Galaxy: A Space Adventure

By Techn0master

In the far distant Galaxy a threat emerges. The once prosperous planets and systems are now under threat by t... More

Dnari
Chapter 1: An Uneasy Desicion
Chapter 2: Enlistment
Chapter 4: Basic Training
First Campaign
2 Months Later

The Siege of Remos Prime

7 1 0
By Techn0master

Two weeks after the Ship rescue, we moved onto the Pirate holdings. Hundreds of smaller planets had been under the control of this pirate faction and now was the time to liberate them from this scourge.

(Planetary Defense Corps Fleet 2)

We moved our fleet onto one of the major Star systems that had been ravaged by the pirate raids and where a large concentration of pirate raiders were based.

Remos Prime.

Remos Prime was a strategic location as it held a mineral mostly used to manufacture weapons such as long range missiles and even laser weapons. Because of this, the local population suffered greatly from the local raiders.

Pirate forces controlled the capital city of Remos via the corrupt governor who often took bribes and wanted more power. Many people who criticized or openly disagreed with him disappeared without a trace which is completely against Coalition law.

As the legitimate governor and leader of the system, he pledged all resources including the local planetary forces to boost up the pirates war machine. And in return, got a heaping amounts of money.

Today was the day we would officially liberate this system from his tyranny as would many other planets who suffered the same fate.

PA: Attention all personnel! The meeting is in effect! All troops head to hangar bay 2 immediately!

Alimeru: This is it. Our first real ever combat mission.

Darv: Well not exactly! We did have that pirate ship as our first campaign.

Sol: Think he means by our first ground mission!

Soli: Right! Gotcha.

Shia: Come on, let's move!

(6 minutes later)

PDC Sergeant: Trooper 678, you are late!

Alimeru: Sorry about that sir! My friend here was trying to find his helmet again!

PDC Sergeant: Well I won't report you but make sure you all have your uniform ready!

Alimeru: Yes sir!

Darv: Maybe I should consider getting my armor set up before a mission.

Era: Ya think?

PDC Commander: ATTENTION!

(Soldiers pay attention)

General Wachovia: Listen up men! Today, you will take part in your first campaign on a distant planet. Many of you have seen your first time of combat back when we freed the ship from pirates but that was only your first taste of action, the next one will be a big bite not even you could chew off properly. We are now orbiting the planet of Remos Prime, a planet that has been suffering from pirate attacks and mining corporations ever since they took over the system. The planet has a rare mineral used to produce weapons of mass destruction which is why this planet and its resources are crucial to the war effort. As a result of this, the locals have suffered much worse especially to their corrupt governors! Our orders are to ensure they are removed immediately and replaced with locally elected senators! And to also get the pirates out of the system! Let's go over the battle plans!

(Flashes Tv screen)

General Wachovia: As you all know, Remos Prime has only 7 settlements on the planet. But one of whom is the most strategic of all: Remos City! Whilst it's not the capital, it is as important as one! For it is the main HQ of the local pirate raiders! And our enemies have it as defended! With large amounts of troops and military equipment, it will be hard but we will prevail! The ships will bombard any outer defenses while the gunships land troops amongst these zones! Be advised that these zones hold fortified positions and heavy weapons such as artillery! So you will need to capture them if we have any hope of securing the settlements! Also, some locals have pledged themselves to the pirates so you may face with undercover pirate agents and local militias!

(Soldiers mutter amongst themselves)

General Wachovia: While we take all smaller settlements and defenses, our main focus should be on the main settlement. Heavily protected and has a pirate fort that provides a supply line to the pirate raiders! Teams 1,8,and 22: Your mission is to capture the fort and sever enemy supplies to the settlement! Once we capture the forts and outskirts, all forces will charge in the city and capture the Governor thus ending our campaign! Sound good?

All: Sir Yes sir!!!

General Wachovia: Then get some rest men, because tomorrow, you will be a part of the biggest fight in your lives! Dismissed

(Meanwhile)

Alimeru: I can't believe it. Our first ground campaign and we are liberating a planet from pirates! I don't know if I should be excited about this or terrified.

Era: Well whatever happens, let's hope it just gets us one step closer to peace.

Soli: Yeah. I hope so too.

(The next day)

PA System: Attention all personnel! The liberation mission is about to commence! All troops, head to your assigned squads immediately!

PDC Commander: Alright men! Today is the day! We are to liberate Remos Prime from the insurgents! Just remember the plan and stick to it! And remember your training!

PDC Pilot: We are ready to go! Everyone load up!!!

