The Angels of Power

By Irish_Wolves

By: StormyFireDragon Published with permission) What happens when Harry gets his magical Inheritance. Things... More

The prophecy
Diagon Alley
Inheritance
Demons below

Visits and information

1K 51 24
By Irish_Wolves

Within days, the end of the year of school approached. Albus awarded Ravenclaw the house cup. They won by a narrow margin, but they were in the lead. It was the first time in a very long time that a house other than Gryffindor or Slytherin had won. During his announcements it was asked where Harry and his friends were.

"Professor Dumbledore?" asked Ron Weasley. "Where are Harry, Hermione and Neville? I have not seen them in two days."

"Mr. Potter has been given permission to leave school a few days early because of the death of his godfather. Miss Granger, Mr. Longbottom, and Miss Lovegood have all received permission to be with Harry in his time of need."

"Where are they though?" asked Ginny. "He has not answered any of our letters and such."

"His location is private," said Albus sharply. "He requested certain people to be with him and we have approved it. His where about is none of your concern. I suggest that you give it some time. If Mr. Potter desires to speak with you then he will contact you. You are to leave him alone until that time."

Ron and Ginny looked at each other. Severus could have sworn he saw a look pass between the two of them that did not look like it would bode well for Harry. He decided to up his observation of the youngest Weasleys. He was sure that they knew something about Sirius Black's death and he was determined to get to the bottom of it.

Back in Grimmauld Place the group was discussing their exams.

"I am sure that I passed DADA," said Harry. "I have no doubt that I failed Divination and History of Magic. Those subjects are absolutely abysmal. I am pretty confident I did well in my other subjects. At least my potion was correct. The examiner said it was perfect."

"I am sure that I passed all of my classes also," said Hermione. "We all knew you would pass DADA Harry. That was a given. You are the best in our year in that subject. How about you Draco? Do you think you did ok in your subjects?"

"I certainly hope so," said Draco. "I hated History. COMC was not that great for me either. I just didn't care much for Hagrid. I doubt anyone did really well in Divination. That has to be the lamest subject of them all."

"I have no doubt that I got an O in Herbology," piped in Neville. "It was my favorite subject. I am definantly going to go for a NEWT in it. I will probably go for a NEWT in Charms and COMC as well."

Remus walked into the kitchen and sat down. He looked tired. Winky brought him a cup of tea. He thanked her and sipped it. Harry and the others all sat with him.

"What news have you brought us?" asked Harry. "Have you heard anything about who might have been involved with Sirius' death?"

"We will be going to Gringotts tomorrow," said Remus. "The Ministry of Magic has pushed through the reading of the will of Sirius. Albus and Severus will join us for the reading. From there, we can go shopping in Diagon Alley. We have discussed that it would be beneficial for you all to get sixth year books in all of the subjects that you are current taking. That way we don't have to go back and forth after your OWL results come in."

"We were talking about that," said Harry. "We figured that it might be for the best to study on the side even if we are not going for a NEWT in certain subjects. What have you heard about Sirius' death?"

"We checked the hospital records for anyone who went to the ward that Sirius was on," said Remus. Many people visited him that day. What struck us as odd was that Delores Umbridge and Percy Weasley were also on that list. Albus and Severus are currently speaking with the other twenty three people who visited him on the day he was poisoned. The medi witch was questioned both under Veritaserum and through use of Legilimency and it was discovered that while she administered the poison, she was under the Imperius Curse at the time. As it stands, it was mostly people from the Order of the Phoenix that visited Sirius. As I said, Severus and Albus are currently questioning everyone that visited on the day of his death. When they have questioned everyone, then we will know more."

"Just keep me informed please," said Harry. "I want to know. I need to know."

"Albus and Severus asked me to tell you that the five of you will be told everything," said Remus. "Tomorrow night, the three of us, along with Minerva will be discussing something very important with you all. Now what we would like to know is if you all found anything in the Black Family library regarding the Angels of Power?"

