moonlit academy

By kittyboo

More

moonlit academy

402 2 2
By kittyboo

this was written by broken-pixie on fanfiction.net

Moonlit High Academy

Summary/Characters

At Moonlit High Academy (MHA), a boarding school for vampires, werewolves, witches, ghosts, shape-shifters, and humans, everything but the normal occurs. All of the groups, commonly known as flips, are all enemies with one another. When one student from each flip has a vision of an uprising evil, the Zouloves, they must put their differencies aside and work together to defeat the dark plague that is threatening to destroy their entire existance.

Vampire flip: Pale, Muscular & slim (guys), Althetic & petite (girls)

^*Zane Alcaster: 18, senior, basketball

*Daimen Bexter: 18, senior, basketball

*Veronica Dracula: 17, junior, softball

*Felicia Montoia: 17, junior, softball

*Professior James Abram:512 (42), powers/coach teacher

*Professior Agatha Starks: 237 (30), self-control/coach teacher

*Headmaster Count Dracula: 1,922 (35), strict

Werewolf flip: Tan, Muscular & broad (guys), Althetic & petite (girls)

^*Marcus Larka: 18, senior, football

*Dayton Anderson: 18, senior, football

*Lexie Ray: 17, junior, cheerleader

^*Paige McLynn: 17, junior, cheerleader

*Professior Matthew Angus: 40, defense/attack/coach teacher

^*Professior Trinca Felix: 36, self-control/coach teacher

^*Headmaster Daniel Morton: 45, strict

Witch flip: Muscular & slim/broad & Warlock (guys), Althetic & petite Witch (girls)

^*Serena stone: 18, senior, tennis

*Trinity Spellman: 17, junior, tennis

^*Zack Hefferman: 18, senior, swim

*Donte Force: 17, junior, swim

^*Professior Axel Zimms: 72 (29), spells/potions/coach teacher

*Professior Fiona Karr: 65 (37), self-control/coach teacher

^*Headmaster Alec Jo'hans: 96 (40), strict

Shape-shifter flip: Muscular & slim/broad (guys), Althetic & petite (girls)

^*Angelina Splicks: 18, senior, panther

*Berjae Mac: 18, senior, cheetah

*Gemi Thompson: 17, junior, lion

*Ton-Ton Gomas: 17, junior, tiger

*Professior Alexander Abnerb: 34, jaguar, different shifts/coach teacher

*Professior Mari Froster: 28, leopard, self-control/coach teacher

*Headmaster Mangus Jonous: 38, saber, strict

Ghost flip: Solid bodies to staff & students, Same as Shape-shifters

^*Edwine Williams: 18, senior, soccor

*Ronald Ragland: 17, junior, soccor

^*Eliza Watson: 18, senior, horseback-riding

*Becca Klass: 17, junior, horseback-riding

^*Professior Jeffery Smith: 43, strategies/coach/literature/history teacher

*Professior Skyler Andrews: 38, self-control/coach/math/science teacher

^*Headmaster Jack Turner: 42, clam/outlooking

Human flip: Everyone is different

^*Katrina Jaxon: 18, senior, gymnastics

*Clairessa Freeman: 17, junior, gymnasics

^*Darrian Homes: 18, senior, wrestling

*Jared Kado: 17, junior, wrestling

*Professior Taylor Nickson: 35, defense/coach/math/history teacher

^*Professior Belinda Parker: 29, gym/coach/science/literature teacher

^*Headmaster John Jaxon: 40, calm/understanding

Zoulof : Creatures that can be anything they want but true forms are shadows

*Latsyrk:

*Chaos:

*Niltak:

*Ylime:

*Parasectite:

*Grudge:

*Mitcark:

*Quelitsetik:

Chapter 1: More better...er...er

Walking to class can be such a bore. Who invented class anyway? I should find this out, invent a time machine, and clobber the one who came up with this monstrosity that teachers call education. My best friend, Clairessa, was chatting it up, with no one actually listening. Maybe in math today we'll be able to watch a movie. Sure it will end up having to do with math, like that tv show "Numbers", but hey, it's better...er...er than having to actually do the math. I wounder if... Just then Darrian walked by with a slice of german chocolate cake.

"Katrina, Clairessa...we have cake for desert today!" Darrian, excited as always, yelled right by us so the whole hall could hear.

"Nice to know, Darrian. Where's Jared? Wasn't he supposed to be with you?" Clairessa asked in a bored tone.

Darrian Laughed. "Mr. Kado got sent to Headmaster Jaxon's office."

I stared at him in shock. Jared never does anything wrong, so why would he be sent to my father's office? "Umm...Darrian? What did Jared do to be sent to my father's office?"

He cracked up again. "That's the funny part. He posted embaressing pictures of Ms. Parker all over the halls. Even in the vampire, werewolf, witch, shape-shifter, and ghost wings.

Clairessa spoke up. "Are they sure it was Jared?"

"Yeah, their sure. Zane and Daimen, from the vampire flip, saw him post the pictures on lockers in their wing."

"Feel sorry for Jared. Oh well, can't be late to math class. Darrian, want to come with?"

"Nah. I think i'll skip. Mr. Nickson can be such a drag. You know he wants to give me detention for speaking out of term during class yesterday? The nerve of him, man. What is so wrong with talking about that very new, very hot chick with Jared? Sure he may have been on the other side of the room, but it's Professior Nickson's fault for spearating everybodies friends. Can't avoid talking loud."

"Yeah huh," I repiled with a teasing tone. "You could have...oh I don't know...kept quiet for once."

"Yeaaaah, Katrina's right, Darrian. You could have shuted up for a change, you know. That would have made Mr. Nickson like you more better...er...er. Is that even right, 'more better...er...er'?" Clairessa exclaimed.

"I don't think so, Clairessa," Darrian repiled.

"You know they should make it be the right term of better. Kind of like they should for bertterest," I said.

"Well, we're off to class, Darrian. Come on Katrina."

"See you later Darrian," I said as I hugged him.

"Yeah. You guys meet me at the library after your lunch. Got it?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Clairessa and I repiled .

"And so ladies and gentelmen, if you only pay closer attention, you will be able to copy the notes I had written down to your benefit..."

Mr. Nickson kept on blabbering on and on about how he takes time in the period to write notes on the board so we know what to do to figure out the answers to the endless formulas he gives us. How we should take advantage of that so we don't...fail, for lack of a better word, on quizes and tests. He obviously didn't understand that the teenage mind is uncaring in this stupid school filled with creatures that normal people know as mythical. Why couldn't Mr. Nickson just have us watch 'Numbers'?

After the fifty minutes, which felt like a decade, of math class the bell rang; signaling next period, which happens to be Clairessa's and I lunch period. The class gathered up their books and such and headed out into the hall way.

"Oh. My. Fudge-sicle," Clairessa exclaimed. "Could that have gone any slower?"

"Don't jynx it, Clairessa!"

"What?" She replied innocently.

"This school is beyond normal; one period could end up lasting a century," I hissed.

"A century? Don't you think that is a bit too dramatic?"

"Nooooo," I drawled out.

"Huh-uh, sure," Clairessa sarcasticly repiled back.

We put our belongings into our locker and headed to the human commons. As promised by oh-so-faithful Darrian, german chocolate cake was for desert. Clairessa and I sat at our usual table, which was directly infront of the gymnasium's double doors. I, being very hungry, had two slices of pizza, a small bag of flaming hot cheetos, a bottle of Mountain Dew, cake, and orange Gaderade. Clairessa, always the health freak, had a grilled chicken salad, bottled water, an apple, protein bar, and a tiny piece of my cake. We were talking about the homecoming dance, which all students at MHA are able to attend.

"I can't believe that Headmaster Jaxon denied my pleas for the dance to be for us humans only. He's your father; he might listen to you. Can you please ask him to keep the freaks out of it?" Clairessa refered the other students who are not human as freaks. She loathed the "special" students with a passion.

"No, I can't. You know this. All of the Headmasters had come together and put their feet down. This is an occision to which we all interact with the other flips. I'm sorry, Clairessa."

"Yeah I know. Just wishful thinking...," she paused. "So. What are you wearing to the dance?"

"You know, I have yet to go shopping for it. Wanna come with?"

"Sure."

The bell rang signaling our next period, gymnastics.

"We'll go right after all of our classes, okay?" I gathered my trash and threw it away.

