period or smiling at each other in the halls. She missed your voice, and your hand holding hers.

Iida nodded his head in agreement. "I... I, too, would like to learn more about her," he bashfully said. His ears were red, embarrassed of how much he thought of you, of your aspirations. Of that hug you shared all those weeks ago at the station. Of your soft body against his. He wanted to slap himself for those thoughts.

Izuku smiled. It was sweet, genuine. He was glad the others were thinking of you just as much as he was. An evil, selfish part of him was jealous, but he pushed those feelings deep down and locked them away from ever surfacing.

"Maybe we can all hang out when she comes back," Izuku suggested, though his voice was unsure. He didn't know if you would even come back after this. It's unsafe for you and you both know that. He thought of that conversation you two had the night before you got kidnapped. His emerald eyes were glazed over with a sheen of unshed tears. He wiped his eyes, quickly, and stood up. He didn't want to think about you dropping out, even if he knew how plausible that was.

Ochako nodded hopefully. Iida glanced at the clock, ticking loudly. "We should get changed. Everyone else is probably finished changing by now," the class president said.

Bakugou Katsuki stripped himself of his heavy, green gauntlets, which landed on the floor with a loud CLUNK! They've been working on ultimate moves the entire week. The locker room was hell. He refused to look at anyone when he walked in. If he met their eyes, he would see the judgment, the disgust in their eyes. Because they know. They all know what he did. Kirishima said he wouldn't tell anyone, but Bakugou had this ugly voice screaming in his ear, telling him that Kirishima had blabbered, that they all knew. And he listened to the thought.

He would distance himself before they found out more. The room was cloying, suffocating. He felt eyes all over him, crawling under his skin like ants. He could feel you, your four– no, three hands tugging his face into a frown, your fingertips lightly grazing his neck. When he passed by the mirror, he swore he saw a glimpse of you. Your big, black eyes. You waved your wrist, bloodied and mangled, at him, and a boulder of wretched guilt and nausea lodged itself in his gut.

You were smiling. Smiling that genial smile that was never directed at him.

He wanted to break it. The mirror, that is, so he wouldn't be able to see you and that hauntingly beautiful smile of yours anymore. Those beady black eyes that seemed to sparkle, at everyone who wasn't him. He had to remind himself that it was the end of the day; he would be home soon. His fists tightened.

He used to be jealous of that smile, you know? Before you told him how exactly you knew him. Jealous of the fact you never smiled at him, but always at Deku and friends. Never tried to befriend him, or even respect him. Instead, you were always scowling at him, giving him dirty looks. Now he understood. Bakugou Katsuki understood why you loathe him. He was starting to loathe himself, too.

He quickly pulled off his mask, his headpieces, his heavy boots, and threw them haphazardly into the briefcase, trying to seem unbothered. Though his costume was one of the more complicated and detailed ones, he finished changing much quicker than anyone else. He hastily walked out of the locker room before Kirishima could call after him.

"Man, Bakugou's been acting weird lately," Kaminari expressed, voicing what everyone had been thinking.

Kirishima subconsciously glanced towards Izuku. They met eyes, and Izuku realized that Bakugou must've told him about your history together. Kirishima quickly looked away.

Sero pulled up his green slacks, buttoned them. "I mean, it's only been, like, a week since... You know..." he said in an obvious tone. He didn't want to outright say it. It was a scary topic to bring up. The event was still fresh in their minds, especially for the group who saved Bakugou.

Kaminari solemnly nodded. "I feel like the whole classroom's been tense ever since it happened."

There were hums of agreement.

"How do you guys think [last name]'s holding up?" Satou questioned out of the blue. "I mean, she was there, too."

Ojiro frowned. "I haven't seen her since it happened." He stared at his calloused palms. "I hope she's alright." There was MMA club after school today, like usual. But you won't be there. It'll be weird without you. Even though he's practiced MMA alone before – for the majority of his training prior to UA, actually – he just became used to you being by his side.

Kaminari clapped his hands together, a big grin on his face. "We should go out, guys! To get our minds off this!" he suggested.

"Right now?" Shoji questioned.

"Yeah, we can invite the girls, too!"

Mineta smirked. "I'm down!"

Kirishima looked towards the door. He slipped on his shoes, shaking his head. "Sorry, man, I can't," he apologetically said. "I have to do something." He made his way towards the dorms.

