The Distance Between Us

By 2kluvv_cvpid

๐ฟ๐’พ๐“๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ˆ ๐’ป๐“‡๐‘œ๐“‚ ๐‘€๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐‘”๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐’ฉ๐‘œ๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐’ž๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘œ๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐’ถ๐’ป๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ป๐’ถ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 5

2 0 0
By 2kluvv_cvpid

I wait outside for about 5 minutes after I ring the doorbell, as I think nobody's going to answer the door ends up swinging open making me flinch. Miguel looks down at me, I watch as his smile slowly fades til theres nothing left.

I watch as is eyes slowly go up and down my frame making me self conscious. He walks out of the way and motions me to come in. "Can I help you with something Lilah?" He questions making me confused.

"O-oh uhm, y-you said everyone was coming over to watch a m-movie," I say confused now looking around. Is no one here yet?  I look at my phone, it say's it's 8:37.. I'm a little late so why is no one here? I look up at Miguel to see he's already looking at me with an eyebrow arched.

"Lilah.." He starts scratching the back of his neck trying to look for the right words. I nod my head already knowing what he's going to say next. 

My mom was right... They were using me, but for what? This happened back in Michigan, every person I knew either wanted me for my body or wanted to get close just to get closer with my best friend. God I'm so stupid.

Miguel looks at me confused like he doesn't know why I'm nodding, "It's okay... I- uhm I'll leave then," I go to leave but he blocks me from the door. "What? Why are you leaving?" Miguel says like he's trying to stall me.

"You guy's lied about the movie just to make fun of me I g-get it, it was funny joke, you guy's used me for w-what I have no clue but it was f-funny.." I say trying to hold the tears in not wanting to look weaker than what I already was.

"Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday do you.. Happy Birthday to lilah.. Happy birthday to you," I look towards the stairs and see the whole friend group walking down them while Eli is in front carrying a cake with candles. They all walk in front of me singing the song until it's over.

I start to cry even harder realizing that they actually faked the whole movie plan to surprise me for my birthday and I practically just called them all liars. "Boo Boo why are you crying? This is supposed to be a happy moment. You're going to make me cry," Eli states fanning his face dramatically while trying not to drop the cake.

"Lilah why are you crying?" Maddy asks looking concerned. "I've n-never had a birthday c-cake or had anyone sing h-happy birthday to m-me." I manage to say while crying. Miguel wraps his arms around me laying his chin on my head comforting me. "Make a wish." He whispers.

I wish I never lose these guys like I lost my dad.. God please don't take them away from me.

I open my eyes and blow out the candles, everyone starts clapping except Eli which causes him to pout and set the cake on the floor just so he can be apart of this. 

Lilly picks up the cake giving Eli a disgusted look, Eli holds his heart falling to the ground dramatically like she hurt his feelings.

________________________

After we all eat the whole cake we go into the living room to pick out a movie. Maddy picked IT, Lilly picked the Conjuring, Eli picks the Grinch, Miguel picked Child's play. They all looked at me saying I needed to pick which one to watch since I didn't pick a movie.

I really wanted to go for the Grinch but for everybody's sake I chose IT. "Come on Boo Boo lets go make some popcorn," Eli grabs my hand and starts to yank me up but stops once Miguel grabs my other hand pulling me back down. "No," he says glaring at Eli. I look between both of them until they both look at me like they wanted me to choose.

"Miguel why don't you go make popcorn with Eli," I offer which caused them both to gasp dramatically. Miguel throws my hand away crossing his arms and whipping his head away from me. "Come on Boo Boo."

________________________

"Float? Oh indeed they do, Georgie. Indeed they do. Everything down here floats. And when you're down here with us..." Pennywise says, while he pauses I grab Miguel's arm squeezing it like it'll protect me. "YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!" I scream instantly shoving my face in Miguels neck.

God he smells so good

After the movie finishes we turn the tv off and clean the popcorn bowls. "We should probably leave," Maddy says looking at the time. "No you guys should spend the night, it's pretty late and there could be monsters outside.." Eli starts to look around then peeks outside through the blinds.

Miguel and Eli both walk downstairs a couple of minutes later with blankets for us to sleep on the couch with. I look around figuring out where I'm going to end up sleeping, there is a love seat for two people, a recliner, and a long couch that could fit three to four people sitting wise. I don't know so much about sleeping wise tho..

Lilly and Maddy both take the love seat and Eli lay's back in his recliner, I look at all three of them just to see them staring back at me and Miguel. I look at Miguel then at the long couch sighing knowing they just set us up.

I internally shake my head while climbing onto the couch with my blanket. Once I'm all situated Miguel get onto the couch laying right next to me, I chose to have my back facing him to be respectful. That thought immediately leaves my head when I feel Miguel pull me closer to him wrapping his arms around my waist and laying his head in the crook of my neck. 

As I'm about to drift off to sleep I hear Miguel whisper "You're so pretty, such a beautiful girl," I start to blush wondering if he said that half asleep and half awake or said it thinking I was asleep. I'll never know unless I ask and I'm definitely too shy to ask. After three minutes goes by I end up falling asleep in Miguels arms.

