I found my peace♡

Por nerdywriter88

This story is about two individuals, Alessandro and Evelyn who are different in nature and were bought up in... Más

CHARACTERS
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

499 49 14
Por nerdywriter88

Anna's pov

Finally! Today is this lucky day when I'll be meeting Alessandro after one week of his arrival. After waiting for one whole week, today I'm going to meet him. *Happy sighs*

All this week, I tried my best to meet him but Alessandro's motherfucking PA, Nickolas kept on declining my wish saying that Alessandro is busy, he don't want to get disturbed and all those shits.

But today, Nickolas has taken a day off because he is sick. I think he should always be sick. Bloody motherfucking bastard.

*Sighs*

Anyway, I don't want to ruin my mood by thinking about him. Today, I have to meet Alessandro and for that, I need positivity.

Giving a last glance to myself in mirror, I came out of washroom and made my way towards the elevator. Pressing the button, I waited for the elevator to stop at Alessandro's floor.

In the meantime, I suddenly felt nervous and excited, both at the same time. I don't know how he is going to react. What if he rejects me? No. No. Be positive, Anna.

What if he already have a girlfriend? Alessandro is a very private person. He hardly talks about his personal life. I don't know if he has already someone in his life or not. But whatever it is, I'm determined to find out. And even if he have someone in his life, I'll remove that person from his life. *Smirk*

I came out of my thoughts when the elevator stopped at its destination. Taking a deep breath, I came out of the elevator and started to make my way towards his cabin when someone stopped me. I groaned angrily and turned back to see that Eric Winston has stopped me.

Eric. He is Alessandro's cousin and he is working under Nickolas, Alessandro's PA. I wonder, why?

But not gonna lie, Eric is a very good looking man. He has got looks like a model. His style is just wow. Only problem is that he is not that famous. Huh!

"Who are you and where do you think you are going?" I heard his voice and mentally rolled my eyes but still managed to smile.

"I'm Anna white and I work here as an intern. Mr Paul has sent me here to give these files to mr Alessandro winston" I lied smoothly.

Eric raised his one eyebrow in suspension looking so that I suddenly felt excitement all over my body. Not gonna lie but Eric is looking like a nice one night stand material. Gotta ask him soon.

"I just met Mr Paul and he didn't informed me anything about your visit" Eric said narrowing his gaze to which I looked down in embarrassment.

Damn!

"You are here to see my brother, don't you?" I looked up at him in surprise. Eric smirked at my reaction and came a little close to me.

"Ever since I have been working here, I have seen you constantly trying to come and meet my brother but his asssole of a PA is stopping you, no?" Eric asked with a small smirk and came a little too much close to me making me stop breathing for a second. He smells so good.

I couldn't form a word and nodded causing his smirk to widen some more.

"I wouldn't have stopped you but unfortunately my brother is in a very bad mood today. I don't think you should meet him today" Eric said moving away from me to which I gave him a stare.

"Why? What happened?" I asked him in a slow voice to which he shrugged his shoulders.

"Erm.. I won't trouble him. I'll just show him these files and leave" I said battling my eyelashes to which he smirked a little.

"I won't stop you if you really want to go in a lion's den. I'll just say, be careful" Eric smirked at me and moved away from my way. Thanking him, I made my way towards Alessandro's cabin.

Alessandro Winston. I caressed the nameplate outside his cabin and breathed heavily. Finally.

I knocked the door but didn't heard his permission to enter. Twisting my lips in irritation, I again knocked the door but this time a little loudly.

"Come in" I flinched hearing an angry voice from inside.

Taking a deep breath, I entered inside his cabin only to see him typing something furiously on his laptop.

Damn. He is so damn handsome. I can't wait to make him mine and only mine.

"S-sir" I said in a slow voice and walked towards his table to which he looked up at me with his beautiful brown eyes which are filled with anger.

Shit.

"What?" He almost yelled at me and I suddenly felt scared.

"I- i- I'm... Ann-"

"Stop fucking wasting my time. Just say the work and leave" Tears pooled in my eyes when Alessandro again yelled at me.

"M- mr Paul has sent me here to show you these files" I managed to say, even though I felt like crying.

"Give me the files" Alessandro said forwarding his hands. I quickly sent him those files.

RIP Mr Paul. Now he is gonna fire both of us.

"What the fuck? I have already seen these files. Why are you here with them?" Alessandro asked glaring at me to which I shivered.

"I - i-" I stammered in fear and tried to give him an excuse but before I could have said anything, someone knocked the door.

"Come in" Again, Alessandro yelled.

Soon, Eric entered inside the cabin and smirked a little when he saw my face.

"Sir, you have a meeting with Parkar's in one hour" Eric said and suddenly there was a slight change in Alessandro's face but he quickly covered up and nodded at him.

"Eric, I guess I told you that I don't want to get disturbed for a while then why is she here that too with the files which I have already checked a day before" Alessandro asked and I closed my eyes in fear.

Now, I'm going to get fired.

"Erm.. I'm sorry, sir. When Miss white was coming here to meet you, she bumped with me and our files got exchanged. These are the files which Mr Paul has sent for you" Eric said forwarding two files towards Alessandro.

