Tender Trifles of Love

By S_Godaria

Both were lost in each other's eyes when he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her towards himself. S... More

Prologue
Character's Introduction
BREAKFAST
ASTHEATICS
NERVOUSNESS
PAST INCIDENT
MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
MARRIAGE PROPOSAL #2
THE TALK
IT'S A YES
IT'S FIXED
DREAM V/S REALITY
ENGAGEMENT
ENGAGEMENT #2
GREEN EYED MAN
PRE-WEDDING
THE D-DAY
POST-WEDDING
WEDDING NIGHT #1
FIRST DAY
MOTHER-IN-LAW'S OUTFIT
PEHLI RASOI
BACK TO HELL
HOME
HE'S HURT
COTTON CANDY
FIRST DATE
RUINED DATE!!
ONE MONTH!!
UNWANTED GUEST
SHE LIKES HIM!
FIRST KISS-HER & HIS
AFTER EFFECTS OF KISS
CLEARING MISUNDERSTANDING
THE MOMENTS
LOVE, FAMILY, OFFENCE
PYAR
STOMACH ACHE

REALISATION

312 43 8
By S_Godaria

The whole family was standing in the hospital corridor. Everyone had displeased expression on their face and in the heart, they were concerned about Simran's health.

"Akshu, bachche, koi baat nahi. Ho jata hai kabhi kabhi." Ahana said keeping her hand on Ekaksh's shoulder, who was glaring at Abhay.

("Akshu, kid, it's okay. It happens sometimes.")

Abhay kept standing there with his head bowed down. He was ashamed and disappointed in himself. How could he be so careless. How could he not take care of his only person, whom he calls his Jaan, his life.

"You know, Bhai, jaise ek chhota baccha dard mein apni maa ka naam leta hai, bhabhi aapka naam le Rahi thi. She was almost unconscious because of so much pain but even in that state, she was calling you only.

But I don't understand one thing, Bhai, what was so important that you didn't even get time to see your phone once. Do you know how many times we have called you." Ekaksh scolded Abhay badly but ended up crying. Though Abhay is his idol and he respects him a lot but what he did today, really disappointed him.

("You know, brother, like a small child takes his mother's name in pain, sister-in-law was taking your name.)

Abhay took a step and hugged him. He could not justify himself because he knew what he did was utterly careless and irresponsible behaviour.

"I'm sorry." Abhay whispered as right now could do nothing but apologize.

"I was so scared, Bhai." Ekaksh whispered back.

"I'm so so sorry." Abhay mumbled.

Ekansh walked to them and rubbed Ekaksh's back.

Abhay broke the hug and both the brothers looked at their elder one. The trio shared a hug supporting each other.

Ahana smiled and looked at Aryaman who was already smiling looking at them.

"Aapko pata hai, mujhe na humesha Darr lagta tha ki inka bachpan mein jo aapas mein pyar tha woh bade hokar kahin khatam na ho jaye. You know na aajkal toh sage bhaiyon mein nahin banti. But I guess, we did a good job."

("You know, I always had this fear that the love they had for each other in their childhood would not be lost when they grew up. You know na, these days even the siblings get differences. But I guess, we did a good job.")

"We actually did." Aryaman said and wrapped his arm around Ahana's shoulder.

"Umm.... I think we should inform Simran's parents about this." Sonali broke the emotional silence.

Abhay immediately wanted to refuse but everyone agreed saying Simran is their daughter and they have all rights to know about her. Moreover they would be hurt and angry if they came to know that Simran was in hospital and they (Abhay's family) didn't even tell them about the same.

However Abhay couldn't tell them that they are just an excuse in the name of parents and would not care about anything but still dial Rajiv.

"Hello, ji damadji. Namaste. Kaise yaad kia? Sab thik hai na." Rajiv, who answered almost immediately, said politely.

("Hello, yes son-in-law. Greetings. How you remembered us. Is everything alright.")

"Umm... Uncle, Can you.... Can you come here at our place?" Abhay said as told by Ahana didn't tell about Simran being in hospital as according to them that would not be a good thing to tell on the phone as they would get worried.

"Kya hua damadji, kuchh problem Hui hai kya. Simran ne kuchh Kiya? Dekhiye Ab woh aapki hai. Aap jaise chahe usse handle kare. Hume koi problem nahi hai. Agar kuchh galati ki hai toh daant do, do-chaar thappad laga do. Lekin please..."

("What happened, son-in-law, is there any problem? Did Simran do something? See now she is yours. You can handle the way you want. We don't have any problems. If she had made some mistake then you can scold her or give her two- three slaps. But please...")

"Uncle... It's.. it's nothing like what you are thinking. If you have time please come here, we'll talk then." Abhay said with a sigh as he knew Rajiv would talk like this only and that's why he didn't want to call him.

"And one more thing, as you said she is mine. And I will handle her the way I want." Abhay said in his firm tone and cut the call leaving Rajiv and everyone confused who was listening to him on both the sides.

