Super Smash Flash 2: The Flas...

By PRlNCESSTRUNKS

In this world, trophies fight. They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existenc... More

What is the Flash of Shadows?
Original characters
CuBots
Chapter 1: Assault on Peach's Castle
Chapter 2: Trouble in Green Hill
Chapter 3: Meta Knight's Revenge
Chapter 4: Beginning of the New World
Chapter 5: Airship Pursuit
Chapter 6: Threat in Angel Land
Chapter 7: Stolen Bananas
Chapter 8: Attack on Hyrule
Chapter 9: WarioWare, inc.
Chapter 10: Enter the Halberd
Chapter 11: The First Chaos Emerald
Chapter 12: Inside the Base
Chapter 13: Welcome to Corneria
Chapter 14: Attack of the Rabbids
Chapter 15: Subcon
Chapter 16: The Second Chaos Emerald
Chapter 17: The Dark Castle
Chapter 18: Mt. Coronet
Chapter 19: You Call This a Utopia?
Chapter 20: The Ostia Fortress
Chapter 21: The Missing Power Suit
Chapter 22: Goku vs. Vegeta
Chapter 23: The Third Chaos Emerald
Chapter 24: Vs. Air Man
Chapter 25: Retrieving the Bananas
Chapter 27: Dark Link's Advance
Chapter 28: The Missing Power Suit Part II
Chapter 28.5: The Nightmare
Chapter 29: Porky's Tower

Chapter 26: The Dark Castle Part II

6 0 0
By PRlNCESSTRUNKS

- Dark Castle -
Dream Land

The front doors of the castle opened as someone wearing a dark cloak entered it.

"What is that thing!?" Meta Knight panically questioned.
"I think it's a Mummy." Spikeman answered.

Bandana Dee threw a spear and it pierced the Mummy's head, causing it to fall to the ground.
Another Mummy was right behind the first one. Meta Knight was quick to dispose of it. He swiftly flew over to it and cut it in half.
The team ran further down the hall. Running past some kind of statue.

Soon after they went past it, the statue turned it's head and looked at them. As it did, it's eyes began glowing red.

Snakes began to emerge from the statue's hair. It was none other than Medusa. The Medusa Head began flying through the air in a wave-like pattern, attempting to ram into Kirby. But Kirby ended up inhaling it and spitting it out.
The team turned around and came face to face with Death himself.

They were stunned by the fact that the personification of death was right in front of them, ready to take their souls.
Death raised his scythe in the air, ready to strike them with it and reap their souls.

But before he could strike, he was struck in the face with a metallic whip.

The user of the whip was the same cloaked figure who entered the castle.
Death became angry at the fact his soul reaping session was cut short and gave the cloaked figure a dirty look.
The cloaked figure then removed their cloak to reveal themself.

It was none other than the famed Vampire Killer, Simon Belmont.

Simon pulled out a cross and threw it at Death to finish him off.

Kirby and his team all looked at Simon in amazement that he had just took down Death.
"Wasn't expecting other people besides Dracula's crew here. Have you all come to face him too?" Simon asked.
"Dracula?" Meta Knight asked. "So that's the owner this castle. You see, me and the others originally crash landed here and ended up finding a friend ours being possessed by a dark priest named Shaft. After undoing the possession, our friend sensed there was more to this castle. He left as he was not in fighting condition."
"I see." Simon replied. "I'm glad I made new allies on my adventure. The name's Simon."
Mega Knight began introducing himself and his friends. "I'm Meta Knight. That's Kirby, Bandana Dee, Yoshi, and Spikeman. Kirby and Bandana Dee are two friends of mine and Yoshi and Spikeman we met during our adventure."
"I'm glad to tag along." Simon replied. "Anyways, Dracula shouldn't be far from here. Let's move out!"
Simon and his team made their way down the hall. Reaching the door to the throne room.
"This is it." Simon announced.

- Dracula's Throne Room -
Dark Castle

Simon and his team entered the throne room. There in front of them was the Dark Lord of the Night himself, Count Dracula.

"We must prepare a proper welcome. Belmont..." Dracula greeted. "I see you've brought some friends. Do they wish to pay me tribute too?"
"Silence, fiend!" Simon shouted at Dracula. "I will not let you darken this world! I will defeat you for mankind!"
"Ha! Mankind." Dracula replied "A cesspit of hatred and lies. Fight for them, then and die for their sins!"
Dracula threw his wine glass of blood aside, stood up, swung his arm and breezed his cape.

