COTE: New Game+

By NullMage579

It's been 19 years ever since Ayanokouji Kiyotaka had graduated from ANHS, and a lot has happened since then... More

Prologue 1: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's Soliloquy
Prologue 2: A Happy Ending?
Vol. 0 Chapter 1: Restart
Vol. 0 Chapter 2: Kiyotaka And Kei
Vol. 0 Chapter 3: The Beginning Of The Convergence
Author's Note: Rewrite Complete!
Vol. 0 Chapter 4: The Masterpiece's Plan
Vol. 0 Chapter 5: Initial Movements

Vol. 0 Chapter 6: Malice and Righteousness

536 36 11
By NullMage579

Kikyou's POV

"A split personality...?"

This is ridiculous! This just makes it harder for us to deal with Horikita-san!

"Y-Yes, Kikyou-san." she replied. "She named herself Sumire. From what I can tell from her personality, she is power hungry and arrogant. She wants nothing more than to be at the top while everyone grovels at her feet."

Sounds like an even worse version of the Horikita-san I knew. This is troublesome.

I didn't expect this at all. We all thought that she would be easier to handle this time due to the change in her personality, but now this happened!

What am I going to do about this...?

"Is there an indication as when Sumire comes out? Or some sort of pattern?" I asked.

"W-Well, she comes out randomly, however, I get intense headaches whenever she is about to come out, and that's why I sometimes skip school. I don't want to subject you all to Sumire's personality." Horikita-san said.

"Suzune-san..."

This is Horikita-san. This?!

"That is all I want to tell you for now, Kikyou-san. I've told you my darkest secret. You can go now." she said meekly. However, I wasn't done here.

"No, Suzune-san. I still haven't told you mine." I said as I grabbed her hand as she was leaving.

"Y-Yours?" she asked.

"My darkest secret."

And I did tell her. I showed her the blog first then I told her everything. I never missed a single detail. The only secret I haven't told her now was the time travel.

However, instead of resenting me like I fully expected her to, she... looked at me with sympathy.

"It must have hurt, right, Kikyou-san? To pretend like someone you're not. It must have been eating away at you on the inside... It's going to be okay now... You don't have to carry this burden alone anymore. As your best friend, I'll support you the best I can!" she said while smiling cheerfully.

Why isn't this the Horikita-san I got in the original timeline?!

I was honestly touched by what she said. It seems that I really do like it when people accept my true self. It happened with that monster too.

Don't think about that moment, Kikyou! Pull yourself together!

"BE QUIET!" Horikita-san suddenly shouted, but she wasn't looking at me. She was looking at the ground while clutching her head in pain. I knew what was happening.

Sumire! What should I do?!

"Kikyou-san... please... run..!" Horikita-san said as she continued resisting Sumire.

Meanwhile, I began to think about what to do in this situation. Clearly, Sumire is arrogant and sadistic, and would have no trouble trying to put me down if necessary.

However, I've experienced far worse things than a malevolent 14- year old.

That's right. Far worse.

Truly, the White Raid has scarred all those who are involved in it.

"Let her come out, Suzune-san."

Even when in pain, she looked shocked at my statement.

"Sumire... is dangerous, and she hates you!"

"I know, but I want to talk to her. Besides, this isn't the first time I'll deal with someone that hates me."

"You ruined everything for my brother, Kushida Kikyou!"

That was... a stressful part of my life.

"Are you... sure about this... Kikyou-san?"

"I am definitely sure. Let her out."

With that, her demeanor changed. Her pained expression changed and she was now sporting a smug grin on her face. Her eyes also noticeably changed, from the soft pinkish-red color it originally had, it now became a deep blood red.

"To think a bitch like you would be cocky enough to actually try to talk to me." Sumire said, her disdain for me obvious.

"Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, Sumire." I fired back. "It's my first time seeing you, and I can already tell that your head is big enough to block the sun."

"It's perfectly natural for me to act like this, for the world revolves around me and only me!" she said.

This bitch's ego is something else! How utterly laughable! I can't wait until that monster utterly destroys her! I feel sorry for Horikita-san for dealing with someone like this all day.