"Actually we did," said Hermione. "According to the book, the Angels of Power are a select group. They are led by an Arch Angel. The Arch Angel will have gold wings and will have the abilities that all the others have. The Angels themselves are rare, but the Arch Angel is even rarer. In history only one other Arch Angel has been mentioned. That was Merlin himself. According to the book, when the Arch Angel comes into his power, those that are most loyal to him or her will come into their power. Each Angel of Power will be able to control a certain elemental power. Depending on the color of the wings, depends on the element they control."

"That is interesting," said Remus. "Tell me more. I assume that earth, air, fire, and water are some of the elements. Are there others as well?"

"Actually yes," said Draco opening the book to the correct section. "According to this, air, fire, and water are just three of them. There is also ice, plant control, shadow manipulation, animal control, mind manipulation, healing, lightning, soil, and technology/architecture. So the earth element you are referring to is broken into two separate categories."

"Thirteen," said Remus. "Add in the leader and you have thirteen. That is a powerful number. Many consider it unlucky, but in all reality, thirteen is a good number for one that has the ability to wield magic."

"Weren't there thirteen knights of the roundtable?" asked Draco.

"Counting King Arthur and Merlin, yes," said Harry. "It would seem that this is when the last time the Arch Angel and his followers came into existence. Apparently there was a need for them to come into existence then as well."

"Morgan Le Fey," said Hermione. "She was the arch nemesis of Merlin and the throne of England back then. She was the Dark Sorceress according to history. She tricked King Arthur and gave birth to his child even though they were brother and sister. Mordred became an enemy of the throne and in the end Arthur died, due to a severe wound from him. It is said that Lancelot took Excalibur back to the Lady of the Lake and threw it back in."

"I wonder about that," said Harry. "I don't think the sword stayed there. I think I know exactly where that sword is at this minute."

"What are you talking about Harry?" asked Draco.

"I think Excalibur and Gryffindor's sword is the same sword," said Harry bluntly. "Goblin steel is durable and will last forever without tarnishing and rusting. I firmly believe that if we ask, that the goblins will tell us that an ancestor made that sword and imbibed it with their brand of magic for Merlin. Goblins may not trust wizards as a general rule, but I have no doubt that Merlin was trusted by everyone and everything in the magical world."

"You may have a very valid point there Harry," said Remus quickly. "We can always ask while we are at the bank tomorrow. How have things been going here for the last few days?"

"Things have been going very well actually," said Luna. "We are all getting along really well considering past rivalries and such. There have been no arguments between us. We are cooperating with one another in a very accepting camaraderie."

"Now that we are getting to know Harry as a person, we are enjoying the idea that he is not some uppity hero," said Blaise. "He is a very dedicated person that knows how to have fun."

"I personally am enjoying working with Hermione," said Draco. "Despite our blood status, she is a veritable well of information. I like how she thinks. I like having another intellectual to talk to."

"Oh so what?" asked Harry in a teasing way. "Are the rest of us stupid or something?"

Everyone laughed at this. Draco knew that Harry was teasing and everyone knew what he had meant when he spoke. Remus relaxed his stance at the jesting between the teenagers.

"My biggest regret," said Harry sobering. "My biggest regret is that Ron and Ginny are liars and cheaters. It would have been nice to have them join us in all of this. It makes no sense to me as to why the Weasleys would do something like this to me. I would have given them some money if they needed it. Instead of asking me for help like normal people should, they just decided to steal it from me. I have no doubt that Bill found out about my family vaults and told the rest of the family. What I don't understand is how they were able to access my vaults. Don't you need blood to access the older vaults?"

"We will find out all about that when we get there tomorrow," said Remus. "The goblins are already on alert that your vaults have been accessed without permission. So unless you are there in person, no one is allowed to draw funds from them. From what I am to understand, they are also looking into getting the funds taken from you replaced. Again I stress for you to be patient. All of your questions will be answered. I promise."

Dinner that evening was a somber affair. After dinner, Remus informed the group that he and Severus were heading for a small mission for Dumbledore.

"Do not worry about us," said Remus. "We will be very safe and only will be gone for about an hour or so. Please remember to stay in the house. Minerva asked me to pass on to Harry to make a list of things he would like to do for his birthday. She is personally seeing to it that you have a very Happy Birthday for once in your life. I know we still have eight weeks, but it would be nice for you to start thinking about what you would like for your birthday and such."

