Infinitely Attracted

By selectivelySocial_JM

"How can you kiss my sister?" Avantika came near them and asked with her hands on his hips. Little angry at w... More

01 | No show
02 | To Mylapore
03 | First Touch
04 | Demands & Past
05 | Flashback
06 | Chennai to Coimbatore
07 | eyes on her
09 | R for?
10 | Family Dinner
11 | Adamant Raghu
12 | Stubborn Advika
13 | All is well
14 | Engaged
15 | Quality Time
16 | Broken Heart
17 | Advika Raghunath
18 | Ignorance
19 | Patch up
20 | Happy Moments
21 | Epilogue

08 | Silent Speaker

910 79 58
By selectivelySocial_JM

Avantika who tried to go along with Raghu and Advika was stopped by Ashwath's voice.

"In which college are you studying?" asked Ashwath , making Avantika halt abruptly.

He clearly understood what her intention was and tried to distract her from their privacy.

She turned around facing the guests.

"ohh.. we almost forgot about your younger daughter. What are you studying?" asked his parents.

Feeling no other go and tied up to the same spot, Avantika had no option than answering their questions with a smiling face.

But deep in her heart, she was worried about her sister who is an innocent soul. She sensed Raghu might even go too far by the way he was looking at her.

For each of her answer,Ashwath gave sarcasm replies like
' ahaaan.. ohh ... oh oh'.

Vanaja looked at him.Ashwath went silent.

Vasundhara slightly bet Ashwath on his thighs. He was now sitting beside Vasundhara.

In a low voice, Vasundhara spoke, " if you tease like this in front of her parents, they would definitely  not think of considering you for Avantika on future"

Ashwath looked at her in shock.
"Shock  ka Kora. Shock ka Kora. Nee ivlo smart ah dress panindu Adam pudichu varambodhe theriyum"

(Come out of your shock. I know when you got ready stylishly and wantedly joined us for the meet)

Ashwath smiled cheekily and sat silent.

Vanaja distributed sweets and snacks to the guests. 

While they were talking, Ramamoorthy looked at Vanaja who gave him a knowing look. He understood what her thought was.

With this much years of bonding and love, he understood what is going on in her mind but was skeptical to ask.

That is when he remembered that they have not told about Advika's stammering issues.

They have not seen Raghu speak not even utter a single word. He stood up and just by his looks at them , his parents understood what he wanted and spoke.

Does this mean they understand his sign language or his actions? Is he a silent speaker? Is that the reason why they had accepted to meet my daughter?

But do they already know that Advika is a stammerer? we have not mentioned in horoscope, then how? Did they enquire about her to anyone?

So many thoughts ran in to the parents mind. They were little hesitant to accept a groom who can't speak. That is when they realized the same would be for others to accept Advika.

Still considering Advika's case when compared to Raghu, she could speak and that is much more better, is what her parents thought.

Ramamoorthy then decided not to come to a conclusion without knowing the facts and put others in difficult situation, and hence pushed the thoughts.

So far everything is going good, but was worried about what will happen if they come to know about Advika's issue.

But this is something they cannot hide , so finally, after composing himself, he spoke about her stammering issues

"Advika has some stammering problems.. She is not a complete stammerer, but she has the problem sometimes" said her father with a slight hesitation,  hoping they would say something about Raghu as well if in case he has any problems.

Raghu's parents did not utter any word. Ashwath was little shocked and looked at his parents to see what they say.

Seeing his reaction, Avantika was in full form to shout at the guests if they dare to speak anything about her sister.

After a small pause, Sivaraman said they are ok with it and should not be a problem.

Ramamoorthy: "Please don't mistake us for saying this. We earlier saw one alliance and the same thing is what they too told. We even proceeded with the engagement preparations, but they asked more dowry stating her stammering issues. So we called it a quit."

Vanaja : "we feel hurt. Eespecially Advika when they pin point about her issues after saying they are completely ok with it. We are saying all this in advance to be transparent of all and avoid any future problems because of this"

Sivaraman : "you don't need to worry about that at all. We wont talk anything about it and neither our son. Dowry is a strict no from our side. I have not got the dowry even for my marriage"

Ramamoorthy: "its good to hear that. But as a father I have some responsibilities and will do whatever I can for my daughter. Will see if our children are ok with proceeding further. Then we can discuss other things"