PDC Soldier: Let's move!!!

PDC Soldier 2: Go go go!!!

PDC Pilot: Gunship 32 is moving out!!!

PDC Air Commander: Confirm enemy targets!!

PDC Radio: At least 2 AA cannons and 5 gun emplacements! Manned by a whole squad!!! We also have enemy tanks on sight of our location over!

PDC Air Commander: Copy!

(Remos Settlement)

(Local Raider Commander)

Raider Commander: Enemy Gunships on sight! Take Them Out!!!

Raider: Yes sir!

Radio:
Gunship 1 is going down!!!

We need heavy support over!

AA is getting heavy!!!

We lost contact with Gunship 69!!!

PDC Soldier: That's a lot of flak!

PDC Solider 2: Yeah, way more intense than basic training!!!

PDC Commander: Everyone get ready to land!!!

PDC Commander: Let's Move!!!

PDC Soldier: Go go go!!!

PDC Soldier 3: Get out!!!

Raider: PDC!!!

Raider 2: SHOOT THEM DOWN!!!

Raider 3: Take this, scum!!!

(Local insurgent fighters)

Raider: Chom Kalla!!!

Raider 7: Oboe Klaipeda Buvak!!!

Raider 9: Chem Klo!!!

PDC Trooper: Open fire!!!

PDC Trooper 8: Watch for those rockets!

Raider: Get them!!! Doh!!!

PDC Trooper: Lay down covering fire!!!

PDC Trooper 4: Let's move!

Raider: Bring the tank in!!!

Raider Sergeant: Move move!!!

(Raider Tank)

Raiders Tank Pilot: Fire!!!

PDC Solider: Get down!!!

PDC Soldier 2: Gahhhhh!

Alimeru: Soli, Get the Rocket launcher!

Soli: You Got it!!!

Raider: WIPE THEM OUT!!!

Soli: Ready?!

Alimeru: FIRE!!!

(Rocket launcher fires)

(Explosion)

Raider: Gahhh!!!

Alimeru: Tanks Out!!!

PDC Commander: Push fowards!!!

(Meanwhile)

Raider: Governor! I just got word from the militias, PDC forces have overrun them! They're heading this way!

Governor Rishu: Hold them off in anyway you can! Get all defenses and prep them for an upcoming PDC assualt! I want every Raider ready at a minutes notice!

Raider Commander: Yes sir!

Governor Rishu: Contact Lord Xavox! I wish to speak to him immediately!

Raider: Bringing him up now sir!

Lord Xavox: What is it, Governor?

Governor Rishu: My lord! PDC forces have landed on the planet and are heading here! I need more reinforcements to combat them!

Lord Xavox: How many troops do you have, Governor?

Governor Rishu: At least 100! Just a single garrison but it's not enough!

Lord Xavox: Have your men recruit some locals who are willing to join the fight! Give them basic training and weapons and send them to the front!

Governor Rishu: Will that work, my Lord?

Lord Xavox: It will help you hold out for quite some time! Until then, do what you must to keep this system under our control!

Governor Rishu: Yes sir!

(Transmission Ends)

Governor Rishu: Tell the locals that I want every able body to fight for this system and that anyone who dares to disobey this order will be shot on sight!

Raider: Yes sir!

The local citizens were called upon by their ruthless and corrupt governor to fight alongside the pirates to which they did not take too lightly and as a result, many locals were mistreated by them even when they fought alongside each other. 100,000 locals were forcibly conscripted by the Governor and many of whom would suffer through the terrible war.

In the end, the Capital city was finally in PDC control and the entire Raider faction in the system was obliterated and the Governor was arrested for his crimes against the people of Remos Prime. However, the fighting didn't stop for quite some time as there were some pockets of insurgents and resistance fighters who continued to resist even for the last hours of the war.

Next chapter will talk about another liberation mission: This time on the planet of Xa which has been devastated by pirate attacks and left many displaced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 24 17
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the Clone Wars raged, tearing the galaxy in two. The Grand Army of the Republic led by their Jedi General...
64 9 3
The New Eden Conflict is a significant event that has been taking place in the New Eden Star Cluster. It revolves around an attack on the New Eden St...
373 23 7
!!Cover art by @minjimouse_art HEAVILY inspired by: -Black_Opal_ 's "Space Pirate" (wattpad) -"The High Republic" Star Wars books -"between the sun...
201K 23.1K 122
War looms on the horizon... After the colonization of Mars and Europa, it took us fewer than five generations to reach beyond our solar system and d...