I widened my eyes in shock and looked at Eric who was smirking at me. I once again looked at Alessandro and this time he looked a little calm.

"You can go now" Alessandro said looking at me to which I nodded and left the cabin.

What was that?

I was busy with my thoughts when I heard footsteps approaching me. Turning back, I found Eric walking towards me.

"You should have taken my warning seriously, Miss white" Eric said in a playful voice causing me to look away in embarrassment.

"Relax beautiful. You are not the only person who have faced his wrath. In fact, you are lucky that he didn't treat you the way he treats other. He was way too calm today or else you would have pissed your pants" Eric smirked a little.

"T- thank you for saving me" I muttered after a while.

"Your welcome but I didn't save you for a mere thank you of yours" Eric said in a very serious tone to which I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Well, everyone has a price, Anna. Nothing is free here, not even a help" Eric said smiling wickedly at me.

"What do you want?" I asked suddenly feeling conscious.

"Spend a night with me, tonight" Eric said coming a little close to me and started to play with the strands of my hairs.

"I would love that" I said and suddenly I felt a smile forming on my lips. Eric smirked at my reaction and now he started to rub his thumb on my lower lip.

"Great. I'll text you the address" I nodded at him but then frowned.

"How? You don't have my number" I said frowning a little.

"Yeah but the department have your number. Don't worry" Eric said and leaned forward to peck my lips.

"I can't wait to have you" Eric said pecking my lips again and then moved away.

"You should leave now. My brother is going to be here soon. You don't want to get fired now, do you?" I nodded my head at Eric and left the place.

*Sighs*

Yes, it's true that I want Alessandro to be mine but what's wrong in sleeping with Eric. I mean as of now, Alessandro and I, are not dating so I can fuck anyone. But once we start to date, I won't even look at other guys, not even Eric.

I smirked at my thoughts and went to my cubicle to finish my work asap. Afterall, today I have a special person to meet. *Happy sighs*

Evelyn's pov

Life always gives you some moments where you regret your own decisions and that's what happening with me.

Today, I'm regretting my own decision of working on my dad's firm. I should have worked in some other firms. My life would have been more simple unlike now.

Want to know what happened? *Sighs* I was working silently in my cubicle when my brother Liam came and literally threw me out saying that he want me to go and get signatures from my cousin Ryan. See, I don't have any problem with the work which he assigns me but the problem is that he literally dragged me outside the building as if I'm some kind of intruder.

And then there is this Ryan who has gone for almost two hours. I'm in his office, waiting for him for almost two hours but he is still not here. His PA says that he will be back soon but it has been two hours now. He is not even taking my phone and when I tried to call Liam, his secretary received the call and replied that Liam is in an important meeting and will talk to me after finishing the meeting.

Getting irritated with the situation, I once again tried to call Ryan but he didn't answered the call.

That's it, now.

I got up from my seat and started to walk away when Ryan's PA stopped me.

"Miss parkar, where are you going?" I heard Juliana's voice and sighed.

"I am leaving" I said in an irritated voice to which her eyes widened in fear.

"You can't leave, miss parkar" She said abruptly to which I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I- I mean, Ryan sir will fire me if you leave. Please stay for some more time" She said in a pleading voice.

"But where is he?" I asked in an irritated voice.

"He is on his way" Juliana replied calmly.

"Juliana, you're saying this same thing from two hours and Ryan is still not here" I said in a tired voice to which she nodded.

"Miss parkar, I'm sorry for the mess but please don't go. Ryan sir is coming soon" I nodded at her and went back to the waiting area.

*Sighs*

I hate Liam and Ryan too. Idiots. I groaned in anger and started to scroll through my phone when one of my friend from office, Becky messaged me, asking about my whereabouts.

"Am at Ryan's office" I messaged her.

"Why?" Came her question.

"Liam want Ryan's signatures in some files" I typed the message furiously.

"Huh?"

"What?" I text back.

"Are you dumb or are you dumb? Ryan is here and you are in his office for signatures?" I frowned at her reply and decided to call her which she is picked almost immediately.

"Ryan is in our office?" I asked directly to which she hummed.

"Yep" I frowned hearing that from her.

"How is that possible?" I asked scratching my head to which Becky groaned from the other side.

"You don't trust me? Wait, I'll give you proof" Saying so, she ended the call making me frown some more.

But soon enough, my phone dinged with her message. When I opened the message, I found a picture.

Wtf!

Ryan and Liam are sitting together discussing something with Dad and Alessandro? Alessandro is in our office?

"Ev, try to understand. That man is not good. You should stay away from him"

Oh.

Now, I understand what's really happening. My sweet brother Liam sent me here so that Alessandro and I, don't see each other. And he added Ryan in this plan as well. Not to forget, Ryan's PA too. Nice!

"Now, you believe me?" I saw Becky's message and reacted with a thumb emoji.

Liam has seriously gone mad. He wasted my time because of this silly thing. Idiot.

I got up from my seat and walked towards Juliana who was working on some file.