I wake up in the middle of the night feeling something in my stomach, I have to pee. How am I going to get this giant off of me? He ways like 217 pounds. I nudge Miguel a little bit hoping I won't wake anyone other than him. When that doesn't work I start to say his name hoping to wake him up before I pee on Eli's couch.

I start to work his arm's off of me thinking I might actually do this without having to wake him up. I internally smile and flex my muscles until I feel Miguel wrap his arms back around me tugging me down with him. "No," I hear him mumble. 

"Miguel, I have to pee," I whine trying to loosen his grip around my waist.He laughs a little making his chest vibrate onto my abdomen. He loosens his grip on me letting me get up, but the only way I'm able to get up is to climb over him. I walk to the bathroom around the hall and feel the pain in my stomach disappear slowly.

As I walk out of the bathroom I'm being lifted into the air, Miguel wraps his hands under my butt giving me a light tap. He carries me over the the couch throwing me on it, then he dives in after me causing me to giggle. He lays his head on my chest sighing.

________________________

I wake up to see everyone standing around me looking terrified, "Oh my gosh Boo Boo, you scared us. You weren't waking up and we all thought you were dead," Eli says fanning his face dramatically.

Sometimes I wonder if he's gay by the amount of dramatic acts he shows, I mean I've never seen him with a girl during the time I've known him. Even if he was gay it wouldn't change our friendship.

I start to get up but when I do I fall right back down, my stomach starts to cramp and my legs start to shake. "Lilah?" Lilly says freaking out. "What's happening?" I hear someone ask as my eyes shut. I jump up screaming "BOO!"

Eli jumps into Maddy's arms, Lilly hides behind them, and Miguel just stares at me unfazed. 

________________________

~Miguel's POV~

God she's so gorgeous 

I've been up for thirty minutes just staring at her as she sleeps peacefully. After about every ten minutes she'll snort a little causing me to smile at her cuteness. I decided I should get up and go shower. While I'm in the shower all I can think about it Lilah. Seeing her beautiful face sleeping, watching her smile at something Eli said or does, watching her look up at me whenever I tilt her chin up.

Once my mind starts to think about her standing in front of me in the shower naked I yank the curtain open turning the water off quickly drying off not wanting to think of her like that. 

When I walk down the stairs I see everyone huddled around her just staring down at her, "Oh good you're here! We can't wake her up and Eli thinks she's dead," Maddy say's grabbing my arm dragging me over to where I was fifty minutes ago. I look down at Lilah, she looks so peaceful, I bend down shaking her a little. 

S-she's not waking up.. I close my eyes starting to pray 'Dear God, I get that I can be a really shitty person but please I beg of you don't take her from me. Dammit God if you take her from me I will never forgive you.. Please..' I beg 'Don't make me lose her, I can't handle loosing someone I love again.'

Did.. Did I just say I love her? I open my eyes realizing I love her. 

I start to shake her more harder than I did last time. When she doesn't wake I tell her "Lilah, fuck wake up please. I love you and I'm not willing to have you die without telling you it because if you died and I didn't tell you I'll never forgive you for leaving before I tell you but I'll never forgive myself for holding it back for so long."

I feel everyones eyes on me in an instant but thats the least of my worries at the moment. I stand up, as I'm about to walk away I hear Lilah groan. I turn around and see her beautiful amber golden eyes start to open up. 

All I can do is just stand there and stare at her. "Oh my gosh Boo Boo, you scared us. You weren't waking up and we all thought you were dead," Eli's dramatic ass says while fanning his dumb face. As Lilah starts to get up she falls right back down, I watch as her legs start shaking not knowing what to do. 

I freeze up. What do I do? I can't go up to her and help her I'll look dumb. I can't just stand here and do nothing either. Next thing I know Lilah jumps up screaming "BOO!" 

In the corner of my eye I see Eli jump into Maddy's arms and Lilly hiding behind both of them. I make my face go completely blank not wanting to show the fear that was in my eyes. Lilah's eyes make contact with me as she's still smiling.

I need to leave, if I don't leave I'm going to explode and blurt out all of my feelings and thoughts towards this girl. I know that if I do that I'm going to scare her away and I just can't bare her walking out of my life.

I walk away grabbing my keys from the end table near the recliner, I open the door and slam it shut. As I'm walking towards my truck I try and get as much air into my lungs as I can because right now I feel like I can't breathe what so ever. I climb into my truck putting it in drive and driving wherever it takes me which sounds corny but I have no clue on where I'm going. I'm just driving around at this point.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66 0 6
โ™›โœงเผบ...
7.5K 140 20
"๐”๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ"๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ž๐š๐ซ. ...
602 7 33
๐™ถ๐š’๐š•๐š•๐š’๐šŠ๐š—: ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ๐š˜๐š ๐š— ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š•๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š™๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ๐šž๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ๐š•๐š’๐š๐šŽ ๐š‘๐š˜๐š  ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šœ ๐š’๐šœ ๐šœ๐š๐šž๐šŒ๐š” ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š๐š ๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š— ๐š๐š ๐š˜๐š— ๐š ๐š˜๏ฟฝ...
2K 191 22
17 ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜‹๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ป ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜บ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ...