Notable Plane crashes from ar...

By Atlas_Winchester120

Hey all, I'm making another book that's related to aviation. This time its about notable plane crashes from a... More

Part 1: Afghanistan
Part 2: Albania
Part 3: Algeria
Part 4: Andorra
Part 5: Angola
Part 6: Argentina
Part 7: Armenia
Part 8: Australia
Part 9: Austria
Part 10: Azerbaijan
Part 11: The Bahamas
Part 12: Bangladesh
Part 13: Belarus
Part 14: Belgium
Part 15: Bolivia
Part 16: Brazil
Part 17: Brunei
Part 18: Bulgaria
Part 19: Cambodia
Part 20: Canada
Part 21: Chile
Part 22: China
Part 23: Colombia
Part 24: Comoros
Part 25: Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Part 26: Costa Rica
Part 27: Croatia
Part 28: Dominican Republic
Part 29: Egypt
Part 30: Estonia
Part 31: Finland
Part 32: France
Part 33: Germany
Part 34: Greece
Part 35: Hungary
Part 36: India
Part 37: Indonesia
Part 38: Iran
Part 39: Ireland
Part 40: Israel
Part 41: Italy
Part 42: Japan
Part 43: Kazakhstan
Part 44: Kyrgyzstan
Part 45: Latvia
Part 46: Lebanon
Part 47: Luxembourg
Part 48: Malaysia
Part 49: Mali
Part 50: Malta
Part 51: Mexico
Part 52: Nepal
Part 53: Netherlands
Part 54: New Zealand
Part 55: Nigeria
Part 56: North Macedonia
Part 57: Pakistan
Part 58: Peru
Part 59: Poland
Part 60: Portugal
Part 61: Saudi Arabia
Part 62: Sweden
Part 63: Taiwan
Part 64: Thailand
Part 65: United Ara Emirates (UAE)
Part 66: United Kingdom (UK)
Part 67: Vietnam
Part 68: Hong Kong
Part 69: Alabama
Part 70: Alaska
Part 71: Arizona
Part 72: Arkansas
Part 73: California
Part 74: Colorado
Part 75: District of Columbia
Part 76: Florida
Part 77: Georgia
Part 78: Hawaii
Part 79: Illinois
Part 80: Indiana
Part 81: Louisiana
Part 82: Michigan
Part 83: Missouri
Part 84: Nevada
Part 85: New Jersey
Part 86: North Carolina
Part 87: Oregon
Part 88: Pennsylvania
Part 89: Virginia
Part 90: Wisconsin
Part 91: England
Part 92: Scotland
Part 93: New South Wales
Part 95: Western Australia

Part 94: Queensland

0 0 0
By Atlas_Winchester120

This notable mid air collision takes us to the state of Queensland, which is located next to the following states a and territories: New South Wales, Northern Territory and South Australia.

WARNINGS OF A MID AIR COLLISION AND A HELICOPTER CRASH

Pictured above is the helipad at Sea World.

On the 2nd of January 2023, two Eurocopter EC130s collided mid air and crashed near sea world theme park in the city of Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, the collision killed four people and injured eight, three of which were critically injured.

On the 2nd of January 2023, at approximately 1:59pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time), two helicopters operated by Sea World Helicopters collided mid air at about 130 feet above ground, whilst one was attempting to land and the other departing from a helipad at Sea World theme park, both helicopters were undertaking tourists trips for park goers along the Gold Coast Broadwater, although the operator is not associated with the theme park.

Less than a minute after takeoff, the departing helicopter (VH-XKQ) collided with the arriving helicopter (VH-XH9), this resulted in the departing helicopter's main rotor blades and gearbox separating, causing the helicopter to crash on a sandbar, killing four on board including the pilot and leaving three in critical condition, the arriving helicopter was able to stabilise itself after the collision and successfully perform an emergency landing on the same sandbar with substantial damage, all six on board survived without critical injury with five of the six survivors on the arriving helicopter suffering minor glass shrapnel wounds from the shattered cockpit windshield, many members of the public witnessed the collision with beach goers, boaters and nearby police attending the scene to provide first aid and free injured passengers from the helicopter.

All nine survivors were taken to hospital for further treatment; eight were transported to Gold Coast University Hospital and one was transported to Queensland Children's Hospital, the three critically injured survivors were on the departing helicopter and included a 33 year old women and her 9 year old son and a 10 year old child, the four who died were a 40 year old pilot, a 36 year old women and a British couple, aged 65 and 57, Sea World Helicopters Pty Ltd, the operator of the two helicopters involved, closed until further notice after the incident and have since re-opened using the Eurocopter AS350 Écureuil (VH-SWL and VH-SWX).

The summary of the crash was a mid air collision, it is still under investigation as to what casued the collision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260 1 50
Hi there, the same rules apply here as the True crime from around the world book, if I couldn't find a true crime case, it was replaced by a plane cr...
46 0 12
~For the FINAL BEST VERSION please read the last Chapter~ A fictional story based on real events. Based on Flight 9 of British Airways. *The oxygen m...
55.6K 1.1K 15
Meredith got on a plane Somebody hijacked the plane The plane crashes... Over, and over... Again. *mature language* *set about the time of the plane...
260 8 52
Aeroplanes can either be the safest, or the deadliest mode of transport on the planet. They do tend to crash on occasion, and when they do, the conse...