"What kind of delusion are you living under?" I asked in bewilderment.

"Delusion? No, Kushida, it's reality. Everyone is just an ant compared to me, including you, you fake angel."

"And yet you are making Suzune-san the same by existing, Sumire. You make me sick. You are defiling her with your mere presence alone."

"Defiling her? You are mistaken, Kushida. I am the perfect version of that pathetic girl."

This was a bad idea. Talking to this girl is draining me of my will to live, but how can I make Horikita-san return to herself?

As I was just thinking that, I saw Sumire's expression contort, as if she was in pain, and began to drop to the floor on one knee. After a few moments, her eyes turned back to what it originally was, and she began breathing heavily. I immediately ran and helped her up.

"Let's go, Suzune-san."

"Thank you, Kikyou-san..."

I need to tell everyone about this.

*****
Miharu's POV

"You're good!"

Dad shouted this as he wiped the blood off of his lips. He stood up from his position and took a stance.

"Of course, it results in a fight..." I heard Akito-san mutter from behind us.

"I agree with that bastard, though, she is good." Sano-san remarked.

"She's trained." Akito-san simply replied.

After I had taken down Dad's goons, he immediately tried to attack me. Unfortunately for him, I was intimately familiar with his fighting style, given that he trained me with it almost every day, so I managed to swiftly evade his blow and strike him back in the chest.

He didn't let up, though, and immediately tried to follow it up with a headlock, but I grabbed his arms before they can close in, and I kicked him in the chest again, but he wasn't fazed by this, and instantly headbutted me, causing me to wince in pain. As a response, I pulled on his right arm and punched him straight in the jaw.

With that, he was knocked back a few meters and fell into the ground on his butt. He was still grinning, though, which was very typical of him.

"For such a sweet-looking girl, you sure pack a goddamn punch." Dad said as he stood up.

"Don't judge people by their appearances, Ryuuen Kakeru. It's going to bite you in the behind someday." I said, remembering the rooftop incident.

"Heh heh, I daresay it's biting me right now!" he said with a manic grin on his face as he charged at me with reckless abandon, or so he wants me to believe. Despite how he may look, Dad is very tactical when it comes to fighting. He doesn't charge in recklessly like one may be led to believe due to his demeanor.

Unfortunately for this version of my Dad, I've fought his future self who is much stronger and much more experienced when it comes to fighting, and I've beaten him a few times. This will be a cinch.

He tried to do a feint by trying to poke my eyes out using his fingers, but I immediately parried that attack, as well as block another one coming from his right arm. I tried to step back to try and lure him into a trap, but he didn't bite. Instead, he stopped and did a roundhouse kick to my jaw, which I blocked with my arm. We then exchanged a few more blows after that, with me being the winning one.

Of course, that did not deter my Dad one bit as he continued to relentlessly assault me. I noticed that his hits were getting a lot heavier as time progresses, likely as a result of Dad taking the fight more seriously than before.

"Man, she's scary. Miharu's kicking his ass." Ryuguji-san remarked as he watched our battle.

"I mean, she's been taught by those two. They are very good teachers in martial arts, so it isn't really too much of a surprise that she's that strong." Akito-san replied, referring to both of the twins. They did teach me how to fight alongside my Dad, which is why I was confident about my fighting skills.

Eventually, Dad was knocked down again by me as I kicked him in the chest with as much force as I can muster. It seemed to have worked as he spat out blood, but, as I expected, he simply laughed.

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! This is amazing! You're great! I can't wait to crush you!"

Somehow, his laughter resonated with me. I could feel it within the depths of my being. It's as if, right at this moment, nothing else mattered to me. That's right, I was enjoying this as well, and I didn't know why.

Actually, no, I did know why. Because despite everything that has been taught to me, I can never forget my roots.

"You're enjoying this too, aren't you?! Look at that damn grin on your face!"

That's right, I'm enjoying this too, Dad. Because I'm your daughter.

*****
Suzuki's POV

"So.... here comes a rat scurrying around."

My voice echoed ominously throughout the dead of the night as I stared menacingly at one of them. The people that are after Hoshino's life.

