Pristine Tales of Love..short...

By GurdeepSingh957

Collection of Short Stories by me..*Pristine Tales of Love..short stories! ✔* ★ My Golden Faucet ★ My Candy W... More

My Golden Faucet
My Candy Wife!!
She, The Rainy Reason!
Mr White Coat and Ms Engineer
Mr Right on Wrong Date and Elevator!!
Two Successful Drunkards

Please come for me..

0 0 0
By GurdeepSingh957

Vivetha and Ravi have been happily married for the last two years now. Both of them have been well settled in their own professions. Vivetha was a Research Scientist and Ravi was posted in the High Altitude region of Leh, designated as 'major' in the Indian Army..

They were both arranged by their parents, who were close friends.. There was no concept of family dramas or issues like daily soap in their families that usually are in normal families..

Ravi and Vivetha were the first single child of their parents, the only thing that upset Vivetha was Ravi's absence for most of the time of the year.. love blossomed whenever he came home.. He would be posted in a PEACE region once the tenure of three years gets over in his ongoing posting, which was just a few months away..

Ganesh Chaturthi was coming in a few days when Vivetha called Ravi..

Hello!

Hello Vive, how are you and amma-appa?

We are all fine. What about you?

I am fine too.. how is your research going?

Good..what about you?Shri told me there were some tensions there.. You know we were all scared when that news came..

Vive, no need to worry..we are fine here. The firing happened in the district next to ours..and why do you call my seniors? This is the Indian Army..I do not work for any business firm..now he'll ask me about what I told you..

Oh! I'm sorry! But he is my friend too..and more of my friend than your Commanding officer, okay?

Hmm!

Where are you right now?

Where can I be? I'm getting ready to leave for my duty..

Oh..okay! There is so much noise in your background..that's why I asked..

Isn't it obvious,I'm a single man, not with family, so I am living with other single men..

Ravi..listen naa..

Hmm, I'm listening..

Can you come home?

What..what were you saying..there is a connection issue..

I said, can you come home for Ganpati..just for some days..Everyone will enjoy with their partners..I also took leave from lab this year..please come for me..

Hellooo..Hlo!! Vive, I think there is a connection issue..I'm not able to listen to you..hey Vive..hloo

Hello..Hello Ravi..Hello!!

Vivetha..stay fine, okay! And make sure amma-appa is happy or else their BP will shoot up..and you..you..

Hlo Ravi..Ravi..

Take Care Vive..

Beep..Beep..Beep (Call Ended)

Vivetha was really upset..her eyes got filled with tears..she looked at her and Ravi's photo frame, hanging on the wall near her, having him in uniform and her in the lab coat in the lab itself, when he came and surprised her on her birthday last year..

She stood in front of the photo frame and started talking.."What do you think of yourself, Major Ravi Chandran, You are an idiot!" She paused for a minute, wiped her tears and said again, leaning towards the photo frame, "Please come naa! We will get Ganpati home together..Amma-appa will be so happy.. Seeing last year you were not here and I was busy in the lab, but this year I'm here. Please come for me..for Amma-Appa..my Amma-appa..please!" She was pleading as if he was before her only..

She turned after the request, her mother-in-law was there behind her..she signalled her to come for a hug and. Both the women hugged each other.."Its okay, love! Its okay..we are here for you..sshh!" She said, caressing Vivetha's hair..

"Amma, why can't he come? I miss him..I miss him a lot, amma!" Vivetha cried..

"Don't worry love..once he gets posted in a PEACE region, you may accompany him.." She tried to console her..

"Hmm!" She replied..

"Come, let's make some preparations for tomorrow. Don't worry dear.. He is fine and that's more than enough, no?" her amma said..

"Yes amma.. let's put your son aside for sometime" Vivetha said and smiled..

They both went to the pooja room and made preparations for the next day..

Next day..

Vivetha was excited to welcome Ganpati's statue, she was dressed traditionally, wore her gold jewellery and was ready with both her mothers for rituals to do..

Vivetha's father-in-law was carrying the huge statue from the backside and her father supporting it from the right side..they were coming with the crowd happily dancing alongside and energetic music filling the air with fun and joy..

Vivetha was looking cheerful but she was missing Ravi too..She wanted him there with her but she knew that he wouldn't come..but one thing was sure But her family wouldn't let her miss him..

They were trying to involve her in every ritual and distract herself from Ravi's thoughts..they wanted her to enjoy rather than getting upset and missing him..