Advika's parents were elated hearing what Raghu's parents told. But they don't want to conclude anything for now.  They still had a fear about Raghu. What if Raghu is a silent speaker?

~~~~~

Advika entered in to her room and welcomed Raghu as well. She gestured him to sit on the bed but he stood there without moving. She turned to see the bed with some inner wears and dupattas.

"sss. sso... sorry.. " Facepalming herself she ran quickly to hide them in to her closet while mentally scolding her sister for this. Grabbing the chair near her study table she placed it near him and gestured him to sit.

"take... your.... seat..."

Raghu gently pushed the chair aside and with one quick swift jump sat on the study table with legs down after checking its durability.

Advika gave a weird look at him wondering why he wanted to sit on the table rather than the chair.

He raised his eyebrows asking her what? Coming back to the senses, she decided to initiate the conversation about her past love and one side love but felt super nervous with the way he was looking at her.

He remained silent as usual, for her to talk while tapping his fingers on the table.

He was tapping in a rhythm. Advika's feet started to tap according to his rhythm.

Seeing her feet tap he stopped his beat. Only then Advika looked at him.

She mentally scolded herself for whatever she was doing. She decided to open about her past love.

"I... I... wa... wa.... wa... want... tttoo...te...te... telll" she stammered a lot due to her nervousness and anxiety.

To handle this situation, she has prepared well in advance , by typing the details of what she wanted to convey in the notes app.

She searched for her mobile and found it near his left hand on the table. Moving near him, she took her phone and unlocked it.

When she was about to open the notes app, he snatched the phone from her hand making her look at him.

He understood that she does not remember him.

Advika looked at him with a small parted lips on a bewildered face. In the next second, he grabbed her hands and made her stand in front of him.

"Speak" he said in a manly voice.

Was she thinking how to start or awestruck by hearing his manly mesmerizing voice? only she and God knows. Seeing him look at her without taking his eyes off, she lowered her gaze and caught hold of her pallu.

She felt little happy that he asked her to speak even after knowing she stammers a lot.

While she was fiddling with the pallu(end part of her saree) out of nervousness , Raghu grabbed both of her hands again and pulled her towards him which made her forehead almost hit his chest.

Quickly lifting her head from his chest she looked up to see him and took a step backwards.

But he caged her by circling with his legs while his hand were resting on the table. Raghu gave a teasing look at her.

Seeing her give him a stern look, he caught her left hand and caressed her wrist which was holding the bracelet. It had a symbol R as a small pendant to it.

Advika remembered her mother shouting at her for wearing the bracelet today as it did not go well with her attire.

She removed it but later on felt her hands were incomplete without her favourite bracelet. Hence she wore it at the last minute by removing the bangles on one hand.

Vanaja was quick enough to notice her bracelet when she was coming downstairs and gave a sharp pointed look at her for not obeying.

In order to escape from the angry look of her mother, she went and stood beside her father holding him.

While Advika was immersed in her thoughts about bracelet, she was brought back from the reverie by the small pinch made by Raghu on her left wrist.

He tilted his head slightly towards his right with a question face asking what R is meant for. His eye sight was fixed straight on her eyes and lips alternatively , eager to know what her reply would be.

" app...paaa... Ra .. Ra... Rama... RamaMoorthy" Advika understood his face reaction and replied hesitatingly.

He shaked his head  indicating he does not accept that answer. She did not know why he was asking it.

Raghu raised his eyebrows again with a face waiting for her to tell the truth. He pulled her closer towards him, this time by his legs.

Advika got irritated with his behavior and removed her hands from him. She pushed both his legs down thus releasing her from his hold and turned to walk towards the door.

Raghu quickly got down from the table. With two big strides he caught her blouse tag and pulled her backwards.

She felt her body shiver when his fingers brushed her back which was not covered by blouse.

Her heart started to beat fast, more than before as she sensed his close proximity.

He was standing very close behind her with his hands on his pockets. He leaned towards her left ear.

The mild rosewood cologne from him occupied her nostrils taking her to a different world.

His hot breath near her ears indeed made her lose sense for a moment and closed her eyes involuntarily.

She did not know why his smallest of actions affect her so much.

More than his lips touching her ears, the words his mouth uttered made her eyes widen very big as if her pupils would come out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"apdi enna solripan??? ( what he would have said??)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 1.9K 21
Enter the world of 'The Reluctant Union' where duty and expectations clash with unexpected emotions. Aarush Rathore wasn't keen on getting married, b...
22.2K 1.3K 39
Both were lost in each other's eyes when he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her towards himself. She collided with his chest and put her p...
12.8K 2.1K 14
Love can be in any form? Of course, It does. It was 1899 Anika was five, Shivaay was seven but Anika's husband Chandrajit was 25. She got married wh...
148 0 13
"Your eyes, they are more expressive than you let yourselves," he said. His soft tone piercing my heart. I know my face is still impassive yet my he...