Why Won't This Arrogant Jerk...

By KinseyHuff3

Don't Judge my book by this description, I am not good at this. Haha.--Caroline Summers is 17 years old. Her... More

Cliche
I'm Going To Be Killed
Memories Of The Past
The Player Blushes
What Did I Do? (Nate's POV)
Creeper
What Is She Doing To Me?
The 'L' Word? Say what?
Questions. Tons and Tons of Questions
The Creeper? Again?
Making Her Mine.
"I miss him so much."
"Prove It." She said. So I Did.
"See. Beautiful."
Tickling.
Doing Homework is Hard to Do With This Distractin Jerk
The Smile Didn't Reach His Eyes... Where Is He?
Hangovers Suck
"I will never be afraid of you."
Parental Calling
You Better Watch Out
"I'm not in love."
"This is going to be fun."
3 words. Eight Letters.
Things Are Looking Up
Parents, They Ruin Everything.
I Let All My Worries Go For Now.
Miss. Summers?
Today Is A Good Day
"I already have everything I want."
Redecorating
Happy Birthday Carrie
Epilogue
sequel!

The Note

23.8K 871 148
By KinseyHuff3

Chapter 15:

Nate’s POV

“See. Beautiful.” I said while looking into her eyes.

I don’t get how she couldn’t believe that I would like her. I know I’ve slept with 10 girls, but they didn’t mean anything to me. Not like she does. An angelic voice broke me out of my thoughts.

“Hey Nate? Are we going to make waffles now?” She asked looking up at me.

“Yeah.. Or we could do something else.” I said while wiggling my eyebrows.

“Hm. No! I want some waffles.” She said in a teasing voice.

“Fine. Then we shall make waffles.” I said turning around.

“I don’t know. I’m kind of tired. Could you make them for me?” She said pouting. 

Gosh dammit. She knew she had me there. I can’t resist that cute puppy face. I’m so whipped and we aren’t even dating!

“Sweetheart, come on. You know I can’t resist that face!” I said while giving her my puppy dog face.

She shook her head not responding and sat down on one of the island chairs. I walked over to her and planted a kiss on her lips. I pulled away quickly and looked into her eyes.

“Fine. I will make the waffles.” I said huskily.

“You know what. I don’t think I want waffles anymore.” She said pulling on the collar of my shirt.

“Nuh uh uh. You said you wanted the waffles, and that’s what you’re getting.” I said tapping on her nose.

“Fine.” She said huffing and putting her arms across her chest.

I smirked and turned back around putting the waffle batter into the waffle maker. They take about 15 minutes to make so I turn back around to Carrie. I frowned because she wasn’t there. 

“CARRIE!?” I yelled walking into the living room.

“I-In here!” She yelled back. 

I followed her voice into the living room.

“Where are you?” I said trying to find her.

“A-at the door!” She stuttered back.

“What’s wrong?” I asked softly.

“L-Look!” She said handing me a piece of paper.

It said, “I know what happened to your brother.” It was in really messy handwriting. 

“Is this some kind of joke?” I said getting slightly angry.

“I don’t know Nate.” She said her voice getting really quiet and scared.

“Hey, everything is going to be okay.” I said hugging her. 

“But, how did they find out?!” She slightly yelled into my shirt.

“I don’t know.” I said softly.

“My parents tried so hard not to let this get out. They said they wouldn’t be taken seriously and everyone would have hated me because I was the reason he died.” She said sobbing into my shirt. 

“Shh.. It’s going to be okay. They probably just wanted to scare you, whoever it was.” I said rubbing her back and kissing her forehead. 

She was about to say something back when the timer went off for the waffles. Dang, it’s already been 15 minutes?

“Okay. Let’s go into the kitchen so I can get the waffles out.” I said lacing my fingers through hers and leading her into the kitchen. 

As we walked into the kitchen, I could feel her shaking. Pained I walked over to the waffle maker and took out the waffle. Then poured more batter in. I walked back over to her and put my hand on her face, softly. 

“W-What if they tell everyone.” She said, her voice wavering.

“Then we will deal with it then.” I said looking into her eyes.

“Yeah. Okay. That’s what we’ll do.” She said nodding her head along.

“What time is it?” I said looking around for a clock.

“It’s already 11.” She said softly.

“Okay. Are we still up for decorating the house today?” I asked rubbing her cheek still.

“Is it okay if I cancel and reschedule? I just want to relax and forget about this.” She asked.

“That is perfectly fine Sweetheart.” I said softly.

“Thanks.” She said pulling away from me.

“Are you going to tell your parents about what happened?” I asked.

“Nope. I’m going to act like nothing happened.” She said throwing away the piece of paper in the trash.

