Pulse and Petals

Od CarnationCarrie

Evara Nayak (23) I moved to New York, the city where dreams come true. I shouldn't even be here in the first... Viac

Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec
Evara
Alec

Alec

61 9 0
Od CarnationCarrie

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

She's here. I can see her from across the street, wearing those damn jeans. But it's not the jeans that catch my attention; it's the top she's wearing. Something about it makes my gaze zero in on her neck. There it is, that tiny silver butterfly pendant dangling from her neck. She never takes it off, I'm sure of it. I saw it the other day, just like I saw it that night months ago.

I curse inwardly, hating how every detail about her seems to be etched into my brain. It's like I can't escape her, no matter how hard I try. And now she's walking towards me, a casual smile on her lips like she doesn't have a care in the world. If only she knew the effect she has on me.

******

She just yelled she's in jeans to Dante, and I can't help but raise an eyebrow at her antics. Why did she feel the need to announce that? But then she explains, and it all clicks into place. Of course, she remembers The Vein and the bouncer from last time. Everything about that night except for me.

I push that thought aside and focus on the task at hand. "We only have one day to plan and execute everything for the engagement party" I remind her, the urgency clear in my tone. "The club chefs are here, and you can finalize the menu."

"Perfect!" she chirps, her enthusiasm infectious. "I'm gonna start right this second."

I nod in approval, impressed by her quick response. "Sounds like a plan," I agree, watching as she dives into her tasks with unwavering focus. "Let me know if you need anything."

And just like that, she's off, diving headfirst into her work and I watch her go. She's bossy, that's for sure, but damn if she doesn't get things done. And as I sit here in one of the booths, watching her move and bark orders, she flashes me a bright smile before disappearing into the fray.

A voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "You've been staring at her for 5 minutes straight now," Jack says, amusement evident in his tone.

I tear my gaze away from her to focus on Jack. "What are you doing here?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Jack shrugs casually. "Just making sure the security system is in good condition for the party," he replies. "What are 𝘺𝘰𝘶 doing here? Why aren't you at the hospital?"

I sigh, feeling a twinge of annoyance at his question. "Went for rounds, No patients coming in," I explain. "No surgeries today, so I'm here."

Jack shoots a teasing glance at Evara. "You sure that's the only reason?" he quips, a smirk playing on his lips.

I glare at him, not in the mood for his teasing. "Shut it," I retort, turning my attention back to her.

"You think she'll be out of your system once you get what you want?" he asks, his tone calm.

I shift uncomfortably, my mind racing with conflicting thoughts. "I don't know," I admit quietly, feeling a pang of uncertainty deep in my chest.

Nick appears out of nowhere, his presence catching me off guard. "Why do you guys never tell me we're having bro-dates?" he exclaims dramatically, a mock hurt expression on his face. "You both break my heart", dramatically clutching his chest, "Irony, one of you is supposed to fix hearts."

Jack and I can't help but chuckle at his theatrical entrance, despite my earlier irritation. It's a rare occurrence, they're the only ones who can coax a smile out of me, even if it's a small one.

"Seriously, Nick, could you be any more of a drama queen?" Jack teases, a playful grin on his face.

"Hey, Jack, I almost forgot", he says with a serious expression.

"What is it?", now Jack and I have our full attention on what Nick's going to tell.

"Why did the scarecrow win an award?"

Ofcourse, it's one of his never ending lame jokes. Why do we always fall for this?

"Because he was outstanding in his field!" Nick blurts out, followed by a grin.

Jack shakes his head , "If you weren't my brother, I swear, I'd have a homicidal vendetta on my hands."

Nick chuckles, shaking his head. "Come on, Jack, we both know you wouldn't actually go through with it."

"Consider yourself lucky", Jack shoots him his reply.

Nick grins mischievously and nudges me. "Hey, Alec, how's the oogling going on?"

I roll my eyes, "I'm just making sure everything's in order."

Nick chuckles, raising an eyebrow. "Sure, sure," he says, his grin widening.

As they sit back in the booth, I'm observing the playful exchange between my brothers with a slight smirk. While I may not be one for laughter and jokes, there's a certain comfort in the familiarity of their banter. I can't deny that I feel a sense of freedom around them that I rarely experience elsewhere.

As we're deep in conversation, a voice suddenly calls out, "Mr. Oberoi-Carson," causing all three of us to snap our heads up in unison. It's Evara, standing there with a twinkle in her eyes, looking at us with amusement written all over her face.

Before any of us can say anything, she bursts into laughter, the sound echoing through the room.

"Sorry, I completely forgot there were three of you."

Jack clears his throat, a playful glint in his eyes. "It's okay, Evara. Call me Jack," he says, then gestures towards me. "And he's Dr. Oberoi-Carson."

Nick shoots Jack an offended look. "Uh, did you forget I'm Dr. Oberoi-Carson too?"

Jack shrugs nonchalantly. "No, I chose to ignore you," he replies with a grin.

Evara's eyes widen in surprise. "Wait a damn minute... You're a doctor?" she exclaims, disbelief evident in her voice.

