Secrets Of The Deep

Oleh Richiebanks446

Disoriented and heartbroken, Doris sought refuge in a bar to drown her sorrows. She struggled to comprehend w... Lebih Banyak

A night of destruction
Lemuria, an underwater kingdom
The shadow chamber
Broken into a thousand piece
A beautiful blonde damsel
Please, fulfill that wish for me
The dead can't be brought back to life
You are my next target
A jaw-dropping secret
A human is in love with you?
A shaky grand welcome
Death is the only option for you
The devotion of Kanaloa
The rules of love
A special drink for a special night
The intense search for Bobby
To keep our secret...
The key to unlock mysteries
You are my wife, not someone else's
Chosen among thousands
The height of jealousy
An inescapable death
My missing husband
Love comes with an affection
The heart-shattering past
A fatal counter attack
An unexpected individual
The real mastermind
Confessing the yearned truth
The Abyss
An unraveled secret
A traitor in disguise
Mandy!!!
Entering the realm of death

My heart belongs to Dylan, not you, Thomas.

7 1 0
Oleh Richiebanks446

Dylan squirms out of the hug, a look of anticipation on his face. "What's going on?" Doris asks, her eyes shining with curiosity. "Just curious," he answers with a playful grin before turning to leave. But as he tries to walk away, Doris grabs his wrist, sending a jolt of electricity through his body. He can't help but smile, feeling a strong connection to every touch of hers.

"Tomorrow is Mom's birthday, but she doesn't like to celebrate it," says Doris. Dylan is curious and asks why. Doris doesn't know the answer, but Dylan thinks that something may have happened in her childhood that she can't remember. Suddenly, Dylan has an idea. "Do you have any old pictures in the house, like ones of when you were very young?" he asks. Doris says that she doesn't know, as her mom never allowed her to see them, but she remembers that there might be some in the storeroom if Dylan checks it well.

"What do you want to use that for?" she asked when Dylan stood up. "I want to plan a picture-perfect birthday surprise for Mandy and throw her a surprise party. She will love it," Dylan tried to reason with Doris.

"I trust you; anything you say, I will do," Doris said with a smile, as Dylan lost himself in thought. "Happy birthday in advance, Mandy. I just hope I don't find those photos because if I do, you will get your best birthday surprise ever," he thought.

*******
Dylan and Marvin crept into the dusty storeroom, their eyes scanning for any hidden treasures. Suddenly, their gazes landed on a pile of old books and picture albums. Without wasting any time, they dashed towards the pile, eager to inspect the contents. Dylan's nimble fingers flipped open one of the albums he had grabbed, and his eyes were immediately drawn to a collection of faded photographs. "Look at this, Marvin. Every single one of these pictures is of Doris and Mandy. It's weird though, there aren't any baby photos of Doris," Dylan said, his forehead crinkling with confusion.

Meanwhile, Marvin had found a wedding album and was flipping through its pages. "Look at this, Dylan," he said excitedly. "There's not a single photo of the wedding in this album!"

Dylan's disappointment was visible on his face as he and his brother continued to search through the shelves in front of them. Suddenly, Dylan turned towards a cupboard to his right and walked over to it. He opened the cupboard and found a single photo lying on the lower shelf. He picked it up and saw that it was a picture of Bobby and a woman hugging each other. Dylan was shocked and immediately called Marvin. He showed him the photo and asked if the woman could be the one singing a lullaby. Marvin was amused and said that it was possible. Dylan then asked Marvin to take him to the place where Mandy had gone to meet the woman, with an evil smirk on his face.

"Sure, why not?" Marvin replies. "But what are you planning to do with it?" he asks. "It's a birthday gift for Mandy, but we have to go there first," he answers. "And what's in the birthday gift?" Marvin asks. "Happy birthday, Mandy. You'll receive a special birthday package that you'll remember for the rest of your life. And as for the birthday wish..." he answers with a triumphant smirk.

THE NEXT MORNING
As Doris and Dylan descend the stairs, they are greeted by Mandy and Sonya, who have come to visit. "Happy birthday, Mom!" Doris exclaims, hugging Mandy with excitement. "Happy birthday, Mother-in-law. I wish you a long life and prosperity," adds Dylan, sporting a mischievous grin as he embraces Mandy. "Doris, since today is your mother's birthday, you should host a party," advises Sonya. "Absolutely, we'll throw a party that will leave everyone stunned. Right, Doris?" Dylan says, prompting a response.