Izuku checked his phone. He hoped to see a text from you, but he only saw a text from his mom. He opened the message and nearly dropped his phone at the news.

[Mom]

Izuku, I spoke to [first name]'s parents. They said she's allowed visitors now! Have you talked yet?

But before he could knot his red necktie and sprint to the station, he was stopped by an icy hand on his shoulder.

"Todoroki-kun?" Izuku turned his head to eye the perpetrator.

Shouto showed his phone to Izuku, showing the texts between him and his brother.

[Natsuo]

Hey Shouto!

Do you wanna visit [first name] chan

?

She told me You two were getting closer So cute to see my Little Brother making Friends 🤗

[Shouto]

When would that be?

[Natsuo]

Today Lol

I finished my classes for Today so I can pick you up after School

[Shouto]

Okay.

[Natsuo]

I'm in the Old bastards RR ha ha

The black One

[Shouto]

Okay. I'll see you then.

Izuku was surprised by how dry Todoroki texted. It was a little amusing. Izuku stared at him, confused. "Why are you showing me this?"

"Would you like to come?" Todoroki asked. "You two are close."

And that's how Midoriya Izuku ended up in the backseat of a sixty-million-yen car, a car that cost more than a decade's worth of his apartment's rent. He sat stiffly, scared of messing up anything in the Rolls-Royce. A nervous bead of sweat dribbled down his freckled cheek. He quickly wiped it away before it could reach his jaw, fearful of it somehow ruining the leather and exploding the car. This was his first time meeting one of Todoroki's siblings, and he'd be devastated if he gave off a bad impression.

"So, Midoriya..." Natsuo, Shouto's older brother, began, glancing at Izuku through the rearview mirror, "How d'you know [first name]-chan?"

Midoriya's shoulders jumped, surprised that he was being addressed. He processed the question. His face flushed slightly. "Oh! Well, we met in my fourth year of elementary. She was in her fifth. Because she's... You know, older."

Izuku remembered your first meeting like it was yesterday.

It was a school day at Musutafu Elementary. Not anything special, really. It was nice out, just after Summer vacation for the elementary students. Most were annoyed to be back at school.

Izuku jumped, waving his arms, his stubby fingers furling and unfurling, catching handfuls of air. "My homework!" he gasped.

Tsubasa had flown up and thrown his pages of Summer homework in the air. Gusts of the warm summer breeze carried the fleets of thin paper away. His emerald green eyes watered as the group of boys laughed at him. His eyes followed the papers, which were going in each and every direction. A few landed on the school roof.

A young Bakugou scowled at Izuku. "Tryna give me your answers, Deku? What, d'ya think I'm stupid?"

"But, Kacchan–!" Izuku weeped, wiping at his eyes. His voice came out through erratic intakes of air. "You were t- talking about not doing your homework. I was only trying t- I was only trying to help!"

Bakugou's upper lip was curled distastefully, and his brows furrowed angrily, molding his face into a sneer at Izuku. "I don't need your help, Deku! I never will!" He stormed off. His goons scurried after him like mice.

Izuku sniffled, wiping his wet face. He needed that homework. What would his teacher say? What if his teacher calls his mom? He didn't wanna disappoint his mother. Izuku winced just thinking about it. Kacchan's a popular student; there's no way the teacher would believe Izuku over him. He should just get the papers. He didn't wanna get in trouble for not having his homework.

He had to climb up a few trees and shuffle through a few bushes to gather a handful of the papers. As he thumbed through the pages, Izuku realized that he was missing a couple sheets.

He retraced his steps back to the courtyard. His eyes roamed the schoolyard, and it didn't take long for him to spot a homework sheet laying on the concrete ledge of the school roof. How would he get up there? Would he get into even more trouble if he tried to?

Finally, he came to the decision that he needed that homework. Ignoring his second thoughts, Izuku snuck up the stairs to the roof and attempted to open the door. The once shiny yellow-gold brass knob was now tainted with dark shades of brown and moldy green rust. The hinges were the same, and so were the chains that had been discarded by the wall.

Someone had taken off the chains and didn't put them back. Izuku leaned his scrawny shoulder against the door before pushing with all his might. His face reddened as he puffed air into his chubby cheeks, exerting as much energy as he could.

He heard the heavy door squeal on its rusty hinges. After the initial struggle, the door unexpectedly swung open, causing him to lose his footing and stumble forward. He tripped on his own two feet, and squeezed his eyes shut, anticipating the impact. However, his body landed on something incredibly plush.

