Lure and Eros /BTS FF

By LizSorora

On an island there exist two families that have been for decades against one another. An ongoing vendetta th... More

Welcome
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 17

53 6 16
By LizSorora

In the quiet solitude of the village's library, Namjoon found himself seated at his desk, a dull ache pulsating through his temples—a relentless reminder of the previous night's hangover. The tavern's remedy, a handful of pills and a hasty meal had failed to dispel the lingering fog in his head. 

He had yet to step foot home from the night prior, and instead, all he could recall was his surroundings after he had woken up amidst scattered files and an empty bottle of alcohol standing sentinel at the edge of the desk.

His recollection of the night was a fragmented mosaic, the pieces held together by the reason that had driven him to drown his sorrows with alcohol, to begin with. The truth about the relationship between his brother and Sister Veta was still a bitter fact Namjoon didn't seem able to swallow.

The only thing he could recall well from his previous wasted night was some blurry dreams, where Veta, the object of his unspoken desires, had found a place on his lap, their lips entwined passionately. The cruel jest of reality revealed a different scene, however, one where his brother, Jungkook, took the place he yearned for.

The more he recalled that fact the more that thought felt like it was the cause that was stirring a tempest within him. Yet, he remained trapped in the cage of his thoughts, unable to confront Jungbook about the truth he had uncovered. Who would have thought that, that unpleasant rumour about Veta and Jungkook would get proven to be true, leaving Namjoon grappling with emotions he could neither suppress nor act upon?

Lost in the labyrinth of his contemplation as he was, Namjoon failed to notice Jungkook's silent entrance, leaning casually against the door frame. Jungkook had been looking for him, after eavesdropping on Terra and Veta's conversation. He harboured a plethora of matters to discuss with his brother, over his actions. 

"I've been searching everywhere for you. Where have you been?" Jungkook's voice cut through Namjoon's reverie, prompting him to turn, surprised by the sudden intrusion.

"Just taking care of some things. Do you need something?" Namjoon replied, feigning indifference as he busied himself with random files strewn across the desk.

"I want to talk about your actions," Jungkook stated, his straightforwardness carving an invisible divide between them. As Jungkook closed the door for privacy, the air thickened with unspoken tension.

"My actions?" Namjoon raised an eyebrow, dismissing the gravity of the situation. If anyone's actions needed analysis, they were his interactions with Sister Veta, he had thought but kept his tongue under control.

"Yes, getting drunk and kissing people doesn't exactly align with the responsible image you usually project," Jungkook remarked, his gaze carrying a seriousness and gravity for the certainly this was no laughing matter.

"Me? Kissing people? Who did I even kiss?" Confusion painted Namjoon's face, morphing into fear as the realization struck—his drunken dreams may not have been mere fantasies.

"Seems like you were too wasted to remember anything," Jungkook approached, disappointment etched on his features. "Terra. You kissed her while drunk."

"I did what?!" Namjoon's exclamation reverberated through the room, his face drained of colour as he sat back on his chair with a thud, taken aback by the words his brother just uttered.

"Sister Veta witnessed it yesterday. She confided in me about what to do with this secret of yours," Jungkook continued, crafting a convincing narrative that wasn't completely the truth. It didn't benefit Jungkook for Namjoon to know that he had been at the monastery that early in the morning and overhead the conversation Veta and Terra had so, claiming that Veta had called him, was a better option. Certainly, he and Veta were known to have a close enough relationship to be able to confide in each other about their problems, so Namjoon wouldn't consider it strange that she would tell him. 

"She won't reveal it to anyone; I promised her I'd talk to you, however. Considering that your actions are pretty much a sin, she was deeply disappointed in your behaviour." The doom of the situation settled over Namjoon, his mind a chaotic storm. How could he have messed up so badly in a single night? He couldn't believe his own self.

"Gosh, what have I done." He rubbed his face as his head leaned back on his seat, staring at the ceiling with regret for surely he understood well now the gravity of the situation he had caused. He had kissed an engaged woman. The fiance of his own cousin. This certainly would be considered difficult to solve.

"Do you have any feelings for Terra? Has this been going on for a long time or-"

"Of course not! What do you take me for? It was the first time and I was drunk out of my mind!" Namjoon felt offended by the words Jungkook spoke so he cut him off rather abruptly, standing from his seat and firmly hitting his palm against the wooden desk.

"Fine. Fine, there's no reason for you to get heated...I was just making sure." Jungkook placed his hands before him in a pausing manner as he retreated a step back, wanting to ensure that he hadn't come here for a fight or to put blame on anyone. All he wanted was to solve this issue before anyone's feelings got harmed and their relationship with Taehyung took a hit.

"Sorry, I was just...What do we do? Do you think Tae would understand?" Namjoon calmed down almost instantly as his point wasn't to argue either. All he wanted was for someone to erase as quickly as possible the stupid actions he had done and take along with them, the guilt that had rested so suddenly on his chest.

