RWBY: Rise of the King (Volum...

By Thornfinna876

In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls are training to become Huntresses, which are human... More

The God Trailer
Bio
Chapter 1: Ruby Rose
Chapter 2: Arrival at Beacon and The Alpha Predator
Chapter 3: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 4: The Badge and the Burden
Chapter 5: A Cruel Past
Chapter 6: Forever Fall
Chapter 7: The Stray
Chapter 8: Black and White
Volume 2 Outfits
V2 Chapter 1: Best Day Ever
V2 Chapter 2 The Investigation
V2 Chapter 3: Extracurricular

V2 Chapter 4: The Dance

148 3 0
By Thornfinna876

No One's Pov

A glum Ruby resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she is startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she is at.

Weiss was smiling. "I need you to pick a tablecloth."  Then she slides two squares over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white.

Ruby was confused. "Aren't they both the same?"

Weiss sighs in frustration. "I don't even know why I asked!"

Weiss walks out of the scene as Yang comes in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder, which bounces her sister and the table she's moping on again to jump in the air when she drops it on the ground.

Yang brushes her hands as she approaches Ruby. "So, have you picked out a dress yet?" She asked her little sister.

"What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake and Kanji aren't going?" Ruby retorted.

"Oh, don't worry; she's going and so is Kanji . My little sister will have her dance with her crush . Yang said, which caused Ruby to. blush but Yang looks the other way exasperated. "Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!"

Weiss walks up to Yang, pointing in her face. "If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!"

The girls are interrupted by the sound of doors opening.

Neptune was walking in with Sun. "Your dance is gonna have fog machines?"

Weiss stepped up to him, becoming sweet. "We were thinking about it…"

"That's pretty cool." Neptune said.

Sun was acting suave to Weiss' ire. "You ladies all excited for dress-up?" He asked.

"Pfft... Yeah, right!" Ruby retorted.

"Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night!" Yang remarked.

"What are you two wearing?" Weiss asked addressing Sun and Neptune

"Uuhhh... this?" Sun said gestures to his current shirtless outfit.

Neptune steps up and holds a hand in front of his friend's face. "Ignore him for he knows not what he says."

Sun knocks Neptune's hand away. "Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place."

Yang was mirroring Ruby's and Weiss' looks of being told something extremely obvious. "Yeah, we noticed."

Sun then was rubbing the back of his head, preparing to ask: "Soooo... what does Blake think of all this? She still being all, y'know... Blake-y?"

"Obviously." Weiss answered turns and crossed her arms in disapproval. "And Kanji hadn't even shown his face after destroying that Mercury guy."

"I still can't think of a way to change her mind and get Kanji to come to the dance." Ruby said.

"Guys." Everyone looks at Yang  as she starts walking out. "Trust me; Blake and Kanji will be at the dance tomorrow."

The Faunus herself is sitting at one of the library tables with a holographic screen in front of her. She is obviously more sleep-deprived than ever, barely focusing on what she's seeing... until a small, bright red light appears on the screen. Moving up and down, Blake's eyes follow it down to her hand, then disappears entirely. She looks behind herself, obviously irritated, but no one walking among the tables is her culprit.

Turning back to the computer, she starts typing on the beeping keyboard before the laser dot appears on her hand briefly, prompting her to look around again and still find no one. The red point shows up on the screen, moving around in circles until Blake scowls and pounds her fists on the table. She stands up from her chair and finds the light on the floor, following it blindly through shelves of books until both the dot and its pursuer turn the corner, only for Blake to bump, shocked and shaken out of her more "animal" instincts, into...

Yang waving with her left hand as her right holds the laser pointer, in a sing-song voice: "He-lloooo!"

"What are you...?" Blake started to ask.

Yang grabs Blake's arm. "We need to talk."

And with that, amid Blake's single cry of surprise, Yang whisks her partner out of the library.

Meanwhile Kanji was in his room meditating when he heard a knock on his door he stood up and answered the door to see Yang hold Blake's arm

"He-lloooo!" Yang said in a sing-song voice.

"Umm Hello Yang." Kanji replied.

"We need to talk." Yang said as she then grabbed ahold of Kanji's arm and whisk both him and Blake away.

