FoxFear

By Skyarcher07

In the heart of a once-cheerful toy factory, now overtaken by chaos and darkness, a small plush toy named Fox... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 A Tight Squeeze
Smile Critters
Founding Fathers Intentions
Chapter 2: Fly In a Web
Teaser for Chapter 3
Chapter 3 Deep Sleep teaser 2
Encounter

Y/N and DogDay

458 8 2
By Skyarcher07

Name: Y/N

Age:10

Height:(4.6-4.8 feet) depending on what the reader wants.

Gender: Neutral

Appearance: They wear a cyan beanie on their "Unspecified" color hair. They wear baggy pants and a blue hoodie on their body with fuzz ankle high winter boots. They have "unspecified" color eyes usually having a few bags under them.

Personality: Y/N is a timid and anxious orphan kid who is always on edge, constantly worrying about the unknown and the dangers lurking around every corner. They have extreme anxiety, often appearing extremely jumpy and constantly afraid. They are also very quiet and don't like speaking, but when they do speak its in a low voice barley above a whisper.

Currently resides in: Playtime Co. PlayCare (On site underground orphanage.) (Inside of the dome is the official site of Playcare itself. It has a artificial sky light where the light comes out of a large fan in the ceiling. The dome is painted to make it look like stars when the lights go out. Dangling from the top of the sky dome is fake clouds. Around the dome sides are fake walls of painted skies and clouds on it. In the center of the Playcare is a large round statue platform that presents all of the Smiling Critters. And around at the base of the statue is a podium with each description for each of the Smiling Critters (Except FoxFear) and a button to hear an audio file. Around Playcare of five main locations. There is a Toy Store, a Councilor's Office, a School, Playhouse, and Home Sweet Home. There is fake grass and trees and plant life to give an illusion to the orphans to make them think they are on the surface.

Background: Y/N was abandoned as a baby and grew up in the underground orphanage at Playtime Co. PlayCare. They never knew their parents and have been raised by the caregivers at the orphanage. Y/N has always been anxious and fearful, always feeling like they are in danger. They struggle with social interactions and find it difficult to trust others.  They often spend time alone and away from the other children.

Favorite toys: FoxFear Plush

FoxFear plush

Height: 12-15 inches tall Medium Plush Size

Appearance: An anthropomorphic Fox Plushie has unspecified fur, eyes and tail color for the readers imagination. Unlike the other Smiling Critters, FoxFear's mouth is not limited to a wide smiling grin instead is more expressive, and their eyes are not black buttons instead they have more expressive eyes. They possess a zipper line running down their center, with the zipper sporting a candle pendant.

Like the other Smiling Critters, the pull of their tail will make a scent puff out of their mouth, this was intended to make children fall asleep easier or relax them from fear. In their example "Camomile"

Name: DogDay

DogDay is an anthropomorphic canine, characterized by an orange fur that complements his expressive black eyes, floppy ears, and sleek black nose. His features extend to a sunshine-yellow outer mouth and belly, while a touch of Golden-Brown graces his paws, ears, and the left side of his face. In line with other Smiling Critters, DogDay sports a perpetual wide toothless grin, his inner mouth shrouded in mysterious darkness. A distinct black zipper gracefully traces down his center, showcasing a captivating gold sun pendant surrounded by radiant orange sun rays. 

Status: A caretaker in the orphanage.

Height: Taller than an average human male. 

Chapter begins.

DogDay is seen playfully chasing a few children, their laughs and giggles fill the air.

"Man, you kids are just too fast for me."

Y/N watches from a distance, clutching their FoxFear plush tightly. They feel a pang of jealousy watching the other children interact so freely with DogDay, wishing they could muster up the courage to join in the fun.

DogDay catches sight of Y/N and immediately senses their unease. He slows down his chasing game and approaches Y/N with a gentle smile.

"Hey there. Would you like to join us? We're playing tag and could use another player," DogDay suggests kindly.

Y/N hesitates for a moment, their anxiety bubbling up inside them. Y/N takes a step back, afraid of interactions, they stay silent.

DogDay notices Y/N's discomfort and crouches down to their level.

"That's a cool FoxFear plush you got there."

Y/N stays silent, trying to avoid eye contact.

"DogDay? Are you coming back?" a girl says.

"Uh... In a minute how about you kids go on without me."

The children cheer and continue their game, leaving Y/N and DogDay alone.

"I don't believe I've seen you around?"

Y/N finally looks up at DogDay, their eyes filled with fear and uncertainty. They struggle to find the words to respond.

"I-I'm Y/N." Y/N stammers, their voice barely above a whisper.

DogDay nods understandingly, his warm smile never faltering.

"Thats a really cool name."

Y/N relaxes slightly, feeling a tiny bit of relief in DogDay's presence. They continue to clutch their FoxFear plush tightly, finding comfort in its familiar scent.

"Thank you," Y/N replies softly.

DogDay sits down next to Y/N, giving them space and time to feel at ease. He doesn't push for conversation, instead choosing to sit in silence with Y/N, letting them take the lead.

After a few moments, Y/N finally speaks up again.

"Why are you being nice to me? I know what's really going on here. The red gas CatNap uses to make us sleep, the nightmares, the other kids being taken while sleeping, I know what's happening."

DogDay freezes. His smile fades, replaced with a look of concern and sadness.

"Uh..."

"Do you even remember anything before turning into.... this? When you were human?"

DogDay's ears droop slightly, his expression solemn. "I... I don't remember much. Just flashes of memories, fragments of a life long gone."