"Absolutely. He is right. He slept a little because he kept planning for your big day. I want to spend the whole day with you but I have to go somewhere." Doris said and the look on Mandy's face said it all. Mandy knew Dylan would never plan something nice for her. "Due to the nature of my work, I have been attacked many times. That is why I want to send you all away soon because I don't know what will be their next move" Doris says worried about her family.

"Of course, because of your blindness, you are unaware of what the villainous cabal is up to. The cabal's leader is seated right beside you, and your dear husband, whom you trust so much, is a merman. He cannot reveal his identity to you, nor can he tell you that I am the real mastermind behind the cabal. It's ironic," a series of wild thoughts run through Mandy's head, and then she speaks up, "No, that can't be true."

"Why can't that happen" Doris asks concerned. "I mean to say it won't happen. We will stay here and live like the happy family we are", she blinks slowly before she continues. "And if you want to leave so bad, I will come to say goodbye to you", Mandy adds straightening her posture on the seat and a little mischievous smile on her lips.

Dylan fully understands what Mandy meant by '... leave and I will come to say goodbye to you'. She was wishing Doris dead but Dylan knows he won't let that happen. Marvin walks in with the cake in his hands, he quietly drops it on the table. "Ma'am, this cake was made by Dylan", Marvin says and Mandy enters her world of thinking again. "Is he going to kill me? Why did he prepare a cake for me by himself? Has he added poison to it?", she thought. "Doris and Dylan made the cake for you with so much love in their heart" Marvin concludes his words and Mandy's heart stops racing.

Dylan moves closer to the cake and says, "Mother, won't you have a piece of this cake I made with so much love?" He has a little grin on his face. Mandy doesn't respond but stays there. Dylan then cuts a piece of the cake and offers it to Mandy, saying, "Your cake, Mom." He stands in front of Mandy, but she hesitates to collect the cake from Dylan. Doris urges Mandy to eat the cake, saying, "Mom, just eat the cake. Don't make me feel sad."

Mandy reluctantly stands up. The group sings a happy birthday song for Mandy. During the song, Mandy and Dylan maintain eye contact, glaring at each other and showing the hate they have for each other from the people around them. Mandy thinks to herself, "Is Dylan playing the same trick I am using on him?"

After the song, Dylan asks Mandy his mother-in-law, "Will you eat your cake now?" He stretches his hands to give Mandy the cake, and her heartbeat races a thousand times per minute.

"Mother, I am not a snake that would bear its fangs and poison this cake. Why are you taking so long to eat it? Come on, eat it quickly," Dylan says in a firm and cold tone. "Dylan, what nonsense are you talking about? Such things don't happen between mother-in-laws and son-in-laws. Isn't that right, Mother?" Dylan asks Mandy, who nods in agreement. "Calling me a snake and all that... Is that what you call 'such things'? Mom, Dylan is just joking around, don't mind him. He might be saying all that because of the stress he's been through. Maybe he's just tired," Doris tries to persuade Mandy to eat the cake quickly. Mandy's hands shake visibly as the cake moves closer to her mouth.

After seeing the amount of hesitation and fear in Mandy, Dylan takes the cake from her and takes a bite. "Yummy!" Dylan exclaims. "Look, there is no poison in it. Do you doubt me, or do you think I have poison in me?" Dylan asks. "Poison? No, it's just that I'm a little shocked. I haven't celebrated my birthday in years, so I feel a bit overwhelmed," Mandy quickly defends herself.

Mandy is trying to avoid eating the cake. She spots her husband Bobby on his way to the living room and asks him to taste it first, saying it's her birthday cake and she hasn't celebrated in a year. Dylan, who is with them, realizes what she is doing. However, Bobby refuses and says he will go outside for some fresh air instead. Mandy suggests he stay inside and use the air conditioner, but Bobby insists on getting natural air and leaves the house.

Doris eagerly approaches Mandy with a slice of cake, hoping to share the delicious treat with her. However, Mandy hesitates, knowing that she shouldn't indulge in the cake made by Dylan. As Doris extends her hand with the cake, Mandy musters up the courage to politely decline, despite her disappointment. "I appreciate your kind gesture, Doris, but I have to prioritize my health. You all enjoy the cake without me," Mandy says, pouting a little. It's never easy to turn down a tempting dessert, but Mandy knows that her well-being comes first.

"Okay, Mom," Doris replied. "Mandy, I was hoping to personally feed you a piece of cake, but you managed to avoid it. Don't worry, though. I promise to feed you cake with my own hands at the party today," Dylan said to Mandy, who responded with a frown. "And when I say 'cake,' I'm referring to your birthday present, which I've kept specially for you. It'll create chaos in your life," Dylan thought with a smile on his face. "Before you surprise me with the biggest surprise of my life, I'll counter your attack. If you're fire, I'm water," Mandy thought.

"Mandy, are you ready for today's surprise?" Dylan asked. Mandy thought about the merman's game and a series of negative thoughts followed.

**********
Marvin swims into the underwater palace and bows as he greets Queen Pela, who is sitting on the throne. "Your Highness, you summoned me. May I ask why?" he inquires. Queen Pela responds, "Why do you keep asking why? That is a foolish question, and you are in no position to ask me that. Have you accomplished the mission I assigned to you? No, right? So why question why I called you back? Marvin be careful, do not pass your boundary or else the inevitable will happen. Her voice is cold and strong. "Yes, mother. I was doing that and I was doing more than what you asked me before. I cannot continue anymore, Dylan has not offended me. Why should I kill him?", Marvin asks concerned about Dylan. "Didn't he kill your father?", Pela fires. "He didn't. His father did it, not him. Dylan is not at fault here, even this issue had happened long before he was born so why should he suffer for it?", Marvin asks her.

Queen Pela becomes enraged as Marvin talks incessantly in a buoyant manner. "He is the son of the person who killed your father," Pela exclaims. "Dylan is the son of the man who killed your father and since his father is no longer alive, I will make him pay. For two thousand years, I have sought revenge and I will not back down, regardless of the circumstances," she clarifies her motive, while Marvin deliberately avoids eye contact, concealing his sadness.

"Mother, I won't let you do anything to Dylan. If you try to do anything to him and I find out, I won't spare you", Marvin warms Pela sternly. Queen Pela chuckles a little, "Really? You will now side with that outcast and not support mw your mother? What do you think you are doing?", she says clutching her chest, tightening the grip of her dress. "If that is what you want, do it and I will do things accordingly my way. Tonight itself, I will kill Dylan" Pela said with her voice dominating the entire room. "You will do nothing of such", Marvin warns her. "Watch me," she says as she swims towards the door.

Marvin suddenly appears in front of Dylan. His face is filled with boldness and affection towards her. He warns Queen Pela that he will tell Dylan everything about her before anything is done to Dylan. However, Queen Pela stops Marvin and tells him that if he wants to reveal everything, he must also tell Dylan about himself and explain why he followed him to the palace. Queen Pela adds that no lies should be told and everything should be explained in detail. Marvin remains silent, fuming with anger.
******

DORIS' POV

"I will use all my resources to find out what the villainous cabal is planning," I assure Dr. James Williams, the commissioner of armed forces. "No matter what, I will uncover their secrets and determine their motives."

"We don't even know why they want to kill you, so please be careful," he warns me.

"I will do my best to stay safe. However, the villainous cabal is very cunning and we have not been able to find any leads. They are doing everything they can to conceal their identity," I explain. Dr. Williams straightens his posture and settles back into his seat.

"I want you to know that the responsibility to act is yours, not mine. I will provide you with any assistance that I can, but the task at hand is yours to complete. Unfortunately, I cannot trust anyone else, not even my best friend, Dr. Victor Osaworomen, who was a part of this without my knowledge. I trust you because of our past relationship, and I urge you to do your best to bring them to justice," he said with a heavy heart. It must have been difficult for him to realize that his best friend had been lying to him all along.

I take a sip of wine to relax for a moment. After a brief pause, I speak up and say, "I will do my very best, sir. I assure you." I then pick up my bag and prepare to leave. "Goodbye, sir," I say, to which he nods in response.

I left the hotel and looked around to make sure that I wasn't being followed. I walked quickly to get away from the area when suddenly someone grabbed me. I felt a cold hand on my skin and my throat immediately became dry. My body shivered and my mind raced, but something about the touch felt familiar. I decided to turn and see who it was that had stopped me. I slightly moved my legs and body to get a better look.

My legs hurt and my eyes widened as I saw Thomas standing in front of me. I was surprised to see him there and wondered what he was doing. Suddenly, he waved his hand in front of my face to snap me out of my thoughts. This made me angry and I asked him what his problem was. I wanted to know why he was following me and if he would let me live my life in peace. Before I could finish speaking, Thomas interrupted me.