"Yeah. That's fine. Oh. Tell Mrs. Parker that i'll be late to class. Tell her it's lady problems," Clairessa said.

"Okay. What is it really, though?"

"I'm gonna go see Jared real quick. I saw him come out of the main office just a minute ago."

"Alright. See ya in a few."

"Back at cha."

Chapter 2: Gymnastics Bad

As I walked through the double doors of the gymnasium I knew it was going to be a terrible day for gymnastics practice. In the gym was Ms. Parker and my father, Headmaster Jaxon, talking by the back wall. I could tell by Parker's face that she was pleased with what he told her. I knew their confersation had to do with Jared.

That idot. Can't he be good for once in his wasted life. I mean, come on, he's a junior. Can't he act like one. Instead of acting like one of those annoying, pathetic excuse for a teen freshmen. He's never done anything wrong, just stupid, childish stuff. I mean I went through junior year with out being an idot. Of course it does help when your father is the Headmaster and breathing down your back everytime you turn around. But that's besides the point.

I walked up to them, not caring for if they wanted to talk in private. Ms. Parker trailed off of what she was saying and looked at me. Jaxon turned his head to see what caused her to stop in the middle of her sentence.

"Hello Katrina," my father addressed me.

"Hello Headmaster Jaxon," I replied. Even though my father isn't as strict as the other Headmasters of this school, even I have to address him as Headmaster.

"I assume you know of what your dear friend, Jared Kado, had done?" This time it was Ms. Parker.

Ooh! I hate her! "Yes, I have heard about that, Ms. Parker. And may I say that that was terribly wrong of him. He should have never done that."

"You got that right, Ms. Jaxon. Now go change for class," Ms. Parker replied, irratted.

"Yes, Ma'am. Oh, and Ms. Parker?"

"Yes?"

"Clairessa will be a few minutes late. She is having some lady problems. I'm sure you know what I mean?"

"Oh. Umm. Yes, very well. Now go change."

I went into the girls' locker room to prepare for the torture, while my father and Parker finished with their confersation.

Meanwhile with Clairessa and Jared....

"Hey, Jared, wait up," Clairessa yelled breathlessly as she ran up to catch up with him.

"Huh? Oh, hey, Clairessa," Jared said in a bored tone.

"Hey. So....what is the verdict?"

Jared sighed, "I am suspended until further notice. Apparently I have 'no regard of the rules' and am 'an irresponsible young adult that needs to learn to properly respect his elders'. I thought that senior citizens, you know people over 60, were my elders. How is Ms. Parker, who is like middle aged, my elder?"

"Elders are people who are older than you by years. You know people like your parents and older. And Ms. Parker is only 29. So when do you need to leave," Clairessa asked in a sad voice?

"Tonight. Today. Now," Jared, again, said in a bored tone.

"Oh. Well that sucks. Headmaster Jaxon is way harsh," she paused, "but not as harsh as the other Headmasters."

"Yeah, well, I gotta go. Pack my things up and stuff, ya know?"

"Yeah. Okay. I'll miss you lots," as she said this she gave Jared a big hug.

"I'll miss ya too. Tell Katrina and Darrian I said hey. And, uh, i'll see them we i'm allowed back."

"Okay, sure thing." Clairessa gave Jared another hug and sprinted to the gymnasium for gymnastics class. Great! I get to spend the next fivty minutes with the hag, who isn't really a hag but hey, who got my boyfriend suspended. Ooh. I hate her. Why can't she stay out of our lives. She deserved to have those embarassing pictures posted all over the school. She deserved worse than that, actually. Grrrr. I HATE MS. PARKER!

Back in the gymnasium....

I came out of the locker room only to see that Clairessa was entering the gym. She looked to be close to tears. What happened while she was talking to Jared? I decided to go back into the G.L.R. (girls' locker room) and ask her.

By the time Clairessa entered the room she was sobbing. "K....Katrina," sob, "Jared i....is b....b....being sus....pended until....until further not....notice." She was in all out tears now.

"Oh, Clairessa honey, I am so sorry. But hey, look on the bright side. He will be back. He's just suspended, not expelled. I promise it won't be more than a few months." I tried to sound confensing but I knew that I would not be able to get him back before next school year.

"He's going to miss homecoming. I'm not gonna have a date for the homecoming, Katrina! What do I do? I can't go solo," she sounded desprit.

"Why can't you go solo? I am."

"Because I have, well had, a date. Everyone knew that Jared and I were going together. I can't go solo now."

"Ask Darrian to go with you. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

"Okay, three things wrong with that. One, I have a boyfriend. It will be like cheating. Two, Darrian's not into dances. Three, he wouldn't take me anyway because we forgot to meet him in the library after lunch."

"Oh hepping-fudge-sticks. I completly forgoed. Man, he's gonna be so ticked off with us." I really didn't mean to forget that we promised Darrian we'd see him after lunch.

As Clairessa and I stepped out into the wide gym we heard a terrible boom, "ladies! So nice of you to grace us with your presence. To what do we owe the honor?"

I knew she was being sarcastic, but hey I couldn't help myself. "Ms. Parker," I sounded shocked, "You guys owe nothing. We just decided to go through your normal torture and sacrifce ourselves for your benefit." Everyone looked surprised as I said this. Clairessa was giggling. It's nice to see her laughing in the middle of her tragedy.

"That will cost you detention, Ms. Jaxon. Also, you girl's will have to do twice the amount of the routine as everybody eles. Now, everyone to the double bars. Pronto!"

As we all walked to the bars Clairessa whispered in my ear, "Ms. Parker can be such a D.R.A.G. drag."

"Tell me about it. She is also a snob-contagious bimbo that has no backbone to go with her two-year old attitude." I just love talking about Ms. Parker.

"Yep. Also she must have a stick up her butt. I mean look at the way she's walking, " Clairessa paused as we both looked toward Ms. Parker, "how can someone so young walk so stiff? She's like a statue trying to walk for the first time."

Our confersation ended as we reached the object that will be the cause of my death, the double bars. The last time I was on the double bars was last year. I had fallen from the high bar as I was doing my handstand. I had a bad landing, naturally, on my arm. It was broken in two places. It scares me to be on the bars again. Ms. Parker knows this, and that's why she's having us do this today. I. Hate. Ms. PARKER!

"Okay. I want you to line up alphabeticlly by last name. Everyone will participate," Ms. Parker gave me a knowing look, "weather you like it or not. Now, line up."

I was shaking more and more each time I got one person closer to the bars. My legs were wobbly. My hands were having a secure. My stomach sure was aching. My head was going to explode. I was next in line.

"Alright, Katrina. Your turn," Ms. Parker was grinning.

That down right b.... I galped. I walked toward the chalk. Spread the dry, itchy powder on my hands. Wakled to the first bar. Then I....fainted.

"Hey I think she's coming to," a familiar voice sounded in my head.

"Am I dead? Grandpa," I groogerly asked?

"No. No, Katrina. You just pased out during gymnastics class. Are you alright," the voice again?

I slowly opened my eyes. Only to be met with the brown ones of....my father. "What happened?"

"You fainted, Katrina."

I started to get up.

"I think you should lie down. The doctor will be here shortly," my father sounded worried. Wait worried?

"I'm fine," I looked around and saw nobody eles but Clairessa, "dad".

"You should still lie down. You bumped your head on the bars; you might have a concusion."

I layed back down and sighed.

"Our doctor is on vacation this week so the vampires' doctor will attend to you."

"What!" Both Clairessa and I did not like this. We did not like this at all.

My father sighed. "You heard me."

I groaned. He could not be doing this to me. What ever did I do wrong? What did I do to deserve this monsterousity of a situation? Could the world really hate me this much? Is it really out to get me? Why? Why is it always me? I hate my un-normal life. Just then, who shall appear but the vampy docty who shall observe me. I do not like this.

The vampire doctor is, yes also a vampire. He has long black hair and jade eyes. He's tall, like all of the male species in this school. And has pale skin like all vampires (they call it alabaster or porciline skin but we all know that it's real name is pale). He looked directly at me.

"You must be Katrina. I am Dr. Harker heard about your nasty....experience. Let's have a look shall we; to see if you have a concusion."

After a few minutes we all learned that I was perfectly fine. I hate to say it but, I told you so.

"So, Katrina. What caused you to faint?" My father, the oh-so-observent-one.

"Double bars. Last year. Scared."