Emerging from the steaming bathroom in nothing but a pink towel wrapped around his lower body, Ren sighs in contentedness and starts walking away, only to be stopped by Jaune suddenly appearing in front of him.

"We need to talk!” Jaune said.

And with that, Jaune amid Ren's single cry of surprise, Jaune pulls his teammate away, leaving his bottle of "Samurai Shampoo '' to spin in the air before dropping to the ground.

Jaune was sitting on his bed in the dorm room, talking to Ren. “Ren... I'm just gonna say it. You are one of my best friends. These past few months, I feel like we've really bonded, even though you don't say much. I mean, you're really quiet. To be perfectly honest, I don't know that much about you, personally, but darnit, I consider you to be the brother I never had!”

Ren is still only wearing his towel and looking extremely uncomfortable, but he still nods and smiles at Jaune when he's done. “And I you.” He said as he tries to be attentive from then on, but keeps glancing at his usual outfit hanging by the door.

“Which is why I wanted to get your advice on... girls.” Jaune said.

“Girls?” Ren asks, he sounds surprised, but starts reaching out for his clothes while Jaune is looking away.

Jaune was trying to find the right words. “I just... don't know... how to... girls. Um, I-I guess what I'm asking is... Well, how did you and Nora... y'know…”

Ren puts his hand down after almost touching the green robe, but looks even more awkward now.  “Uh... uh... uh…”

Nora clears her throat to get the boys' attention on her, wearing nothing but her emblazoned headphones, a "BOOP" T-shirt, and pink lightning bolt shorts as she reads a book resting on her knees, before she laughs nervously.  “We're actually not "together-together..."

“NORA I SAID HEADPHONES ON!” Jaune yelled.

Nora does so quickly under her leader's command.

Ren then focused on his friend fully. “Jaune, what is this all about?”

Jaune sighs deeply before speaking, obviously depressed by staring at the floor as he talks. “It's Weiss. I'm completely head-over-heels for her, and she won't even give me a chance. She's cold, but she's also incredible. She's smart, and graceful, and talented. I mean, have you heard her sing? I-I just wish she's take me seriously, y'know? I wish I could tell her how I feel without messing it all up.”

“Then do it.” A voice called out.

Jaune looks up to see Pyrrha in the doorway, with Ren and Nora doing the same.

“Uh, wha?” Jaune asked.

Pyrrha then walked into the room. “Tell her exactly what you said. No ridiculous schemes, no pick-up lines. Just... be honest.”

“But what if I-” Jaune started to say but Pyrrha cut him off.

“Jaune.” Pyrrha says with a smile. “You can't get it wrong if it's the truth.”

Jaune then looks up with a new confidence. “You're right.” He then stood up. “Thanks, Pyrrha!” looks back to his bed as he goes out. “Good talk, Ren!”

Ren smiles and waves his thanks while Jaune closes the door. Upon doing so, Pyrrha becomes noticeably less cheerful as she walks over to her desk, with a concerned Nora watching her with sad eyes.

Nora sighs. “Practice what you preach, Pyrrha.”

Meanwhile Yang took Blake and Kanji to an empty classroom to talk.

“Yang, if you're going to tell me to stop, you may as well save your breath.” Blake remarked.

Yang was sitting cross-legged on the central desk of the empty classroom they're in, orange light shining across her calm features.  “I don't want you to stop; I want you to slow down.”

Blake then continued to pace with arms crossed, still irritated.

“I don't have the luxury to slow down.”  Blake said.

Meanwhile Kanji just stood there quietly waiting for this to play out.

“It's not a luxury; it's a necessity.” Yang replied.

“The "necessity" is stopping Torchwick.” Blake reminded.

“And we're going to. But first you have to sit down and listen to what I have to say.” Yang said then she pats the part of the desk across from her.

Blake looks away for a moment until she relents and drapes her legs over the desk's edge.  “Fine.”

Kanji on the other hand lean against a wall.