Nick nods, a proud grin spreading across his face. "Yup, doing my residency," he confirms, his tone casual yet proud.

Nick continues with a grin on his stupid face, "You don't have to call me Dr. Oberoi-Carson though. You can call me Nick, Evie."

I feel a flicker of irritation as I notice Evara's smile directed at my brother, and the casual use of the nickname "Evie."

Clearing my throat, I catch Nick's eye and speak firmly, "Her name is Evara."

Nick's grin widens at my reaction, and I can practically see the mischief dancing in his eyes. He knows he's pushing my buttons, and he's enjoying every minute of it. "Oh, I know," he replies, his tone casual but loaded with underlying amusement. "Evie is a nickname."

"It's fine, everyone calls me Evie", her tone friendly and light.

"What did you want?" I ask, my tone casual, but with a hint of impatience.

Evara shifts into her business mode, her demeanor becoming more serious. "Mr. Dr. Oberoi-Carson," she begins, confusion on her face now, unsure whether to address me as "Mr." or "Dr."

"It's Alec," I interject, my tone more casual now, hoping to alleviate her uncertainty.

Her expression relaxes slightly at my reassurance, and she nods in acknowledgment. "Got it, Alec," she replies with a grateful smile, her confidence returning as she continues, "I wanted to speak with you about the guest list."

I notice Jack and Nick staring at me with expressions of disbelief, their jaws practically hitting the floor. It's as if they've just witnessed someone murder a puppy.

Ignoring their reaction, I maintain my composure and continue speaking to Evara. "Right," I say, addressing her with a casual nod. "Wait for me in my office, Princess. I'll be right there."

I gesture subtly with my head in the direction of my office, hoping to convey my message. Evara nods in acknowledgment and heads towards my office.

I turn to face Jack and Nick, who are still wearing their dramatic expressions of disbelief. "What?" I say, feigning ignorance, though I'm well aware of what they're referring to.

Jack is the first to speak up, "Did you just give her your name?" he asks, his eyebrows raised in disbelief.

Before I can respond, Nick chimes in with his melodramatic flair. "And did you just give her a nickname?" he adds, his expression still exaggerated for effect.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes at their theatrics, instead choosing to respond with a nonchalant shrug. "It's not a big deal," I reply dismissively. "I've got things to do," I announce, rising to my feet. With a last glance at my brothers, I make my way towards my office.

******

It's nearly 7 PM, and the anticipation for tomorrow's engagement party hangs heavy in the air. Evara's been a whirlwind of activity all day, meticulously putting together every detail. I've been pulled away for a few hours, called back to the hospital for unexpected matters. Nick and I have been in and out, each dealing with our own responsibilities. Jack left earlier when I was in the meeting with her.

As I return, I find Evara still hard at work, her determination unwavering despite the late hour.

Nick stands in front of Evara as she directs her question to him. "What's the time?" she asks, her voice carrying a hint of exhaustion.

Nick checks his watch and replies, "It's 7 o'clock."

Evara's gaze falls on his watch, and she lets out a frustrated sigh. "Ughh, why did men stop wearing classic watches?" she muses aloud, her tone playful yet exasperated.

Nick shrugs in response, a bemused expression on his face. "Uhh, I don't know?" he replies, playing along with her banter.

With a note of disappointment and irritation in her voice, she continues, "Because of these things," pointing at his watch, "the chances of getting my dupatta stuck in someone's watch is getting nearly impossible."

Nick chuckles at her frustration and teases, "What's with browngirls and their obsession with dupattas and watches?"

"Oh my god! It's peak desi romance," she explains with a grin. "And I want to experience that firsthand."

I listen to her words, a smile tugs at the corners of my lips, amused by her candid observation. God! This girl is something.

I approach them and as she turns around, she notices me and greets me with a warm smile. "Oh, nice, you're here," she says, her voice tinged with relief. "All the arrangements are done. I'm exhausted, but it was worth it."

I nod in agreement, impressed by her dedication and hard work.

"I'll see you both tomorrow."

As she turns to leave, I take a step forward, find myself speaking up without really thinking, "I can give you a ride home," I state, my voice leaving no room for argument.

She hesitates for a moment, then politely declines, insisting that she can catch a cab. But I'm not about to take no for an answer, not when it comes to her safety.

"It's not a request," I assert, my gaze unwavering. "I said I can give you a ride."

There's a moment of silence as she processes my words, and finally, she nods in reluctant acceptance. Without another word, we make our way out of the venue, she knows there's no room for further discussion.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

25.6K 2K 42
"I didn't want to marry you." His words are a small whisper as if just saying them is a sin. "But I've never been more grateful for destiny for plott...
198K 17.7K 69
Sequeal of 'Home To You' can be read stand alone. ©️All Right Sereved by me @deliciouspeach__ (writer_maira)©️ 25 years have passed and everything i...
5.6M 169K 64
Nina Perez was a calm and low profile girl in her high school. She was a secret fighter and would fight at a club with her bestfriends. She had a cou...
48.1K 191 1
|COMPLETED| |REPUBLISHING| "Why are you rejecting the proposal?" "First of all , i have no interest in marriage and secondly she doesn't meet my sta...