Clairessa and my father knew exactlly what I was talking about. Dr. Harker had a look of confusion, so my father explained to him.

"Well, Katrina. You should conqur your fear before it conqurs you," Dr. Harker said.

"That's what I been telling her," my father said.

Clairessa and I were excused back to class and Dr. Harker went back to the vampire wing. He wasn't such a bad guy, actually.

"Well, Katrina. What do you think of gymnastics so far this year," Clairessa was grinning.

"Gymnastics bad," that's all I could say.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3: Sorry

Clairessa and I stepped out into the commons only to see a very ticked off, very red-faced, very pacing Darrian. I could see it now....our deaths await us. As soon as he sees us, he will murder us. Now, will it be by gun shot exacution style, gutted with a rusty buture knife, or a blow to the head with a steal bat? My choice....to run like the wind, even though i'm not on the track team. Man, i'd rather go back on the double bars than face the raging Darrian. Okay, so we forgot to stop by the library. Does that really mean he has to become homisidle? We didn't mean to forget. It just kinda happened. Well, we have to face him sooner or later. I perfer later but appearently it's gonna be sooner. Very sooner.

"Clairessa Freeman! Katrina Jaxon! How dare you not show up after your lunch!" He was close to exploding.

"Sorry Darrian," Clairessa said guiltly.

"Yeah, we got caught up talking about homecoming and forgot. We are very, very, truly, extreamly, supendiously, Hilary Clinton sorry, Darrian." I really felt bad. This was the first time Clairessa and I have ever forgot about a promise we made. Especially to Darrian.

"Yeah, you guys better be sorry. I waited for one whole period. No Clairessa and no Katrina in sight. You guys owe me big time," Darrian didn't sound angry anymore.

"So....are we forgiven," Clairessa asked?

Darrian sighed. "Yeah. My favorite girls are forgiven."

"Goody," I cheered. I love Darrian. Well not love love him. More of a friend love. But I sometimes get the feeling that he has a crush on me. Boy, do I hope i'm wrong.

We all hugged. Darrian went to his dorm and Clairessa and I went to get ready for dress shopping. Even though she no longer has a date and doesn't want to go, she's going to homecoming. We got out of our uniforms and dressed in our casual clothes. Finally. Good clothes to wear. We got our money and headed out the door.

As I turn around from locking the door I bump into a huge, cold boulder. As I look up I notice that it is not a boulder but a person. A person in a black cloak with the hood coving their face. I can't tell if it is a guy or some girl. By their size and how muscular they seem to be I would say it's a guy. But what would a guy be doing in the girls' dormatories.

"I'm sorry," I said. However, it was their fault I bumped into them. I mean he could of, oh I don't know, walked on the other side of the hall. Sure the hall's narrow but it's not so narrow that he would have to be right at my side.

"'S okay," cloak guy replied. Yep. By that deep voice it is deffently a guy. Or a girl on steriods. He continued to walk down the hallway.

"Hey! Next time watch where your going!" Oh-so-faithful Clairessa, can't keep her mouth shut.

"And we're off," I said as I grabbed Clairessa's arm, pulling her toward the stairs.

"Ooh, Katrina, what about this one?" Clairessa was holding a long, flowy black dress with rhym stones embedded to make a gourgous design on the bodice. It was beautiful, but not me.

"No thanks, Clairessa. It's pretty an' all, but it doesn't scream Katrina. More like it screams bite me, maul me, turn me into something evil. Ya know?"

Clairessa took a second to look it over. "Huh. I guess your right, Kat. Okay, it's a no go. Continue the search party."

I laughed and continued to look for the perfect dress. That's when I saw it; the most gorgous dress you could have ever layed eyes upon. A scarlet double strapped dress with a shaw and open back. It's skirt in layers. I have one word for this dress, magnificent. Clairessa saw the dress I was eying and came up to admire it with me.

"That's the one," We both said at the same time.

As I grabbed the hanger another hand appeared on it. I looked to see who the hand belonged to without removing my own.

"Angelina Splicks," I sneered.

"Katrina Jaxon," she replied.

I looked at the person next to her, "and Berjae Mac."

"Katrina," Berjae answered back.

"What are you filthy shape-shifters doing here," Clairessa asked?

Angelina looked to Clairessa annoyed. "Why, picking out dresses for the dance. Or are you too stupid to figure that out?"

"Well, i'm not the one who appears to be stupid, Splicks. Incase you haven't noticed, that dress you have your grubby hand on is Katrina's," Clairessa snapped.

"Oh, i'm sorry, Katrina. Were you wanting this? What's that? No, you don't want it? I can have it? Really? Thanks!" Angelina snatched it out of my hand.

I couldn't take it anymore. The next thing I remember is Angelina on the ground, a nasty burise quickly forming on her left eye. My hand in a fist. Oh snaps! I just punched her. Oh well she diserved it.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Angelina. I didn't mean to hit you. It's like my fist has a mind of its own. Sorry." You could tell by my tone that I was not sorry. Not one little bit.

I took the dress out of Angelina's hand and went to try it on. What do you know, it fit. So I went up to check it out. It cost me $599 but I think it's worth it. Angelina was gone and I knew that I was going to be paying for that punch soon. Angelina is a big tattle-tale. But then again someone might be questioning her about that shinner she's got. Like I said worth it and she deffently deserved it.

"Man, i'm tired of having to tell people i'm sorry," I told Clairessa.

"Tell me about it. Angelina's gonna be putting on so much makeup to cover up that bruise, she's gonna end up looking like a clown ready for the circus."

We both laughed and headed back to our dorm. When we got there my father, Angelina, Berjae, and Headmaster Mangus Jonous was sitting and waiting on the white sofa Clairessa and I knew we were in trouble. They all sent death glares my way, even my fahter, Headmaster John Jaxon.

"I hope you have a perfectly good explaination for this," Headmaster Jaxon pointed at Angelina's swollen mixed of purple, blue, and black eye, "Katrina".

I looked at Angie, grinning. "Yeah I do. She was trying to take something that was rightfully mine," I said smuggly.

"Oh, really? And what is that, might I ask," Headmaster Jonous asked?

So I explained. "I had found this perfect, and when I say perfect I mean was made for me and me alone, red dress that I was going to get for the dance. Angelina here, decided she , also, wanted the dress. She started talking. I got angry. I punched her. I bought the dress. The end."

"You punched her for some cheap dress," Headmaster Jonous yelled!

"It was anything but cheap, Headmaster Jonous. It cost me well over $500. And I didn't punch her only for the dress. She was opening her mouth, noise was coming out, that is never good," I said filled with pride.

"Okay Katrina. First, you need to apploygise to Angelina. Second, you now have kitchen duty for a month. Third, you get to sweep every hall in both human and shape-shifter wings. Last but not least, you get to attend the dance....as ticket girl," my father ordered.

"First, I already did...." I started but was rudly enterupted by Angelina.

"No she didn't. Well, she did, but in a hehe....haha kinda way," Angelina said accusingly.

I continued, ignoring Screech Voice (my nickname for Angelina). "Second, eww, I shouldn't have to do that. Third, that is compelely unfair. Last but not least, I can't. Clairessa needs someone to hang out with."

"Clairessa can help you collect tickets or she can hang out with other people. Her choice. You will do what I told you to do. Otherwise your punishment will be worse. Now applogise to Angelina," my father said sternly.

"Man, there should be a law to limit the amount of times one person should have to say.... SORRY.... to others," I said, appolgising to Screech Voice in the process. After that I stromed out and went to see Darrian. I'm not ready to make nice. That Angelina had it coming to her. Why should I pay the consequenes when she is just as guilty as me? I'm not ready to back down. Screech Voice will get hers. I'll make sure of that.

As I was walking down the hall I bumped into someone familiar- bumping into a familiar body that is. I looked to see who it was. Yep, it's cloak guy again. Why is he wearing that anyway? Someone needs to say something.

"Uh....hi. Sorry for bumping into you," there's that word again, "I wasn't looking where I was going," I said in a low voice.

"It's cool. No worries," cloak guy said.

"What's your name," I asked?

"Zane," he replied.

"Zane? As in Zane Alcaster? From the vampire wing?" This just got very interesting.

"Uh....yeah. Guess you heard of me, huh?" He was figiting.

"Yeah. You and, i'm guessing your buddy, Daimen ratted out my friend Jarred for the Parker pixs'," I accused.