“Ruby and I grew up in Patch, an island off the coast of Vale. Our parents were Huntsmen. Our dad taught at Signal, and our mom took on missions around the kingdom. Her name was Summer Rose, and she was, like... Super-Mom: Baker of cookies and slayer of giant monsters. And then... one day she left for a mission and never came back.” Yang explains then looks down as she says this, and Blake looks sorry for her as did Kanji. “It was tough. Ruby was really torn up, but... I think she was still too young to really get what was going on, y'know? And my dad just kind of... shut down. It wasn't long before I learned why. Summer wasn't the first love he lost; she was the second. The first... was my mom.” Both Blake and Kanji look amazed at this information as Yang keeps talking. “He wouldn't tell me everything, but I learned that the two of them had been on a team together with Summer and Qrow, and that she'd left me with him right after I was born. No one had seen her since.”

“Why did she leave you?” Blake asked.

Yang sighs, then turns to the chalkboard. “That question... Why?” Yang gets off the desk and walks to the chalkboard, picking up a piece of chalk. “I didn't know the answer, but I was determined to find out. It was all I thought about. I would ask anyone I could about what they knew about her.”

As the reminiscent blonde starts drawing on the board, the scene shifts to a flat-painted flashback of a young Yang, with orange bows holding her brunette pigtails, looking at the photo found in a smashed picture frame.

“Then, one day, I found something. What I thought was a clue that could lead me to answers, or maybe even my mother.” Yang  explained off screen. “But the next shot shows Yang walking down a long winding path through the towering trees shedding their leaves with a little creaking wagon pulled right behind her, a little sister in a crimson hood sleeping soundly inside. ”I waited for Dad to leave the house, put Ruby in a wagon, and headed out. I must've walked for hours. I had cuts and bruises, I was totally exhausted, but I wasn't gonna let anything stop me. When we finally got there, I could barely stand, but I didn't care; I had made it. And then I saw them. Those burning red eyes…” In the shadows of the worn-down house the siblings had arrived at, beastly red shapes glow from the darkness.

Yang:off-screen, while her younger self looks petrified. “There we were: A toddler sleeping in the back of a wagon and a stupid girl too exhausted to even cry for help. We might as well have been served on a silver platter. But, as luck would have it, our uncle showed up just in time.”  As the Beowolves leap into the air to devour their young prey, the familiar sound of a gun-scythe follows the sight of them all being cut into pieces by a caped warrior. His bird-haired silhouette fades away to present day, where Yang has just finished drawing a clockwork eye.

“My stubbornness should've gotten us killed that night.” Yang said.

“Yang... I'm sorry that happened to you, and I understand what you're trying to tell me, but this is different. I'm not a child, and this isn't just a search for answers! I can't just-” Blake retorted.

Yang was still facing the board, fists clenching “I told you: I'm not telling you to stop! I haven't! To this day, I still want to know what happened to my mother and why she left me, but I will never let that search control me. We're going to find the answers we're looking for, Blake. But if we destroy ourselves in the process, what good are we?”

“You don't understand! I'm the only one who can do this!” Blake retorted.

“No, you don't understand! Yang yelled back and turned around sharply to reveal red eyes and the sound of flames “If Roman Torchwick walked through that door, what would you do?”

“I'd fight him!” Blake answered.

“You'd lose!” Yang yelled back then she pushed Blake away.

“I can stop him!” Blake said tiredly tries to do the same to Yang, but she doesn't even budge then Kanji who had enough so he pushes Blake.

“You can't even stop Yang or me, Blake. What would happen if you all had to face me if I went berserk like I did on Mercury or worse will I still be your guy's friend or a monster you would have put down like a sick dog?” Kanji asked.

Kanji pushes Blake again, knocking her to land on the desk. On the other hand Yang, still angry-eyed, walks toward Blake as she gets up, but then does the unexpected and embraces her in a hug, her eyes going back to their normal purple.

“I'm not asking you to stop. Just please, get some rest.” pulls back to look at her partner. Not just for you, but for the people you care about. That goes for you as well Kanji ”

Yang steps away and starts walking past the startled Blake, who turns when she says over her shoulder: And if you feel like coming out tomorrow, I'll save you a dance.

Yang winks down at Blake, and Blake stares at Yang as she leaves before sighing heavily and walking away, leaving the all-seeing eye on the board.

Kanji let out a sigh and then he too left the room.

