Far away

By JahoonPark

Being a professional dancer, you had pride in your own skills. That is why when Halo called you to ask you to... More

Breaking decision
Crew song preparation
Celebrations for the team
The wolfs and its preys
A failure after a failure
Mega crew mission (part 1/2)
Mega crew mission (part 2/2)
Never-ending
Estranged
Confession
Hanging to the end
A new start
Reunion

Turbulence

163 6 0
By JahoonPark

The final results of the class missions have just passed and we ended up in last place... And just as sad as it was, it was kind of expected. We were a group that specialized in battles rather than in choreography. I did have a few experiences in making and dancing choreographies but unfortunately, I was not chosen to take part in any of the classes.

Halo: It is alright guys. To be honest, we all kind of expected it to turn out like this since we all knew that we were more specialized in battle. But no matter what, all of you did a great job in the class missions.

Bora: I agree! I was even impressed by how fast you guys managed to learn the choreography even though your genre is more hip hop. Unnies is the best! Let us look at this on the positive side: now that you guys have the experience in choreography, we can use it in the kpop death match battle and show them that we deserve a spot in the next round and also on top of that avoid going into the elimination battle.

I looked at the unnies as they began to smile a bit and look at each other with more life in their eyes instead of defeat. I don't blame them. It is always not that nice to place last in anything and to be beaten with a big point difference to the second last.

Halo: Thank you, Bora. You are right, we should keep our chin up and show them who the true dancers in this show are. After all, this is called STREET woman fighter.

Yeni: Then shouldn't we have Bora take the lead in this mission? After all, she is the only one here who has experience in making choreographies.

Baby Sleek: Is that fine with you Bora? You don't need to say yes if you don't want to, we don't want to burden you too much.

Bora: It is fine, I did agree to be a part of this crew and also I didn't participate in the class missions so I have to pull my weight somehow. Don't worry, I will make a choreography that is easy or kind of easy for us to dance but hard for 1million to execute right.

Chocol: That is our prodigy! I know that you can do it! I believe in you!

Chocol unnie wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a very tight hug, making me whine and making the rest of the girls laugh at us.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Since I got the chance to take the lead in the choreography this time, I had to take responsibility and pull my weight. That meant using all of the time even out of filming to work on the choreography. It has to be perfect, no less than that, or else it would just be a mess and a secure failure for our team and I couldn't allow myself to let that happen. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and in the dimly lit dance studio as I took a very deep breath and exhaled slowly. You can do this Bora. You can secure a place in the next round with ease. I turned on the songs for the millions of times and listened carefully to every beat of the songs while imagining the possible steps. I noticed the girls entering the room as we had planned to gather together to brainstorm and put some of the choreography together, at least the one that 1million had to copy. I didn't react to them at all but just continued to stress my brain, trying to make the choreography but even though I haven't lost a battle in my career, I wasn't a master in hip hop like the rest of the girls. My main genre is krumping and popping so this was quite a challenge for me but I just had to push myself, especially after I promised the girls that I would make a choreography that would be hip-hop-based and easy for them to perform.

Bora: Come on... think of something you stupid brain....

I whispered to myself while staring at my reflection. This was the first time that I ever felt insecure with myself and in my dancing. The fluidity and the free moves that marked the genre of hip-hop were a big contrast to the sharp-like knife moves and the sharp isolations that K-pop choreographies were known for. The more I tried to do this, the more frustrated I became. I just couldn't get it right no matter what I did! This studio has always been my happy place but now it has become a battleground. I feel like I'm fighting against myself right now. Usually, I would pull off all of my moves with confidence but this unfamiliar genre made me hesitate with each move. I couldn't bring myself to do it right.

Halo: Hey Bora, how is everything going with the choreography? Do you need any help with it? You know that you can ask us for help right? By the way, I really love your choreography right now.

Haechi: Yeah, you don't have to weigh everything on your shoulders. We can help you. Just like Halo said, the choreography right now looks really amazing and cool.

Bora: Don't worry guys. It is just a small wall since I haven't practiced hip-hop for a very long time but I'm getting it. I did promise you guys that I would pull my weight in this round and I will keep my promise.

Yeni: You sure? We know that you are very dedicated to dancing and to this round but you don't have to burden yourself too much just because of your promise. Just like what Halo unnie and Haechi said, you can always ask us for help. Asking us for help doesn't mean that you are bad at dancing. Everyone needs help from time to time.

Bora: I know I know but don't worry, I'm about to get it. The choreography is nearly on the way but I will keep it in my mind. Thank you unnies for offering your help.

Chocol: Everyone is right Bora. You know that you don't have to be on your own. But also we respect your wishes but please take a small break before you continue.

