My mute girl

By nywritesss_

Samantha Evergreen and Paige Bueckers have known each other since they could remember. Paige made it her miss... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24

Part 8

3.2K 92 6
By nywritesss_

Samantha POV

The next morning i woke up before nika. Today coach geno decided that it'll be a lowkey day. The girls had all the way up to 4:00 off and then 4:30-6:30 they had practice sonic their game is tomorrow.

I got out of bed slowly so i wouldn't make that much noise. i grabbed my phone and some clothes.

i was wanting to hit the gym before breakfast so i grabbed some loose sweat pants and a sports bra and obviously some boxers.

i tip toed to the restroom and shut and locked the door. i played my music lightly and turned on the shower.

i hopped in and sighed in relief. a good ole hot shower is the best thing ever after waking up.

once i was done i got out dried myself as good as i could and threw on my stuff along with some deodorant and a couple of sprits of my perfume.

i grabbed my dirty clothes and phone and walked out the room. i look around the room and find the light on. i glance at nika's bed and see her sitting there on her phone.

"morning" i mumbled. she looks up at me and just stares. this time though i see her cheeks slightly turn red. i tilt my head at her and walk over to put my stuff away.

once i was done i walked back over to nika and lifted her chin so she was looking at me. i slowly rub the pad of my thumb over her cheek and see it progressively get redder.

i smirk and let her chin go. i grab my notebook and write something down.

heading tot the gym before breakfast, don't tell paige please, i'll see you later.

i ripped the page out and gave it to her grabbing my things and walking out the door.
——————

i've been working out for about an hour now and decided it was time to finish. i sigh in exhaustion and grab my water and sip out of it. as i'm about to exit the door swings open.

it's nika.

she runs in out of breath and glances around till her gaze lands on me. she makes a face likes she contemplating something. finally she opens her mouth to say something.

"fuck it, i need you help like right now." she glances over her shoulder and steps forward. "please?" she whispers.

she looks desperate as hell but also hot asf. i nod my head and wait for her next move.

she smiles slightly at me and turns us to where my back to to the door and i'm covering her.

she tip toes a little to look over my shoulder. i'm guessing she sees someone cause she looks like a deer caught in head lights.

she looks back at me. "i need you to kiss me..." my eyes grow wide as i look down at this gorgeous woman in front of me.

"now?" i whisper and she nods her head quickly. "please sammy, i need you to kiss me..." she whispers pleading with me.

she steps closer and puts her arms around me neck. i sigh and give in. id do anything for this girl...a girl that hates me.

i set one hand on one of her hips and tangle the other in her hair pulling her close to me.

"are you sure?" i whisper look down at her lips then back at her eyes.

she's not making eye contact with me and keeps looking at my lips. "mhm" is all she mumbles and i pull her in to a gentle but sweet kiss.

she softly moans into the kiss which causes me to grip her hip tighter.

the kiss slowly becomes more aggressive and we're not fighting for dominance...she winning some how.

after awhile we pull away to catch our breath. she glances over my shoulder and i'm guessing we're in the clear.

she looks back at me as i'm analyzing her face.

her lips are now red and swollen from the kiss and her cheeks are flushed. she clears her throat and backs away from me a bit.

"thanks..." she whispers while looking down. i tilt her head back up so she's looking at me. "what happened?" i ask lightly hoping she'll tell me.

"uh vanessa...she uh..kept flirting with me and it was worse than the last two times. a-and uh i just needed help hiding." she mumbles out rubbing her arm.

i nod my head and move away from her incase she's uncomfortable. "you're a good kisser...i guess." she mumbles still rubbing her arm but looking down this time.

i chuckle and shake my head. "oh yea?" she hums and i turn to look at her. "wanna try again and see if i get any better?" her face turns a bright red and she starts to stutter.

i smirk at her. i grab the rest of my stuff and walk over to her. i lift her chin so we're making eye contact. "listen sweetheart, im pretty sure i have some kind of feelings for you so let's do both of us a favor and tell no one this happened." i can hear her breathing speed up.