I had cornered them at an isolated alleyway nearby the home, ready to get information out of him. I had already overpowered him and tied him to a pole using metal wires.

"You thought I wouldn't find you, hm? You were not as stealthy as you chose to believe."

"W-Who the hell are you, you're not Kamiki Hikaru!" the man said.

Interesting. From what Hoshino told me, Kamiki Hikaru is the twins' father. However, only she and the aforementioned Kamiki knows about this, besides me. It was an even bigger secret than the twins are. For him to know about it is truly fascinating.

"Who ordered you to come here?" I said blankly.

"I'm not telling you!" he roared.

"I see. Of course you wouldn't tell me." I sighed. "This just makes things simpler."

With that, I pulled out my first tool, or rather tools. It was a bunch of needles. Heated ones.

"Wha-" the man stared in horror at the needles, but before he could say anything, I gagged him using some cloth.

"I can't have you screaming now." I said flatly. I then started to insert the needles into his body, with his pained screams muffled by the gag. I then proceeded to insert another needle. And another. And another. Then another one again.

To add more pain, I decided to insert some on the crotch area as well.

"Blink twice if you want to talk." I said blankly as the man still refused and shook his head.

"You're the only one suffering in this situation, so why are you even resisting? Are you perhaps hoping that I have a change of heart? The answer is no."

I decided to pull out another tool in my disposal to assist with this task. It was a normal claw hammer.

"I supposed if you like suffering that much, I'll break your bones as well." I said, much to the horror of the man, as I began to strike at his bones with immense force.

I made sure that each strike I did completely shattered his bones. I started at the kneecap first, completely shattering it at first try, then I went on towards the humerus of both arms, shattering those as well. I completely ignored the muffled screams of the man as I began to strike at his feet next, then the ribs.

"Blink twice if you want to talk." I said again, but again, he didn't do it. Sighing, I decided to pull out my second to last tool.

A feather.

I could see the confusion on the man's face, but I didn't say anything as I began to use the feather to tickle the man. 

"Pffffttt..." The man began trying to laugh, only being muffled by the gag. However, he was still feeling the pain from his broken ribs and the hot needles, so the laughter was just intensifying the pain more. That, combined with the pleasure from the tickling, makes this an even worse version of torture than just pain, making it more effective.

"I'll say it again, blink twice if you want to talk." I said as I continued tickling him. His face was contorted in a mixed expression of pleasure and agony, but he still didn't give up.

"You know, I really don't want to use my last resort." I said. When the man was confused, I decided to give him a hint.

"Have you ever heard of sounding?"

Instantly, the man began blinking incessantly, practically begging me silently to not do it. I nodded, and took off the gag.

"Well then, talk."

*****
Kiyotaka's POV
June 25, 2014

Is this what it's like to feel awkward?

The living room was silent. Dead silent. In all of my life, I have never once experienced this much silence before. Even in the White Room, there were at least some noises whenever a test was being conducted, but this much silence is... a new experience to say the least.

And the cause of this was the two members of the Ishida family sitting right in front of me.

Ishida Kotone and Ishida Aiko, two people that were nonexistent in the lives of the Ayanokoujis during the previous timeline. I don't know how useful these two are going to be in our quest, but I'd at least hope that they wouldn't be incompetent. After all, an incompetent ally is worse than a competent enemy.

The reactions of the two when I entered were interesting, to say the least. Ishida Aiko glared at me resentfully, though it felt impersonal. I assume that I reminded her of that man too much. As for my half-sister, Ishida Kotone, she just stared at me with curiosity and a mild annoyance. I don't exactly know how she feels about that man or me, but given her reaction, she probably did not care, and were simply annoyed that she had to be here in the first place.

This meeting has one goal: to convince them to become Honami's "cover family" so that she can hide her tracks against that man.

However, this is easier said than done. Not only do I have to convince them to side with me, I have to convince them about time travel. Because of the fact that I had next to no information about them on the previous timeline that can help me with convincing them, this would be a difficult hurdle to cross.

But difficult does not mean impossible.

After all, if Chairman Sakayanagi has informed them of the situation, then this will be incredibly easy for me to accomplish.