She was standing happily, seeing Ganpati coming in and her mother-in-law doing the aarti..she grabbed her phone and sent a voice message to Ravi saying, "I wish you were here"..

She was called by her amma for doing aarti but she stood behind other ladies as they were with their husbands..she came a step forward, the statue of Ganpati was about to fall down as Vivetha's appa was about to topple because of the setting of mattress..when two strong arms wearing steel grey shirt handled it from the left side..

Vivetha stepped forward as a reflex, but seeing the pants with so many pockets on and DMS shoes, her eyes lit up..she looked upward at him and Ravi smiled at her..

She hugged Ravi's amma in happiness and the three men entered went in..everyone was happy seeing Ravi back home, the fun was doubled in a minute. They placed Ganesha in the place decorated a day ago by Vivetha and the ladies..

Vivetha was waiting for her turn as Ravi, after placing Ganesha's statue, was meeting his family one after the other..his amma..his appa..her amma-appa..and then came her..

He opened his arms wide to take Vivetha in a hug but she blushed and he chuckled..he gave her a side hug..happy tears built up and flew down on her cheeks and everyone was happy for her..

She entangled her arm in Ravi's arm, staring at him with a smile too, and went to one side."Why didn't you tell me?" Vivetha asked..

"I thought you guessed where I would be from the background sounds" Ravi replied..

"Oh really! I asked you, but you said you are living with other single men..LIER!" Vivetha replied while Ravi took off his shoes, and she was looking at him, leaning against the wall, while others were busy with pooja..

"Yeah..I was at Railway Station that time and then I reached Dehli at one in the night and then I got on the flight at six in the morning and I'm here straight from the Madurai airport now", Ravi explained to her..

"Indigo?" Vivetha asked..

"Hmm!" He replied, putting his shoes aside and stood up to wash his hands..

"How are you?" Vivetha asked.."Awe! This should've come at first, no?" Ravi asked as a reply..Vivetha raised her brows, still leaning towards the wall..

"Yes, I am fine..but I don't think you are" Ravi replied..

"What happened to me.. I am all fine and now I'm super fine as you are here" Vivetha said..

"Okhay! Let's go!" Ravi said, keeping his hand on her shoulder and stepping towards everyone..

Ravi's amma-appa stepped aside, forwarding the plate to both of them..Ravi and Vivetha were doing aarti..everyone was happy to see them both happy..

Ravi and Vivetha looked at each other smiling. Vivetha was really happy Their neighbours were the next ones..Ravi and Vivetha forwarded the plate to them and turned..

Vivetha toppled all of a sudden and Ravi grabbed her..everyone stepped forward looking for her but she was fine..she just felt dizzy for a minute but Ravi was there for her..

"Vive, are you fine? What happened?" Ravi asked her.."I'm fine..no worries! I'm fine" she replied, smiling..

Everyone looked at her and she passed a smile to everyone..Ravi took her towards the chair nearby, helped her with a glass of water.."I'm fine..no need to worry, I just felt a bit dizzy for a moment", she said, when each one of her family was looking at him..

"I'm sorry dear, I think you got tired because of me", Ravi's amma said.."No amma, it's not like that, don't blame yourself", Vivetha replied, and her mother nodded to her mother-in-law..

The event was over. Vivetha was really happy as Ravi came to the event. She felt over the moon for a few days till Ganpati and Ravi were both with him.. Then the day, Ganpati was Visarjit. Ravi and family left for the airport after Visarjan to see Ravi off..

Everyone was smiling fake.. His and Vivetha's amma-appa blessed him when he touched their feet and then came Vivetha's turn..She was already ready and Ravi gave her a side hug..

It appeared the same that happened three months ago when Ravi left after a month holiday until Vivetha said something softly and everyone was happily hugging each other..

"Please come for us next time" she said and smiled, looking at the other side."Huh?" Ravi replied, confused.

He saw her, a tear broke from her eye flowing down on her cheek but she smiled..her eyes were happy..Ravi took her face in both his hands and made her look at him..

He raised his eyebrows and nodded slightly, looking as if he was asking a question..the oldies were confused about what they both were saying by signalling each other..

Vivetha nodded smiling and happy tears were finally out while Ravi hugged her..he smiled with a grin and carried her up without realising his parents and the place..Vivetha's hands were placed on her shoulders and she was blushing as her husband was acting crazy, finding the truth about him going to become a father very soon..