"Stop! I said stop. What is your problem? If you keep bombarding me with questions, which one will I answer between all of them? So baby calm down and ask me a question after another" he says with a smile. "I don't have anything to ask you. Just leave me alone and let me continue to live my life. You... you...", I tried to talk but I couldn't find the right words. "You... you... you what? Can't you find the right words?", he asks but I refuse to give him an answer. "Baby, come on ask me whatever you want to ask. I seriously want us to be together again. "I am not happy with Emily, and I am sure you are not happy with Dylan. Let's come back together and create a small world of our own. Please come back to your senses and remember that you love me," he said. For a moment, my heart sank after hearing his touching words. I started wondering if he was the one I loved or if it was Dylan. However, I couldn't help but feel something else in his words.

No this can't be happening. "I don't love you. You are claiming not to be happy with Emily now when you were with me, I wasn't enough for you then you chose Maranatha, my friend and when you saw that she was not good for you, you came back to me pretending you were sorry bout the mistake you made but why do I have faith in you that a lowly man like you can change his colors. In other words, you are a chameleon. You will never change, you will never find peace with anyone, you will never contend with any woman you get in your life, you will not be satisfied with any woman who loves you and that is why your nostrils are flawed and that vein in your forehead is about to pop out simply because the only thing that keeps ringing in your hair is woman. Until the day you get those words out of your head, the taste and satisfaction you derive from women can't be changed. Like father, like son", I say to him and I can see the frown on his face. I know he is very angry at the moment, how about I spice it up a little?

"I gave you a chance when I thought you were worthy of me. But it turns out that you were never worthy of me, and you never will be. I'm a special being, one of a kind, and I'll never return to you," I say to him with a smirk on my face. Suddenly, he grips me tightly, his eyes filled with rage and anger. I want to pay him back tenfold for what he did to me. "How dare you? How dare you, Doris?" he shouts. "What do you mean, 'how dare me'? Are you sure you don't mean to say something else?" I ask, chuckling.

"I don't understand your behavior. Is there a specific reason why you seem to dislike me so much? Why are you being unfair to me?" he asks, attempting to deflect my question. Having spent enough time with this cheater, I know exactly what he's trying to do. "I'm sorry, but I don't love you," I told him, observing the shock on his face. "Furthermore, you're a married man, and I'm a married woman, so it's not appropriate for you to hold me like that," I said, a slight smile appearing on my lips. However, my message to him wasn't finished yet.

"I beg of you, Doris, please come back to me. I know you love me, but you are just pretending. I am confident that I am the only person you love in this world. I understand that you still need some time to think about it, but I promise you this time around, I won't betray you," he says, trying to unleash a smile to convince me.

"I cannot come back to you. What about Emily?" I shout. Slowly, I release myself from his grip, as my words have an impact on him.

"So, you will still stay unmarried to me?" he asks.

"Obviously, I am with Dylan, and I will remain with him for the rest of my life. My fate is in his hands," I say, trying to provoke him more.

"I'm talking to you, but it seems like you're not listening," he says. "That's correct, I'm not listening to you. Your words are useless to me. It's almost evening and I have to go because Dylan is waiting for me," I reply. "Dylan again?! Why is it always Dylan? What does he have that I don't? Am I not handsome, lovable, sexy, and trustworthy? Am I an outcast to you? Am I not a human being?" he shouts while pumping his fist in the air.

"Who says you are a human being? You may be human, but I am not meant for you. I am meant for someone who cherishes and loves me deeply," I let out a sigh of relief. "So that's it. Don't you have any love left for me inside you?" he asked. "My heart belongs to Dylan, not you, Thomas," I said firmly as I started to walk away. "Dylan isn't what you think he is; he is not human," he added, and I paused for a moment. His words echoed in my ears like a church bell, and my stomach tightened slowly. "What do you mean by that?" I asked, my heart beating fast. "May you understand at the right time," he concluded, and then he walked away.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.6K 76 35
People say when you love something, it's hard to stay away no matter what; it could be a deadly disease and you still won't be able to stay away. Fro...
146K 5.6K 34
"I'm back baby doll..for real this time" he whispered seductively. What can possibly happen when you find out that your worse enemy is back in town t...
18M 431K 65
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭...
16.9K 1K 25
"Don't get on my nerves beautiful. Tell me what the fuck did you see in the bathroom?" Thabiso yelled. "Nothing. I swear I saw nothing." Rita was hy...