Begin Again

By jamesbetch

Everyone in the wizarding world knows the story of the Potter's. James Potter who died that faithful night in... More

Characters Pt. 1
Characters Pt. 2
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author's Note
Chapter 6

Chapter 3

90 3 0
By jamesbetch

MAJOR TIME SKIP

Saturday, June 19, 1976

Stephanie was getting ready to head back home. Fourth year had officially ended the day before and now it was time for the summer break to begin. She couldn't wait to see her parents and her brothers again. Cole, Damian, Damon, and Atlas had already graduated and Will had graduated a few days ago.

In a couple of months, she would only return with Lorenzo and Matthew who would be starting their seventh year and with Chris who would start his sixth year.

Stephanie and Hermione finished getting ready in their dorms before heading down to the common room to meet the boys. Stephanie's snowy owl, Athena, was in her cage while Hermione carried her cat, Crookshanks.

The five teenagers went to eat breakfast at the Great Hall before heading to Hogsmeade Station to board the Hogwarts Express. They were excited to be able to hang out together without the troubles of dealing with school work.

They had been living with Stephanie and her family even since their first year. Stephanie invited them, with her parents' permission, to her house for Christmas break and they all got along well.

Once the school year was coming to an end, Harry, Luke, Ron and Hermione realized they had nowhere to live for the summer break. They had lied to Stephanie, telling her that they had gotten kick out of the orphanage once they received their Hogwarts letters which is why they couldn't go back to live there.

Stephanie had immediately owled her parents, begging them to let her friends stay with them as they had no where else to go and her parents easily agreed.

Rhaenyra and Alexander Thornhart had always wanted a big family, and they did have one. After having so many sons, they wanted a daughter and their wish was granted once Stephanie was born. They would always welcome any kids who needed help with open arms, ready to comfort them.

The Thornhart Manor was huge so there was no problem for more people to move in. The Manor had 18 bedrooms and 22 bathrooms. Each Thornhart child had their own bedroom while the parents shared the master bedroom.

The house elves that worked for the Thornhart's shared a bedroom, as they wanted to share a bunk bed. They were brothers, Twinkle, the oldest and Wrinkle, the youngest. They were free eleves that worked for the Thornhart's out of loyalty rather than being forced to.

Even though there was four remaining rooms, enough for her friends to have their own room, they refused to use them. The boys shared a room, something they said they preferred while Hermione shared a room with Stephanie.

Both of the girls were more than thrilled about this as they didn't have any sisters of their own. Stephanie had always wished for a sister and she found that in Hermione. They told each other everything. Whether it was about boys, music, crushes, homework, or personal problems, they always went to each other.

Or to Lily Evans. The older witch became like an older sister to the two girls. They first met a couple of days after they started their first year and immediately Lily had taken them under her wing.

The trio had found a new sense of girlhood between them.

A sisterhood.

There was now about five hours left before they arrived at King's Cross, so Stephanie decided now was the time to go say her goodbyes to two of her best friends.

Regulus and Barty quickly became some of her closest friends, so much so that the girl saw them as her younger brothers.

They couldn't hang out in public as some of Regulus' cousins, Bellatrix, or other Slytherins wouldn't hesitate to tell his parents.

Which is why the trio would hang out in secret. In the library as they had found a secret hidden spot that no one knew about, in an abandoned classroom or in the Room of Requirement. All of which they found in their first year.

Stephanie walked down the aisle of the train, trying to find the two Slytherins. Soon enough, she finds them sitting together in a compartment.

"Reggie! Barty!" Stephanie yells before quickly throwing her arms around them.

"Steph!" Barty yells back with the same level of enthusiasm.

"Is there really a reason for all of this yelling?"

"I missed you. That's why."

"We saw each other yesterday." Reggie replies with a deadpan look.

"So?"

"Yeah, Regulus. So?" Barty says.

Reggie rolls his eyes as Stephanie sits down on the bench across from the two boys. But not before pulling down the blinds so that any passerby wouldn't see her with them.

Stephanie wasn't ashamed of her friendship with the two Slytherins, as she constantly talked about them to her other friends, but she knew that if the wrong people were to find out Regulus would be in trouble.

Even though Barty was a pureblood, his family didn't have the same believes as the Black's. But she also couldn't be seen being friends with him because if Orion and Walburga Black found out that one of their son's friends was hanging out with a halfblood, they would force Regulus to stop being friends with Barty.

The door to the compartment slides open causing Stephanie to slightly jump. She relaxed once she saw who was the witch that was standing in the doorway.

"Pandora!"

The blonde witch immediately close the door before hugging Stephanie. The boys shared a look of amusement as the two witches squealed.

"Stephanie! It feels as though I haven't seen you in forever."

"You saw her yesterday." Regulus cuts in.

"Reggie, shush." The girls say in unison causing Barty to cackle.

Even though Pandora was in Ravenclaw, Regulus' parents didn't mind him being friends with her as she was a Lestrange.

"So are you all going to come over this summer?" Stephanie asks them hopefully.

Ever since their first year, the three of them would come over to the Thornhart Manor for at least a few days. Obviously if Reggie's and Pandora's parents found out where they were actually going, they would obviously punish them.

Which is why, with the help of Mrs. Crouch, they would tell their parents that they would actually be going over to the Crouch household. Then Mrs. Crouch would floo to the Thornhart Manor to drop them off.

Regulus and Barty would never admit it but they enjoyed the other Gryffindors company. Obviously Harry, Luke, Ron and Hermione would be present when they would stay over.