"This place isn't a place of joy, they use the Game Station to test us, and the ones that are optimal are tested further and taken in their sleep, and your just fine with this. You go along every day without a care that happens every night, you and the other Smiling Critters." 

DogDay's eyes widen, his heart heavy with the weight of Y/N's words.

"How do you know this?"

"Being quiet has its perks, that and I sneak around at night."

CatNap doesn't catch you?! He usually patrols the grounds at night.

"I'm careful. And I've seen things that I wish I could unsee," Y/N replies, their voice filled with a mixture of fear and determination. "Let me guess your gonna rat me out to the counselors? Then they'll tell the scientists and then they'll take me in my sleep, and most likely put me in some plushy. I was kind of hoping you would."

DogDay shakes his head, his eyes filled with sadness and regret. "I won't do that, Y/N."

"Why? Isn't that your purpose?"

DogDay sighs, his gaze softening as he looks at Y/N. "My purpose is to care for the children here, to bring them comfort and happiness. But that doesn't mean I turn a blind eye to the truth, to the darkness that lurks beneath the surface. I may not be able to stop what's happening, but I can promise you this. I will always be here for you, Y/N.

Y/N looks at DogDay, their eyes filled with a mix of surprise and doubt. 

Suddenly an intercom speaks across the PlayCare.

"DogDay to the counselors office. DogDay to the counselor's office."

DogDay stands up, his expression solemn.

"I have to go, but I promise you Y/N, I won't let anything happen to you."

Y/N grabs his hand.

"Thank you, DogDay. I don't know what to believe anymore, but I trust you. Please, be careful," Y/N says, their voice filled with emotion.

DogDay gives Y/N a reassuring smile before gently patting their hand and heading towards the Counsliers Office.

(The story now follows DogDay.)

As DogDay makes his way to the counselor's office, his mind races with thoughts of what Y/N had told to him. 

When he enters the office, the head counselor, a stern-looking woman greets him with a cold smile.

"DogDay, please have a seat."

DogDay takes a seat, his heart heavy with the weight of the conversation he had just had with Y/N.

"I'm assuming you have heard about the rumors circulating among the children, regarding the true purpose of this facility?" the counselor asks, her tone sharp.

DogDay hesitates, unsure of how to respond. He knows that speaking out against the counselors could have dire consequences, but he also knows that he cannot turn a blind eye to the truth.

"I... I have heard the rumors, yes," DogDay replies cautiously.

The counselor narrows her eyes, her expression turning cold.

"Listen, DogDay. We cannot have any disruption to the operations of this facility. If you know of any children spreading these rumors, you need to report it immediately. We cannot afford to have any dissent among the children."

DogDay's heart sinks, knowing that he is being pressured to betray the trust of the children he cares for.

"But what if the rumors are true? What if there is something sinister happening here?" DogDay asks, his voice filled with uncertainty.

The counselor's face hardens, her eyes flashing with anger.

"You need to remember your purpose here, DogDay. You are a caretaker, not an investigator. Do not let these foolish rumors cloud your judgment. Now, go back to the children and do your job."

DogDay nods obediently, his mind spinning with conflicting emotions. As he is about to leave the counselor's office, he knows that he cannot turn a blind eye to the truth any longer. 

"And one more thing."

"Yes?"

"Keep a close eye on Y/N. They seem to be causing quite a stir among the other children. We can't have any troublemakers disrupting the order of the PlayCare."

DogDay's heart drops at the counselor's words.

"But that would be an invasion of their privacy."

The counselor gives DogDay a stern look. "Remember DogDay the scientists can always get a closer look to see why you don't comply.

DogDay nods silently, his heart heavy with the weight of the difficult decision before him. As he exits the counselor's office, his mind races with thoughts of what to do next. 

As he walks out he sees Y/N on a fake grassy hill.

Y/N looks up as DogDay approaches, their eyes filled with a mix of fear and uncertainty. DogDay sits down next to them, feeling the weight of the counselor's words heavy on his heart.

"They threatened to take you apart if you didn't spy on me, didn't they?"

"How did you know?"

Y/N looks at DogDay, their eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and understanding.

"I watched from the back window."

DogDay's heart sinks at Y/N's words, the weight of the situation heavy on his heart. He knows that he's in a difficult position, torn between his duty as a caretaker and his desire to protect the children.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I didn't want to put you in this position," DogDay says, his voice filled with remorse.

Y/N looks at DogDay, their eyes softening with understanding.

"It's not your fault, DogDay. You're just trying to do your job and keep us safe. I understand that," Y/N says, their voice filled with empathy.

DogDay nods, grateful for Y/N's understanding. He knows that he needs to make a decision, to protect Y/N and the other children from the truth that lies within the PlayCare.

"Y/N, I promise you this. I will do everything in my power to protect you and the other children here. Even if it means going against the counselors and the scientists," DogDay vows, his voice filled with determination.

Y/N looks at DogDay, a glimmer of hope in their eyes.

"Thank you, DogDay. I trust you to keep us safe."

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 430 19
CatNap is the most recent addition to the smiling critters and has a little trouble with his voice box, meaning he can't talk properly. When CatNap f...
6.4K 134 12
Dogday and Catnap are at odds with each other. Catnap, of course, worships the Prototype as his and the other toys' savior. Dogday, and the other cri...
3.9K 110 26
This is a catnap x dogday book. This book will start off slow but it will get faster trust me. Chapters will be released every day or week (ill try �...
33.7K 997 28
"𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴, 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥, 𝘠/𝘕!!" " 𝘏𝘐 𝘠/𝘕!!" ╰┈➤ ✧.*𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Y/n comes back to the old Playtime Co. to find her...