Meanwhile a white rose in Jaune's hand bounces up and down as its smiling owner walks through Beacon Academy until he stops at the entrance of a hallway with the sound of a certain voice, causing him to duck behind the columns outside.

"Neptune!" Weiss called out as she walks past Jaune as he peeks around the corner and goes up to Neptune.

"Oh, uh, hey, what's up?" Neptune asked

"I know this is a little unorthodox, but... I wanted to ask you something. Would you... like to accompany me to the dance tomorrow?" Weiss asked then she puts her hands behind her back trying to look innocent as Jaune drops his smile and recoils at the oncoming words.

While Neptune rubs the back of his head and smiles with raised eyebrows, Jaune loses all of his confidence and drops the rose on the ground before walking back from where he came from.

The next day Kanji was dressed in a white dress shirt and black overcoat and tail coat along with black leather belted pants and dress shoes.

He stood in front of  door of Team RWBY's dorm he took very deep breath but before he can knock on the door  it open and their was Ruby.

She was wears a short, red, sleeveless dress with a thick black sash around the waist and black trim along the bottom. The bodice of the dress is split vertically to the sash and laced with black lacing. The yoke of the dress is transparent mesh with an opaque collar and hem, as well as opaque lines connecting the collar to her shoulders. She also wears black stockings and pumps.

"Hi Kanji." Ruby greeted.

"Hi Ruby you look beautiful." Kanji replied nervously.

"Thanks you look good in your suit." Ruby comment.

"I was wondering if you don't have a date at the dance I was think maybe we can go together if that's okay with you?" Kanji asked.

Ruby nodded. "Of course."

Ruby then take ahold of Kanji's arm and the two started walking to the dance.

The sight of the lonely, abandoned rose turns into a large collection of the same flowers, one dropping outward, in a large vase behind Yang, now in a short white dress with black heels as she stands at a podium. The doors in front of her open and she flips out upon seeing who walks in.

"Ooohh, you two look beautiful!" Yang comment.

"Can we have a serious talk about how Weiss fights in these?" Ruby asked as she tries to maintain her balance as she walks to the podium while Kanji was trying to help her, much to her laughing sister's amusement.

Meanwhile outside, Sun is seen walking around and wearing a new black jacket with a white tie hung around his neck, which he proceeds to fight with before going inside.

"Stupid... dumb... neck trap!" Sun remark in anger.

"I knew you'd look better in a tie." A voice called out.

Sun stops his struggling and stares at the dark purple dress worn by Blake, now looking like she traded her dark bags for violet eyeshadow, as she steps forward and takes him by the arm.

"Sooo, does this mean we're going... together?" Sun asked.

"Technically, though my first dance is spoken for." Blake answered.

Inside the ballroom, streamers are hung through glass chandeliers, pink and blue balloons are everywhere, and students in dark suits and bright dresses are stepping with each other to the music between the white-clothed tables. Blake is spun around by Yang before they curtsey to one another, and Sun comes up and takes his date's hands as Yang gestures for him to do so. She goes to hang with Ruby and Weiss (in a similar white dress as Yang's) in the back of the room, watching Blake laugh and enjoy herself before smiling at her team while Kanji was talking to Ren and Nora.

"I told you they would come." Yang said.

"Mission accomplished." Weiss

Ruby turn to her teammates. "Soooo, what do we do now?"

"Just have fun!" Yang answered as she proceeds to walk away and do so, with Weiss going the opposite direction and leaving Ruby behind.

Ruby was then shouting after Yang. 'Does that mean I can change out of these stupid things and into my hood now?" She asked but upon receiving no answer, she waddles around in her painful footwear "Stupid lady stilts!"

"Not enjoying yourself?" A voice called out.

Ruby looked and saw to her surprise  to see the headmaster step up by her side, but shakes her head and laughs. "Oh, no, everything's fine! I'm just not much of a fancy pantsy... dancey girl."

"Well, you can't spend your whole life on the battlefield, even if you may want to."  Ozpin remarked.

Ruby was then crossing her arms, looking annoyed. "Yeah, that lesson's been floating around a lot lately."