"I would like to thank the both of you for allowing me the opportunity to meet you. My name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. It is a pleasure to meet you." I said.

This was the first step in convincing them to ally with me. Showing gratitude and polite introductions is not something that Ayanokouji Atsuomi would do. To him, both things are just a sign of submission, and he refuses to submit to anyone. If someone does something that benefits him, he is most likely to praise them on a job well done rather than thank them. It makes him the superior one in such an interaction. Doing things that that man would never do is a sign that I am completely different from him, and would therefore be easier for me to convince them to side with me.

Besides, I have found out that, in situations like this, sincerity is going to get you farther than any form of manipulation.

"Ha, you act so different from him, brat." Ishida Aiko said.

Brat, huh? That is the first time someone's called me that. Incredibly interesting, I must say.

"I despise him just as much as you do." I said as I offered them tea. "Tea?"

"Thank you." Ishida Aiko replied. I noticed Ishida Kotone looking at me strangely.

"Your poker face doesn't show that hatred, that's for sure." Kotone said.

"My poker face is something that is hard to remove, so unfortunately, you just have to deal with it."

"So why did you want to meet us?" Aiko leaned forward.

"I have a favor to ask from you."

Second, that man never asks for favors. He demands them. In fact, he never requests for anything. This is another way of making sure that these two view me as someone separate from my father.

"A favor?"

"I assume that Chairman Sakayanagi has informed you of the situation?"

This was the deciding factor as to whether negotiations would be difficult or a piece of cake.

"The time travel? I could still hardly believe it." Ishida Aiko said.

Acquiring Chairman Sakayanagi's assistance was much more of a boon than I initially expected. This expedites things to an incredible extent.

"It may be unbelievable, but trust me, it is very real." I said.

"We can hardly trust you either!" Kotone shouted.

"Fair enough." I said. "If I want to convince you, then I guess I should tell you about things I shouldn't know right now. For example, the name of my mother is Mika."

Aiko immediately stood up in shock as he grabbed my color.

"How did you know that name?!" the Ishida matriarch growled at the name.

"I found out in the future." I explained as she was still stunned to silence.

"Mika... that monster!"

"I am aware."

"Tch, if you really are from the future, then what to you want us to do?" Aiko asked.

"It's simple. I want you to take care of my daughter."

Both of them fell silent at this unexpected request.

"Your... daughter?"

"Her name is Ayanokouji Honami." I showed a picture of her, and they were shocked to see the resemblance. "As you can see, she looks identical to me, to the point that it would be extremely challenging to convince anyone that we're not related in any way. While we can just pretend to be twins, my concern is that man. If he finds out about Honami, he would be suspicious of the circumstances, and may do something to my daughter. I will not allow it."

My tone of voice caused the two to flinch. They probably did not expect such sheer anger from me, considering my apathetic appearance. This did bring about the effect of making Ishida Aiko relax.

"You really are different from him, or is that what you want us to believe?" she said very sharply, causing me to be impressed at her.

"Maybe, but sincerity is the best way to earn someone's trust." I said.

"I just hope that you wouldn't be giving your child a bunch of half-siblings." she said as she glanced at Kotone, who was still looking at us with curiosity.

Given Kei's proposal earlier, that will probably happen. However, what she meant was different.

"I would never cheat on my wife like that. Besides, if I did, she'll be angry." I said, while remembering the one time I saw her angry besides that time in the White Raid.

For the first time ever, I feared for my life that day. Hell hath no fury, huh?

"That sounded fucking ominous..." Kotone said.

"Language, young woman!" Aiko said. "So, you want me to take in your daughter or something like that?"

"No, I want your permission to use your family as cover for Honami, by pretending that she's your daughter."

"So that's it, huh? That's simple enough. I accept." Aiko said, much to the chagrin of Kotone.

"Why don't you ask for my opinion?!" she asked.

"So you're saying that you don't want us to do it?" Aiko said.

"Eh, uh, yeah, we're going to do it...", Kotone sheepishly muttered, leading to Aiko giving her a deadpan stare.

"Then why were you complaining?"