Severus came in and brought with him some games and such for them to occupy themselves with. After assuring that everyone was fine, he and Remus left to go on their mission.

The occupants of Privet Drive were having a nice evening. The boy they despised had not shown up from the train station. They waited for fifteen minutes for him to show up. When he didn't show up, they left and never went back to find him. They were sitting in the den watching television when a knock sounded on the door. Vernon stood up and went to answer the door. Upon opening it, he came face to face with a wand pointed at him.

"Vernon Dursley?" asked the dark haired man. "We are here to discuss Harry Potter with you."

"The boy isn't here right now," said Vernon. "We do not know when he will return. We have been waiting on him all evening. The ungrateful brat never showed up for dinner."

"Move," said Remus dangerously. "We are coming in and we will discuss this matter with you."

"Now see here," said Vernon flaring up. "How dare you come here and threaten me with that stick? Leave my property at once or I will call the police and have you arrested. We tolerate that freak of a boy, but we are not going to tolerate being threatened by your lot."

Severus flicked his wand and Vernon found himself on his back sliding across the floor. He and Remus walked into the house and shut the door behind them. With another flick of his wand, Severus caused Vernon to stand.

"You will do exactly as well tell you or there will be consequences," he said in a deadly voice. "Now march into the den so that we can discuss things."

Vernon took one look at the two wands pointing at him and did as he was told. Petunia and Dudley were already huddling in a corner together. At a gesture from Severus, they sat on the couch.

"We are here to inform you that Harry Potter is no longer coming back to this house," said Severus. "You were told by Albus Dumbledore that the boy needed a safe and loving home for him to survive. You have done neither of those things. He has often seen neglect, abuse, and starved. You have made him into a slave in this house."

"The boy needed to earn his place here," said Vernon going red in the face with anger. "A few missed meals and some chores never hurt anyone."

"So getting three square meals a day is a privilege in this house?" asked Severus in a dangerous voice. "Tell me Dursley why did Harry sleep in a cupboard under the stairs for the first eleven years of his life?"

"He did what?" snarled Remus angrily allowing some of his werewolf features to show. "Are you saying that they made him sleep in a cupboard until he was eleven? It is no wonder Harry never grew the way he should have. I am going to make you pay for all of the harm that you have done to him and more."

"Remus pull in your wolf," said Severus. "Now is not the time. We are here for information and nothing more. I have a more fitting punishment for these three. It is something that even a werewolf will enjoy."

"We do not know where the boy is," said Petunia. "He never got off the platform. We waited around for a couple of hours and he never showed up."

"Lies Petunia?" asked Severus. "I was there that day. You and your walrus of a husband stayed for exactly fifteen minutes before you left. You have never contacted the authorities or the school with regards to your missing ward. You had the audacity to tell him growing up that his parents died in a car crash. He did not even know of his heritage until Hagrid came and told him. Was your jealousy of Lily that high?"

"Screw you Severus," snapped Petunia. "All we know is that we were given a child that we did not want. We already had one baby in the house and you and your lot gave us a second one. If he is so important to you all, then you should have given him to some of your kind and not burdened us with his freakish ways. My sister and her husband got what they deserved and so will the boy."

Severus stood up and walked over to Petunia and backhanded her across the mouth. Vernon went to stand up to defend his wife, but with a flick of his wand, Remus prevented the man from so much as even making a sound.

"James and Lily Potter died as heroes," snapped Severus in anger. "They died so that people like YOU could live. Harry is the key to stopping the one person that would see you in chains and acting as slaves. It is his legacy to stop the Dark Lord from exterminating all muggles in Britain. It is Harry's blood that is keeping you alive at this very moment. Had you shown just a slightest bit of compassion for him, you would have been safe for the rest of your lives. He only needed to call this place home for a couple of months each year until he turned seventeen. You did NOT do that. Because of YOU the blood wards that have been keeping this house safe are going to fail and drop within the next twenty four hours. You will no longer be safe from the Dark Lord. He and his minions will come to this place and torture you to death looking for the location of a young man that has more love and compassion in his little finger than your whale of a son or husband has in their whole bodies combined."