Izuku opened his eyes. What he initially thought to be a pillow, for whatever reason, was in fact a person!

"Ouch..." the girl breathed out, having gotten the wind knocked out of her. She rubbed the back of her head, wincing. You were the girl.

Izuku met your beady [eye color] eyes and froze. He tried to get out a sentence, but his words only came out as broken stammers. His face was glowing red in embarrassment.

"Hey, can you get off o' me?" you muttered with a hot face. "I was jus' aboutta open the door for ya." The way you spoke, he noticed, was lax and groggy, like you had just woken up. He also noticed that you weren't in his grade. He knew everyone, and their quirks, in his year, and you were not at all familiar.

You were on the bigger side, with no particularly remarkable characteristics that would indicate a heteromorphic quirk. You had shiny [eye color] eyes, messy [hair length], [hair color] hair, and a small pout on your lips.

"I- I...!" Izuku stammered. He jumped off of you, pushing himself against the wall beside the metal door. "Sorry!"

"What are ya doin' up here?" you asked, sitting up. You blinked, slowly. Stifling a yawn, you rubbed your red eyes, rubbing the grime outta them. "What– time is it?" Your jaw had nearly unhinged as an unruly yawn forced its way out of your mouth.

"Uh, lunch is about to–" The bell rang. "–end."

You jolted up, and Izuku realized that you were shorter than him by a handful of centimeters. There was panic in your eyes. "I need to- I need to get back to class! I've been out since second period!" you urgently gasped, rushing to grab your backpack.

Your stomps shook the ground as you ran past him. Izuku noticed that you had left behind your notebook. Quickly, he grabbed it and chased after you. "H- Hey..." he meekly called after you. You couldn't hear him. "Hey! You left your–! Hey!"

Fortunately, you didn't run very fast.

Clasping a hand on your shoulder, he said, "Hey, you, uh, you left this!"

One quick glance at him, and you gratefully took the notebook, which he later found out was your journal (more of a diary, really), smiling sweetly at him. "Thank you!"

His face turned red. A girl! Smiled at him! Midoriya Izuku got a GIRL to SMILE at him!

"And she would smile at me in the hallways, and I- I really wanted to be her friend, so I would sneak to the roof sometimes, just to see her. We kinda just became a part of each other's lives at some point," Izuku concluded, a wistful smile on his face.

Natsuo smiled at the younger boy through the rearview mirror. "That's [first name] for you." A short laugh escaped his lips. "She's so easy to latch onto."

"What about you?" Izuku asked after some time.

"Hm?"

"How did you meet [nickname]?"

A grin overcame Natsuo's handsome face. Keeping a hand on the wheel, he pushed his fingers through his short, white locks. Through the mirror, Izuku could see the fondness in Natsuo's gray eyes. His voice was affectionate and tender as he spoke; "[first name] and I met at a park, it was a few years ago – just a bit over a decade ago, I think."

"Have you really been friends for that long, Natsuo-nii?" Shouto finally inquired from beside Izuku, a tinge of jealousy hidden in his flat voice.

"Yeah. I used to..." He took a shallow breath, one filled with guilt at what he was about to say. He knew Shouto had it worse. So much worse. He felt like it was selfish of him to hog you all to himself, to be all happy-go-lucky with you while Shouto was forced to train under intense regimens. "I used to go over to hers when it... when I couldn't bear it."

"It" being their father, Endeavor.

Shouto hummed, looked out the window. They were nearing the hospital. "I wish I knew her sooner," he candidly admitted.

There was a cloying silence. Izuku squirmed uncomfortably in his seat, looking between the two brothers as he played with the seat belt strapped across his chest. Natsuo's eyes were glued onto the road while Shouto's were directed at the rearview mirror, trying to meet his brother's eyes. Trying to read them.

"Would things have been different?" Shouto continued, his head resting on his knuckles against the car window. He still stared at Natsuo, who refused to look up, to meet his younger brother's icy eyes. He knew what Shouto was referring to. He was referring to them, their relationship. Even though they were brothers, they barely interacted, and while Natsuo told himself it was because of university, he knew, deep down, that he held inklings of resentment towards Shouto. He wanted it to go away, but it was hard after years of envy. He was sure that this was the most amount of words that had ever been exchanged between the two. And of course it was about you.

"Would I have been different?"

