Out With A Bang | JiKook

By SILVERKOOK

"Some people just like things that are bad for them, ever consider that?" More

Out With A Bang | JiKook
playlist.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
*nine.
**ten
eleven.
twelve
thirteen
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
**twenty five.
*twenty six.

nineteen.

415 36 11
By SILVERKOOK

"I don't think this is a good idea..."

Yoongi wasn't exactly surprised when Jungkook returned back home from Jimin's bar, early and empty handed. He was surprised though, to see that the younger male didn't look completely defeated as he walked through the front door to his apartment.

The older male has been staying over for the past few days, going through and adding baselines to some of Jungkook's unfinished songs. Though, only the ones that the blue haired male had given him explicit permission to look at.

Earlier (well at around midnight) that night, Jungkook had decided that he couldn't take sulking in his apartment for any longer, and that he was going to go find Jimin and attempt to work things out because he knew they other male still wouldn't answer his messages even if he tried. Yoongi had told him that sounded like a horrible idea, and that if Jimin didn't want to talk to him, he probably really didn't want Jungkook ambushing him at work to force him to.

Jungkook was set in his ways though, and in the end Yoongi caved - solely because never once in his life had he ever seen Jungkook so torn over another human being.

Honestly, it was fascinating what Jimin had done to him. He had to give his friend some credit - it's not that Jungkook was a complete heartless jerk, it was just that he often didn't think about the effect his actions might have on other people. He would assume that since he didn't catch feelings, then the other person probably didn't either and so he never found an issue in just walking out of their lives.

Maybe now that he was on the receiving end, things were finally being put into perspective for him.

"You said that earlier today." Jungkook had just told him he had plans to meet Jimin after his shift. "And obviously, you were wrong, because now I actually have Jimin speaking to me again."

The blue haired male walked across his bedroom that they both stood in, opening his closet and rifling through his clothes.

"Him speaking to you doesn't really mean anything." Yoongi sighed, falling backwards and lying on Jungkook's bed next to his bass guitar and a few scrap papers. "Like sure, it's progress I guess, but there's nothing definite so please don't get your hopes up too high."

Jungkook frowned pulling out a plain black t-shirt to replace his wrinkled white one, and a dark grey zip up sweater to go over top.

"It's hard not to." He answered, folding the clothes over his arm and turning around. "I didn't think he was going to even give me the time of day, I mean we haven't spoken to each other in over a week. I'm just happy to not be completely black listed anymore."

Yoongi rubbed his eyes, exhaling softly before looking up at Jungkook's ceiling.

"So you're going to meet up with him after his shift." Yoongi asked, tilting his head forward to see Jungkook nod. "And do what?"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, looking at Yoongi suspiciously.

"Talk, reconcile, I don't know, I'm just trying to win his trust back." He huffed when Yoongi's judgemental expression didn't change. "I'm not going to do anything stupid."

Yoongi hummed.

"Are you going to tell him about the girl?" He asked, watching Jungkook's expression drop. It wasn't a secret amongst the band that Jungkook had made a bit of a... 'whoopsie' when he brought home a girl from the bar only a couple days after he and Jimin had their falling out, considering how much the drummer had been moping around after the fact.

Sure, it was a secret he could keep, but if Jimin asked anything that alluded to that - would he lie?

Lying's what got him into this whole mess in the first place.

"I hope not?" Jungkook finally answered, looking away from his friend. "I don't want to. I don't think I need him looking at me in a worse light than he already does." He huffed. "Besides! That was a complete fluke, on my part. We were both so drunk I don't even remember it, and if it wasn't for Hoseok I doubt I would've even stepped foot in the club that night."

Yoongi shrugged, partially accepting his friend's answer.

"Fair." He hummed. "I'm just saying, what if he asks if you've been with anyone since him? What're you gonna do? Hope he doesn't see through another lie of yours?" Jungkook groaned, bringing his hands up to rub his face in an attempt to soothe his stress. "I'm just trying to prepare you here."

"I know." Jungkook exhaled. "I just... I'd tell him if he asks, but I don't think there's a benefit in bringing it up otherwise." He met Yoongi's gaze. "I just want him to think of me better. I know he thinks I'm just some heartbreaking, groupie loving, playboy, but I want to prove him wrong."

Yoongi smiled softly, becoming pretty fond of the way Jungkook was changing before his eyes.

"What do you want from him?" He asked, making eye contact with Jungkook once more. "Do you want to be his boyfriend?"

Yoongi wouldn't be able to miss the way Jungkook's face flushed red at his question.

"I think so, yeah."

-

"You actually came back."

Jimin sounded extremely surprised when he stepped out of his work to lock up the shop, and found Jungkook leaning up against a wall there waiting for him. He couldn't really blame him, it was past four in the morning after all, the sky already turning into a deep shade of navy blue as the sun prepared to rise.

It's not that Jimin wasn't expecting Jungkook to hold true to his word, and in all honesty he probably would've been really disappointed if he didn't - he just still kind of wanted the taller male to prove him right. To confirm that he was a bad idea.

But instead, there Jungkook stood. It looked like he had made an effort for him as well. The messy hair he had noticed before was now looking washed and brushed, fluffy strands of cerulean falling neatly atop his head. He had changed clothes into a much better put together, though casual outfit, and he could smell the scent of his cologne drifting towards his senses.

He really was trying to win him back, huh?

"Well of course I did." Jungkook smiled, the street lamp above them casting shadows against all the high points of his face. "You said we could talk, I'm not going to pass up that opportunity."

Jimin had to turn his head to the side, not wanting Jungkook to see that smile that tugged at his lips. He was just too good at this. His voice was just too sweet, and his aura was unreasonably enticing. It was like he had figured out the perfect formula to make Jimin go weak in the knees.