"Abhay, kya hua? Aise kyu baat kar raha tha?" Ahana asked seeing anger on his face.

("Abhay, what happened? Why were you talking like that?")

Abhay just shook his head and sat on the bench there with his head in his hands. Sonali walked to him and caressed his back trying to relax him.

But right now only one thing can relax him, that is His Jaan. He felt something off with her since last few days but he didn't give it much thought or maybe thought that she would tell him herself if it would be important. But now he knows, he can't trust her. Especially when it comes to her own health. As she can take care of anything and everything but not of herself.

Everyone was silently praying for Simran's well being. No one even blinked their eyes for the whole night. It was three or something in the morning, when the door opening sound caught their attention. Abhay and Sonali stood up and everyone walked towards the doctor who came out looking relaxed.

"Doctor, how's my wife? She is fine, right?" Abhay asked urgently.

"Relax, Mr..."

"Abhay."

"Yes, Mr. Abhay. Don't worry. We have successfully removed the appendix. Your wife is perfectly fine now." The doctor said making everyone sigh in relief. Abhay joined his hands looking upwards, thanking God.

"Hey Mahadev, shukra hai tera. Meri bacchi ab thik hai." Ahana said sitting with her joining hands, thankful to God.

("Hey lord Shiva, Thanks to you. My daughter is fine now.")

"Can we meet her." Ekaksh asked eagerly standing beside Abhay.

"Umm... Not yet. Actually right now she is unconscious and under the effect of sedatives. After two hours, we'll shift her to the general ward then you can meet her." The doctor informed and was about to leave when Abhay requested.

"Please Doctor, can I meet her once just for five minutes." Abhay requested with such a vulnerable voice that the doctor couldn't deny it.

"But she is still unconscious."

"I won't disturb her, I promise." He requested again to which the doctor couldn't help but nod in yes.

The doctor left after asking a ward boy to give Abhay scrubs to wear. Abhay wore it and immediately dashed to her room.

He felt himself going numb when he saw Simran in the hospital bed with those wires attached to her.

He gulped and walked towards her with heavy steps and his heart beating nervously.

Her small and fragile figure was looking so weak. Her face, which was glowing with happiness till the morning, was now pale.

He scoffed at the word 'happiness'. He thought that she was happy but actually she was in pain. Don't know from how many days. As it is not possible for an appendix to form in a day or two. But she didn't tell him neither he found. What a terrible husband he is!

He kissed her forehead and sat on the stool there holding her hand.

"I'm sorry, Jaan. I'm so so sorry." He said as a lone tear escaped his left eye. He wiped it immediately but couldn't stop the trail of tears which was flowing non-stop. The tears of worry, stress and mainly of guilt.

It is said that you value something only when you lose that thing. Though he never took her for granted or something but now he understands how important she has become to him. For his life. He calls her Jaan. He never thought or knew how it happened and when he started calling her that. Maybe from the very first time or maybe when they got comfortable with each other. But now she has actually become his Jaan, his life. And now he can't live without her. Maybe that is what they call love.

Does that mean he loves her?

I... I love her..?

I love my Jaan.

He smiled with tears filled eyes realising his feelings for her.

"I love you Jaan. You mean so much to me. You bring so much happiness in my life with you. You mean the world to me. You are the best thing that's have ever happened to me. I will cherish you with my life. Please wake up soon." Saying he kissed her palm a few times and wiped his tears with the sleeves of his shirt before walking out.

"I think, you all should go home and take a rest. I'll be here with her." Abhay said coming out and taking everyone's attention.

"And I think your thoughts are just rubbish." Ekansh said in the same tone as Abhay.

"Yes, Abhay, in fact, you should go home and take a rest. Because after Simi gets her consciousness, she is going to need you the most. So until then you have time to rest and after that all you have to do is to take care of her." Sonali said.

Abhay was about to oppose but stopped as his phone rang. He sighed before picking up the call. Everyone around looked confused but then nodded when Abhay talked to Rajiv.

"Hello, yes. Rajiv uncle.."

"Arey, damadji. Kahan hai aap. Hum yahan aapke Ghar pahunch gaye hai. Par yaha toh lock laga hai."

("Hey, son-in-law. Where are you? We have reached your house. But it is locked.")

"Oh yes. Yes. Sorry, I forgot that. Just wait there, I'll reach in a few minutes." Abhay said getting up. Telling the family about Rajiv and Gargi's arrival, he left for home.

********************************

Abhay brought two glasses of water for his father-in-law and mother-in-law. They took and sipped it a little, kept the glasses on the table.

"Damadji, baat kya hai. Aap itni subah kahi Gaye the? Aur Simran Kahan hai? Kya hua hai?" Rajiv asked when Gargi nudged him to ask.

("Son-in-law, what's the matter? Where did you go so early in the morning? And where is Simran? What happened?")

"Umm... Actually she is in hospital." Abhay said and stopped to see their reactions but not finding any worry, he continued.