"What do you mean the blood wards?" asked Dudley. "How is that freak protecting us? He is nothing but an unnatural boy that can wave a stick in the air."

Remus waved his wand and a paddle appeared in mid air. Severus grabbed the paddle and had Dudley bent over the couch before he could count to three. The paddling that Dudley received caused the boy scream in pain.

"From this day forward," said Remus. "You will no longer be under Harry's protection. You will not be told where he is or how he is doing. The Dark Lord will hunt you down. When he does find you, he is without a doubt, going to kill you when you have no information."

"You should have treated the child better," said Severus. "Harry will be going to the goblin bank called Gringotts. From there he will hear the wills of both James and Lily. They were both very wealthy people. Now that Sirius has died, he will undoubtedly be the richest young man in Britain. Had you treated him with the love and compassion that you were supposed to, you would have lived like royalty. Instead you chose to make him your slave. You beat him, starved him, gave him this fat tub of lard's old clothes, and kept him from having a normal childhood. There is not a single ounce of evidence in this whole house that even states that a second child lived here."

"Did Lily and James leave anything for Harry that you have kept from him?" asked Remus. "This is the last chance you have to help him. If we discover anything that you are not telling us the truth about, you will deal with us again before the Dark Lord finds you."

"There is a trunk in the attic," whispered Petunia. "Lily and James sent it to us for him. We thought that if we kept him away from the wizarding world that he would not be a wizard. You are right Severus. I was jealous of Lily. I hated Harry because he has her eyes. Every time I looked into his eyes, I see the sister that I loved and I hate him for it. In the trunk are their photo albums. Also their wedding rings are in there. There are other items in there, but I do not know what they are."

Severus looked at Remus who nodded and went to the attic. It was not long before he found what he was looking for. He shrunk the trunk and placed it in his pocket. He returned to the landing where the bedrooms were and started to get angry at the door that was obviously Harry's. The numerous locks on the door infuriated him. He entered the room and noticed a few odd and end things that Harry left behind. He gathered the drawings of Hedwig and his few possessions and headed to the ground floor. He went to the cupboard under the stairs and looked inside. On a small cot was the baby blanket that he personally had bought for Harry. It was filthy and ragged. With a wave of his wand, the blanket repaired itself. With a second wave, it cleaned itself. He returned to the den and told Severus about his findings. Severus did not make a sound, but everyone present knew he was upset.

"I hate you," said Remus to the Dursleys. "You have hurt my cub. You should be grateful that Severus is not allowing me to handle your punishment. I would have stripped the flesh from your bones and watched as you bled to death."

Severus and Remus took one more look around and then left the house. They apparated back to Grimmauld Place. Harry met them there with a look of relief on his face.

"Where did you go?" he asked. "Was it dangerous?"

"We went and paid a visit to your relatives," said Severus unshrinking the trunk. "They were holding this for you. It belonged to your mum and dad."

"I don't understand," said Harry. "I am thankful to you both that you went to get this stuff for me, but why did you have to go there in the first place. It is not like they care about me one way or the other."

"That is true Harry," said Remus. "However it was our decision to let them know that now that you no longer live with them that the blood wards that has kept the whole family safe is now going to fall. We felt that we should give them a little bit of time to run. No doubt the Dark Lord will go there upon discovering that the wards no longer hold him back. He will want to question them about you and where you are."

"I know I should feel bad for them," said Harry. "Somehow I can't bring myself to do it. They have the warning and now it is up to them to deal with it."

"You are absolutely correct," said Severus. "It is time that you worry more for yourself and less for those that do not deserve for you to do so. You are fifteen years old and you are fixing to come into your magical inheritance. Once that happens, you will have the whole wizarding world to worry about. For once in your life Harry, we want you to only worry about yourself. Let the rest of us worry about everyone else."

"Thank you Severus," said Harry. "Your kind words mean the world to me."