But because they were Gryffindors, they claimed they were all boring and annoying. Which Stephanie took great offense to as she is also a Gryffindor, before they quickly stated that she was the only bearable Gryffindor.

Though they did once say that out of the four of them, the one they 'tolerated' the most was Luke. Something about him being the most like her.

"Of course!"

"Yeah."

"If I have to."

"Thanks for the enthusiasm, Reginald."

"My name isn't Reginal-"

"Anyways!" Stephanie cuts Regulus off causing Barty to snicker. "I came to say my goodbyes but I also came to give you this."

Stephanie pulls out three leather bound journals out of her bag.

"A diary?"

"It's not just a diary." She says while flashing a look at Barty. "I charmed them so that we can communicate with each other without having to send letters. Whatever you write can either be seen by all of us or just by the person you want to send it to."

She hand them their journal before grabbing her own out of her bag. She smile as she sees Pandora gasp in excitement, Barty with a wide grin and Regulus with a smile that he was trying to conceal.

Back in first year, during Christmas break, she sent a letter to Regulus not realizing how severe her innocent actions could turn out to be.

She had her owl, Athena, deliver his christmas present. Considering the Black's weren't familiar with the snowy owl, they checked to see who was sending their youngest son a letter.

Once they found out who it was from, they demanded answers from Regulus as to why he was receiving christmas presents from a 'filthy halfbreed'.

Regulus never told her what lie he came up with or what his parents did to him but she knew they had punished him. He came from Christmas break with marks and bruises all over his back and arms.

He told her not to worry about it but deep down Stephanie felt guilty. She didn't know that her actions would cause him harm, had she known she would have never sent him a letter.

It was safe to say that Stephanie never sent him a letter again with her owl, as they kept an eye out for that snowy owl. Instead she would sent the letters to Barty and he would send them alongside his letters. They would do the same with Pandora as she quickly found out that her parents were the same as Regulus'.

But now with these journals they didn't have to go through any of those risks anymore. And it was much quicker. They could receive a reply in seconds while sending letters, especially with sending them to Barty and then Barty sending them to them, took much longer and they could go a couple of days without a reply.

"How did you do this?" Barty asks.

"Magic." She replies with a teasing smile and jazz hands.

"No, seriously. How did you do this?"

"I charmed it. I've been working on them since the beginning of the year. I wanted to give them to you for Christmas but they weren't ready yet and couldn't really figure it out so I asked Professor Flitwick."

"I told you Stephanie was one of his favorite students!" Barty exclaims while pointing at Pandora.

"He doesn't have favorites. I just pay attention and do my work on time."

"He literally does. He can't stand me."

"That's because you never shut up." Regulus says.

"And because you don't turn your work in on time." Pandora adds.

"Or it's half assed because you copied from one of us." Stephanie finishes.

"Woah, woah, woah. What is it? National attack Barty Day?" He says with an offended look.

"Yes." The three teenagers say in unison.

"Get out of our compartment." He says to the giggling girls.

"Fine, fine! We're going!" Stephanie says while they both stand up after Barty tried to kick their shins.

"Bye Reggie! Bye Barty!" The giggling girls say in unison.

Stephanie hugs Regulus tightly before kissing his cheek. She changes position with Pandora and tries to do the same to Barty, who tried to push her away.

"No! I don't want your hugs or kisses!" Barty says while crossing his arms and looking away from her dramatically.

"Well, too bad. You're gonna get them." She says before tightly hugging him and smothering his face in kisses.

"No! Get away! Regulus, help me!" Barty screams dramatically.

Regulus and Pandora watch them in amusement while laughing at their antics. Stephanie finally pulling away while giggling as Barty dramatically leans far away with a traumatized look on his face.

"You traitor! You didn't help me!" He yells to Regulus.

"I didn't feel like it." He replies causing the girls to cackle.

"Out!" Barty yells at the laughing girls.

"Bye!" Pandora calls out.

"Don't forget to write to us in the journal."

"I definitely won't be writing to you, thank you very much." Barty sassily replies.

"Yes, you will. You can't live without me, Bartemius."

Stephanie watches as he loudly gasps before quickly standing up and running over to the laughing girls. They squeal in surprise before running away while yelling, leaving behind Regulus who was loudly cackling and Barty who decided he was too lazy to run after them.

"Bye Reggie! Bye Bartemius!" Stephanie yells out over her shoulder while running away with Pandora who was cackling.

"Screw you, Thornhart!"

"Love you too!"

A/N: Hi, I was finally able to upload. Like I said before my sister had to get surgery and I had to help my mom with taking care of my niece. And my niece got sick a couple of days ago and got the rest of us sick so I wasn't feeling well but I still wanted to write something and upload.

So I hope you all enjoy!

Please comment and vote!!

Ok, bye!!

NOT EDITED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218 2 6
Lucerys Regulus Black. The son of accused murderer and fugitive, Sirius Black, and mentally unstable and insane, Sofia Black. While the entire wizard...
168K 4.7K 25
Harry didn't only have a godfather but also a godmother. A godmother who was sent to Azkaban for betraying his parents, James and Lily Potter. A godm...
9.3K 364 31
What if Remus had twin sisters, Rose and Roxanne? And what if Tonks was Sirius' younger sister? And what if there was a fourth Marauder instead of Wo...
92.4K 2.6K 60
Diana Potter, though a year younger, had the best bond with her brother James. They where best friends. And I'm saying 'where' because the oldest of...