I shook my head. Even though I was dripping with sweat from my forehead and from my back, I still couldn't let myself take a break yet. I haven't gotten any further than a few steps. There is still a long way to go. I could feel the worried eyes of the unnies on me but the anger of not getting it right that was inside of me right now, made me oversee every one of their worries. The only thing that I could think about was that I was a failure and I didn't deserve my titles at all.

Baby Sleek: Bora please take a break-

Bora: I can't take a break yet! Do you guys hear me?! I can't take a break yet! And you think all of this is great?! It is a complete disaster! A recipe for failure! And here I thought that I could do hip hop just because I'm great at dancing and haven't lost a battle yet in my career.

I looked at the unnies with red anger. I could see them being taken aback by my sudden outburst since I had never acted like this before. I did feel sorry for them for acting like this but my emotions got the better of me. The atmosphere in the studio has shifted to a cold tension.

Halo: Bora, we know that all of this is new to you and that you never really haven't done hip-hop as much as we have but we all believe in you. We believe that you can do it. Just look at us. We managed to get through the class missions even though we hadn't really done choreographies before.

Bora: You don't get it! This isn't what I envisioned. It's not perfect. I'm not perfect.

The room became completely silent as all the spoken words lingered in the air. I was the complete opposite of what everyone had portrayed me as. I was far from the perfect dancer that everyone had been talking about. I can't even do a simple choreography like this! Overfilled with emotions, I ended up just running out of the studio, leaving all of the girls in there in shock. I ran off to the rooftop and sat down on the bare concrete floor all alone. I just sat there while trying to take deep breaths and calm myself down but nothing really seemed to help. I couldn't stop thinking about all the horrible words that I had just said to them.

Bora: Now they are definitely going to hate me after this...

I sat on the rooftop for a little more than two hours before going back to the dance studio to see that the girls had left. I sighed. What did I even expect? Especially after all I just did. The only way I can make up for them is to continue working and developing a choreography. I'm already behind schedule.

The past few days, the studio has been filled with silence except for when the music was played. All of the girls were in their own world on the other side of the studio meanwhile I was on the other side of the studio in my own world, still battling with the choreography. It was like they didn't dare to come near me but it was also like they knew that I needed some space and allowed me all I needed. All of this continued on for two more days, just two days before the choreography exchange, the girls decided to approach me.

Mini: Bora, we know you're under a lot of pressure. But we believe in you, in us. Let's find a way to make this work together.

I looked at them surprised by the large amount of unwavering support towards me. I couldn't believe what was happening right now. I have been so rude towards them and here they were still supporting and encouraging me. The walls that had built themselves came crumbling down as I swallowed my pride and showed them my vulnerable side for the first time.

Bora: I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you all. I just felt lost...

Chocol unnie smiled a small smile and walked over to me and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

Chocol: We're a team, Bora. We face challenges together. Let's try again, and this time, we'll figure it out as Wolflo, not just as individuals.

I looked at all of the girls and saw them smiling at me as they nodded their heads in agreement to Chocol unnie. I sighed and nodded, giving in to their requests. Even though I wished to do all of this on my own, sometimes everyone needs help. We all joined together in the middle of the studio and transformed the dance studio from a battleground back into a sanctuary of creativity. This whole situation made me find a new kind of humility. The process of creating a hip-hop routine became a collaborative effort, with each of us contributing our unique strengths to forge a dance that blended K-pop precision with the raw energy of hip-hop. As the music played, the progress of our choreography flowed more smoothly than before. As the choreography progressed more and more, we became united once again and began moving as one, showcasing a fusion of styles that celebrated our diversity and strength as a team. The echoes of our collective footsteps resonated in the dance studio, a reminder that imperfections could be the catalyst for something beautiful.

_________________________________________________________________________

The next chapter will be released on the 04/03/2024

This story will be updated once a week so join my paid Patreon now at https://www.patreon.com/user?u=71862817&fan_landing=true&view_as=public and be able to read the next chapter before anyone else and to be emerged with exclusive deals and stories only for Patreon members 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 14.1K 39
[COMPLETED] "If you're going to do something, do it the lady way." Straight forward, gracefully , not letting anyone in your way and keeping you...
8.7K 224 46
B͟O͟O͟K͟ 2͟ of the Gangleader series (🇳 🇴 🇹  🇦  🇸 🇹 🇦 🇳 🇩  🇦 🇱 🇴 🇳 🇪 ) Must be read after you read 'The Gangleader's StreetFighter' to...
73.1K 1.2K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
1.1K 2 28
I didn't like the other one because I personally thought it was a bit rushed. Even so, I hope you enjoy. Now, time to wing a introduction of this sto...