This is the day (9-1-1: Lone...

By ChloeOgradyXo

Avery Strand has never been able to catch a break. From losing her mom to nearly losing her brother and best... More

This is the day (9-1-1: Lone Star) (TITM #2)

Chapter One

198 14 1
By ChloeOgradyXo

It has been a few weeks since Carlos and T.K.'s engagement party and the day Charlotte and Avery decided to make their relationship official. Since Owen is at work, Avery has been spending the day reading and talking to Megan on the phone. Avery has been too engrossed in her book, she hasn't realised that Megan is packing a suitcase until she looks up to say something.

'Wait, why are you packing?' Avery asks, confused.

'I was wondering how long it would take for you to notice.' Megan chuckles.

'So?' Avery raises an eyebrow.

'I need to get out of Austin for a little bit, things are getting a bit too much for me to handle. So, I'm going to head to L.A. and stay with my dad. I don't know how long I'll be there but I think it will be good for me.' Megan explains.

'Well,' Avery sighs, 'at least you're telling someone and not running off like I've done.' She adds, causing them both to laugh. 'I'm glad you're taking time for yourself though.'

'If I decide to stay for, let's say, longer than like a month, you can come visit.' Megan tells her.

'I might do.' Avery nods. 'Does anyone know you're going?'

'Erm, T.K, Carlos and your dad.' Megan states.

'What about Jason?'

'I haven't thought of how to tell him yet.' Megan responds. 'I have a shift in about an hour, so I'll tell him after I finish. Carlos is picking me up at eight to take me to the airport. Anyways, what are you planning to do for the rest of the day?' Megan asks. 'Actually, let me guess, read?' She adds with a laugh.

'Actually,' Avery starts, matter of fact, 'Charlotte is coming over in about an hour. We're going to do some baking. I mentioned to Charlotte that I used to love baking back in L.A. but when I moved here I just didn't do it anymore, so she suggested we bake something together.'

'Re-wind, you bake?' Megan asks, surprised. 'Damn, girl, I'm learning something new about you all the time.' She chuckles.

'I lost a lot of myself after my mom died and I moved here and then obviously when I found out about everything. Also, my eating disorder kinda made me scared of baking but I've worked through that fear during therapy. The only thing I didn't drop was reading.' Avery replies. They're both silent for a few moments. 'Anyways, I gotta go get ready and make sure I have everything we'll need.'

'Coolio.' Megan nods.

'If we don't talk before you leave, you'll let me know you got there safely, right?'

'Of course.' Megan smiles. 'Bye, bitch.' She makes a peace sign.

'Bye, bitch.' Avery replies, making the same peace sign before they end the call. Avery closes her book and heads down to the kitchen to make sure she has everything she needs. Once she's satisfied she has everything, she heads up to her room to get ready. She gets changed into her Lucy and Yak sunflower dungarees, with a cream ribbed sweater underneath before brushing her hair and putting it up into a messy bun. By the time she's ready, she only has twenty minutes until Charlotte is due to arrive so she heads downstairs to wait. After fifteen minutes, there's a knock at the door. A grin spreads across Avery's face as she jumps up and runs to the door. She opens it and Charlotte steps into the house.

'Hi.' Charlotte smiles.

'Hey.' Avery smiles back. 'I made sure we have everything so we don't have to go to the store.'

'Cool.' Charlotte nods as they walk through to the kitchen. 'What kind of cake are we making?'

'I was thinking of funfetti?' Avery suggests. 'It was my favourite when I was a kid. We could also make a lemon drizzle.'

'Sounds good.' Charlotte grins as she takes her coat off and drapes it over one of the bar stools. 'Callie was begging to come even though mom told her this was a date.' Charlotte laughs. 'So, Callie made me promise to bring some back for her.'

'Why don't we have a baking day with her soon? Like in a couple of weeks maybe?' Avery suggests. Charlotte thinks for a few moments.

'Yeah.' Charlotte nods. 'She'll love that. We can do it at mine and you can stay the night.' She grabs hold of Avery's hand. 'How's that sound?'

'Good.' Avery smiles slightly, redness creeping up her cheeks.

'Yeah?' Charlotte raises an eyebrow, gently pulling Avery into her.

'Yeah.' Avery whispers. 'More than good.' She adds before they share a kiss. They part and Charlotte tucks a loose strand of hair behind Avery's ear. 'Thanks.' Avery blushes again.

'No problem.' Charlotte grins, moving her hand from the strand of Avery's hair to Avery's cheek. 'Shall we get on with it?' Charlotte motions to the kitchen counter and the ingredients and equipment that are already laid out.

'Erm, yeah.' Avery nods. They both walk to the sink, wash their hands and stand at the counter. 'So, I was planning on having a flour fight too but my dad warned me against it, he knew what I was planning without me even saying anything.'

