Too Close To Home | Nanami Ke...

By Jack_Sceptic

After a lot of persuasion from Gojo, you become a teacher at Jujutsu Tech. You've been a sorcerer for a while... More

0. Author's note (important!)
Ⅲ. Finding comfort in the mundane
Ⅱ. Jujutsu sorcerers alike
Ⅳ. Maybe
Ⅴ. Party rock is in the house tonight
Ⅵ. Talk to me
Ⅶ. It's a family matter
Ⅷ. Sacrifice your pride

Ⅰ. A brand new start

42 0 10
By Jack_Sceptic

"Guys! Please welcome your new combat teacher, L/n Y/n!" Gojo exclaimed excitedly as I entered the classroom with a confident air about me. He'd finally convinced me to start teaching these kids professional combat. It had taken him weeks of endless rambling about how these kids could really use my skill and insight on things. Eventually, I caved to his persistence and returned to Jujutsu Tech. Regretfully so, might I add. "Welcome L/n-Sensei!" The three first-year students exclaimed, all with different levels of enthusiasm, if any. The ravenette seemed rather uninterested, not unlike the brunette girl who only executed minimal emotion about my arrival. The third student on the other hand was very excited to be here, a big grin covering his features. It was almost endearing.

"My name is Itadori Yuuji, nice to meet you!" The pink-haired energetic exclaimed as he bowed deeply, it was almost too much but I figured he just wanted to make a good first impression. I looked at the black-haired boy, realizing this was Gojo's pride and joy "You're Fushiguro right? Gojo never shuts up about you." This irked the boy and he shot a glare towards their teacher. I laughed a little to myself as Satoru mocked him. "Kugisaki Nobara." The girl finally spoke with a small bow, still not really interested in my arrival. "Such enthusiasm...Anyways. Let me tell you how I handle business." The three students looked at me suspiciously, almost cautiously. I guess Gojo had taught them right. Meanwhile, he was grinning from ear to ear. "As my first lesson, I want the three of you to fight me. 1v3. Show me how fast you can adapt to a foreign situation."

Puzzled expressions find their way to their faces as they share a few glances. "Sensei, you haven't told us what your technique is or what level sorcerer you are, how are we supposed to adjust?" Fushiguro speaks up, crossing his arms as he eyes me inquisitively. "Exactly," I say with an almost unhinged smile on my face. Gojo teleports us outside to the training grounds. Probably thriving at the fact his students have no idea what they're up against. They immediately get into a fighting stance. All ready to use their own, special techniques.

I take a deep breath before cursed energy in the form of a red light emits from my hand "Avatar of pride, Lucifer, I summon thee!" A demonic entity appears from the light, giving me a questioning glance before sighing "Kids no less." "Hush!" I dismiss his attitude before using his borrowed strength to send cursed energy in the shape of sharp objects toward the three students as Lucifer chains their feet to the ground. "What the-!" Kugisaki exclaims as she tries to free herself from the tight grip the chains have on her. "Is he a Shikigami user as well?" Fushiguro mumbled to himself, copying the attempt at freeing himself. The only difference was that he succeeded by using cursed energy. I was honestly very impressed. And soon after, Itadori broke free by brute force. This kid was insanely strong. He moved quickly to free Kugisaki as well. Was it his technique? No...that's raw strength. Fascinating... "Don't get lost in thought now, Y/n. You'd be wasting my time." Lucifer egged me on, I shot him a warning glance, knowing full well he had the upper hand here.

I regained my composure quicker than these kids could comprehend, wrapping a chain of cursed energy around them with a quick motion. Before I knew it, a frog's tongue wrapped itself around me and pulled me back into its mouth. They broke free from the chains, Itadori and Kugisaki heading for Lucifer while Fushiguro ran towards me whilst I was still immobilized. "Not bad, Fushiguro! But you're gonna have to do better than that!" I exclaimed before slicing through the shikigami's tongue with a curse-imbued dagger I'd kept in my boot. The frog returned to Megumi in the form of a shadow. His brow furrowed as he made a bird shape with his hands "Nue!" An electrified bird appeared above him, which immediately dove down to me.