Just then there was a noise on the other side of the hall. It sounded like the elevator opening. Zane looked around, nervously. Then his eyes locked on mine.

"Look. I gotta go, uh..."

"Katrina Jaxon," I filled in.

"I kinda gotta get outa here, Katrina." He looked at me apointedly.

"There's stairs right over there," I pointed towards the sign that read 'STAIRS'.

"Thanks." With that he ran down the stairs before I could even blink.

I continued to go to Darrian's dorm. When I got there I just burst in. We friends never knock on eachothers door; open axcess. Darrian was sitting on his couch, clad in low slung, grey sweat pants and a black wife beater, watching 'The Ring' with a bowl half full of pringles. I went over and sat beside him. I reached for some chips, only to have my hand lightly slapped away.

"I thought you forgave me," I said in a fake sad voice.

"I did," he said smuggly. "But these are my chips. See?" He stuck a pringle in his mouth, savering the taste. He was teasing me.

We'll see whose teasing who. I went to his fridge and got two cans of Mountain Dew. I put one on the coffee table in front of the couch and opened the other, sipping it. Darrian reached out for the one on the table. I got it before he was able to grab it. "Huh-uh," I said teasingly, "This is my pop."

"You already have one," he said pointingly.

"Yeah, and you got enough chips for a party of four." I took another sip of my pop. Yumm, delisious.

He laughed. "Fine. Have some of my chips, Kat. You cry baby."

I smiled and reached for some chips while handing the pop over to him. "Thanks. And your welcome," I said cheerily.

"Your thanks," he said, understanding.

We watched the movie. Occasionly throwing crumbs at each other. By the time Samara's dad killed himself, I dosed off. Darrian woke me up when it was over.

"It's late, Kat. You should go back to your dorm before you get caught," he said....sadly? What?

"Yeah I should. See you later, Darrian."

"Later," he replied.

I headed back to my dorm. What a shock I got when I got there. "What are you doing here," I asked angrly?

There sitting on my bed was Marcus Larka, ex-boyfrined ever since he turned into a werewolf two years ago when we were dating. Yep, ain't my life just perfect? Not. He better have one, or several, good excuse for being here. Where is Clairessa? Let me explain this. We were dating during freshman year all the way to sophmore year. Marcus turned during the summer before junior year. He had become distant and talked to me less and less. He became more annoying and mean. He ended up ignoring me and treating me like I was nothing, as if I was beneath him. It went like that for a month, then I got tired of it. I dumped him infront of all of his friends, including mine.

"Well, I was thinking....," he started.

"That's a first," I snorted, rolling my eyes.

He glared at me. "As I was saying....I was thinking. You know what I thought?" he asked.

"Is that retoriqule? Because I really don't care what you thought. Actually, I dodn't care about anything you have to say, so get lost." I walked back to the door and opened it. Cocking my head to show him I wanted him out.

Marcus walked up to me and shut the door. Jerk. He went back to my bed and this time layed back like he owned the place. Double jerk. He smiled knowing that I was getting mad. Yep, that's all he's good for; getting people mad at him.

"Anyway, I thought about what, oh what's his name, Jarred Kado, did. I just have to know what his punishment is. So...." He looked at me expectenly.

"What?" I asked, bored.

"What was his punishment?" he asked in a 'duh' voice.

"Suspended until further notice. Now, you can go dig a hole somewhere and crawl in it until further notice. Out," I gritted my teeth.

"Jeez, Kat," he started.

"It's Katrina. Only my friends get to call me Kat," I was getting angrier.

"Fine, Katrina. Anyway, how have you been? It's been a while,"he said as he toyed with Mr. Krazie-Pants; my teddy bear in ty-dyed overalls.

"Almost two years. I been better than ever. Yep, way better. Never been happier. Yeah, I've been having the time of my life. Can't get any better than this." I knew I was babbling.

"You guys changed the look of the room since the last time I was here," he said as he looked around.

"Well, duh. Girls can't keep something the same for more than three months. If that. Have you seen Clairessa?"

"Haven't seen her since we broke up," he said.

"Humph. You can leave now," annoyance staying in my tone.

"Yeah. I get it. I'll leave," he paused. "Truce?"

"Ha. As if. Marcus, we are enemies. We don't make truces." Seriously, can't he take a hint?

"We aren't enemies, Katrina. Never were. Never will be. You'll have to square with that someday." He sighed. "But, beleive what you want. Whatever helps you sleep at night," with that he left.

"Ugh. You. Are. Impossible!" I yelled down the hall. He just simply waved.

I dialed Clairessa's cell phone number. Where is she? She never stays out passed curfew. Something is deffentaly not right.

Ring.... Ring.... Ring.

"Hello! You reached Clairessa Freeman. I'm not able to take your call right now, but leave your name, number, and message and i'll get back to you as soon as possible."

Her voice mail? She always answers her phone. "Hey, Clair. It's Katrina. Call me back, even if your on your way back to the dorm, ASAP."

I hung up and went to watch a movie. Hmmm. The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Charmed, The Howling. That's it! I'll watch a bunch of 'Air Bud' movies. Then again, I think I got enough of dogs after Dog Boy (nickname for Marcus). So I guess it's all the 'Bring It On' movies.

As I was on 'Bring It On: All Or Nothing, the door burst open. In came Cloak Boy, who's name I learned was Zane. "Come in if you must," I muttered.

"Thanks," he said as he came in. He didn't really need an invitation to come in; that's a myth normal people came up with to feel safer when it comes to vampires.

"So why are you here?" I asked once he shut the door.

"I have some matters to discuse with you. Very hush hush info," Zane said in a secret agent tone.

"Yeah? Well, listen CIA-dude-in-a-black-cloak-that-goes-by-the-name-of-Zane, I am not interested, nor ever will be, in what you have to say," I sneered.

"Oh, I think you'll change your mind," he said, in a cocky tone, grinning.

"Enlighten me, Oh Great One," I said.

"Something is going to go down during homecoming. You are one of the few invovled....," he was cut off by me.

"Listen, Zane. I'm not one to be into blowing peoples brains out during social gatherings. So you can count me out," I paused. "Besides, I have to be ticket girl."

"That's not what i'm talking about....You know what? Forget it; you'll see soon enough." With that he left the room before I could blink.

What is with everyone outside the human flip doing coming into my room and talking to me? Don't they get that we are enemies? Ugh. Stupid "Special" jerks. All of them; Screech Voice, Dog Boy, Black Cloak, and everyone else. Hmmm, where is Clairessa? I got tired of not knowing where she was so I went to my father to ask him if he knew of her whereabouts.

"I don't know where she is, Katrina. I'm glad that you came and told me that she's missing. Now, it's passed lights out; get to bed. I'll have some staff on the look out for Clairessa." My father sounded tired. He must of had a long day- and longer night ahead of him. I sympathize him.

I walked back to my room and layed down on my soft, queen sized bed. I pulled the silky sheets over my pajama bottoms and oversized T-shirt clad body. Then pulled the heavy-with-warmth comfoter on top. My body sunk down in the cushion-y mattress. Ahh, just like heaven. My eyelids got heavy and slowly started to close sending me in countless dreams of a normal life in a normal school. Then all of a sudden I hear something unfamiliar to me.

" Into your life. Into your dreams. Out of the dark. So out again. You can't explain. You can't explain.... Can you feel it? Can you feel it? Rushin' through your head. Rushin' through your head."

"What is that racket," I said as I raised my head up, sleepily.

"Sorry to wake you, Kat." It was Clairessa. "I forgot to turn off my alarm."

"Ugh, turn it off." I fliped over on my stomach and went back to sleep. In a deep sleep I started to have a dream, or a nightmare....

Everything is twisting into complicated swirls. I am in the middle of the gym. Everyone has attended the homecoming dance. I feel that something is out of place. There is a twisted, demonic face peering at me from out of nowhere. It's mouth, filled with razer-sharp fangs, is moving as if saying something. There are faces closer to either side of me, I can't make out who they are, though. Suddenly, a terrible sreech, like a war cry, pireces the air, drowning out the music playing in the background. People, and "specials", are running around, franticlly. Then Fang Face becomes clearer. He's a monster I am not familiar with. I'm frozen in my place, unable to run. He comes at me with lightening speed.

BANG!

"....and I ain't leavin' til they throw me out. Gonna have a little fun. Gonna get me know i'm here. I'm here for the party." Gretchen Wilson's "I'm here for the party" blaired from my stereo. I turned it off with my remote. That devil of an invention is gonna give me a heart attack one of these days.