Ozpin was staring out at the dancing couples. "If you think about it, fighting and dancing aren't so different. Two partners interlocked, although one wrong move on the ballroom merely leads to a swollen foot."

Ruby then looked down at her own feet. Or a twisted ankle."

"It's not every day that friends are able to come together like this. Time has a way of testing our bonds, but it's nights like these that can help keep them stronger than ever. Nights like these are ones we'll never forget."  Ozpin replied.

Ruby smiles at the words of wisdom, but turns her head at the sound of the doors opening. Yang is back behind the podium, and smiles at the new arrivals.

"You guys are just in time!" Yang said.

Mercury and Emerald step in with their ballroom.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Mercury replied.

Then random students schmoozing at the dance. Bartholomew Oobleck is shown to be listening intently as Peter Port laughs over some unheard anecdote. Ozpin is standing off to the side with Glynda Goodwitch until General James Ironwood offers his hand for her to dance with him. Jaune Arc approaches Ruby Rose, who is standing pensively near the refreshments tables.

"I see you're hiding at the punch bowl too?"  Jaune asked.

"Yep." Ruby answered with an audible *pop* can be heard as Ruby emphasizes the "p".

"To the socially awkward." Jaune said.

Ruby giggles and they clink glasses.

"Sorry things didn't work out with Weiss." Ruby said.

"Meh, it's fine. Neptune's pretty "cool". I get why she went with him." Jaune remarked.

"What do you mean?" Ruby asked.

"Well, come on, not many people can pull off blue hair." Jaune explained.

Jaune begins to drink his punch.

"No, I mean, Weiss came to the dance alone." Ruby said.

Jaune chokes in surprise.

Jaune then looked at Ruby. "Uh, what?"

Weiss Schnee is shown trying desperately to coax life out of a wilting white rose. When she fails, she looks visibly upset.

"Yeah, she said that she had too much to focus on to worry about boys." Ruby explained.

Laughter draws Weiss' attention to Sun Wukong, Blake Belladonna, and Neptune Vasilias as the latter entertains the others with some impressions and other silly faces. Jaune, shown to be observing as well, becomes visibly perturbed.

Jaune then spoke in a low growl.Hold my punch.

Jaune hands Ruby his glass and no sooner than he vanishes from sight does she choose to drink from his cup. As Jaune makes his way across the room, shoving other students aside (some of which were not even in his path), he stops short and watches as Pyrrha Nikos passes by. He watches her walk glumly up the stairs and seems to have a change of heart.

"Hey Ruby?" Kanji asked

Ruby to see Kanji and he was nervous again.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked.

"Sure." Ruby answered.

Ruby place both her and Jaune's drinks down on a table then Kanji took Ruby by her hand and lead her to the dance floor and the two began to dance and they were enjoying each other's company.

The scene shifts to Pyrrha on a balcony as Jaune approaches behind her.

"Hey, Pyrrha." Jaune called out.

Pyrrha turns around to face him.

"Hello, Jaune." Pyrrha greeted.

Jaune walked up to her. "You okay? I haven't seen you tonight."

Pyrrha turn her attention back to the balcony. "Arrived late, I'm afraid."

"Well, you look really nice." Jaune commented.

Pyrrha raises her hand near her mouth. "Thank you." Then her hand falls away

Jaune was nervously tipping on his toes. "Your, uh, date isn't going to beat me up for saying that, is he?"

"I think you're safe for tonight." Pyrrha said

Jaune was then rubbing his hands. "So, where is the guy?"

Pyrrha turns back toward Jaune.

Pyrrha's head sinks in melancholy. "There is no guy."

Jaune chuffs nervously. "What?"

Pyrrha was shaking her head glumly. "Nobody asked me."

"But that's... " Jaune started to say gesturing toward her. You're Pyrrha Nikos!" shrugging, dumbfounded "H-How could nobody ask you?"

Pyrrha then turn toward the balcony. "I've been blessed with incredible talents and opportunities. I'm constantly surrounded by love and praise, but when you're placed on a pedestal like that for so long, you become separated from the people that put you there in the first place." Pyrrha said then she turn back to Jaune. "Everyone assumes I'm too good for them. That I'm on a level they simply can't attain. It's become impossible to form any sort of meaningful relationship with people. That's what I like about you. When we met, you didn't even know my name. You treated me just like anyone else. And thanks to you, I've made friendships that will last a lifetime. I guess, you're the kind of guy I wish I was here with. Someone who just saw me for me."