"You're so weird." Jimin couldn't help but laugh, motioning for Jungkook to walk with him as he began to head towards his apartment. The look Jungkook gave him had another laugh leaving his lips, finding the taller males bewildered expression quite amusing.

"I'm weird." He repeated, squinting his eyes when Jimin nodded his head in confirmation. "How so?"

Jimin shrugged, watching out of the corner of his eye as Jungkook patted his pockets. He didn't have to continue watching to know what he was looking for.

"I just... I don't know." He sighed, suspicions confirmed when the sound of a lighter rang through the early morning air. "I really didn't expect you to do any of this." He turned to meet Jungkook's gaze, getting trapped within his eyes the moment he took the bait. It was like in the short amount of time they hadn't seen each other, Jimin had forgotten what he really looked like - because he found himself being blown away all over again. "I know I keep saying it but you could have anyone. Why do you want me so bad?"

Jungkook sighed, blowing out a cloud of smoke opposite from Jimin's direction.

"You're everything I could want in a person, and more." He spoke, his cigarette balanced between his lips as he did so. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, scuffed sneakers kicking up a few stray pebbles as he walked. "I've never had such a burning desire to just be with someone. I don't even think I'd care if we never hooked up in the first place, I just want to know you."

Jimin felt his breath hitch. He was trying his best to keep his guard up but the blue haired male was an expert at breaking it down. He was trying to hold strong through, he knew that Jungkook had lied to him before - it wasn't impossible for him to do it again.

He couldn't just cave because of a pretty face and even prettier words.

"You want to know me?" He was mostly repeating the words because of how unexpected they sounded, trying to reconfirm that they had actually been spoken as Jungkook nodded softly.

"Yeah." He smiled, his gaze warm as he and Jimin locked eyes. "I don't know... wanna know your favourite songs, your favourite foods, things you like about people, things you don't like."

"I don't like when people lie to me." He answered shortly, having enough confidence to hold Jungkook's gaze as he spoke the words. He watched a muddled mixture of shame and regret flooded Jungkook's eyes. "You do it once and now I'm convinced you could keep doing it whenever you'd like."

Jungkook sighed, the crisp wind tousling his hair.

"I'm sorry I lied to you." He apologized, taking one last long drag of his cigarette before dropping it to the ground and stomping it out. "I just wanted you to like me."

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows.

"I already did like you." He chuckled. "I thought that was obvious when I came to talk to you the first time." Jungkook's face softened, and Jimin watched as he tried to fight back a smile. "Sure I had assumptions about you, but I'd rather you just prove me wrong instead of lying to convince me otherwise."

Jimin knew that he had probably gotten his hopes up too high, as well. You just can't force someone to change, and he went into this whole situation with Jungkook hoping that he would be the exception. Was it really a surprise when he didn't quit all of his habits overnight?

"Again, I'm sorry." Jungkook's gaze turned to the ground watching as Jimin's worn out black boots walked next to his beat up sneakers. "I want to prove you wrong, I just didn't know how to go about doing it." He sighed, his breath making a small cloud in the early morning air. "I've never really felt the need to prove myself to anyone. Hell, I've barely even cared what people actually thought about me up until now." Jimin listened intently, eyes trained on the male walking beside him. "It just didn't matter, you know? People knew I wasn't the relationship type, and I didn't mind that. Why prove them wrong, if I was only going to know them for one night?"

Jungkook followed as Jimin turned a corner, the both of them nearing closer and closer to the shorter male's apartment block. "But I want to know you for so much longer than that. I wanted you to think of me much better than I actually am, because I want to live up to those expectations."

His words hung in the air for a few moments, Jimin taking the time to digest everything he had said. He sounded extremely genuine, his voice even wobbling with nervousness for some of the sentences he spoke. His eyes though, they told the whole story. Jungkook's eyes were practically pleading Jimin to believe him, chocolate brown irises shimmering in a way that had Jimin's stomach flipping.

The shorter male held the silence for a little while longer, motioning for Jungkook to follow as they walked towards the building he lived in.

What should he do? What should he say?

He wanted Jungkook, he had from the very start, but now that he had him basically in the palm of his hand he wasn't quite sure what to do with him.

Would their whole relationship be filled with misunderstandings and makeups if he followed through? He wanted to believe the answer was no, but it was a difficult thing to convince himself of.

"You're really distracting, you know that?" Jimin finally replied, pushing open the door to his apartment building and ushering Jungkook inside. "We're both supposed to compete in less than two weeks and I haven't done a lick of practicing because of you." He was aware that he had basically dodged Jungkook's confession, but he just couldn't find the right words to address it.

"Me neither. All I've done is think about you." Jungkook replied, watching as Jimin pressed the button to the elevator in front of them.

The shorter male smiled softly, turning his head to meet Jungkook's eyes.

"I guess we're both distractions to each other, huh?" He hummed, his heart thudding in his chest at the idea of Jungkook at home alone - mind flooded with nothing other than thoughts of him.

"I don't mind."

a/n:
helloooooo everyone!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter <3 much more jikook cuteness to come!

- Charlie :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 4.3K 76
~500 followers✅~ "Oh no..."~Jimin
251K 3.7K 89
JungkookxBTS 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓! -𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚜 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝘁𝘆 𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚡𝚋𝚘𝚢 -𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝚏𝚎𝚊�...
26.4K 1.2K 12
• 𝐃𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐱 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 • 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐭, 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐭𝐜. • 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐱 𝐛𝐨𝐲 • 𝐉𝐢𝐊𝐨𝐨𝐤 • 𝐭𝐨𝐩: 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤 • �...
18.9K 822 28
''Either u hate me, love me or try to run away from me always remember one thing, u r mine from the instance i set my eyes on you.'' ''It's never goi...