I looked over at Clairessa. She seemed bothered by something. He face was contorted into a frown and her eyebrows were furrowed together. She was jerking in her sleep, like she was stuggling with someone.

"N....no! Hmmm. Get off me! Let me go! Pl....please," she cried.

I had enough, I had to wake her up. I walked up to her bed and shook her right shoulder. "Clairessa. Clairessa. Wake up. It's only a dream. Wake up."

She stirred and slowly opened her eyes. "Ka...Katrina. It was horrible. there were faces. So many faces. They surrounded me and....and....that's all I remember." She was sobbing.

"It's alright, Clairessa. It was only a dream." I rubbed her back, trying to make her feel better.

"That was no dream. Dreams are like getting a puppy. Or getting a 'D' or better on a test. No, that was no dream. It was a nightmare."

After a while, Clairessa had gone back to sleep, but not before calling Headmaster Jaxon to tell him she would not attend class today due to being ill. I got ready for school. I brushed my long, brown hair and put it up in a sloppy, high bun. I changed into ripped blue jeans and a black tank top. I had little make up on- just clear lip gloss, brown mascera, and brown eyeliner. I put on my black ankle boots and headed out the door.

"What do you mean Marcus came into your room last night?" Darrian asked me.

"He came to ask me what Jared's punishment was," I said.

"You didn't tell him, did you?"

"Yeah. I did," I said guiltly. "Oh, and Zane Alcaster, from the vampire flip, also came into my room last night."

"What!?"

"He said something is going to go down during homecoming. Also I had this strange dream, or nightmare. Oh, and Clairessa did too. What do you think?"

"I say it's all in your head. So....about homecoming. Wanna be my date?" Darrian just can't take no for an answer.

"Darrian. I really just want to be friends. We have a great friendship...." he cut me off.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You told me before. Can't hurt to ask again," he smiled.

I smiled back. "Yeah. It can't hurt....me."

"Hey it's cool. Maybe someday, huh?" Darrian-the-oh-so-persistant.

"Yeah, maybe. Someday. So what's for lunch?"

"Ugh. Not good; no cake today," the cake lover said.

I pouted. "However will we survive," I smirked.

"Yeah, how?" Darrian flung his right arm around my shoulders.

I giggled. "We wont." We continued talking while walking to the cafetera.

Everyone who was human was there. What? Appearantly we were having a meeting during my lunch period. I could tell that it was going to be a long lunch this time. Usually it goes too fast to be real. My father was at the front of the commons, standing behind the stand. Both professiors, Nickson and Parker, were on either side of him. Headmaster Jaxon scaned the commons. He looked mad. His jaw was tight. His lips in a thin line. Pircing eyes glared at the entering students.

"Take a seat." That's all he said.

Darrian nudged me to take a seat next to him. I gladly accepted. Hey, we're friends, what do you expect? As I sat, he asked me what was going on.

"I have no idea but Headmaster Jaxon is not happy."

Darrian looked at my dad, as did I.

"Well, we'll find out soon enough." He sat back in his chair and put his arm over the back of mine.

"The one's whom have yet to eat may get their food," Mr. Nickson announced.

I got up to get my tray of food. My lunch consisted of two chicken enchallidas, hawaian punch, apple juice, baby carrots with ranch dressing, and a side of fries. I went back to my seat. and started eating. Darrian, of course, stole a hand full of my fries. I heard the speaker turn on.

"Alright, I need everyones attention. Quit talking," Headmaster Jaxon paused for the murrmering to stop. "Alright. I was told some disturbing news last night- that a student was out passed curfew." I knew of whom he was speaking of-Clairessa. "I guess I should inform all of you that curfew is now at eight o'clock.

Everyone began to mummble, including me. This could not be happening.

"We will also have better security, for we did not know this particular girl was missing until we were told.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 5: New Curfew

Some guy, I think Kirk, got up and started arguing with Headmaster Jaxon and the professors.

"Kirk!" Professior Nickson shouted. "Take a seat and shut up!"

As Kirk sat down he mummbled, "this sucks. Who do they think they are. Teens have a life unlike them."

Darrian chuckled and squeezed my shoulds. Then he leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear.

"This really sucks doesn't it?"

I could see out of the courner of my eye that he was slowly reaching for more fries. I slapped his hand and pouted at him.

"Your gonna make me starve if you take any more of my fries."

He playfully glared at me. "You know. For how much you eat, your gonna become increasingly fat." He patted my stomach.

"Nuh-huh. I have a very high metabolism. There-go no fattness." To stregthen my point I popped a fry into my mouth.

Darrian just chuckled again and reached for my fries again. He was successful.

"Darrian!" I yelled a little too loud.

Everyone looked our way, including my dad and professiors.

"Is there something you'd like to share, Katrina?" My dad's booming voice demanded over the microphone.

I had to clear my voice to keep it from cracking. "No, Sir." I hate speaking infront of people, even at my seat in the back of the room. It's just embaressing and it makes me nervous. Everyone stares at you. Just waiting for you to make a humillating mistake.

Darrian was oviously trying to hold back a laugh.

"Well. Perhaps you would like to tell everyone what I just said."

Sometimes I think my dad, Headmaster Jaxon, doesn't just treat me like everyone eles here but worse. I mean he knows how I feel about speaking in large groups, and yet here he is telling me to repeat his words to everyone in the commons.

"You could come up and stand in the front, here."

Okay. Now I know he's trying to give me a heart attack.

I slowly got up, with shaky legs, and headed to the front. I could feel everyones eyes following me. As I got behind the stand, my cheeks became really hot; I was blushing. I took a deep breathe. Then I locked eyes with Darrian. He had his arms crossed over his chest and he was smirking. He reached for my tray of food, still looking at me, and shoved some into his mouth. That jerk. I'm gonna kill him.

I cleared my throat. "Head...."

Jaxon cut in. "Just tell them what I said."

I took another deep breathe. "We have a new curfew." My whole body was shaking.

"What time, Katrina?"

"I-It's at eig....eight o'clock."

"And....?"

"Uh....." I had stopped paying attention after he said the time so I had no idea what else the had said. Oops!

"Katrina. Were you not paying attention?"

"Uh...."

"Thank you, Katrina. I'd like to see you after lunch."

"Yes, Sir." I mummbled as I walked back to my seat.

Eyes were still on me and my blush had yet to leave.

Darrian wrapped his arm around my shoulders again and coughed, covering up his laugh.

"It's not funny, jerk."

"You have to admit; it is a little bit funny," he replied.

"No. It's not." I shrugged off his arm.

"That must have been so humillating, Kat." Clairessa spoke up for the first time since we arrived at the commons.

"It was. See? I'm still shaking and red."

"Actually, your pink, Kat." Darrian pinched my left cheek.

I swatted his hand away and glared at him. "Thanks heaps, Grandma."

This time he glared at me. "Whatever."

"Your not gonna deny it, Darrian." Clairessa grinned.

"Oh. I deny it alright. If I was her grandma I wouldn't do this...."

Darrian grabbed my head and smacked his lips on mine, like a little girl kissing her puppy on the head with a "muah" sound.

"Ugh! Darrian!" I said only to where Darrian and Clairessa could hear me.

"Just proving that I ain't your grams, Kat. However, I could give you a whole lot better of a kiss that that."

He went to give me a kiss and I hurried away from him.

He just did the usual; chuckled.

"You'll come around someday."

"I highly doubt that." I looked at my empty tray. "You owe me a lunch."

"How's I take you out to dinner?"

"I think school lunch tomarrow will do just fine."

"Yeah. O..."

The bell, signaling the end of lunch, rang.

"Remember the new curfew is eight o'clock sharp. Punishment for those who do not follow the rules. Katrina. In my office. Now." Headmaster Jaxon ordered.

**************

CHAPTER 6: Step Up

I slowly went to my father's office. Which, by the way, is not a place where you want to be. It's a place of authority. A place of no hope to return back to normal. Some people say that my father is always calm and understanding. HA! As if. Every time I get into trouble, he is so not calm nor understanding. Then again, what parent ever is?

I sat in one of the chairs infront of the intimidating desk. My father took the seat behind the boss-man's desk. He had on a furious look on his face.

"Katrina. As the daughter of the headmaster in this area, you need to be more respectable than anyone else in this wing. You are constently getting into trouble. The insident with Angelina Splicks."