Pyrrha looks at Jaune and then walks away while Jaune simply stares in astonishment.

"W-Wai-!" Jaune remarked.

Jaune watches as Pyrrha turns a corner. Neptune has appeared on the balcony, gesturing toward Jaune.

"Hey, uh, Jaune, right?" Neptune asked.

Jaune sighs. "Yeah."

"This party's pretty lame, huh? I mean, ballroom dancing. Pfft." Neptune remarked.

"Yeah." Jaune replied.

Jaune looks back out over the balcony.

"Cute girls, though, huh?" Neptune asked gesturing back to the dance

Jaune growls as he turns back to Neptune, gesturing  "Is that all you think about?" He asked.

Neptune then raised his palms to waist level. "Huh?"

"Do you even care about the girls you're hitting on? How they feel about you?" Jaune asked.

"Whoa!" Neptune said throwing his palms up. "Where's this coming from?"

Jaune then was opening his arms wide "How could you just turn her down like that?"

'Wait, h-who?" Neptune asked.

'Weiss!" Jaune yelled.

"I, uh... it, uh... it just didn't work out, you know?" Neptune answered.

"What? You think that you're too cool, too many other options? Weiss Schnee asked you to the dance. What in the world could possibly keep you from go-" Jaune started to say but Neptune
Cut him off then was looking shamefully at the ground

"I can't dance!" Neptune answered.

"Beg your pardon?" Jaune asked calmly.

"I can't dance, man!" Neptune answered.

"But... you're so cool!" Jaune stated.

"Thank you. I try really, really hard." Neptune remarked.

"You would rather break a girl's heart and go to a dance alone than just admit to everyone that you can't move in rhythm to music?" Jaune asked.

"That about sums it up, yeah." Neptune replied.

Jaune turn his back to the balcony. "Well, I certainly feel a lot better about myself."

Neptune was then raising his palms. "Please don't tell anybody. Look, if you want Weiss, she's all yours. I don't wanna get in your way."

Jaune turns back towards Neptune and  place his palms on the stone banister

"Do you like her?" Jaune asked Neptune.

"Yeah, I mean I don't know her too well yet, but she seems pretty cool." Neptune answered.

"Then just go talk to her. No pickup lines, no suave moves, just be yourself. I've heard that's the way to go." He said then crosses his arms.

"Yeah, but then-" Neptune started to say but was cut off by Jaune.

"Hey! You don't have to look cool all the time. In all honesty, if you could be a little less cool, I'd really appreciate it." Jaune said.

Neptune considers Jaune's advice.

"Yeah, okay." Neptune replied.

"Go talk to her." Jaune said. "I guarantee it'll make her night."

"Thanks. You're a really cool guy, Jaune." Neptune remarked.

Neptune approaches Jaune, holding his fist out for a bump.

Jaune approach Neptune. "Alright, don't lie to my face."

The two of them bump fists and Neptune walks away.

Jaune sighs. "All right, only one thing left to do."

The scene shifts to show Yang Xiao Long leaning on a handrail and overlooking the festivities from a second tier as Ruby and Kanji approaches and leans on the rail.

"You know? I think we really needed this." Yang said.

Blake and Sun are slow dancing while Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie appear to be Waltzing. Penny Polendina is shown to be dancing alone, guarded by two Atlas Soldiers.

"Yeah, and you did a great job planning it too!" Ruby comment as Kanji nodded

Yang then reach over to Ruby. "Aw, thanks!" Yang thanked as she was crushing Ruby in a one-arm hug as she flails frantically. "It wasn't all me, though. Weiss did a lot too."

Ruby stops struggling and looks down at Weiss. Neptune approaches and rubs his neck nervously. Weiss invites him to sit with her.

Yang chuffs. "Tomorrow it's back to work."

"I'm sure we can handle whatever gets thrown at us.udden fits of laughter and giggles draw their attention below. " Ex-cept for that."