"You plan on telling?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow in surprise, for he wasn't expecting that his brother would be taking the road of sincerity so willingly. "I mean, taking into consideration that you were the one out of your mind, you should apologise to Terra and Taehyung as well but I am not sure if you will be able to emotionally go through that." Jungkook reasoned, for he knew more than Namjoon did, and thus he knew that Terra had been secretly attracted to him for a long time now. Meaning, this issue was not something he could close alone, by admitting to his drunk mistake and asking them both for forgiveness, because even if Taehyung was to overlook this as nothing more but a drunkard act, that it was, Terra's feelings still wouldn't change.

Jungkook was certain that her secret desire was bound to bring more issues for his brother Namjoon, even though he couldn't say so out loud. Unlike Terra's claims before Veta, Jungkook didn't believe her one bit when she said that she had not wanted this to happen and that she would do her best to stay away from Namjoon and forget those wrong thoughts she had for him. 

"What other options do I have? I need to take responsibility somehow." Namjoon was looking distressed as he placed his elbows on the desk and rested his heavy head on his hands, contemplating his life and cursing inwardly every gulp of alcohol he had drunk yesterday night. 

"That you certainly will. I am just saying that you don't need to do it immediately. Let things carry out a bit." Jungkook suggested to him as he approached the desk and leaned against it with a smile on his face, making Namjoon look up at him in confusion.

"Why? Is there something you are not telling me?" Namjoon questioned him for his face was more than suggestive at that very moment and he just couldn't understand the reason.

Jungkook leaned a bit closer to him as he maintained eye contact and then let him hear about a small detail he had yet to wander over.

"Hyung. You were drunk but she wasn't. Wouldn't you like to know the reason why she kissed you back?" Jungkook's words shook Namjoon momentarily for certainly that blank viewpoint had not crossed his mind till that very moment.

"If you are to go and present the truth to Taehyung, you should open his eyes to the whole truth and not just mere pieces, don't you think?" Jungkook went on, adding oil to the fire, now that he was aware of Terra's side. He was determined to unravel her true desires to both Namjoon and Taehyung. Simply because he found someone like her not decent enough to have the heart and loyalty of his cousin. 

She harboured thoughts over another man and even took advantage of Namjoon's drunken state to engage in a kiss with him. Such a woman was not one Jungkook would allow to get in their family, for as long as it was in his hand and he had a saying.

No one was gonna mess with the emotions and become the cause to stir the relationships of his family members. Especially not someone as insignificant as he considered Terra to be.

"I will have a conversation with her. Clear this all up." Namjoon uttered confidently his conclusion and Jungkook nodded his head in satisfaction for he agreed that this was a good step to take.

---change of set---

"I can't believe we got a tenant. This place has been up for rent for years but no one was interested. Few new people decide to come live in our village." The woman kept rambling as she was opening the windows of the small apartment that existed on the second floor, which came along with the first floor which used to be a small local clothing shop business.

"After breaking up with my girlfriend, I decided to change my life completely and I found this village randomly only and decided to give it a try. I am in need of starting anew and some good fresh air." Jimin responded with a smile, as he stood in the middle of the room that was full of dust.

"This place is definitely the best choice for that. You will love it here. All the villagers are super friendly and you even have people around your age around. Not like some villages that only have an older population." The woman encouraged him and Jimin just smiled more, doing his best to pretend and keep up the facade he had created, of a heartbroken young man that was in search of some healing in nature, far from the city and its people.

 "Sounds great. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and discovering this place." 

"My daughter can be your guide if you want. Just for the first days. Right after we sign the contract together, I can call her and tell her to hurry up.  She will let you know of any information you may need while staying here." The middle-aged woman so kindly offered as she approached him, after having finished opening all the windows, making the oxygen inside the room better.

"That's very kind of you. I guess I will take you on the offer considering that I don't know anyone around. Do you know anyone around who provides cleaning services? Or will I be cleaning this place on my own?"

"Don't say nonsense young man. There's no such thing here. But I and my daughter will clean everything before handing it over, worry not. You can go and bring your belongings whenever you want after we call you that it's ready." The older woman patted Jimin's arm as she reassured him that she had everything under control then she walked past him, for she saw her husband coming up the stairs, most likely having finished photocopying the documents of the rent contract.

"I am sorry it took me a while. My daughter Terra wasn't home and I don't know how to use well that laptop. I called her and she rushed home and did some copies for me." The man informed Jimin and his wife about how he solved his issue and Jimin just smiled, understanding that for his age group, it was most likely expected to struggle with technology.

"What matters is that you made it. Shall we take a seat and look over the contract?" His wife politely and kindly ushered Jimin to follow them down the stairs again and he did so after showcasing his good manners, with a bow and by allowing the lady to lead the way. Keeping his little momentary wonder to himself.

Terra huh?... I think I have heard her name somewhere, before.

---To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

614K 27K 38
When circumstances force Park Jihye into a loveless marriage of convenience with the younger brother of the person she has loved with her whole heart...
11.9K 330 19
๐˜๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ. ๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด.
63.3K 2.2K 33
(COMPLETED) Eight years.... Eight years is a long time to love somebody, A long time to completely commit, A long time to care. โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข In which Taehyun...
42.6K 1.7K 11
A story about friendship turned to hate and a love broken by betrayal.