"That was her fault!"

Headmaster Jaxon lift his hand up, signaling me to be silent.

"And now this." He sighed. "I think I need to increase your punishment."

"But...."

"No, Katrina. I've talked to the other headmasters and they all need some help with somethings. I said that you would be more than willing to volunteer to help them out. Now you still need to sweep the hallways. You still have kitchen duty. And you still have to be ticket girl. Do we understand each other?"

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Your a good girl, Katrina. However, you need to step up your game. This behavior is unacceptable. I understand your eighteen and trying to find your own way through life, but I feel you are doing it the wrong way."

"Yeah. Okay. Whatever you say." I lowered my head.

"I have good news that might help you and Clairessa."

I looked up at him.

"I have decided to bring Jared Kado back to school."

"Realy!?"

"Yes. He will be here in time for the homecoming dance. However, he also has a job to do there instead of partying."

"What does he have to do?"

"He in charge of the punch bowl. Can't have anyone slipping any achole into the beverages now can we."

"He gets to stay here right?"

"Of course."

"Thank you. Clairessa will be really happy to hear this."

"I think that may be an understatment."

"Yeah. Most likely."

"You may go now, Katrina. You start your punishment bright 'n' early tomarrow."

"Yes, Sir."

"Get plenty of sleep. Your gonna need it."

I got up and left. I was really happy that Jared was allowed to come back. Awesomeness!

********

CHAPTER 7: He's Back

I hurried down the many halls of the human wing. I just had to tell Clairessa about Jared. I am very surprised that my father had let him come back. Wounder what Ms. Parker thinks of that. Maybe my punishment will cut into her gymnastic teachings. That would be great. Missing her class, I mean.

I had reached Clairessa's and I dorm room when I heard voices on the other side of the door. Neither of them were Clairessa or Darrian's. They were familiar, however, I could not pen point them.

I opened the door to revile Zane and his friend (also a vampire - obviously), Daimen.

"Great! My day is now compelte. So nice of you to grace me with your presence, Zane. And Daimen."

"We heard that your friend was coming back." Daimen said as he looked around the room, as if he was looking for something.

"Well, yeah. Why, you got a problem with that?"

"Yeah. We do, Katrina," Zane said.

"What's the problem? Not that I care."

"He's in charge of the punch bowl, right?" Daimen asked. He looked a little angry.

"Yeeeahhh. So?"

"He's not really one to be trusted, is he?" Zane looked directly at me.

"He can be trusted. Besides. His being in charge of the punch doesn't harm you Vampires in anyway, shape, or form."

"Maybe. Maybe not. Besides. It does harm you humans and the shape-shifters. That means half the school."

"I trust Jared. And does many others. So what if he got in trouble for pictures. It's not he's gonna posion the punch."

The look on Zane's face told me that he really did think that Jared would posion it.

"You jerks can leave now."

"Jerks" must have been the magic word for Daimen to snap. One second he was a few feet away from me, the next he was holding up against the wall by my neck. My feet were a few inches off the ground.

Daimen let out a growl.

"Let her go, Daimen." Zane had put a restraining hand on Daimen's shoulder.

It was starting to become difficult to breathe. I started struggling. I know. I'm slow with these things. So sue me.

Daimen dropped me to the ground. I put a hand to my throat and started coughing.

"You should watch what you say, blood donor." Daimen growled.

"Let's go, Daimen." Zane looked at me. "Just remember that we warned you to not put any trust in Jared."

With that they both walked out of the room.

About two minutes afterwards Clairessa walked in. My mood suddenly became cheerful again.

"Clair. You'll never guess what my father had told me."

"What?"

"Jared's coming back!"

She just stood there for a minute.

"Seriously?"

"Yes."

"Seriously!"

"He'll be here in time for the dance."

Clairessa threw her hands in the air and yelled, "YEAH!"

She ran toward me and threw her arms around my shoulder.

"I get my date back." Clairessa had tears in her eyes.

"Well. Actually, you might not."

"What? Why?"

"He's punch guard."

"Oh. Well. I guess that doesn't matter. He's gonna be back. That's all I care about."

"He's not gonna be back." A new voice exclaimed.

Clairessa and I looked at the intruder.

"He's back." Jared smiled.

Clairessa ran into his awaiting arms and kissed him deeply.

He's early. Wow. I really didn't see that one coming.

Just then the burst open. Standing there was Darrian.

"Hey, man. I heard you were back."

"Yeah." Jared released Clairessa, but held her hand. "Teachers missed me, I guess.

"Sure they did. I bet Ms. Parker was torn when you had to leave." I chuckled.

Everyone else chuckled along with me.

Darrian came up to me. "How'd it go?"

"Well. I'm still alive so it wasn't as life threatening as we thought." I smiled at him. "Actually, it wasn't bad at all. Of course I do have punishment. Which, by the way, starts tomarrow."

"Aww. Poor, baby." Darrian laughed.

"It ain't funny." I huffed.

"So do you have classes tomarrow?"

I sighed. "Not sure. He did't tell me."

"Hmmm. Well. I guess we'll know tomarrow."

He pulled me to the black, leather couch that was located in front of the tv.

"What to go get something to eat in few?"

"Why? Are you planing to eat my snack if we do?"

"Maybe. Depends on what you get."

"What if I got bufflow wings?"

"You wouldn't even get one taste."

"Buttery Popcorn."

"You'll get some. The plain ones." Darrian chuckled.

"Ice cream."

"What flavor?"

"Strawberry, of course."

"I'm more of a chocolate kind of guy."

"Ice cream it is then."

"Wanna see if Clair and Jared want some too?"

"Yeah."

As we went to see if they wanted to come with us, we realized that they were in the middle of a hot make out session.

"Guess it's just us," Darrian said.

"You do realize that this does not mean we're dating."

"Yeah, I know. Sadly."

"C'mon. I want some strawberry goodness."

"Chocolate for me."

It is really nice to have Jared back. Clairessa's happy again. Jared's a great guy. However, I can't shake the thought that Zane and Daimen were right - Jared can't be trusted. Even though he gave me no reason to not trust him. I don't think Jared would posion his friends or any other human. The "Specials" maybe, but not humans. Jared hates them even more than Clairessa does. Posioning the punch would only affect humans and shape-shifters. No. Zane and Daimen are wrong. Jared can be trusted with anything. He's back. It's great that he's back in action.

****************************

CHAPTER 8: PUNISHMENT #1

After having some ice cream with Darrian I was sleepy. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. When I wake up I will have to do to my cruel and unusual punishment. I have kitchen duty, sweeping, and some 'volunteer' work that I get to look forward to. Yippie.

Darrian had to carry me to my dorm and set me on my bed. Hmmm. Comfy.

As I was in a deep sleep I had a very strange dream.

Everything is swirling around and around. Faces are twisting into horrific Images. I am standing by double doors and am shouting to a person whos face I cannot see. I can hear people shreeking and calling out for help. Shadowed figuers are all over the place. I feel someone grab my hand and pull me away. I turn around and see people- students- being torn to shreds by the shadows. (I know it's a little incoherent but you must think...this is her dreaming.)

I woke up in a cold sweat. Everything from my dream was a little fuzzy. I looked at the clock by my night stand and realized I was late. I quickly grabbed the closest thing my hands touched and put it on. Big mistake. To my horror I realized I had just put on one of Clairessa's skimpy clubing dresses. I quickly took it off and went in search of jeans and a T-shirt. I put on some flats and headed out the door.

My first chore was to work in the kitchen....as bus girl. I had to clean the tables, wash the dishes, and pick up any trash or food left behind.

"Well, Katrina, you're late but of course you are dear." Mrs. Leirman boasted cheerfully when I steped into the kitchen.

Mrs. Leirman was a 52 year-old woman that was always cheerful and kind. She had a few wrinkles on her face and her hair was losing its color. She was a little on the plump side and stood about 4'8". Everyone liked her. She was so easy to get along with.

"Yeah, sorry Mrs. Leirman." I put on an apron that she pointed to.

"Nonsense, my dear. Heck. When I first had to do kitchen duty in my prime, well, I was over an hour late. You're just a few minutes past schedule. Now, breakfeast has been severed and there are a pile of dishes in the sink that need a good washing so we can start on the lunches. And for now on you can call me Flores." She smiled at me and led me to the sink.

"When do I get to leave?"