"What the hell?" Kanji asked.

The scene pushes past some students to Pyrrha who turns around to see...

"Jaune?" Pyrrha asked.

Jaune is shown to now be wearing a white dress with a blue ribbon.

"Eh, a promise is a promise." Jaune said.

Pyrrha was smiling... then giggling... then laughing aloud. "Jaune! You didn't have to!"

"Hey, an Arc never goes back on his word." Jaune said then he extending his hand to Pyrrha. "Now do you wanna stand there and laugh at me, or do you wanna dance?"

Pyrrha offer her own hand. "I would love to dance."  She said as Jaune pulls her to him and sweeps her away. "Oh!"

Nora was flailing excitedly. "Ren. This... is... happening!"

Ren was looking at the audience. "Wait, what "is happening"?"

Nora grabs Ren and drags him out onto the dance floor with Pyrrha and Jaune. JNPR performs a short but elaborately choreographed dance, culminating in Jaune spinning Pyrrha.

"I had no idea you were a dancer." Pyrrha said.

"Yeah, well, these things tend to happen when you grow up with seven sisters." Jaune replied.

Jaune dips Pyrrha and then spins her away.

Neptune and Weiss are shown to be watching the dancers.

"So, what made you change your mind?" Weiss asked

"Huh?" Neptune asked.

"You said you were embarrassed at first. What made you come talk to me?" Weiss asked again.

"You're looking at him." Neptune answered referring to Jaune as they watch Jaune dancing with Pyrrha. "You got some good friends looking out for ya."

Jaune and Pyrrha continue to dance. Ren and Nora do a kind of disco dance, Sun and Blake join the mix and Penny and an Atlas guard are showing doing the "robot".

Meanwhile Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai are show to be observing the students from the next tier.

"It appears all the dancers have partners." Emerald said.

Cinder's voice was heard via a ear-bud "How long do I have?"

"You should probably be home by midnight, to be safe."

Cinder Fall is shown to be somewhere outside dress up in a outfit consisting of a sleeveless jacket, long gloves, stiletto heel boots, a black glass mask and several straps with containers of powdered Dust lined across her pants. The gloves, boots and pants have black mosaic designs holding her fingers to her ear.

"I'll keep my eye on the clock." Cinder said.

Unbeknownst to them Kanji had a strange feeling as he hold his head in pain.

"Kanji are you okay?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah I think I need some fresh air." Kanji replied.

"I'll go with you." Ruby said as Kanji just nodded.

They made their way to the exit, walking  out of the dance and into the night air. She watches a figure running along the rooftops and then moves to pursue.

Outside the Cross Continental Transmit System Tower, Cinder stealthily approaches an armed guard. She knife-hands the back of his head, rendering him unconscious with a stunned grin on his face. She drags him behind some bushes.

Inside the building, Cinder approaches more guards.

"Excuse me, no one's allowed in this area." Atlas Soldier#1 said to Cinder who continues to approach. "Stop!"

The soldier opens fire when Cinder does not heed him. She charges in and manages to overpower him, punching the soldier then grabbing his arm. Cinder kicks another soldier and uses the first one's gun to take him out. She then kicks the soldier's knee and throws him against a handrail. Two more soldiers rush her wielding batons. Cinder flash-forges a pair of black blades from fire Dust and slashes at both of them. Batting the first aside she advances on the second and strikes him before sweeping both legs. The first soldier recovers but she blocks each swing with her blades. After blocking a kick she elbows then shoves him to the floor. As he tries to get back up she flips over to kick him in the head, checking for more guards before moving on.

Two guards are shown to be on an elevator.

"Hey, man, do you know the Wi-Fi password?" Atlas Soldier #2 asked.

"It's Beacon, but replace the E with a 3 and add a pound symbol to the end." Atlas Soldier#3 answered.

The elevator door opens to show Cinder waiting. One of the guards notices the fallen men outside. Both guards grow apprehensive as Cinder casually walks onto the elevator, the doors closing as she turns around. Thrashing sounds can be heard from outside the elevator.

Outside the building, Ruby and Kanji approaches and sees the unconscious guard. She gasps and pulls out her Scroll, dialing for her weapon locker which crashes into the courtyard and opens to reveal Crescent Rose.