Lucifer pulled me to the side with a chain of his, saving my life in the process "You're welcome." I give him a nod of appreciation before another light appears in my hand, this time a purple one "Avatar of Envy, Leviathan, I summon thee!" A completely different entity appears beside me, sighing deeply "You don't have to be so professional about summoning me, you know...I'm nothing like Lucifer." I groan, deadpanning at his childish behaviour "Read the room dude!" Once more he sighs dramatically before sending a wave of water towards Nue, endangering anyone who gets near the water source. And that includes Fushiguro himself. He quickly realizes this and retreats the birdlike creature who had found its natural enemy "Damn it!" He cusses to himself.

Lucifer and the other two students are still fighting relentlessly. But it's clear they're getting tired. "Are you kidding me?! There's no end to his attacks!" Kugisaki is getting frustrated and running out of the nails she had been firing at the Avatar of Pride non-stop. "No matter how many hits I get in, he doesn't get any weaker!" Itadori observes, his breathing getting ragged.

It may not have seemed like it, but summoning two of my strongest shikigamis was taking a toll on me. "Usually you'd summon Mammon," Levi states, firing a few water attacks at the young sorcerer in front of us. "Well, I needed you. You may return now." Leviathan returns to a purple light in my palm. The light quickly changes to yellow as I summon another one of my stronger shikigami "Avatar of Greed, Mammon, I summon thee!" I was out of breath as I expertly avoided several attacks from the black-haired boy. "Yeah yeah, I'm here." The demon spoke with nonchalance as he fired a rain attack of creditcards down on the student, his hands remaining in his pockets. "Keep him alive, Mammon," I warned, knowing full well how careless he could be.

My breathing got heavier and my body struggled for strength as I held Mammon and Lucifer strong, all the while avoiding any physical attacks. That's when Fushiguro caught on. "Itadori! Kugisaki! Attack L/n-Sensei instead!" A proud smile tugged at the corner of my lips. Bright young man that Fushiguro. I get why Satoru is so proud of him. Unfortunately, my train of thought got interrupted by a strong punch to my side. I stumbled slightly, quickly recovering as I got ready to attack again. Lucifer and Mammon wanted to step in but I put up my hand to stop them. "Let them. I want to see some close-quarter combat."

The two demons shared a glance before sitting back by Gojo. "Long time no see." Lucifer greeted, almost like he was greeting an old friend. "Right? I've missed your snarky remarks!" His unnecessarily chirpy voice irked the Avatar of Pride but a laugh was sounded from the Avatar of Greed "Six eyes still's got jokes to this day!" Meanwhile, I was using their cursed techniques to fight off the three first years. Shielding myself with Mammon's cursed energy and using Lucifer's to trip Yuuji and fend off Megumi's Shikigami. I sent a few credit cards flying at Kugisaki but she broke them almost immediately with her hammer and nail. Truly remarkable.

I was holding back since this training session was only to observe their fighting styles and cursed techniques. And for now, I'd seen enough. "Lucifer." I gave him a suggestive glance, urging for him to capture them definitively. "As you wish, Y/n." And with that, he wrapped three separate chains around them, now with a newfound strength. They struggled against the grip, Fushiguro sending another frog my way but I eliminated it almost immediately with one of Mammon's credit cards. He was caught off guard by the sudden speed, his expression almost turning to a pout as he realised what was happening "You've been holding back this whole time?" I chuckled softly, running a hand through my hair as I walked over to the trio "What? Did you think I was gonna go all out on my new students?" I walked over to Kugisaki, stopping in front of her momentarily "I just wanted to see what your current capabilities are." And finally, I stopped in front of Itadori. A curious smile painted my features "But you are quite the mystery, I must admit."