"Why? You ready to get away from me the soon?"

"I didn't mean...."

"No, no, dear." She laughed. "I'm just joking with you."

"Oh. Well, still. It's just that I...."

"Don't want to have to do a bunch of dirty work, huh." It was not a question.

I laughed a little. "Yeah."

"I thought so. Who ever WANTS to clean up after others?"

"Very true," I said.

"Okay, dear. Now. When washing dishes you must. I repeat MUST. Use hot water. Not cold, not warm, HOT. You must also rinse them with hot water. The dishes need to be spotless and must be put back in their proper places so we aren't scurring around looking for them. Now, here are some cleaning gloves, a hair net, a towel, and you already have your apron."

She handed me the things and shooed me to the sink. I started washing, trying my best to get it done in a short amount of time.

When I was done with the dishes, I moved onto making sure everyone threw away their lunches that they did not finish and trash. There were only a few students left eating. Darrian, Clairessa, and Jared were among them. I skipped over to them and plopped down in the seat between Darrian and Clairessa. Jared and Darrian were having a guy arguement over the best football team.

"I tell you, the Michigan Wolverines can trample the Ohio State Buckeyes." Darrian told Jared in a matter-of-fact voice. (lol...a few members of my family always have this kind of arguement during a Michigan/Ohio State game.)

"My dear friend, you have so much to learn. Ohio State has better players and more sense than Michigan." Jared sounded a bit on the angry side.

Geez. What is with guys and their favorite football team. If someone doesn't like their team, they must argue until that person "sees reason and his wrong choice". It's only a sport people! Who cares what team someone else likes. Get over it.

"So, Clairessa, what's up?" I asked ignoring Darrian and Jared's stupid spat.

"Oh. Nothing really. So how is the kitchen duty life?"

"Not my choice of a career," I replied.

"I wouldn't think so. So are you finished?"

"No as a matter of fact I still need to throw trash and such away." I stood up and waved to the group.

"You ain't leavin' are ya?" Clairessa looked a bit panicked.

"Yeah. Kitchen duty calls, ya know?"

"You can't leave me here with these two knuckle heads. I need a girl to talk to."

"Sorry, Clair. I don't get a choice in the matter. See you guys later." I walked off.

I countinued with my chores in the kitchen/commons. When I was done Flores told me that I am now needed to go sweep the hall ways. What joy for me. I didn't know that the halls were going to be very eventfull.

*************

Chapter 9: Punishment #2&3

I had finished sweeping all of the halls in both human and shape-shifter wings. It was extremely uneventful and boring. I was on my way to help assist in the vampire wing when red hair caught my eye. Damien Bexter.

"Well, well," Damien looked me up and down. "If it isn't the trouble maker." He made his way over to me.

"What do you want bloodsucker?" I sneered.

"There are a lot of things I want." He continued to look at me, his eyes lustful. "A hot body pressed up against mine, for instance."

Damien had made it over to me and had blocked my way. I leaned against the wall and glared at him. He only copied me and trapped me; a hand on each side of my shoulders. He was smirking- he knew I was annoyed.

"You're a pig, Damien."

He laughed. "Actually, I'm a vampire."

He leaned in, going for my neck.

I pushed him back. "Get away from me, Damien!"

"Now, why would I want to do something like that?" He pushed me up against the wall again, with force.

I winced. The impact hurt my back. A lot.

I don't know much about Damien. He is, of course, pale. He dyed his hair red and has multiple piercings. He's tall, lean, mean, and muscular. He, get this, wears make-up; you know eyeliner, nail polish, maybe some lipstick and eye shadow. I know that you do not want to make him mad. I know that he has killed many people; before and after he was turned. He does not let people know much about him and that is one of the things that make him who he is- one of the most dangerous vampires in the school. He's not the type of guy you want to meet alone. Or any time for that matter. You also could never tell if he liked you or hated you.

"What do you want, Damien?"

"Didn't we already go through this?" His voice was hoarse, with lust?

I gasped in surprise when Damien started to work one of his hands around my waist.

He was about to pull me close to his body when Edwin, a ghost, appeared out of nowhere behind Damien.

"I believe that she does not want you to touch her," Edwin sneered as he threw Damien a few feet away from me.

"Aw. We were just havin' a bit of fun. Weren't we, Katrina?" Damien gave me a look that sickened me to my stomach.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled.

Damien smiled... no... grinned and made his way back over.

"Stay away from her, Bexter," Edwin said through clenched teeth.

Damien chuckled. "See you around, Stel."

He left, leaving Edwin and I just standing there.

"Uh, thank you," I muttered.

"'s no were you thinking hanging around Bexter anyway?"

"I wasn't hanging around him."

Edwin cocked his eyebrow.

"Seriously. I was on my way to help Headmaster Dracula with whatever he needs assisting with when Damien," I said his name like it was acid in my mouth, "came over, the jerk."

Edwin chuckled a little.

"The name's Edwin Williams, by the way."

"I know. I'm Katrina Jaxon."

"I know. You're Headmaster Jaxon's daughter."

"Sadly. Sometimes, anyway."

"I heard you got yourself into a bit of trouble."

"Yeah. I'm payin' for it too."

He laughed.

"Well, I gotta go. Dracula is expecting me."

"Of course. See around, Miss Katrina."

"I know you ghost are old fashioned, but call me Katrina."

"Of course...Katrina." He lifted my hand and kissed my knuckles. "'Til next time we meet."

With that he disapeared from my view.

I continued walking to Dracula's office.

Once I got to the Headmaster of the vampires office I took notice that it was extreamly dark inside. I hesatated at the door, not sure if he was there or not.

"You may enter, Katrina," a deep, dark voice echoed through the door.

So he was here. I opened the door and slowly made my way inside.

"My...Headmaster Jaxon said you needed some assistance with somethings?"

"Ah, yes." Dracula risen from his chair. He walked around his desk and came a few feet away from me. "I have some students here that are not meeting their requirements to participate in any sporting activities. Your father has informed me that you are one of the best students in this entire school and so I would like you to tudor a few of them." He looked directly into my eyes, waiting for a reply.

"I...I guess I could. As long as they don't try to eat me, I think I could do it."

Dracula laughed. "I don't think the boys would want you dead. The girls, however,...."

"The jealous type?"

"A little bit more dangerous than that."

"Ah."

"So you can begin...now. I send for professior James Abram to come for you. He will take you to where you need to be."

"Okay."

"Also, one more thing."

"Yes?"

"Watch out for Damien Bexter and my daughter, Veronica. They have a tendency to cause trouble."

"Don't I know it."

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in James."

A guy with black shoulder length hair that he kept in a ponytail came in. Like all the other vampires, he was impossibly pale. He wore a crimson silk shirt, which were rolled up at the sleves and black dress pants. He had one peircing on his left ear and a tattoo covering his right arm. He was tall, not so lean, and muscular. He looked like he was turned in his late thrities or early fourties, but is probably much older than that. He made his way over to one of the chairs infront of Dracula's desk and sat down.

Dracula motioned for me to sit in the other chair and he took his own seat.

"James, this is Katrina Jaxon. She is going to tudor some of the slackers."

Professior Abram gave me a once over. "You sure she can get them to straighten up?"

"She's supossedly one of the best."

Abram looked at me. "You sure you can handle your own with a group of vampire teens? You know the guys still have hormones. Just because their dead doesn't mean they stopped liking the body of a woman."

"I can take care of myself. With or without a bunch of hormonaly charged teen vampire guys and phsyco vampire teen girls."

Abram laughed.

"You may take her to the class room now, James."

Professior Abram and I got up to leave.

"Be careful, Katrina," Dracula ordered me.

"No sweat. I'll keep some stakes, holy water, and garlic on my person."

"You should know by now that that stuff does not effect us," Dracula said seriously.

"It's a joke. I can handle some vampires in this school."

Abram and I head down the hallways going to a class room where a group of vampires waited.

Chapter 10: Tutoring Stupid Vampires

The group of four vampires I knew as Zane Alcaster, Damien Bexter, Veronica Dracula, and Felicia Montoia. Just fan-freakin'-tastic. The four that most likely want me dead. Hmm. Except I still don't know about Zane and his statis with me. Don't even get me started with Damien the perv.

"Alright, you lazy, school work challenged, numb skulls!" Abram bellowed. "No trouble, ya hear? You do the work, you get it done, and you start playing sports again. I want to see a good report and rising grades. Otherwise there will be vampires on punishment and I'll make sure Katrina will get off punishment and someone will take her place in all areas. Got it?!" He looked to each vamp individually.