Inside the building, the elevator doors open to show Cinder examining a Scroll. The two guards are knocked out.

"Oh! That's handy." Cinder said.

She pockets the Scroll and walks out of the elevator and toward the control consoles nearby.

Emerald: (via earbud) "A party guest is leaving."

Cinder sighs "Which one?"

Emerald is shown to be dancing with Mercury.

"Ironwood." Emerald answerd.

Ironwood is shown to be walking out the door as Ozpin gives his send-off.

"I guess the general's had enough fun for one night." Mercury said.

Random code appearing on a computer screen is shown to change into a Queen chess piece.

Mercury: (via earbud) "Should we intervene?"

The other monitors in the room light up.

"No... we're done here." Cinder said.

As she starts to walk away, she notices the elevator doors opening. Ruby steps out of the elevator slowly, brandishing her weapon while Kanji had his claws out ready to fight.

"Hello?" Ruby asked but then she stumbles due to her high-heeled shoes. "Is anyone there? Hello?"

Kanji smells the air and he caught a scent.

"Come out their is no use to hide I got your sent." Kanji ordered.

Cinder smirks confidently then rises from her hiding place and steps out toward Ruby and Kanji.

"Excuse me? You know, it's not a masquerade party, so why don't you take off that-!" Ruby started to say but
Cinder produces a container of dust from her belt expelling a cloud that glows. Condensing into glass shards that go flying at Ruby but Kanji wack them out of the air with his tail as a battle ensues as she defends herself then opens fire. Cinder blocks each shot with her hand as parts of the outfit glow.

Then Kanji unleash his atomic breath upon Cinder who dodges it.

She once again summons a pair of blades, Ruby launches herself forward but Cinder dodges. Her eyes and outfit glowing again as she combines the blades into a bow and fires three arrows Then Kanji's dorsal plates on his back and tail starts to glow blue then his eyes were glowing blue as he fired his atomic breath at the three arrows creating an explosion while Ruby stumbles back from the resulting  explosion while Kanji and Cinder stare each other down. But their fight is interrupted by the appearance of Ironwood on the nearby elevator. Ruby is visibly glad to see him  however Kanji was not but until they notices that Cinder has disappeared.

In a hallway, Cinder discards two bracelets and her mask to change from her stealth suit into a black dress and enters the dance. Two guards following her crush the bracelets underfoot and are visibly confused at the sight of the crowded dance hall. The screen pans over various people including Neptune dancing and having a good time as they walk back out.

Emerald and Mercury are still dancing together as Cinder taps Emerald's shoulder.

"Oh, may I cut in?" Cinder who now was wearing a  strapless black dress with a slit running down the right leg side of the dress, showing off one of her legs and her pair of black heels.

Emerald steps aside.

"Of course." Emerald replied.

Emerald leaves as Cinder begins to dance with Mercury.

"And how's your night been?" Mercury asked.

"Mmm... a little more exciting than expected." Cinder answered.

"Should we be worried?" Mercury asked.

"Hardly... They'll be scratching their heads long after we finished what we came here for." Cinder replied.

"So then what now?" Mercury asked.

"Enjoy the rest of the night. After all, it is a party." Cinder answered.

The scence pans away from the two showing the rest of the party. Jaune and Pyrrha are sitting at a table, Sun and Blake are dancing, there is a squad of red and yellow soldiers out side and Ironwood is shown approaching Ruby and Kanji before one last shot of the Queen chess piece appears on the computer screen and the clock chimes midnight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 446 17
In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls are training to become Huntresses, which are humanity's only hope of defeating the shadowy...
DARK By Takajo

Fanfiction

102 0 19
In the world of Remnant where humanity struggles against Grimm, four young souls: Daemon, Kyrenia, Agate and Reina travel to Beacon academy in order...
25.1K 369 14
It's been 3 years since the Fall of Beacon. The students and teachers of the lost school have banded together to fight this new threat. But Y/N has s...
7.2K 201 10
(Y/N), The King of the Monsters lives in a world with dangerous creatures known as the Grimm. One day, he's out in a shop called "From Dust till Dawn...