I turned around, finally releasing the three from my tight grip on them. Which caused them to fall to the ground with a soft thud and silent complaints. "Overall, I'm impressed with how easily you adapt. But after a bit, you're rather predictable." As I say this, Mammon and Lucifer return to my palm as lights. The cursed energy dying down from all four parties involved. I can see Gojo grinning in the corner of my eye, turning around again to look at the three students who were checking themselves for wounds.

"Any questions?" I tilted my head curiously, bending down slightly to be at a semi-eye level. "What exactly is your cursed technique? I know they're Shikigami but these weren't just any Shikigami." I smiled at Fushiguro's observation, standing up straight again as I stuffed my hands into my pockets. "Correct. They're called The Seven Cardinal Sins. They exist of Pride, Greed, Envy, Wrath, Lust, Gluttony and Sloth. All sins have their own representative and unique abilities which I'm allowed to use after I make a pact with that specific representative." Gojo stood beside me, leaning on my shoulder with a toothy grin "Fun fact, Y/n hasn't made a pact with everyone yet." I rolled my eyes at his teasing but the kids' curiosity peaked "Really? How come?" Itadori got up, quickly dusting himself off. He looked at me with the curiosity of a puppy so I caved "Asmodeus, the Avatar of Lust, is giving me a difficult time." Dramatic cooes sounded from Kugisaki and Itadori as they leaned in close, suggestively wiggling their eyebrows at me "Is it because you're not getting any action?~" I shot her a warning glance as a subtle flush rose to the tip of my ears. "How does one even make a pact?" Finally, a normal question came from their quiet friend. "Well, every Avatar can make a demand. And depending on what it is, I oblige and they swear their undying loyalty as well as granting me access to their arsenal of abilities." Fushiguro nodded in understanding, finally getting how my cursed technique works globally.

"What did Asmodeus ask for?" Kugisaki asks curiously, a devious twinkle in her daring gaze. "That's none of your business." These kids really were Gojo's students. Just as invasive as he was. "Come on, we need to get your injuries looked at." I gestured for them to follow me after shrugging Satoru off my shoulder. He knew full well what the demand was, hell he was there when Amsodeus made it. But, I'd asked him to keep it quiet and he's anything but untrustworthy. For the past years, as far as I'm aware, he hasn't told a single soul.

After I'd helped tend to all their injuries, they returned to their dorm rooms to rest. Satoru and I went out for a bite to summarise the events of today. It was his treat so how could I deny? "They seem to like you, huh?" He remarks, taking another bite of his food. I stared at my bowl for a second before finally looking up at him "You think so?" Sure, I appeared confident and selfless. But deep down, I truly cared about how others viewed me. Especially the ones I cared for. "I know so." He assured me with a comforting squeeze on my shoulder. I sighed softly as I leaned my head back against the seat.

"Has Asmo's demand changed at all?" He asked curiously, observing me closely. "No, it's so incredibly frustrating." He laughed at me, making me frown slightly. "I'm sorry! It's just so funny that he'd make his demand bedding your crush! How is Nanami doing anyway?" I groaned in annoyance, running my hands down my face in despair "I don't know, I barely talk to the guy! Besides, I don't even like him. Not anymore, at least." There was a certain sadness to my tone, which Gojo sympathised with. Only a little. "It wouldn't have been bad if you still liked him you know~" I glared daggers at the grinning man before me "Don't make me throw something at you Satoru." This only made him laugh harder, pushing me deeper into despair as I hid behind my hands once more. One day, I was gonna strangle him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 5.1K 35
Gojo x reader You are a 'Third year student' at Kyoto Metropolitan tech Yoshinobu Gakuganji and the Jujutsu higher ups have serious leverage agains...
318K 6.9K 17
[ COMPLETED ] You came to Tokyo from NYC to teach and learn more about jujutsu techniques. With an iq of 213 but you aren't very athletic. Satoru Go...
34.9K 1K 27
"𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧," 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝. "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'...
42.5K 1.4K 26
*Mature Content Warning* A French jujutsu sorcerer has joined the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College, but she still remains a mystery. Gojo S...