i look over her face waiting to see if she'll respond. "i know you don't feel the same so i'll keep this whole fiasco a secret and leave you alone okay?" she just stares at me wide eyed.

i lean close into her ear. "i need an answer sweetheart." i can hear her physically gulp. "uh y-yea." i pull back and look at her for another good 19 seconds before walking out.

i may not seem like it but i'm freaking the fuck out. once i'm out of her view i dash to the stairs not caring to take the elevator.

i get to paige's floor and knock on her door. she opens it up with a tooth brush in her mouth. "yessh?" im so out of breath. 'is aaliyah in?' she furrows her eyesbrows and shakes her head no.

i bust in and start pacing around. "i talked to her. like i said more than 4 words to her a-and i don't know why to do cause i exposed myself and now i have to go back to our room and see her..." i stop and look at paige.

her mouth is wide open with tooth paste coming out. "ew paige what the fuck go finish brushing your teeth." she looks down and quickly goes to the restroom.

when she comes back she stares at me. "you talked to nika...?" i gulp and slowly nod my head. "and you exposed yourself...how?" i sit down and my shake my leg anxiously. "i- uh i may have developed feelings for her over the past few weeks even though she doesn't like me i can't help it and i told her..." paige stares at me wide eyes.

"what?!" i wince as she yells. "samantha evergreen...you had a crush and didn't fucking tell me?! what the fuck?!" i look at her with a sorry expression.

"i know i know...but like i could care less about me telling her how i feel it's the fact i talked and wasn't scared to! that's what i'm freaking out about! you know i don't talk to people without feeling scared. i barley fucking talk to people through my notebook!" i huff and plop backwards on the bed.

i feel the bed dip beside me and turn to see paige sitting there looking at me. "well what're you gonna do if she brings it up?" i shrug my shoulders and turn my gaze to the ceiling.

"she knows what you sound like now and there's nothing you can do about it-" i groan and roll over onto my stomach.

"i'm not over the fact you're tripping cause she heard you talk whenever you technically confessed your feelings to her..." i whine and wiggle around.

i lift my head and look over at her. "don't fucking remind me please..." she taps my back and i sit up.

"look, it's not like she can force you to talk about it..." i glare at her stupid joke.

"sorry...to soon?" i nod my head and lean on her shoulder. "i don't know what to do paige..." she grabs my hand and plays with my fingers.

"i know sam but like i said there's not much we can do. i mean if you wanna talk to her about it you can and if you don't want to you don't have to. it's that simple." i nod my head watching her play with my hand.

"then again...you did say you like her so it's up to you if you wanna just continue to do what yall usually do or, you could show her that you actually like her." i pull my hand away and sit up.

"hell no. and embarrass myself even more nope." paige tries to say something but i get up and start walking to the door.

"not gonna happen...nope nope nope, nothing will convince me to do other wise. i'm going out. i don't know when i'll be back but uh enjoy practice..." i mumble and leave.

i walk out but stop before the door closes and walk back in snatching one of her hoodies. "i'll need this thanks." then i walk out and to the elevator.

i make it to the lobby and see most of the girls eating breakfast. i walk by not looking over at them hoping they don't notice me. thankfully they don't and i make it out.

i sigh and look around before pulling my phone out.

i don't know where i'm gonna go but i just need to get away for a while.

and that's exactly what i did.

(hi. okay...be honest, is this book too much of a slow burn? or is it okay? i'm not liking it that much but i want you guys opinions. let me know what you guys think! anyways have a great day!)

unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.6K 2K 20
she never settles, but she can lock it down. © BUECKEERS 2024
36.1K 668 15
elizabeth williams and paige bueckers had been best friends for as long as anyone can remember. however, paige makes a huge mistake, which costs her...
18.3K 393 12
In the heart of Crestwood College (near UConn), Ella's world is turned upside down when her D1 basketball-playing girlfriend breaks up with her on he...
487K 8.2K 31
what happens if UCONN's most popular basketball player finds herself searching for one person in the crowd? Jules knew who she was and what she want...