"She had an appendix operation. But now, there is nothing to be worried about. She is absolutely fine." Abhay told them.

"Par aapne Hume kyu balaya. Matlab hum kya karein..."

("But why did you call us? I mean, what should we do...")

"Kar toh aap waise bhi kuchh nahi sakte. It's just Hume laga ki you are her parents toh aapko pata hona chahiye aapki bachhi ke bare mein. And you might get worried.

("You can't do anything anyway. It's just that we felt that you are her parents so you should know about your child.)

After freshening up, I'll leave for the hospital. If you both want then can come with me or else be here. I will tell everyone that I told you guys to stay here. However, they'll discharge her till afternoon or evening. After that if you both want then you can leave." Abhay said and left not even looking at them for once.

Rajiv frowned at his dejected behaviour as before Abhay always treated them with respect and humbleness but now it looks like he doesn't care about them.

"Yeh damadji ko kya hua. Iss tarah kyu baat kar rahe the." Gargi wondered.

("What happened to son-in-law? Why was he talking like this?")

"Tumhari beti ne hi kuchh kaha hoga humare against." Rajiv said.

("Your daughter must have said something against us.")

Gargi looked at him with angry eyes but looked away when he glared at her hard.

Though Abhay always respected them and wanted to treat them as his own parents instead of in-law but when Simran told him the way they treated her, he couldn't behave same and respect them like nothing happened.

Abhay laid down on the bed with his hands sprawled open and legs dangling down. He was staring at the ceiling. As he closed his eyes a tear slipped from his eyes and disappeared into his hair.

"I was so scared, Mumma." He whispered and looked at the ceiling opening his red eyes.

"I don't wanna lose her, Mumma. I love her. I love her so much." He cried missing his mother more today when he felt the fear of losing loved one again.

******************************

"Jaan, pick up the phone please." Abhay mumbled in sleep.

But the phone kept ringing disturbing his slumber making him whine in annoyance.

"Jaan, please.." He again mumbled this time a little louder. But as his sleep broke, he realised that his Jaan is not here.

He at once got up and searched his phone which was ringing under is pillow. He answered the call hurriedly seeing Ansh Bhai calling.

"Hello, yes Bhai. How's she. All okay right. I'm just coming. I thought I would come back after changing. I don't know how I slept. I'll just reach in fifteen..." Abhay said hurriedly getting up and opened the cupboard to take a fresh pair of clothes.

"Abhay relax. She is fine and just got her consciousness. In fact, we all saw her and I even talked to the doctor. She is absolutely fine. And the doctor said we can take her home." Ekansh assured him making him sigh in relief.

"I'm just coming." He said and cut the call. He once again thanked God for keeping her fine.

He quickly went to take a shower and got ready. As he walked downstairs, he saw his Mamu, Mami, Sona and Aksh sitting in the living room.

"You all are here." Abhay asked no one in particular.

"Yeah Simi is fine now. And the doctor said that only one or two persons can be with her. Moreover after some tests she'll get discharged." His Mamu said.

"Yeah, that's why we came home. We'll do the arrangements for her till you guys bring her back." He nodded at his Mami and Sonali helped him pack a pair of clothes for Simran. Abhay left after taking the essentials.

********************************

"Don't worry Mr. Abhay. Your wife is perfectly fine now. Her reports are normal. All you have to do is to take care of her eating habits at least for three weeks and yes, complete bed rest for a week. After that she can go back to her routine but no heavy work which will bring pressure on her abdomen untill her stitches are completely healed." The doctor told Abhay who was listening to him very intently.

"Yes doctor. Actually I wanted to say that my wife is hyperalgesics. So it won't pain much, right." He asked worried for his wife.

"Umm... Sir, we have operated her. She has stitches so definitely it pain. But if you say, I'll prescribe some heavy doses of medicine so that she gets enough sleep and thus she won't feel much pain." The doctor suggested.

"Please Doctor, do that. And thank you so much."

"Don't mention. It's my duty." Abhay shook his hand with the doctor and after taking the discharge papers.

Abhay walked out of the doctor's cabin and took a deep breath preparing himself.

Now the task in hand was to face Simran. Though, he was excited to meet her when he got to know that she was in a conscious state. But all his excitement flew away as he reached the hospital.

He was happy and relieved that she was fine now but at the same time he was feeling guilty what if she would be mad at him for not picking up her calls. What would he say that he was busy. It sounds so ridiculous.

Moreover, he was nervous as now he has realised his feelings for her. He wanted to be appeared as a perfect man in her eyes. But what if he did something stupid. Don't know where His realisation is going to lead him.

That's it for now!!!

Please do vote and comment 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Doodles ❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 4K 21
you know no that today is our wedding night and If I want, I can do anything with you, my dear wife." She looks at him angrily at his words. " Well...
637K 34.1K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
4.4M 229K 151
❤️ Completed ❤️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...
252K 11K 76
*************************************** He is cruel but he has a heart!! She is kind but misunderstood!! He is like fire!! She is like rain!! He is c...