"I have to go now," he replied. "I have to meet with Dumbledore and let him know what is going on. You get some rest this evening. We are going to allow you and your friends to spend as much time in Diagon Alley as possible tomorrow."

The next day dawned early for the five teenagers. They were going to Gringotts and then shopping. Albus, Minerva, Severus, Remus, and Tonks were all going with them. Their first stop was Gringotts. As soon as they entered the bank, Albus had a quick word with the goblins. Harry greeted Griphook with a fond handshake. It was arranged that Draco and the other teenagers would be allowed in the reading of the will with the rest of the recipients. Albus and his group all sat in their chairs and waited. It was not long before the rest of the people mentioned in the will arrived and took their seats.

"This is the reading of the will of one Sirius Orion Black," said Griphook. "His will is very clearly written. I will ask that everyone hold their comments until the end of the reading. From there, we can all talk like adults with regards to the contents of this will. Anyone causing trouble will be thrown out and not allowed to come back in."

Ron and Ginny were trying to catch the eyes of their classmates and dorm mates with little success. The Weasleys were being blatantly ignored. Molly looked at the five teenagers with anger in her eyes. Griphook cleared his throat and began reading.

I Sirius Orion Black, being of sound mind and body, bequeath the following:

To Remus John Lupin, I leave five million galleons. For Merlin's sake Mooney, get yourself some new clothes.

To Andromeda Tonks, I leave five million galleons. I also reinstate you into the Black Family. Mother should never have disowned you.

To Hermione Granger, I leave the Black Family library. I also leave you some words of wisdom and a job. Use your intelligence to benefit the side of the light Hermione. Your love and compassion is what will help Harry get through his life. Its friends like you that are what he needs in his corner.

To Ronald Weasley I leave some advice. Grow up young man. Nothing in this world is ever given for free. In this life it takes all kinds of people to make it in this world. There are your givers and your takers. You are a taker who refuses to give anything in return.

To Ginevra Weasley, I leave this one sentence. Stay away from Harry. You will not now nor will you ever become the future Mrs. Potter. You have high delusions of grandeur and you need to be brought down a peg.

To the rest of the Weasleys I leave you with this bit of advice. You need to repent for your sins. You are doing horrible things to a child that should not be done. Harry is a very special and gifted young man. You made the mistake of trying to take advantage of that situation.

To Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, I give you dual guardianship of Harry Potter. It is in your best interest to watch out over him and keep him safe. Molly Weasley has drawn up contracts to have Harry and Hermione married off to their children. It is in your best interest to void out all marriage contracts.

To Harry Potter, I leave the following. I leave you the rest of my entire and very sizeable fortune. It is up to you to deal with Narcissa and Bellatrix. See to it that both are disowned. I am herby naming you my heir. You will receive the Black family ring and status as Head of House. When you turn sixteen, you will be emancipated. My request is that you listen and work with Albus and Severus. They know what they are doing. Give the world hell kid. After everything that you have been though, you deserve it. Remember always pup that your parents and I love you very much. Nothing will ever change that and we will always be watching out over you.

"This ends the will of Sirius Black," said Griphook handing Harry a ring box. "By placing the ring on your finger, you will become the new Lord Black."

Harry placed the ring on his finger and watched as it resized to fit his finger.

"It seems Sirius knew what he was doing," observed Albus. "Had his will not been accurate or legal, the ring would not have refit to your size. Congratulations Lord Black."

"There is some mistake," said Molly through clenched teeth. "We were promised a small fortune by that mangy mutt and I want our money. Where is the will that states we were to get fifty percent of the Black family money and guardianship over Harry Potter?"

"That will is old and therefore void," said Griphook with a nasty grin on his face. "What is stated in this will is what you get. From what I can tell that is absolutely nothing."

"That is not fair," shouted Ron. "How come this mudblood gets something and we don't?"

"What did you just call me Ronald Weasley?" asked Hermione in a deadly voice standing. "What was it that you just called me? How dare you speak to me like that? You are nothing but a pompous ass that doesn't deserve the clothes on your back. You are greedy, lazy, immoral, rude, gluttonous, and aggravating. We know all about the conversation that you and your tramp of a sister had. We know all about your decision to slip us potions. I may not have money, but I have knowledge. I will do what ever it takes to make sure that your family is ruined for what you have done to Harry."

