Stranded

By kylieskatz22

When Riker and Ross have to make an emergency landing on their flight to Alaska, they're given some emergency... More

Chapter 2 : Fight
Chapter 3 : Night noises
Chapter 4 : Food and water
Chapter 5 : Sick
Chapter 6 : Dinner
Chapter 7 : Drink

Chapter 1 : Stranded

20 2 0
By kylieskatz22

A/N : New book because I'm absolutely insane.     

Chapter 1

Riker POV

I was really excited today because Ross and I are taking a flight to Alaska. Ross is filming a movie in Vancouver, but before it starts, our dad found out there's a skydiving event going on in Alaska, which isn't too far from Vancouver.

So dad flew out there a few days ago. We're flying there today. We'd taken a flight to Canada. And now we were waiting to take a small plane to where the skydiving event is in Alaska.

Ross was sitting next to me and he seemed kind of tired, but I was too excited to be tired.

They called our names, so we went outside. There was a small plane, kind of like my dad's waiting for us.

"I'll be your pilot today. My name's Cole," he said, shaking our hands.

He loaded our suitcases into the plane and then gave us headsets to wear so we could hear each other.

Ross and I both got in the back so we could sit next to each other.

"So why are you guys heading to Alaska?" He asked.

"Our dad loves skydiving. There's a skydiving event and he's going to take us skydiving," I said.

"Nice. Are you guys ready to go?"

"Yup," I said.

"Alright," he said, turning on the plane.

Later...

Riker POV

Honestly I was really enjoying the plane ride because I could see how pretty Alaska was. It was the beginning of spring, so there was still snow covering like half of the land.

All of a sudden, the plane wobbled, which sent a wave of panic through my body. It just took me off guard, I think.

But then it wobbled again, worse this time. And it felt like the plane was dropping a bit.

"What's going on?" Ross asked, looking out the window.

"I don't know. I'm having some electrical issues," our pilot said.

I started getting really nervous now. I think Ross could sense my nerves because he put his hand on my knee, which made me feel slightly better.

We wobbled again, worse this time, and I almost screamed.

"Guys, I'm going to need to make an emergency landing. Something's wrong," our pilot said.

The plane started descending. I could see a small grassy area in a valley between some mountains that he was heading towards. I was trying to stay calm. But when we wobbled again really bad, my heart started racing, and I wasn't so calm anymore.

I mean, what if the engine just shuts off and we crash!?

I think Ross's tight grip on my knee was just making me even more nervous too.

I tried to not look out the windows and just keep my eyes closed. Maybe if I don't look, it won't be so bad.

But when we wobbled again, my eyes flew open.

Ross looked at me, and he looked relatively calm. I think he could tell I was freaking out. He moved his hand from my knee to around my back, holding me to his side tightly.

The plane kept wobbling all the way down. We finally landed, but it was a bit rough and I hit my head on the ceiling kind of hard.

Our pilot shut off the plane, so I took my headset off.

"What happened?" Ross asked.

"It's some electrical issue. I need to take a look. You guys can get out and stretch your legs if you want. It might take a little while to figure out what's going on. Just watch out for grizzly bears and moose."

Ross climbed out first and then gave me his hand. I took it and he helped me out.

My legs were a little shaky from feeling like we were going to crash.

"Let's go walk around a little," Ross said, dropping my hand.

"Ok, but not too far. I don't want to get lost. And I don't want to be far from the plane if we see a bear or a moose," I said.

We had landed in a valley, so it was grassy here. And there was a stream nearby. I followed Ross over to the stream and he put his hand in it.

"Is it cold?" I asked.

"Freezing. It's probably melted snow from the mountains."

I looked around, feeling like I needed to be hyperaware of any animals that might show up. But there were tons of trees surrounding the valley we were in, so I couldn't see too far.

"Come on. Let's go back to the plane," I said.

"Why?"

"I want to be close to the plane in case an animal shows up."

"Well I want to explore."

"Ross, come on. Don't be stupid. Let's go back to the plane."

"You might be older, but you're not the boss of me. We're both adults. You can't just tell me what to do."

Ross crossed his arms, looking really annoyed with me.

"I'm just trying to keep us safe. I know I'm older. That's why I feel responsible for both of us."

"Well you don't need to be bossy about it."

"I'm not!"

"Yeah, you are."

"No, I'm not. I just want to go back to the plane. Why are you causing a problem?"

"I just want to get to the hotel so I can go to bed. I'm tired. Traveling takes a lot out of anyone. I don't know why you aren't tired."

"I am. That's why I want to go back to the plane."

"Well I want to explore and look at nature. I've never been to Alaska. If I'm going to be stranded somewhere, I want to at least enjoy it."

"Ross, come on. You can enjoy it at the skydiving event. Let's go back."

"Fine. But when we get there, I'm telling dad you were being really bossy."

"I'm not being bossy!"

"Yes, you are! You're telling me what to do!"

"That doesn't mean I'm being bossy."

Ross shoved my shoulder really hard and I stumbled backwards a few feet.

"Dude!" I yelled.

Ross ignored me and kept walking towards the plane. I was starting to get really annoyed. I think we're both just tired though, and that's why we don't have a lot of patience with each other right now.

"And luck on the plane?" Ross asked.

"I'm having some electrical issues. I think I might be able to make it to the airport. I think it would only be a half hour flight from here."

"Is that safe?" Ross asked.

"I'm not sure. But I think I want to try. Because I can't get a GPS signal or a phone signal out here. I can't contact anyone. So if I don't try, we'll be stranded out here and nobody will know where we are or that we need help."

I sighed, not liking the news.

"If I try to make it to the airport, I'm going to need to leave you two behind. And get everything off the plane that we can to make it as light as possible."

He got in the back of the plane and started handing stuff to me and Ross. We took our suitcases out. And then he handed us 2 cardboard boxes.

"Ok, if I can make it back, I'll send help to you guys, alright? Just make sure to watch out for grizzly bears and moose."

"What's in the boxes?" I asked.

"Survival stuff. We're required by Alaska law to carry it on every plane. You guys should be ok until help arrives."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ross asked.

"If I don't, we'll be stranded."

He got back in the plane. Ross and I carried our luggage and the boxes away from the plane. And we watched him take off. I was really worried we would see him crash, but he got in the air successfully. I kept watching until I couldn't see him anymore.

I looked at Ross. He was on his phone.

"Do you have a signal?" I asked.

"No."

I took out my phone. I don't have a signal either.

I sighed and sat down on my suitcase. I don't know how long we're going to have to wait, but I'm guessing only a few hours. This is going to be a long day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
599K 13.4K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 45.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...