The Last Golden Princess

Par gonnafail02

A Princess who never had to wear a crown to prove her reign. Rhaella Targaryen, daughter of the Conciliator a... Plus

The Golden Age
Duty
Terms and Conditions
The Union Of Dragons
Leaving Already
Dragons will be Dragons
Burn and Hatch
A Mothers Rage
Sacrifice

Our Agreement

847 29 0
Par gonnafail02

6th Evening of the 7th Moon 86ac,
Kings Landing

The Great Hall was filled by the court of King Jaehaerys Targaryen and his sister-wife Queen Alysanne Targaryen.

The king was sat on his Iron Throne watching the room of his Lords and Ladies.

His wife holding his only granddaughter on her hip with Lady Jocelyn laughing along to something Gael had said.

Aemon and Baelon stood near them talking to some lords on their recollection of the previous year's attempted Dornish invasion of the Stormlands and what they would do to prevent another.

Viserra was talking to some young lord who looked enamoured by her. Perhaps a betrothal would make her happier, the King pondered.

Disturbing his thoughts, four guards came running into the room making a beeline towards Lord Commander Gyles Morrigan who stood idly by the throne. The room had gone to a silence watching the scene play; the Lord Commander turned and made haste towards the King.

"Your grace, a dragon has been sighted on the coast. The Dragonkeepers believe it to be one of the wild ones."

For a second the Commander thought he hadn't spoken loud enough until his Grace rose from his seat with a,

Lock the door on my exit. My wife will do the rest

In a louder, clearer voice the King demanded,

Aemon, Baelon rūsīr issa

(Aemon, Baelon with me) 

Jaehaerys with his sons following left the room at once.

Iā zaldrīzes ēza issare ūndegīon va se coast, wild mēre rȳ bona

(A dragon has been spotted on the coast. Wild.)

Gaomagon ao jaelagon naejot jikagon īlva, kepa

(Do you wish to send us Father? )

Daor, Daor, īlon jāhor sylugon se redirect zirȳla.

(no, no, we will try and redirect him)

The three men made their way to the entrance of the castle with three Kingsguard members following. The grand doors opened and no one made a move.

Your Grace..

The Princess lead a curtsy with both boys mirroring her with a bow.

...Husband, Brother. We have returned at your request - although I was expecting a more welcoming reception for the Princes' return, I am sure they will settle with supper.

Viserys near killed Baelon with his embrace, he had missed his father dearly. Baelon was not hesitant to return it. There was a certain bond between a father and his heir. Noticeably, the Prince only had one of his sons run to his embrace and upon looking to the other he saw why.

Daemon was standing holding Rhaellas hand and a wooden sword in his other. He held a small snarl upon his face, one made for someone much older than only five summers.

Even the Princess had to admit Baelon looked as if his heart had shattered into a million small pieces. With that in mind, she led the small boy to his father and brother. Viserys by this point had moved to his Grandsires side to tell him of his adventures on Dragonstone.

Husband, how lovely it is to see you. You simply must catch me up on the latest news of court.

She placed a kiss upon his cheek so quickly not even Baelon registered what she'd done. Whatever she had planned had worked. Daemon dropped her hand and practical pounced on his father who caught him mid air.

Yes it seems, Wife. We must catch up. Supper first in our chambers, sound nice Daemon? Viserys?

Of course. However I must meet with the dragonkeepers regarding Grey Ghost.

Grey Ghost, surprising the rest of those gathered was patiently waiting for his rider to tell him what to do. He hadn't travelled that far for a while, normally choosing to stay in the comfort of the Dragon Mount. But here he was. In Kings landing with his Princess and her good sons.

I will take care of those matters, Sister. Go. Baelon has a lot to discuss with you.

Aemon spoke up breaking the silence that had befallen them, the king spoke no words nor made any actions towards his family. He only looked at the once wild dragon and tapped his eldest grandson on the shoulder to move him on.

Baelon muttered a thank you to his brother and made a fast pace to the family's chambers with Daemon rested on his hip. Rhaella didn't really have a choice but to follow taking Viserys hand in her own and bowing once more to her father.

The dinner went smoothly; the boys informed their father of their adventures and how much they enjoyed their trip. They were even allowed to stay up as per the wish of Baelon who didn't really wish to part with them again. It wasn't until Daemon nearly threw a drink at his older brother that they were sent to bed.

I know what you are thinking but I...

She started.

You have no idea what I am thinking, Wife.

You believe I am stealing them from you . From her.

No. No, that is not it. Their love for a woman they did not know was never going to be strong, I am not a fool. You are the woman who cares for them. I thank you for that. However. The dragon..

Grey Ghost.

She interrupted him

Ah yes Grey Ghost. Wild. I suppose you meant for Cannibal?

No. I meant for a hatchling.

He hummed, she was a mystery to him. His own wife did not make sense in his head. Minutes passed of silence.

I wish to propose an agreement

She was met with silence.

You fulfil your duties, I raise our children. As my own. I take full responsibility for them when you are occupied. But, for there sake, we need to be on better terms.

Are we not on good terms?

No. You ignore me. When you are not ignoring me it is because you are arguing with me.

You know, the day you were born, I was the one who was there? I was 9? I believe. Father was in the Westerlands, Aemon was with the other girls. Daella wouldn't rest unless he was holding her. It was a long birth. Painful. They wouldn't let me in, obviously. But I stood outside waiting for Mother to deliver you. I hoped for another brother, for Vaegon. But you were loved, don't doubt that. You are my sister. My young, sweet sister. That is why I struggle with it. I have killed one of my sisters - the strong one they called her. You. The sweet sister, I feared you wouldn't be able to handle it. Life. You have proved me wrong, Rhae.

I still wish to wait before you fill me with a child.

A smile graced his tired face, he looked as if he hadn't slept in his life.

To bed, husband. I fear I will not be able to sleep should you not be there to fight off possible intruders.

That gained another smile, something about making him smile filled her with joy. This was her family now, her husband and their sons. A new chapter for the mighty House of the Dragon.

—————————————————————————

Ok, yes this chapter is just mainly dialogue so I can get into it next chapter. Because I want the drama to kick up. And I want teen Daemon Targaryen but that's not the point. Love ya xxxx

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

107K 3.5K 44
Rhaegar Targaryen is the only son of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, Heir to the Iron Throne, but many don't wish him to lead even his father has his d...
6.6K 376 10
𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒𝐇 ❝I would like to burn them to the ground and stand on their ashes.❞ in which the eldest child of viserys targaryen and...
2K 61 7
Alysanne Stark is the daughter of Brandon Stark and Aemma Targaryen. Titled the Dragon of the North, the Rose White of Winterfell, the last Targaryen...
67.7K 1.9K 51
Princess Annelyse was the second and youngest daughter of King Viserys to his first wife, Queen Aemma Arryn. Despite both of her parents having their...