"What are you talking about Hermione?" snapped Molly. "How dare you talk to my children that way? Apologize at once or I will wash your mouth out with soap right here and now."

"Threatening a child Molly?" asked Albus in a dangerous voice. "You are no longer allowed to come within one hundred yards of Harry Potter. In fact you are no longer allowed to come within one hundred yards of all five of these teenagers. If you are caught near them or even attempting to harm one hair on their heads, I will use all of my influence within the Ministry of Magic to see to it that you and your family stay in Azkaban for the rest of your lives."

"Albus," said Arthur. "We have served you well over these last fifteen years. How can you be so cruel to us?"

"You and your family are hereby dismissed from the organization known as the Order of the Phoenix," said Albus. "The goblins of Gringotts will be working with me and Harry to retrieve all of the money you stole from the Potter Family Vaults."

"That is our money," said Ron. "We earned that money. We are not giving anything back. Harry kept us in danger all this time. We deserve that money."

"Let me see," said Harry. "Griphook, I assume that you have the wills of my mum and dad?"

"Yes Lord Black, I do," was the reply. "As soon as we are finished here, we will get to those wills."

"Very well," said Harry. "Let it be known that neither I nor my guardians gave permission for the Weasleys to actively remove funds from my family vaults. As I have only heard about them three days before school ended, I did not even know they were in existence. Therefore I did not give any Weasley permission to withdraw funds from my vaults. My trust fund is a different story. I have authorized Molly Weasley and Bill Weasley to each pull one thousand galleons out of the vault for my schooling once each. Any other money taken out of that account is not authorized. I trust that the goblins will make a full investigation in this matter. I want all of my vaults rekeyed and said keys sent to me and me alone."

"It will be done at once Lord Black," said Griphook writing this on a piece of parchment. "Who would you like to over see your vaults and manage your accounts?"

"I would like for you to personally do this for me," said Harry. "You are the first goblin I met and the one I trust the most. I also believe the Bill Weasley took it upon himself to order a new key for the Potter family vaults and acquired one without my permission. I would like all account statements to be sent to Professors Snape and Dumbledore as well as myself until I turn seventeen. I would like a vault set up for Hermione Granger in the amount of ten million galleons."

"I will see to it personally," said Griphook as his quill flew across the page. "Would you like for me to send a key to your vaults to your two guardians?"

"No," said Albus speaking up. "They are Harry's vaults and as such, he should be the only one with access to the vaults."

"I think in case of an emergency that one of you should have a key," said Harry. "One never knows if I am going to be incapacitated and you have a need to get to my vaults for some reason."

"Very logical thinking," said Albus. "Very well. Let Severus Snape have a key to the vaults in question."

"I will get right on it Head Master," said Griphook. "The Weasleys may all leave. William Arthur Weasley, you are hereby suspended from work until a full investigation of these charges are verified. If you are found guilty, you will lose your vaults to Lord Black. All Weasley vaults are hereby frozen as we investigate. Should the allocations prove to be accurate, all moneys will be forfeited until the balance of what is owed plus twenty percent is paid. From there, you will be facing charges of theft. For now, we the goblins of Gringotts demand that you leave. We will send you an owl as to when you are allowed to come back."

"I would like to point out a few things to Ronald," said Harry looking at his with a deadly glare. "IN our first year, I did not force you to come with me to retrieve the stone. In fact, it was you who wanted to shine. In second year, it was YOUR wand that backfired. It was your sister that opened the Chamber of Secrets. It was MY life on the line that saved her. In third year Sirius wasn't after me, or even you. He was after YOUR pet because your family is too stupid to realize that rats don't live for twelve years. In fourth year you showed your true colors by turning on me when my name came out of the cup. Not once until you were given a little spot light did you wake up and realize that I could have died. Last year it was NOT my idea to start the DA. If I remember correctly it was you and Hermione that insisted that I teach you. Then when the time came for us to go to the Department of Mysteries, it was ME that said not to go. I was intent on going by myself. Let us not forget that it was ME that saw Arthur Weasley bleeding to death from a snake bite by Nagini. He would have died if it weren't for me. And you all have the audacity to steal from my vaults? What kind of people are you? You don't get paid to be someone's friends. Neville is my friend and he doesn't get paid. Luna is my friend and she doesn't ask for anything. Hermione is my friend and she actually helps me with my school work. So why should you lot get paid for being my friend?"

