FLUKE

By weebhead23

Isabella is a normal 13 year old girl who lives in a orphanage with a cruel care taker. Her life has been mi... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22

Chapter-16

182 3 0
By weebhead23

Isabella's (pov)

The day ended pretty well. I made friends and I met my brothers friends even they were little word and they are the definition bullies, no one approached me yet. So it was good. Matteo was driving the car this time considering Marco who was driving life it's the end of the world.

"Do you guys want ice cream? A new ice cream parlor opened at the corner." Marco said out loud.

"The answer always gonna be a yes." Xander said with a smug smile on his face.

Soon the car slowed down near shop and we got out. The fresh air hit my face as I took a long breath. Soon a hand was wrapped around my shoulders and pulled with me it. We four entered the parlor and stood in the line.

Marco was the one standing in the first, he turned around and asked everyone what we wanted. I chose chocolate.

Later we got our ice cream cones with three scoops. If I was alone right now I would have been jumping around in pure excitement. My first time trying an ice cream.

The triplets gobbled the ice creams in minutes whereas mine was even in half way. Don't they get brain freeze.

I followed them outside with one Matteo's arm around me as I was licking the cone. The glass door was in front of me, I raised my hand to push but was beat to it by Matteo.

"Thank you." He nodded his head. I was still licking my ice cream in the car and I was looking out the window, I was so engrossed in the outside world that I didn't knew the ice cream melted and started dripping and fell on my skirt and made my hand wet.

I felt a palm hit the back of my head slightly, it was just a swat. My eyebrows frowned and looked at the culprit to see Xander. He took a tissue and rubbed my hand.

"Complete that or else dad will ground us for letting you eat ice cream during this season." The weather is changing slowly to winter.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Marco brust the door open and we were met with father's face.
"Hey, bambina. How was first day of school? Did you make any friends?" He asked in a sweet voice.

An automatic and genuine smile drew on my face. No one ever asked me how my day was in entire life. People I have been with in my life never really cared about me. Most of them saw existence as a burden.
I nodded enthusiastically. Father chuckled at my response.
"I wanna hear everything about it after you freshen up. Okay?"

Going up the stairs my body froze and my knees buckled and I fell to the ground. A sharp uncontrollable pain in my ankle. How did I forget about the hit!?

Greg hit me and totally forgot about it and ran around the ground like freaking maniac. It must be really worse now.

"Bella?" I heard a deep voice behind me. I turn around to see Lorenzo looking down at me with a scowl. "What happened? Are you hurt?"
He says with urgency and worry. He keeps his phone in his pocket and speed walks and bends to ground. "Let me see." He says and takes my ankle in his hands. Slowly taking the shoes out and slipping the socks off my leg. When his fingers brushed my skin pain radiated and I let a hiss out.

"fratello, è arrivato il carico?"

(brother, did the load arrive?)

A voice behind Lorenzo said. I was surprised it was Alfonzo. He talks rarely like a blue moon.

"What happened?" Both of them say at the same time.
Lorenzo was directed at me and Alfonzo was directed at Lorenzo.

I gave tight lipped smile to Lorenzo "We had a foot ball and I tripped..very bad." Why couldn't I say the truth.

Greg hit me, he did unthinkable things to me, he hit me with a bat and a belt and with a freaking spatula. Why did I lie!? I wanna say it to them. I want to spill all of it. But my brain doesn't allow it.

Soon I was picked up by Lorenzo which caught me off gaurd and i  and he took me to the kitchen and placed me on the counter. When father saw us he smiled at me first but then later he saw my swollen ankle with no shoe.

"What happened?!" He said with an octave high in his voice.

"I tripped when I was playing in school. I didn't tie my lace." I said.
Alfonzo brought an ice pack and placed it gently on my ankle. The coldness sent tingles all over my body and I let out a hiss and gripped the counter.

I know my lie was believable and it was true, their faces were etched with worry but no doubtfulness.

Hehe.

"It's swollen so bad." Alfonzo says.  I nod as I agree with him.
Lorenzo's phone rings and he pulls his phone out of his pocket. His face goes back to emotion less  and answers the call and starts talking in Italian.

He pats my head and kisses my hair and leave. I didn't flinch. I didn't flinch.

"I hit two goals though, I think it's worth the damage." I give  Alfonzo and father a big Cheshire smile and holding my two fingers out.

Alfonzo chuckles in return. "Hold it." He says to me and hands me the bag. I press the ice on my ankle just like how Alfonzo did.

"Would you like to tell how your first has gone?" Father asks me with his eyebrows raised at me. One of his hands has a plate with a sandwich.

Oh sandwich!

He hands me the plate and takes out a chair and sits down it and presses the bag on my ankle.

"I made some friends. Troy, Lisa, Grey, Sandy and Martha. They are super nice and about the game, I hit two goals you know and..."
I proceeded to tell him about my day while eating the sandwich.

I am a person that doesn't really open up to people much because from the day I was born I had no one to share my thoughts or feelings except Vanessa.

I wonder how she's doing?
Father listens to me patiently with a small smile on his face and occasionally chuckling too when he looks at the weird faces I make. Our conversation was interrupted by continuous barking, I turned my head towards it to see Buck running towards us. A smile was drawn on my face automatically. I was about to slid myself off of the counter when father stopped me. 

"Careful! I don't want you to get yourself hurt again." Father says with a stern voice that makes me obey him involuntarily. Buck jumps and sets his two paws on the counter such that his face is parallel to my thigh. I chuckle at his actions and pet his head. 

"Let me change your bandage on your nose." Father says pointing to my nose. I nod my head in return and watch his back as he leaves to get the bandage.  These people really surprise at their care and kindness. 

Back there no one really cared about each other, people would ignore a man dying on the footpath. Seeing all these men giving me attention and looking after me is surprising me. 

I hope they never change and If this goes on I know I will get attached to them and when they get to know I am not worth of their kindness and would eventually leave me like the man dying on the footpath. Father came back and changed the bandage, he was so gentle and smooth while doing it. His eyes with filled with worry the whole time.

                                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After telling father about my first day of school he finally let me go to my room. I realized that I get uncomfortable if talk more than thirty minuets and i guess father has also noticed it he let me go. 

Now I am lying on the bed staring at the ceiling hoping I would not get a nightmare about the caretaker. The door to my room opens and I instantly close my eyes and pretend to sleep. I don't know why I am pretending. I hear heavy footsteps and the scraping of the desk chair. The blanket is tucked near my neck and a soft kiss is placed on my forehead. A hand grabs mine and the persons thumb is soothingly rubbing circles on my hand and another hand is petting my head.

Soon I drift off to sleep my self.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE.SHARE.SUPPORT.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 4.8K 29
This is the story of a girl who is not allowed to go out of the house and have been homeschooled for her whole life. She has only two persons in her...
206K 4.3K 26
Isabella has a screwed up family that causes her nothing but trouble. She's been abused and used all her life by her own mother and brother. But will...
1.6M 39.4K 42
Used to be 'never underestimate the broken' Isabella is a independent, intelligent, food loving fifteen year old with a rocky past. When she's finall...
143K 2.6K 32
Isabella Moretti had been born in Italy with the Moretti's. Her Biological family. But one fateful night her Mum sneaks into her room while she's asl...