Izuku didn't know what they were talking about, but he tried. He felt out of place, like he was intruding on something very personal. He wondered what you would do if you were him. You would probably know what to do, you always do. He kept his lips squeezed together, and he tried to disappear into the car seat.

"Maybe," Natsuo grunted out. "I feel like... I feel like she's helped me a lot as a person. She can help you, too, Shouto." Natsuo finally looked up, but Shouto had already begun looking out the window, at the passing concrete jungle. He let out a heavy sigh. 'She can help you get outta your shell, Shouto, I know she will.'

The younger boy hummed.

Natsuo pulled into the parking lot and, together, they all entered the hospital.

...

Ojiro entered the MMA club room. It had been a while since he last attended, but the usual members happily greeted him, asking how he was. He sent them smiles and reciprocated their greetings. He had showered and changed into his white Gi before entering.

Usually, he would see you in the corner, by the hanging sandbags. Though now, when he looked over, you weren't there. You weren't there to wave at him. You weren't there to smile at him.

Instead, in the corner, he could see a purple head of hair by one of the sandbags. His tired eyes and lanky build looked familiar, and his identity was on the tip of his tongue. Ojiro watched attentively as the boy pivoted on the ball of his right foot and kicked with the other. The sandbag swung from the impact, but not as much as it would have if you were the one kicking. 'That wasn't very efficient,' he thought. His form was a bit off, too.

"Who is that?" Ojiro quietly asked Kou, the president of the MMA club. He pointed towards the boy he had been watching.

Kou followed his finger with her eyes. "Oh, that's Shinsou Hitoshi! He usually comes with... [last name]-chan." She hesitated to say your name. Ojiro's eyes slightly widened, and he realized that Shinsou was the boy who had declared war on his class all those months ago.

Kou, who was around ten centimeters shorter than Ojiro, looked up at him, her eyes slightly glossed over. "Hey, is what everyone's saying true?"

He raised his blond brows, confused. "What is everyone saying?"

Kou looked away, choosing to stare at a pair of students sparring.

"What is everyone saying, Kou-senpai?" he softly repeated, looking increasingly concerned.

The senior let out a small sigh. "That she lost her arms, her wings–" She paused, bit her tongue. "–I heard one of her friends say that she might not even come back to UA."

"Oh." Ojiro crossed his arms and looked away. His eyes met Shinsou's intensely tired gaze, but he quickly averted his beady black eyes. "I heard from one of my classmates that she... Her h–" He gulped a lump down his throat. A faint queasiness settled into his stomach. "Her hand was taken. I haven't heard much else.

"I try not to," he quietly said, more to himself than Kou.

She hummed. "I hope she comes back," she said, before walking off to help her club members.

Ojiro let out a bated breath, adjusted his black belt, tightening it around his waist. "I do, too," he whispered. He didn't even realize he was walking towards the sandbags until he was met with violet eyes.

Shinsou nodded towards Ojiro. He nodded back as he passed by. A simple greeting. They were a sandbag apart, and as they both kicked away, Ojiro couldn't help but think, 'What does he think of [last name]?'

Another thought that came to him, as he glanced at the purple-haired boy through the corner of his eye, was, 'I should correct his form.'

...

wc - 5,426
hi guys ! we got a lotta perspectives this chap AND I LOVE IZUKUUUUUU SM YES IK YGS LIKE TO HATE ON HIM SOMETIMES, ESP WHEN 3.4 CAME OUT BUT PLS THAT WAS MY FAULT NOT HIS 😣😣😣 and i saw this tt earlier of a guy at a con asking ppl who the worst mc was and FOUR ppl said deku.... like..... how can u say that when meliodas and that guy from bunnygirl senpai exist...... anyways zuku is top 5 mcs oat 🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 4.2K 31
f/n l/n was accepted into UA, even though she didn't pass any entry exam or physical test. The class who supposed to only be composed of 20 students...
134K 5.9K 107
"I wasn't born to love or be loved, or become a hero, or live a normal life. Nor was I born to protect him, but out of everything, that's what I plan...
223K 14.1K 28
"I...... I don't know what I want to be...." . . "Just the thought of it is repulsive..." . . . (Y/n) has always told herself that she didn't want to...
57.1K 1.5K 115
Y/n L/n,a girl with a powerful quirk, was dreaming to go into UA, living with her mother : Sana L/n, and her older brother Siji L/n. She had a very h...