"You can't do this to us," said Fred. "Harry gave us the money to start our shop. "We will not have our accounts frozen because of some stupid claim that our family was stealing from him."

"We can and we will," said Griphook nastily. "Any and all Weasleys are being held accountable. If it means that your accounts are frozen along with the rest, then that is the price your family will pay. NOW LEAVE!"

The Weasleys shot one more glare at Harry before they stood up and left. Ginny was furious that she was losing her chance to get her hands on all of Harry's money.

"The twins were going to give Ron and Ginny the potions," said Harry. "They are just as guilty as the rest of them. Fred and George are gifted pranksters. They are making loads of money because I helped them learn what they are doing. Had it not been for me, they would not have become as successful as they are now."

"We will figure it all out for you Mr. Potter," said Griphook with a smile. "Gringotts has a reputation to uphold. As we have since the time of Merlin until the time when goblins are no longer needed, we will uphold that tradition. We will not rest until this situation has been rectified. Shall we hear what you parents had to say?"

Harry nodded his head as Griphook opened the folder. Griphook looked at the sheet of parchment and began to read.

"I James Harrison Potter, being of sound mind and body, bequeath the following:

To Remus John Lupin, I leave ten million galleons. Take care of yourself Mooney. Lily and I love you like a brother. We always have.

To Minerva McGonagall, I leave five million galleons. I am sorry for all the white hairs I put on your head as a student in Hogwarts. Please help keep an eye on my son. He is the most important treasure I could ever have.

To Albus Dumbledore, I leave five million galleons. I want you to know that we switched secret keepers. Sirius was not secret keeper. Peter Pettigrew was. Thank you for trying to keep me and my family safe. Please do not send Harry with Petunia and Vernon. They will hate him and treat him badly.

To Severus Snape, I leave ten million galleons. Please make sure that Sirius teaches my son some scruples and morals. While I am proud to have given birth to the only future Marauder, I do not want him to only learn pranks.

To Sirius Black, I leave my son. I know you will love him and take care of him. Make sure he is well cared for and learns everything he needs to know about being a great wizard.

To Neville Longbottom, I leave you five million galleons. As my godson, you were the other highlight of my life. I have hopes that you and Harry become friends and that the two of you remain friends.

To Harry James Potter, I leave you the rest of my fortune. I also leave you the title of Head of House of the name Potter. I also leave you my spot on the Wizengamot. Your mother and I loved you very much. If you are hearing this will, it means that we have been found and have been unable to stay with you. Your happiness and your future is what are important to us. Please make friends with Severus Snape. He is a good man and knows what he is doing. We trust him with everything. We love you son. Never forget that.

"This concludes the will of James Potter," said Griphook passing over another ring box.

Harry placed the ring on the same finger and had the satisfaction of watching it blend in with the other one. It resized to fit his finger.

"I didn't know that my dad was your godfather Neville," said Harry in a whisper. "I am glad that without even knowing it, we were able to carry out his wishes."

"Me too Harry," said Neville. "I didn't know he was my godfather either. I have to ask Grams about that. Maybe she didn't tell me because she figured I had too much to worry about already with mum and dad."

"I am pretty sure that would be a good guess," said Albus kindly. "Those were dark times for everyone. I am sure Augusta didn't want to cause you more pain."

"Are you ready to hear the will of your mother now Mr. Potter?" asked Griphook.

"Yes I am ready," said Harry. "Thank you for being patient with me everyone. This is a lot of information to hear. I am glad that my dad and Sirius, and I'm sure my mum, left you all something in their wills."