"You said Ryan has gone to the meeting but you forgot to mention the location of meeting, my dad's office, no?" I asked her in straight voice to which she looked up at me in shock and fear but still shook her head.

"No- no. He is not there" Juliana said nervously to which I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I have proof that he is in my dad's office. If you want, I can show you" I said to which she sighed.

"I'm sorry, miss parkar. Ryan sir ordered me to not to let you leave until he comes back" She muttered looking down.

Idiot.

"Why?" I asked her even though I knew the answer.

"I don't know about the reason, miss parkar" I narrowed my gaze at her to which she gulped a little.

"I swear miss parkar, I don't know about the reason. He just told me to not to let you go away until he come back" I nodded at her.

"Can I leave now?" I asked after a while to which she shook her head at me.

"Please don't or else I'll be fired from my job. Ryan sir is heartless when it comes to firing people. Please, miss parkar" I nodded at her.

Well, she is right. Ryan is way too cruel as a boss. He fire people like anything. And Juliana is one of the most hardworking employee I have ever seen. I won't be happy if she'll get fired.

*Sighs*

"Okay, fine" Saying so I went back to my previous place.

One hour later

"Ev" Hearing Ryan's voice, I looked up from my phone. There stood Ryan in all his glory.

"Hi sister" Ryan came and side hugged me but I didn't hugged him back.

"I'm so sorry that I got late. Trust me, I tried my best to come back as early as possible but my clients..." Saying so Ryan shook his head at me.

Liar.

"Ev.. Stop giving me these looks. I'm really sorry for making you wait for so long" I rolled my eyes at him and passed the files to him.

He smiled a little and settled himself in one of the couch. I sat myself in front of him and kept glaring him.

"How was your meeting?" I asked glaring at him.

"Good. Everything is set" Ryan replied still reading the file.

"Great" I muttered in a slow voice.

"So, what's decided? How much are you guys investing on Winston's project?" I asked and Ryan looked up at me with wide eyes.

"What? You thought I wouldn't know. Sorry to disappoint you but I have contacts. I know you and Liam fooled me" I said crossing my arms across my chest.

"Ev, listen-"

"Sign these papers so that I can leave" I said without letting him talk.

Well, I know I shouldn't cut someone when they are talking but right now I'm way too angry to care about manners.

"Ev"

"Sign them. Your dearest brother Liam has a lot to explain" I said angrily to which he sighed.

"Ev. Sweetheart, I'm sorry. I didn't wanted to do that but Liam forced me" I ignored his apology.

"You could have informed me but no you decided to go ahead with Liam to fool me" I said glaring at him.

"I didn't wanted to" I rolled my eyes at that.

"Dad and Aaron are aware of this drama?" I asked him to which he shook his head.

"No. They don't even know that you were here" I nodded at him.

"Can you please sign them soon. I want to go back to my workplace" I said but this time in a calm tone.

Ryan nodded at me and finally signed those papers.

Taking the files from his hand, I left the place but not before giving him a hug. C'mon, I'm not that heartless who'll ignore someone's apology. But I'm definitely going to give a hard time to Liam. He is not going to get my forgiveness anytime soon.

*Sighs*

When I reached the parking lot, my phone started to ring. I know who it is.

Liam's calling.

I declined the call and settled myself inside the car. Again my phone ringed with his name and again I declined his call.

Liam has gone too far now. Okay, I understand that he dislikes Alessandro and he wants me to stay away from him but what was the need of creating this fuss.

Again my phone ringed with his name. But this time, I decided to take his call.

"What?" I asked once I received the call.

"Um... Ev, where are you?" He asked to which I rolled my eyes.

"Ryan didn't called you?" I asked sarcastically and heard him groan.

"I- I am sorry" I heard his apology.

"For what? Have you done something wrong, Liam?" I asked sarcastically.

"Ev, I know I shouldn't have done that but this was the only option left for me" Hearing his idiotic excuse, I got more furious.

"You are impossible, Liam. I don't want to talk to you anymore" Saying so, I ended the call and looked outside the car window in anger.

In the meantime, my phone ranged with his name but I switched off my phone in anger. He can't get away with everything just like that. He have to face the circumstances. I won't forgive him now. Huh!

Precap: "Ev, Why were you dancing with Alessandro?" Liam asked, his eyes red in anger causing me to take a step back from him in fear.

_______________

I hope you guys liked this chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comment. And do share this story with your friends and family and don't forget to read my other books 'Our lost princess' and 'His replaced bride' as well.

Thank you (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

7.4K 128 14
Azalea's and Alessandro's story💗 Azalea is the quite girl who lives in The States. Even though she is a Russian mafia princess, her life is quite...
477 88 27
It's an ongoing book and it's a weekly update business so please, please and please be patient with me. Sephora lived the last couple of years in a...
25.4K 530 23
Welcome to book two of Alessandro!✨ Where we left off in book one....🙃 Suddenly, I hear footsteps approaching, and my entire body freezes. God, I re...
42K 1.2K 35
A woman of virtue and independence. A member of one of the richest families in California. A multi-million dollar business owner. A physician at one...