Simon ran over and struck Dracula with his whip.
Dracula flung shots of magic fireballs. Kirby and Yoshi both swallowed one each and fired them back at Dracula.
Dracula then teleported to the left side of the throne room, with the team running over to him.
Spikeman struck Dracula with his tung.
Dracula transformed into a swarm of bats and rushed ahead to strike the team. While Kirby, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee and Spikeman were able to dodge due to their smaller sizes, Simon and Yoshi were hit. Dracula was back to the right side of the throne room.
Meta Knight flew over and struck Dracula with his sword while Bandana Dee performed a Beam Whip attack on the vampire lord.
Dracula teleported to the left side again. As the team rushed over to him, he fired a series of dark fireballs. Once again, Kirby and Yoshi each swallowed one fireball and shot them back at Dracula.
Dracula then summoned pillars of flames. Meta Knight was the only fighter who was hit and he had to retract his wings to extinguish the burn on his left wing.
Dracula teleported once again. This time to the center of the room.
Simon threw an axe at the vampire. Striking him.
Dracula transformed into a swam of bats and flew to the right side. He then proceeded to use his flame pillar attack combined with his magic fireball attack. All the fighters were hit by the attack but were quick to get back on their feet.
Dracula then teleported to the center of the room
Spikeman struck Dracula with his tongue, Meta Knight struck him with his sword, and Bandana Dee struck him with his spear.
With all that damage, Dracula was knocked down and got on his hands and knees. He then transformed into a winged green demonic beast.

"Behold my true form... and despair!" Dracula announced.
Dracula swiped his claws at the team. Only Simon was hit by the attack.
Yoshi threw an egg at Dracula while Kirby struck him with his hammer.
Dracula jumped to the right side of the room.
Simon threw a cross at the vampire demon.
Dracula then spat out a fireball which exploded when it got close to the team. All of them avoiding it desperately.
Simon then threw an axe at Dracula before Dracula swung his claws at Simon again.
Meta Knight struck Dracula with his sword and Spikeman struck him with his tongue.
Dracula swung his claws at Meta Knight and Spikeman before jumping to the left side of the room. He then fired another fireball. This time, Kirby was ready and inhaled it and spat it out back at Dracula.
Dracula jumped to the right side and struck Simon with his claws.
Simon quickly got up and threw an axe at Dracula.
Dracula couldn't take the damage anymore and was defeated.
"Once again, the blood of Belmont has defeated me... Perhaps this, too, is part of my fate." Dracula uttered as he disintegrated completely.
"Can't wait for your next resurrection so I can beat you again!" Simon taunted Dracula who was no longer in the throne room. "My job here is done."
"There is more." Meta Knight said to Simon.
"Huh?" Simon questioned.
"You see, I was originally working with a shadowy man who agreed to help me eliminate laziness in Dream Land. But I still failed even under him. Realizing I was manipulated by him, I now seek to destroy him and stop him from engulfing the world into darkness." Meta Knight explained to Simon.
"I see." Simon replied. "I don't know who this shadowy man is, but count me in."

- Dark Castle Entrance -
Dark Castle

Kirby and his team all exited the castle. Kirby pulled out his warp star and hopped on. Bandana Dee, Yoshi and Simon all grabbed onto the star with their hands while Spikeman latched onto it with his tongue.
In the meantime, Meta Knight spread his wings.
Kirby began flying the warp star and Meta Knight began flying on his own.
The team flew off into the distance.

Author's note: As of the time of this chapter's publication, it is March 9th, the 16th year anniversary of Super Smash Bros. Brawl's North American release. Happy Birthday to my favorite Smash game of all time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 835 33
Hello my fellow Smashers! Nintendo has a knack for making super cute/hot fictional characters that you just can't help but fall for, am I right? So...
19.9K 231 34
Sword. Bow. Spear. Shield. Individuals from a faraway land are summoned to a mystical world to wield these legendary Cardinal Weapons to save the wor...
6.8K 145 31
Dark Pit's relationships with the Super Smash Bros. 4 roster and it's community has been less than pleasant. The names, insults, and anger-filled fig...
12.6K 364 33
Just when the heroes start to think that maybe the trouble's all over for now, they're reminded that not all is right in Dreamland or the Mirror Worl...