All of them were slumped in their seats and looking as bored as if they were watching non-drying paint dry on non-growing grass.

"Good luck with 'em, Miss Jaxon."

"It's just Katrina."

"Yeah. Sure. Anyway, get cracking 'em old books." Abram paused. "But don't really crack them. It's only an expression. Be very careful with them - their older than I am by thousands of years."

I gave him a fake smile. "Okay!" I said in a fake, cheerful, hyper voice.

Abram just nodded and left the room while shuting the door behind him.

I turned to the four vampires. I took a deep breath and, "So you all ready for...," I looked at the title of the text book, "Ancient History of the Vampires?"

Damien chuckled. Veronica and Felicia began whispering to one another. Zane was....Where did Zane go?

"Uh...where's Zane?"

Damien got up and came over to me. Ugh. He flung his right arm over my shoulder and leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"He had to go get a snack." Damien pulled away, smiling, to look at my reaction. He must have been disappointed because the smile was wiped off his face replaced with a dark look.

"You vampires don't scare me, Damien. Your eating habits are just the way you live. Besides, you all ain't allowed to feed off of anyone in the school."

He pushed away from me and sat back down in his seat, proping his feet on the desk.

"We'll get started without Zane, then." I gave each of them a text book. Felicia looked at it as if it were the plague, Veronica glared at me and pushed it aside, and Damien ignored it and picked at the chipped nail polish on his fingernails. "Open them to page 2,583. The topic is Old Vampire Society."

There was a breeze and Zane stood infront of me. I handed him a book and told him the page number.

After ten minutes of me talking I noticed that noone was paying attention. Grrrr. Why do I have to tudor stupid vampires that don't even want to try more? I slammed my book closed and gathered everyones text books, causing them to look up at me.

"I'm not gonna waste my time, punishment or not, with you guys."

Zane looked a little amused and got up from his seat and helped me pile up the books. When our hands met at the same book, that happened to be Damien's, I felt a spark run through my fingers and up my arm. I looked in Zane's eyes, they were wide.

What just happened?

Chapter 11: Date With A Vampire

I could barely sleep. I could still feel that electrical current running through my veins. Zane felt it too, I could tell. Just thinking about it would give me a weird fluttering feeling in the pit of my stomach. I've heard people speaking of "butterflies" in their stomach whenever the love of their life would walk by. But I don't love Zane. Heck, I don't even like him. This flutter must be disgust. That is the only thing that it could be. Right?

I could feel the sunshine coming threw my window blinds, hitting my face. I slowly sat up. It only took me a few seconds to acknowlege the person fiddling with my stereo.

"What are you doing here, again?"

Marcus turned around, smirk in place.

I should reach over and rip it off his face; that'll teach him to smirk at me again.

"So, how'd the tutoring go?" He asked in a fake, cheerful voice.

I rolled my head around to loosen my neck muscles. "And that would be your business, because....?"

"I'm wondering how your sanity is taking it."

"I'm not running, am I?"

"Guess not," he laughed.

"You can leave now, if you want."

He just looked around, running his fingers over a CD. "Nah."

"That was me being polite, not that you deserve it. Out."

"I wanted to talk to you...."

"You just did."

He growled in annoyance at me.

"Don't you growl at me, you prick."

Marcus raise an eyebrow.

"You know you're a prick, don't deny it." I got up off the bed.

"You're just saying that."

He was so sure of himself. Ha!

Marcus walked up to me and lightly pushed me back down on the bed. I was about to protest, but he put a finger to my lips. He leaned forward as I was leaning back.

"I was thinking. I thought that you and I should give it another shot." He removed his finger and waited. For my reaction?

I sat there. Was he for real? After everything he had put me through? Did he really think I was that dumb? Besides, humans and werewolves can't be together, it never ends well, we know this. At least I do.

"No." I said bluntly.

"We...."

"No."

"Would you listen for a second?"

"No!" I got up. "Are you crazy? What could you possibly be thinking? Getting back together? I would sooner rather die on a rollercoaster."

"That might be arranged," he grumbled.

I sent him a death glare. "Aren't you and Paige McLynn supposed to be the 'it' couple, anyway?"

Marcus groaned. "Paige is having....problems."

"I can't imagine," I said sarcasticly.

"Dayton and Lexie miss you, too. Especially Lexie."

"I'm sure they do. Anything else, before I kick you out?"

Marcus got really close to me then.

"Just this...."

He leaned in toward me. Before I knew it, his lips crashed onto mine. I just stood there, waiting for him to stop. I soon felt his arms creep up the back of my shirt.

He almost had his hand fully underneath my shirt when the door burst open.

In the door way stood Zack Hefferman and Donte Force, warlocks from the witch flip.

Okay, this is getting rediculous. Anyone else want to burst through my door? A new breed of supernaturals or Mickey Mouse, maybe?

Marcus removed his hands, however, he did not create any space between us. He glared at the newcomers.

"What do you want," Marcus snapped.

I could see Donte's fists ball up and Zack stepped forward.

"We came to speak to Katrina," Zack said through clenched teeth.

"What about?" Marcus and I both said at the same time. Marcus sneered and I was curious.

Donte and Zack both shared a knowing look.

"Something passed between you and Alcaster, right?"

Marcus took a slight step away from me.

"You mean the electorical shock?"

"Yes...."

"How did you know about that?"

"I could feel it. Actually, the whole witch flip could feel it."

I just had to ask. "What was that?"

Donte spoke up. "That was the beginning of the different phases of soul-mating."

Marcus looked extreamly angry.

I have heard of soul-mating. It is the process of finding, of course, your soul-mate. The first phase is the shocking feeling from direct contact. The second phase is total attraction to the other. Third, bonding - not the hanging out, bonding, but the blood, bonding. Fourth, the last, is the feeling of not being able to live without them. I just can't understand why Zane and I would be soul-mates; it just doesn't make any sense to me.

"Are you sure that's what it was?"

"Yes," Zack said, the same time Marcus said, "No."

They glared at one another.

"Marcus, noone was asking you. I was talking to Zack and Donte." I shifted uncomfortably. "So....What happens?"

"That is between you and Zane."

*Later*

I wanted to confront Zane about this soul-mate stuff. Luckily for me, it wasn't hard to find him.

"Zane!" I called, for he was on the other side of the Grand Hall, a place where every flip is allowed to go.

He turned around and as his eyes met mine his face looked like it lit up a bit. He started to walk toward me.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked as he approached me.

"For you, ten minutes," was his reply.

We found an isolated table and sat down, opposite os one another.

I went straight to the point. "I know you felt it."

For a second his face looked confused, however, it was quickly replaced with a smirk.

"Felt what?"

I pursed my lips.

"The electrical shock. I know you felt it. I also heard what it could be."

Zane seemed a bit uncomfortable.

"I need answers, Zane."

He was silent for a moment.

"It's complicated, Katrina," he sighed.

"No it's not. I need to know."

"How about we talk about this later tonight. You can meet me in the Dinning Hall."

"What? Like a....date?"

A smile slowly crossed his face.

"Yeah. Like a date."

I thought about it for a moment.

"Sure."

Zane got up and pushed in his chair.

"See you around eight, Katrina."

With that he left before I was able to reply.

Wow. I just agreed to go out on a date with a vampire One that may be my soul-mate at that. My life is so strange.

Unknown POV..........

I could see the fragile girl coming from a room I could only guess was her dorm room. This is the girl I was sent to personally kill. A sign for these supernaturals and their human friends to know that we are on our way. We want their souls. Every. Last. One. And this girl was the key to getting just that.

I am not capable of human feelings, so I will waver when I brutally kill this unsespecting girl. I will thrive on her screams of pain. I cannot wait for the upcoming battle that will take palce soon. At the time that the supernaturals and their humans call homecoming.

Our time is very soon coming.

Hey i only just realised all my so far books have moon in title

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 593 83
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
69.2K 3.2K 74
โค๏ธ
156K 4.1K 37
it is (the continuation) of the Wattpad of Shadowmonarch325 because I really like the concept with now all the school of oreigaru QQ Cote ... as well...
30.7K 577 36
หš ยท . "Welcome to FPE Oneshots!, feel free to make requests." โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โœŽ ๐™๐™š๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ...