For the love of coffee

By Saphireblueelf

Yuri is fresh out of college trying to make a living. He aspires to be a photographer, working as paparazzi... More

A month of meetings
Iced coffee
Negotiations
Deal?
A delightful dazzling day
Dinner?
Cooking together
A time to breathe
Polarized
The smell of home
Ice magic
Hometown Hero
Diner date
Passions
Love on the beach
Endlessness
Flights and fancy
Home
Fated
Coming out
A wedding, a funeral and a future

Iced Cappachino

13 1 0
By Saphireblueelf

"Yuri, open this door!" Viktor cried out.

It had been three days since the video of them skating together, surfaced. Two and a half days since the video of Yuri's last time before the judges went viral.

Yuri Katsuki was toted as the next Viktor Nikiforov! His moves were like flowing water. Viktor couldn't get enough of watching the young, rising star skate. He was, indeed, talented on skates. Then, his senior debut came. He couldn't have been more than fifteen. Yuri was a wreck. Viktor saw it the first time he came out for his short program.

His face was too tense. His moves were tight, controlled only by nerves of steel. Someone had given him an amazing pep talk to get him onto that ice. He did fine with the short program. Had a few minor blunders, but nothing that an awesome showing, in the long program, couldn't overcome.

That was where the failure happened. Yuri should have forfeited, instead of taken the ice that night. He came out, sweating! He was on ice. His face was pale, his hands shook. Anyone who knew anything remotely note worthy about skating, knew he wasn't going to do well. The teenager was self imploding. So many times, Viktor had seen it.

Now he watched Yuri defeat himself. He slipped up in his jumps, making a quad a triple. His triples became doubles. Each time this happened, more of his confidence shattered. Until he reached the third to last jump. It was meant to be a quad sol chow. Instead, Yuri didn't even get to a triple.

His ankle was off on the rise. He didn't have enough speed to force the third turn, yet he tried. Then, the landing. His feet were out of position. Viktor noticed it, just as his momentum was used up, Yuri fell upon landing. The cold harshness of the ice touching him, ripped away any confidence the teen had left. He was all over the place for the reminder of the performance. Looking more like a deer on ice, than a well trained ice skater. Viktor had watched the video six times.

He knew he would have been able to do better. That there were better ways to get Yuri back on the ice, from his short program to his long. Whatever coach he had, they were the ones to fail the teen. Yuri had only been a child then!

"Open this door, or I will call Yurio to open it!" Viktor cried out, still pounding on the door.

It opened. He had only a second to pull his hand back, before hitting Yuri on the messy head of his. Viktor took in his boyfriend's look. Baggy grey sweat pants, check. Wrinkled off white tee shirt, check. Warm comfy blanket wrapped tightly around his head and shoulders, check. Messy hair that didn't look like it had been combed, washed or cared for in three days, check. Viktor really loved the fuzzy brown paw print slippers on the others feet. Yuri's eyes were red, blood shoot from crying. His face was pale, sweaty from being under the blanket all this time. He looked completely miserable.

"Oh, Yuri." Viktor cooed.

Reaching out, he pulled the dark headed man into his arms. Yuri sniffled, hiccupped, as his body shook with even more tears. Viktor patted his back, as he rubbed his cheek against the soft fluffiness of the blanket atop Yuri's head.

"Its not the end of the world. You were just a baby!" Viktor soothed.

"I was eighteen. It was only six years ago!" Yuri's voice was muffled in Viktor's neck.

Makkachin pressed his nose into the back of Yuri's hand. The photographer pushed away from the slender skater. Viktor felt the man twist his arm around. The dog was sniffing him.

"Lets go inside." Viktor commanded.

He stepped through the door. The smell hit him. It was sweat, closed up dried, sweat mixed with garbage. It looked like Yuri was drowning his sorrow in take out foods. The space around the couch was covered with different restaurant's packaging. Viktor sighed. Someone really needed to clean this up! He texted Yakov.

The reply came that his coach would send over a cleaner later that day. Feeling a bit better, Viktor kicked some boxes off of the sofa beside Yuri. He sat down. Makkachin was investigating the boxes for left over delights.

"Oh, he shouldn't do that. I should clean up." Yuri jumped back up.

"Go shower, change your clothes. I'm kidnapping you. Pack a bag for a day or two, it's almost the weekend again!" Viktor cried in delight.

"What?" Yuri blinked at him.

"I'm taking you away from this. Don't worry, I know places to help you heal up!" As he talked, Viktor escorted Yuri to the bathroom.

Standing by the door, Viktor waited until he heard the shower turn on. Then, he went into Yuri's bed room. At least it was clean. He sighed, searching through the closet, the chest at the foot of the bed then, finally, under the bed, Viktor found what he was looking for. A large suitcase. He propped it open on top of the bed.

Moving back to the closet, he pulled out outfits. Yuri's clothing choice was... well... not Viktor's! He wore mostly browns or blacks. There were a few whites and some blue, one red pair of sweatpants. Viktor shook his head at this. He would take Yuri shopping. It would be their first outing as boyfriends!

With a smile, Viktor went back to the front of the apartment. He opened the door. Retrieving the bag, box and one small carton, he had left there, he brought in the tally of gifts he had yet to give his trusted boyfriend. He placed each item, carefully in the suitcase. Making sure nothing was overlooked, Viktor set out the last outfit.

The shower shut off. Viktor moved to the door. The handle wasn't locked. With a delighted grin, he walked inside.

"VIKTOR!" Yuri cried out, attempting to cover his nakedness switchable flimsy green towel.

"Posh! It's not like I don't see the naked man on a daily basis! I practically live in locker rooms!" Viktor scolded.

"I brought you clothes. Bring out whatever toiletries you need to take with you." With that he breezed back out of the room.

Giggling to himself, he could hear Yuri muttering. There was a knock on the front door. Viktor moved to open it. There stood an older teen. They had blond hair with a patch of red in the front. Eyes as large as dinosaur eggs, rose up to latch onto Viktor's face. The man beamed.

"I know you! I saw you skate with Yuiro!" cried the over excited silver skater.

"UH, you, you did?" the teen all but whimpered.

Then, Viktor saw his shift, he became more confident!

"Did Yuri see? Did he like it? I tried copying his junior skate from the ice Castel. I saw it online. That step sequence was off the hook. I fell nearly every day trying to get it right!" the little firecracker rambled on.

"Yurio doesn't watch his competitors." Viktor scuffed.

"Whose Yurio? I am a huge fan of Yuri Katsuki! He is an amazing skater the way he dose...." Viktor placed a large thin fingered hand over the boy's mouth.

"You are very loud and excitable. Yuri is going through something right now. He can't have this..." Viktor waved to the energy around the teen.

"Can you just give him..."

"Viktor, what are you... or hi Minami!" Yuri was dressed in a soft grey tee short, a blue hoodie, black jeans and was adding sneakers on as he spoke.

"Oh, uh, I just wanted to give you this." Minami held out a thing package. Yuri took it.

Inside was a DVD. He looked toward the young one, who was fidgeting on the steps.

"Just, just watch it." The teen cried before rushing away. All of this was caught by the multitude of adoring fans in the parking lot.

"Let's go!" Viktor cried. He picked up the suitcase. Yuri frowned.

"What have you done?" he demanded.

"Not now!" Viktor chuckled as he waved to the fans. He held Makkachin's leash in that hand.

"Just lock up, oh Yakov has a maid coming to clean for you." Viktor gave Yuri the details.

Yuri sent a text to the owner of the restaurant to allow the maid into his rooms. He also said he would be away until sometime Sunday night.

Once he got a reply, he told Viktor. Yuri's bag was added to the trunk of the car. It already had several matching bags inside. Viktor held the door for Yuri. Makkachin had leapt in as soon as the door opened. The dog sat grinning, while wagging his tail, as he waited for his humans.

Viktor, caught Yuri's shoulder before he could get inside. A sweet light kiss, touched the dark haired photographer's lips. Yuri was mildly surprised, but gave into the kiss. He knew there were a hundred camera's photographing it. Cheeks red, Yuri pulled back. Viktor grinned as he touched the pink streaks.

"Too cute!" He muttered rubbing their noses together.

Yuri said nothing, as he ducked inside the car. Makkachin moved over, giving the male a bit of room. The dog laid down, placing his head in Yuri's lap. There were ohs and ahs from outside. Viktor got in, scratching the dog's head. The door closed. The driver got in. Carefully, the car maneuvered itself out of the parking lot. Viktor looked at Yuri.

"Where are you taking me?" Yuri demanded.

"A cabin, in the woods..." Viktor smirked wickedly.

Yuri rolled his eyes. They had watched that movie a few days ago

. "Alright, but you're not planning on killing me, right?" he gave a tiny smile.

Viktor, enthusiastically, clapped his hands. He dropped himself over Yuri's shoulders.

"You remembered! I will only kill you with my love and affection!" Viktor promised, by kissing the other's neck. Yuri snorted.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes, but the slight smile didn't vanish from his lips.

"It's a bit of a drive, want to watch that DVD?" Viktor offered.

Yuri pulled it out. Viktor's town car had a play system in it. He pressed a button to lift up the device in the arm rest. Once the disc was inserted, music flowed over them. A screen came down over top of the one separating the driver from the back seat.

Yuri watched, amazed, at all his skating exploits. Jumps, turns, sassiness, step sequences. Every good point from the time he was five, when he started skating. He assumed it would end right before that fateful day. It didn't.

In fact, that fall was on the disc. Yuri tried to look away, but Viktor wouldn't allow him. After that, Yuri reached to shut off the disc, but more images came up. These were of Yuri skating at his favorite rink. It was near his parents home.

Yuri recalled each of these times. Yuuko and Phichit were the only ones there. He watched as he, quite expertly, mimicked Viktor's latest program. There were years of this. Everything from the time he had been eighteen up until just last year.

"You told me you hadn't skated in a while." Viktor purred in his ear.

"I told you, I hadn't skated at that rink, since moving out here." Yuri corrected.

"Every year I go home for holiday. I always visit two places, my old dance instructor and that rink." He stated.

"Well, I'm glad we are going to your parents spa. I can't wait to see the place that created you." Viktor winked.

"WHAT?" Yuri cried out. Viktor laughed, joyfully hugging his prisoner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 125 15
HIGHEST RANKINGS: 71 in anime crossover 1/18/19 179 in yurionice 12/31/18 82 in ice 12/31/18 --- Yuri Katsuki wasn't very interesting until Viktor Ni...
242K 7.6K 29
Yuri wakes one morning in the bed of one Victor Nikiforov after getting drunk at a club the evening before. However, their one-night stand would not...
152 4 12
Yuri always looked up to Viktor and now he's his coach. Yuri gets this strange feeling and tries to ignore it. When the feeling gets out of control...
130K 6.2K 69
Viktor Nikiforov is just your average 27 year old, hes trying to find out where his roommate Yuri Plisetsky went to but ends up texting a mysterious...