"Ahem." I cleared my throat. "Thank you for accepting the offer. We have a deal, then."

"Yes."

With that, me and Ishida Aiko shook hands.

I wonder how this relationship will evolve over time.

*****
Tsubasa's POV

"I hope C.C.-san will be okay..."

I muttered sadly as I remembered the woman me and Eiichiro-kun rescued more than a week ago. After that event, she decided to lay low at our house for now, and let Ayanokouji-senpai deal with her later. For now, we should move one with our normal lives, just like how he wanted it

Just as I was walking down the corridor, I saw something I really didn't like.

I saw some of my classmates bullying someone. The sight made me angry

I have to stop them!

Before I was able to step forward to do something, someone beat me to it. Someone familiar.

"Oi! What the hell are you doing to that guy?!"

The bullies all froze hearing that voice, while I smiled, then turned around to face her.

She was still as pretty as ever. Her short strawberry blonde hair that reaches her shoulders. Her stern expression and captivating gaze. Every student in this school looks up to this girl.

"I-I-I-Ichinose-senpai!"

"I didn't think someone would be reckless enough to do something like this with me out here!" she bellowed. "Get off him right now!"

"Y-Yes, ma'am!" the bullies immediately released their hold on the man while shaking in fear.

"This is your last warning, you bastards. If I see any of you bullying anyone again, you should be prepared to feel my fists of righteous fury!" she said.

The three began to shake even more. While what she was saying was extremely ridiculous, the threat behind it was very real. I shuddered momentarily as I remembered that time she defeated around a dozen gangsters on her own.

"Y-YES, MA'AM!"

"Go on then! Scram!" she said.

With that, the bullies immediately hurried out of there. Meanwhile, Ichinose-senpai immediately went to check on the kid.

"Are you okay? Did they do anything too bad to hurt you?" she asked gently.

"I-I'm fine. T-Thank you, senpai..." he said.

"They're not going to hurt you again, okay? You'll be fine." she continued to comfort the boy. He just nodded, and moments later, he walked away.

"What are you doing here, Nanase-san?" she asked me as she noticed me looking on at the scene.

"I was just about to intervene against those bullies before you came in, senpai. Thank you for helping him."

"It was the right thing to do! I'm going to make sure that nobody hurts anybody in this school." she said with absolute conviction.

"Good luck, then, senpai! I'm rooting for you!"

With that, we parted ways.

*****
Third Person POV

"The concert is on July 5, huh?"

"Yes, ma'am. B-Komachi's concert is on July 5."

Two unknown individuals were talking in an apartment.

"I see. That's 10 days from now, I believe. Is there any news from the one who I sent in that bitch's house?"

"We haven't heard from him, ma'am. Maybe he's slacking off again..."

"Pathetic. Useless." the woman sneered. "I can't believe I hired a failure like that."

"So what are we going to do next?"

"Before anything else, make sure to kill Kamiki Hikaru. That bastard has been getting in my way since the start."

"Are you sure? Kamiki Hikaru is much too crafty. I'm sure that he is aware that you may be targeting him."

"That doesn't matter. Surely he is much too worn down from protecting Hoshino Ai since the very beginning."

"Then I would implore you to be careful, ma'am."

"I know, there's no need for you to warn me."

That's right. I'll be taking the both of you down. I'll be making sure to punish you for stealing my spotlight!

Unfortunately for this unknown woman, things are about to get a lot harder for her.

Because, unknown to her, there are monsters guarding the cheerful yet lonely idol.

And these monsters are about to unleash their fury on those who try to harm her.

=end of chapter=

(A/N: Boy, that took longer than it should have been! I wanted to update this chapter last Saturday, but I kept on getting delayed! Thankfully, I managed to update this right now, so here you go, dear readers!

As I have said before, I will be changing how Hoshino Ai's story goes, especially with regards to one Kamiki Hikaru. I hope you all enjoyed the change, and I also hope you enjoyed this chapter!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
71.8K 2.5K 7
This book is from my What-if's, The story starts during the class poll exam where the Class-C students would need to expel someone, but instead of Y...
19.4K 906 11
Read at your own risk