'Well, you are kinda predictable and it is a hundred per cent something you would do.' Charlotte laughs, shaking her head. The two start weighing out the ingredients and making the batters. Half an hour later, the cakes are in the oven. Avery and Charlotte sit down in the front room.

'That didn't take as long as I thought it would.' Charlotte chuckles.

'Time flies.' Avery grins.

'What should we do whilst they're in the oven?' Charlotte questions.

'I can think of a way.' Avery smirks before straddling Charlotte. She rests her hands on Charlotte's shoulder whilst Charlotte places her hands on Avery's waist.

'Yeah?' Charlotte raises an eyebrow.

'Mm-hm.' Avery bites her lower lip before leaning forward and softly kissing her girlfriend. Charlotte pushes deeper into the kiss eliciting a groan from Avery. Charlotte's arms roam over Avery's lower back whilst Avery's hands find their way to Charlotte's cheeks. Before anything more can be said or done, they hear the noise of the door being unlocked and opening. Avery quickly scrambles off of Charlotte's lap and sits next to her. A few minutes later, Carlos walks in. 'Hey, what are you doing here?' Avery asks him, confused.

'Owen asked me to pop by, make sure you haven't burnt the place down or covered the entire place in flour.' Carlos tells her. 'Was I interrupting something?'

'Nope.' The two girls say together, a bit too quickly.

'Then why are you both as red as tomatoes?' Carlos smirks. The two girls share a look before laughing. 'Now that I know that the house is being burnt down and that it isn't covered in flour, I will leave you two to it. See you whenever.'

'Bye.' Avery smiles. Carlos walks out and leaves, locking the front door behind him.

.

A few hours later, the cakes are done and decorated. Charlotte is getting ready to leave.

'I had fun today.' Charlotte states as she puts her coat on.

'Me too.' Avery replies, grinning as she hands over a box containing a few slices of each cake. Charlotte takes the box with a grin.

'I'll call you later?' Charlotte asks and Avery nods. 'I love you.' The two girls share a quick kiss.

'Love you too.' Avery responds as they part. She walks her girlfriend to the door, unlocks it and opens it. 'Bye.'

'Bye.' Charlotte nods before walking out. Avery closes the door, locks it and leans against it, smiling.

.

Later that night, Avery is in her reading room reading Destroy the Day by Brigid Kemmerer when she decides to take a break. She places her bookmark in the book, closes it and sets in down before heading down to the kitchen. She opens the fridge and gets out a bottle of juice and her snack box. As she's getting a glass out of the cabinet, there's a knock at the door. She furrows her brows, wondering who it could be before placing the glass down, walking to the front door, unlocking it and opening it. On the other side is Jason, tears streaming down his face.

'Jase, what's going on?' She asks, concerned as she lets him in and closes the door.

'She left,' Jason says, 'Megan, she left. She broke up with me and then she left.' He sobs. Not knowing what to say, since Megan didn't tell her this part of her plan, Avery steps forward and pulls him into her arms.

'It's going to be okay.' She whispers, reassuring him. After a few moments, they part. 'Charlotte and I baked cake earlier, you want some?'

'You made cake?' Jason chuckles softly, wiping his eyes.

'Yep.' Avery grins. 'Cake fixes everything, right?'

'Right.' Jason smiles slightly, nodding. 'Question, what cake?'

'Funfetti and lemon drizzle.' Avery tells him.

'Ah, your specialities.' Jason approves. 'Let's go then.' The two of them make their way through to the kitchen. Jason sits at the table whilst Avery gets the cakes, a couple of knives, forks and plates before joining Jason. 'What made you start baking again?' Jason asks.

'Well, I was talking about it in therapy and my therapist suggested I did some baking with someone so when I mentioned it to Charlotte, she brought up the idea of having a baking date.' Avery explains as she cuts them both a slice from each cake and plates them. 'It was nice to be baking again.' Jason takes a bite of the cake, closing his eyes and groaning as he savours the taste causing Avery to laugh.

'I've missed your cakes.' He points the fork at her once he's swallowed.

'I missed them too.' Avery chuckles as she takes her own bite. 'Listen, why don't you stay here tonight? Dad will understand and he won't mind. We can have a movie night.'

'Sure.' Jason smiles slightly.

'Day and night.' Avery smiles, nudging him slightly with her shoulder.

'Day and night.' Jason smiles back.

~~~~~~~~

This is the start of the new book! What do you think will happen in this one? Anything in particular you want to see happen?

Make sure to go read Addicted: To You for the continuation of Megan's story! 

Let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 18.1K 90
as usual many dramas, emotions, fluffy , angst, and most importantly soo much love. top tae bot kook no cheating no threesom No skin ship with others
803K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
213K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
161K 5.7K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...