“You sure Sweetheart?” I said with concern laced through my voice.

“Yes. I’m sure Nate. But do you think I could spend the night at your house tonight? I don’t feel safe here.” She said while looking away from me.

“It would be my pleasure madam. You can stay in my house for as long as you like.” I said putting my hand on my heart.

She chucked, but did not say anything back. I smirked while the timer went off. I walked over to the waffle maker and took out the waffles. I poured the rest of the waffle mix into the maker. 

“Make sure you bring clothes though. Tomorrow is school.” I said remembering.

“Ughhh. I hate school.” She groaned.

“Oh I know. Me too. Trust me; I have practice tomorrow for basketball.” I said looking at her.

“Great. That means I have soccer practice tomorrow.” She said while slamming her head on the counter.

“Hey! Ha-ha. Don’t do that to your beautiful face!” I said shaking my head at her.

“I’ll do what I want to my ‘beautiful face’” She mumbled.

“Fine. Get ugly then.” I said shrugging my shoulders.

I heard a gasp and laughed. 

“Do you even like being the captain of the Dance Team and playing soccer and volleyball?” I asked.

“Ehh. Kind of. The only reason I tried out for volleyball was because my mom wanted me to. But I love soccer and dancing. But right now, I do not like soccer.” She said lifting her head up from the counter.

“I’ve only seen you dance about twice.” I said thinking about it.

“Yeah, that’s because you never come and see us dance at competitions.” She said knowingly.

“Hm.. I wonder why I haven’t.” I said shaking my head, thinking.

“Because every time you’ve tried, one of your ‘girlfriends’ have stopped you. At least that’s what I’ve heard.” She said looking away from me.

“Oh.. Well. When are your next competitions?” I asked getting her attention back on me.

“Why?” She said looking at me suspiciously. 

“Because I want to come and watch you guys! Duhh!” I said shaking my head at her.

“April 10th.” She mumbled.

“What’s today?” I asked. 

“It’s the 28th.” Carrie said groaning

“What’s the big deal?” I asked curiously.

“I have to come up with a new routine.” She groaned.

“Oh poor you.” I said sarcastically.

She was about to say something back in a smart ass way, I could just tell. But the beeper went off telling me the waffles were done. I took them out and turned off the waffle maker. I put 2 waffles on her plate and 3 on mine. I looked up at Carrie to see her looking at me like I was crazy.

“How can you eat 3?” She said disbelievingly.

“I’m a man.” I said back.

“Mhm. A man with eating problems.” She said jokingly. 

“You did not just say that.” I said in a teasing voice.

“Oh but I did.” She said teasing back. 

I didn’t answer her and picked her up and put her over my shoulder.

“NATE! PUT ME DOWN!” She said giggling. 

“Nope! You just basically called me fat!” I growled in a kidding way.

“I’m sorry!” She said still giggling.

“Gotta do better.” I said smirking.

“I’m gonna kill you. Put me down this instant!” She yelled.

“That’s not better.” I said raising my voice.

“Fine. Nate is the most hottest, cutest, guy around!” She mumbled.

“That’s better.” I said setting her back down.

She pouted putting her bottom lip out. 

“Don’t do that.” I said huskily.

“Why not?” She said pouting.

“Cause it makes me want to do this.” I said before kissing her again. 

My heart melted as she kissed me back. This was the best feeling in the world. It felt like fireworks were exploding. I don’t know what’s coming over me. If I could only do one thing for the rest of my life, it would be kissing her. I knew what I had to do. I pulled out of the kiss and looked into her mud brown eyes.

“Carrie, will you be my girlfriend?” I asked.

Cliffhanger? (: what do you think she is going to say?:D Hope you like this chapter! Maybe if this gets more reads and votes, I will update again tomorrow! Wattpad is messing up for some reason, on the last chapter it says 7 reads and 12 votes? That's messed up. 

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN, and ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY!

-Kinsey xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 194 40
[*COMPLETE*] [*EPILOGUE, EXTRAS AND FILLER CHAPTERS MAYBE ADDED*] [NEEDS MAJOR EDITING AND A TONNE OF FILLER CHAPTERS] "You were burning with fever a...
835K 8.5K 16
Calliope's ex-boyfriend, her high school sweetheart, crash-landed back into her life like a rom-com sequel she never ordered, ready to rewrite the sc...
308K 12.4K 66
I chuckled slightly and shook my head. "Does that usually work for you? The cute little remarks and that nice smile." I teased. He gave me a sheepish...
2.4K 133 26
"No need to be a d*ck. You know that's supposed to be a part of your body and not your personality, right?" ---------------- Emma Greene comes back t...