"Amma, you are going to be a grandma, appa you will be a grandpa soon!" He hugged his parents happily and they blessed Vivetha after listening to the news..

Ravi wanted to be with her, but he was on leave for a week only, and had to leave for the borders..though the family was overjoyed but the complaint about not telling them first was with each one of them..

"Amma, I was not aware of this..the  day we got Ganpati and I felt uncomfortable. I suspected and found for I'm expecting and then I went to the lab I found it had been from last nine weeks" she tried to give them all an explanation which really surprised them as Vivetha was herself a responsible scientist and was working on foetus development only..

************

Months passed and Vivetha missed Ravi..they talked on call and Ravi tried his best to get a place with a good connection to talk to her every time.. She was happy.. Her family was there for her but Ravi was not..

It was when she was in labor and texted a message to him but was unable to complete it..

Please come for me and your..

Her amma took her phone and all she remembered was her and Ravi's amma-appa walking with her and she was on the stretcher in the middle of the night..

The next day, in the early morning, she was up..she opened her eyes slowly..blinking twice or thrice, she moved her neck to see the room..it was all so silent and the clock said 5:21 AM in the air-conditioned room. She was in..

She looked down and the most precious  being, wrapped in pink clothes, was resting peacefully in the white cradle..she blinked again to get a clear view and saw the loose paper band around the wrist of the cute little baby of hers..

"MITRAN, VIVETHA
DOB : 03/03/2024
ADMIT : 03/03/2024
AGE : 1D SEX : M"

She was happy to see her son. She was still for a moment and a tear escaped her eye..she turned her neck and searched for her phone and saw it in someone's hand, sitting next to her..

She grabbed her phone, ignoring Ravi..her chat was open and she saw the blue tick on her message. She was happy.. She scrolled up and down unnecessarily expecting a reply.. She looked again at her son and her phone made a sound..

She was so lost that she didn't notice Ravi, she saw the reply..

My MITRAN 😉

She smiled, still looking at her son..Ravi cleared his throat, making a sound to get her attention and she saw her..she was blank with happiness.. He leaned toward her and kissed her forehead and said, "Thank you!"

She smiled and asked, "Major Ravi Chandran, did you name your daughter?"..she was acting like a senior officer.."Of course, I named my son, Mitran..I have a partner now", Ravi replied..

"Son?" Vivetha asked."Hmm!" Ravi replied,"But he wore PINK", Vivetha said,"So what, every baby wears pink here", Ravi replied..

"Amma-appa" Vivetha asked.."There they are..waiting for their turn to come" Ravi replied, smiling and signalling at the glass door where all of them were waiting and peeping in..Vivetha smiled..

"When did you come?" Vivetha asked.."Whenever you message me those  four words..I have to come by any means and this time you were not the only one..I was here for my daughter", Ravi replied..

"Oh I see..your daughter!" Vivetha said chuckling.."No worries, he is also fine. I have got a new friend, That's why I named him Mitran. I'll get a daughter sooner or later anyway", he said..

"Oh..Hmm..WHAT!" Vivetha replied absentmindedly, seeing her son, but then was shocked after emphasizing what he said at last..Ravi laughed aloud at her reaction..

Everyone came one after the other to meet Vivetha and their grandson..they were happy to see Ravi and Vivetha with their newborn..

***********

A few months later, Ravi got posted in a PEACE region and the couple, alongwith Mitran, lived together in Army quarters.. Their parents visited them often and both started a new life with new responsibilities and workspace..

★★★★★★★★★★

Long-distance relationships are really special.. You don't see your love every day or at every moment, but whenever you do, you live the fullest..

Military men have got strong bodies but soft hearts..working far away FROM their families, their wives and waiting for those few days when they come back home, see their family happy for them and record all those moments to live until the next time they visit them..

I hope you liked Ravi and Vive 's story..this one was based on true events!!

For all those who are at borders and in long-distance relationships, do comment and share as you OPINION MATTERS!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5K 23
This book is going to contain some short stories. Please do give it a try It will be worth it. (Request closed) Story cover by:- @jasmine0786. Thank...
136K 3.4K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind
2.6K 47 11
A collection a one shot short stories of the couples from my 18+ one shot story.
27.9K 1.1K 24
hear you all will get.. beautiful few shorts... on my LOVE ❤ swasan... But I will be not able to upload daily... but as soon I get my time I wil...