every night ~ kurt cobain

By maiiyplee

{" i can't see you every night. "} 'Oh yeah Kurt? Kurt Cobain. He was really odd. I'd always see his school b... More

introduction
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6

chapter 3

68 2 6
By maiiyplee

-------------------------------------------

Evie takes the cigarette from her mouth, sliding her textbook to her side. 

"What do you want?"

"I'm the janitor, just doing my job," 

"I've never seen you around," She pushes herself off the table, approaching the odd boy. His compelling aura was entrancing, like a sweet poison. But Evie was good at keeping up a wall of defence. A sturdy, strong wall which has been built for a while.

"You have, I'm just good at blending in," 

"How do you- shouldn't you be with Violet?"

"Oh Violet, she said she'd wait with Krist," He leans on the door frame, kicking the bucket so it slid along the floor. His eyes darting across the room, occasionally returning to Evie's. Evie ever so desperately needed to open his eyes and peer inside the chaos that occurs in his mind. His enticing sharp eyes, they're begging for her attention. 

"Good luck escaping the murderer my sister will become when she finds you, she is not the patient type,"

"Hopefully Shelli will keep her entertained," He speaks to Evie like she knows who all these people are. Like he's known her for a while.

He observes her every move, tracing around her figure and her face. 

"Why are you cleaning here anyway, this place is in no use,"

"Obviously so I can scare the students who bunk off in here. Do you think I look like a convincing enough ghost?" He raises his eyebrow, a smug smile across his face. 

"Yeah you look dead enough to me," Evie replies instantly, insulting him.

"You don't seem very frightened," He states coldly, the teasing expression on his face contorts into a stoic one.  

Taken by surprise, Evie steps back slightly, this boy can change within the flick of a switch. He notices Evie's sudden fright and puts back on the same cunning smile he had on before.

"Would you like to come to watch us practice? I think we could do with an audience, Shelli won't be enough," He watches Evie's hesitation and continues to bring comfort, "I can give  us a drive there,"

"Are you going to kidnap me and then kill me?"

"No unfortunately, Aberdeen's newspapers would thrive for once though. 'Creepy Janitor Ghost Kills Innocent High School Student'," She could hear a slight chuckle through his locks of hair. This fills her with satisfaction, brimming with excitement. She has the ability to make him laugh. 

The room is busy with a few seconds of silence before Evie's eyes grabbed conversation.

"I'll come,"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving the school gates, Evie searches for Kurt, specifically sticking his identifiable features. Short boy with long blonde hair. Short boy with long hair. Short boy with-

"Hello," 

His hands are placed in his pockets, back slouching and his hay hair trickles down his shoulders. 

"How long have you been waiting?"

"Not long." He lies through his teeth, guiding a very, attractive girl to a van. His palms become clammy and mouth goes dry, this was not a state Kurt was used to. 

Clambering into this car, it strikes Evie. She's just gotten into this stranger's car without giving it two thoughts. In fact, she was looking forward to it all day.

"Woohoo, I've just collected both of the Graves sisters. In one day!" A loud voice shouts from the front. Evie's eyes immediately dart to the sound. Long dark hair, similar to Kurt's, is messily placed onto a cheerful guy. His smile shows his teeth, which contrast against his dark beard. 

"Hey sis," Violet waves, the whites of her eyes are now pink and her movements are a few paces slower.

The whole car has a white daze to it. The seats are worn and the leather is beginning to peel, magazines shoved down the sides. 

"Gimme some," Kurt demands, sliding into his seat, stretching his arm out.

The guy at the front passes back a joint to Kurt who happily puts it up to his lips and inhales. He catches Evie's stare and raises an eyebrow,

"Want some?"

She shakes her head, biting her lips and taking her stare away.

"Hey," He says, dragging out the 'y', "Krist, put some music on,"

Very demanding, Evie notes.  

The music starts to leak from the speaker, a familiar tune begins to play.

"Oh my god, Screaming Trees! Evie we love Screaming Trees!" Violet gasps, turning up the volume. Waving her hands in the air, she looks behind at Evie, attempting to get Evie to dance too. It wasn't going to work. 

Evie sits there, clutching onto her bag, her knees kept close to one another. The people surrounding her are like animals. Kurt is probably a lazy cat, Violet is some sort of barking dog and this Krist person is maybe a friendly bear. Krist has a huge smile on his face, going from ear to ear; Violet is singing the lyrics to the song, in a very out-of-tune and screeching fashion; Kurt is slumped back in his chair, his legs spreading from one side of the car to the other. 

After a few dreadful, long minutes, they finally arrive in front of a small house. Its windows are thin with splotches of green mould starting to cling onto the surface. The door was painted red and the door knocker being a warm gold. 

Entering the house, it has the same scent as the car had, the lighting is dim and you could hear the blare of music coming from a room. A girl with a short, jet-black bob framing her face walks into the room. Her wrists decorated in bangles and bracelets and her eyes dabbed with black eyeshadow. Her eyes widen with the two new guests that have arrived.

"And who are these two lovely ladies?" She raises an eyebrow, hands on her hips.

"I'm Violet and this is my sister-"

"Evie. My name is Evie," Evie stutters, her face going slightly red with her sudden interruption.

"Oh so this is the Evie you've been going on abou-" Shelli is immediately shut down by Kurt.

"This is Shelli, she's Krist's girlfriend. Right, cool, lets start practicing," 

-----------------------------------------------

The strum of the guitars and the crackling sound from the wires being plugged in wasn't new to Evie. Every Friday at a near-by bar, she'd be setting up the stage for a new band who was playing that night. She got fired quickly though after slapping a guy who decided he could touch her with his red sausage fingers. 

Waves of long black wires engulfed the makeshift band, the instruments they held defined their power dynamic. Kurt's eyebrows are furrowed as he used his pointer finger to demand and order his bandmates around. 

Finally organising themselves into a satisfactory position, they begin to play.

Striking the snare, Violet clutches onto her drumsticks until her knuckles were white, her hair jumping around at the abrupt movements she would make. Krist's immense focus yet thrilled look is playing on his face,  bobbing up and down to the beat of the song he glances back at both of his bandmates; their enjoyment bringing him delight. Kurt's raspy, rough voice sounds effortless as he brought his hand up and down to strum on his guitar. It was a blessing to Evie's ears to hear it right in front of her. All the attention in the room was brought to him, he was doing it all the time without even trying. 

His voice is  a lullaby, enticing, just like his charm. It tugged your ears and slithered its way into your eardrums sending these sparks of exuberance. 

Evie could see sparks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 83.6K 127
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
83.4K 2.8K 27
Yn was married to a cold man, Kim Taehyung, the Mafia King, who never showed any emotion towards her. He never trusted her and it caused him to take...
373K 32.4K 92
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
84.5K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...