"That part is not what is important," said Albus. "You are finally getting to hear the contents of the wills. I am not sure why we have not heard them before. Had I known of the contents, I would not have sent you to the Dursleys."

"It doesn't matter anymore," said Harry. "I am free of them now. It would not surprise me that Aunt Petunia had something to do with the wills being delayed or even the Weasleys."

"We will look into that situation as well," said Griphook. "I am thoroughly disturbed that so much is going wrong with the Potter estate. It is unfortunate that young Harry had to suffer for this grievous error. We will rectify it in any way that we can. For now, I would like to read your mother's will."

Harry nodded his head and sat quietly and waited. Griphook cleared his throat and began.

I, Lily Marie Evans Potter, being of sound mind and body, bequeath the following:

To Severus Snape, I leave ten million galleons. As my friend I am leaving you as co-guardian of Harry. He will need someone stable in his life to teach him the proper way to be a wizard. We know of your role, so we have other plans in affect. I love you Sev. You have been my childhood friend and I will always be thankful for that.

To Minerva McGonagall, I leave five million galleons. Thank you for taking the time to make me feel good about my abilities and for taking care of me while I missed my home so much when I was a child.

To Albus Dumbledore, I leave you five million galleons. Please keep a close eye on my son. Sirius may not be the best choice, but he was the best choice. I know that sounds confusing, but he will be well looked after with Sirius even if he is a bit childish at times.

To Remus Lupin, I leave five million galleons. Take care of yourself Remus. I love you like a brother.

To Harry James Potter, I leave you the rest of the Evans family fortune. If you have not lived with Petunia and her family and she has not made your life a living hell, you can give her some of the money. If something happened and she has abused you, then leave her nothing. I am not a muggle born. My parents and my sister were squibs. My grandmother and her first husband were a very powerful witch and wizard. My name became Evans with the marriage of my grandmother to her second husband. Your grandfather's name was Black. So therefore you are a pureblood wizard. Be safe my son. Your father and I loved you very much. You are the best treasure that we could ever have acquired.

"I shall have a complete list of properties and moneys sent to your residence," said Griphook. "All vaults will be rekeyed and copies will be sent to you and Professor Severus Snape. Would you like to visit the vaults so that you can have a look around?"

"That would be nice," said Harry. "Does anyone want to come with me?"

Everyone stated that they wanted to see the vaults. In the end, four carts were called to take the group to the vaults. They all were floored by the immense piles of galleons, sickles, and knuts. There were piles of jewels and jewelry. Furs and bolts of expensive materials were gathered together. Weapons and armor were lined up on the walls. Painting, rugs, furniture, and other things were all stacked carefully. Books were on the shelves.

"Once I get set up somewhere, I will have all of the books sent for and put in a library," said Harry. "For now, they are safer here than anywhere else. Everyone grab some money. We have some shopping to do."

"We can't take your money Harry," objected Hermione. "That is your money."

"Yes it is," said Harry with a cheeky grin. "So take some and let's go shopping. Besides, my birthday is coming up and I want some nice gifts. So grab some money and let's go."

The teenagers all grabbed some money and they all left the vaults. They were about to step from the bank when a spell flew past Harry's face and hit the wall. Albus, Minerva, Severus, and Remus all had their wands drawn. Tonks was already racing towards the area where the spell came from. Harry and Hermione had both pulled their wands and cast shield charms. Draco, Blaise, Luna, and Neville had all drawn their wands as well and were searching for trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 6.1K 14
Dumbledore is worried that Harry might receive an inheritance. In an attempt to better Harry's chance of surviving such a change, he's being taken to...
552K 14.1K 33
Harry Potter thought his life was over. Having been beaten to almost an inch of his life many times, he receives an early inheritance, and discovers...
9.4K 337 17
An orphan arrives at Hogwarts. He has been bullied his entire life, is the heir to his family's legacy and a Dark Lord is out to get him. Follow Harr...
59.2K 1.2K 18
Harry Potter goes through a nightmare at the hands of the Dursley's. He hopes to find a family in Hogwarts. Maybe he will by his friends and a Profes...