Like a Cinderella

By Dranonymous21

I have suffered a lot. And he made sure to make me suffer more. He did every possible way to torture me. B... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Authors note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Author's note.
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 18

75 6 0
By Dranonymous21

Delilah Sinclair

"You all have to submit this research work before deadlines, and also write the references of the books that you use."

Ma'am announces and tells us the details of the project, the last project, and the assignment of this semester before exams.

" This is the last project of your semester, and on its basis, you all are going to get promoted to next semester. Make sure to invest enough energy to get an A on it."

Ma'am says taking her files in her hands.

"Class dismissed."
She leaves the class.

I look over to the bench where Isaac and Christian are sitting, It's been 3 days since Abraham isn't coming to college.

I have emailed them on all 3 days, First about telling him about the competition that won, and the remaining two were just me asking him about his absence, I know that's the least I should have done, But, I wanted him to know, I care about my partner, I care about everyone I work with.

"Hi, Isaac. Hi, Cristain." I wave at them.

They smile back.

I have decided to ask Isaac about Abraham today.

Isaac comes over to me.

" Where is Abraham? I need to discuss the project with him." I tell him while we head towards the cafe.

"Oh, Actually, he has some family business, I mean some family affairs. He is out of the city."
Isaac says, not looking at me.

I wonder what could it be.

"So, when is he coming back?" I am still looking at him and asking.

"I don't know, I did talk to him but It might take a long."

He is still looking at his feet.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Abraham Walton

Jacob has been shifted to our villa, for the last two days.

A physiotherapist has been seeing him too.

He has been doing the recent exercises on his bed, but the physiotherapist said that soon, he will be able to stand on his feet.

I am happy, things are going well and things are okay.

I enter Jacob's room, the room smells more like a hospital probably because of the fragrance of antiseptics in the air.

The physiotherapist is almost done with his work.

And a nurse is injecting something in Jacob's cannula.

I approach the Physiotherapist and whisper in his
ear "Is Jacob doing well?"
So Jacob doesn't hear even if he is not doing it so well.

"Oh, He is doing great. Instead, it is the 1st time I have seen a patient this eager to stand on his feet all over again, maybe he has a lot of work he is so curious to complete."

The doctor announces and looks at Jacob smiling at him.

Jacob nods and smiles.

"I have some unfinished tasks that I need to get done."

His voice is so feeble, but his strength shakes the cells in my spine.

The physiotherapist leaves.

And I sit beside Jacob's bed.

"You should go back to attend your university."

He says holding my hand with so much love and so much affection as if he is my father. He is the elder brother who has always treated me as if I am his son as if I am the only dearest thing he has ever owned.

"I will, but once you will be able to stand back on your feet."

I say, looking at his face, that still looks pale.

"I am fine, trust me. I feel so strong emotionally, I don't fear death anymore. I don't fear anything, Abraham."

He is still holding my hand, His voice is still low, still weak but there is something about it that makes me believe that he is alright, he is fine more fine than ever.

"Were you afraid of death, before?"

I hear myself questioning this.

He looks at me, meets my eyes for a second, and then looks at the ceiling and He nods.

"Really?"

I don't believe him, He has always been my superhero. I think he fears nothing. He spent most of his time with Mom but when Mom left he didn't shed a tear.

He loved a girl but left her because he wanted to look after the mafia and business, and I always thought, I have always believed if your body can bear the absence of your loved ones, you fear nothing in this world, not even death.

"Yeah. But, once the fears come true, they are not your fears anymore, they become your strength."

He takes his hands away from mine. And tilts his head to his left to take the glass of water present on his side table.

"wait, Jacob." I stand up and pour him a glass of water.

"You should go back, Abraham. You had a life there, Isaac and your friends. I don't like you keep sitting here all day, getting bored. I have always wanted you to enjoy your life to the fullest." He holds the glass of water.

"Okay, I will." I give up arguing with his person.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Delilah Sinclair

It's been 4 days 5, the routine is not a routine anymore, a schedule of time, it's random, more like a mess, I am skipping meals and sleep because I can't manage time for it, I am attending university in the morning and going to part-time job in the evening,

it was always like that, but now I am doing my mom's small business work too, she needs my help, and I offer her all I can and I sit down to work till dawn.

Ava helps me most of the time until she gets scolded by her mom for not focusing on her career and studies

And Noah is always busy, and I can't complain and I don't, He is a medical student, and I know he has a lot to study and learn.

Isaac is busy with research work with his partner. And Abraham. I hate how my mind always ends up thinking about him. Even when he is not around, he always is. Is it because I am so scared of him, maybe?

I always wanted him to help me only with our final research work and now he is out of the city probably on a trip.

I am sitting on the football ground. There is not a single human being here, and the sun is playing hide and seek behind the clouds, which is not too much today.

It's a good weather day today, unlike my mood.

I have 6-7 books open in front of me, my laptop, and a notebook, and a number of highlighters and pens.

I am reading the text and trying to write my report I have to write about the psychology of the author from reading the text, and of course, I need a partner for this thing.

I really feel like hitting my head with a concrete wall. Even Abraham's absence is hell torturing me, I should have got my partner changed, he never works with me. I am so angry at him.

"Hi," A girl with a pink sweater and jeans says coming towards me.

"yeah, Hi." I smile back at her.

"You are from my literature class, but why are you working alone? Where is your partner?"

She sits down without waiting for my permission.

"that Psychopath billionaire is out of the city."

I say, highlighting a main point in the book.

"Abraham Walton? Is he your Partner?"
She laughs.

"Yeah." I am mad at Abraham.

"Why would you work with him? Why didn't you get your partner to change?"
She says,

"I wanted to but I didn't. You are right I should have, He never helps me with assignments instead he changes them without informing me."

I say what is actually the truth.

"You wanted to change partner because he doesn't work?"

She is astonished and I can't figure out why.

"Apparently, Yeah. And besides, He bothers me sometimes." I look at her.

"Oh no, He is a fucking murderer and a rapist."

She says looking exactly in my eyes.

My face has turned pale, because all of a sudden I can't breathe, as if someone has taken all the air out from the face of Earth or someone is tightly holding my trachea not letting the air enter my lungs and not letting any blood reach my heart.

"no..He...I mean...He just...You know...He likes to..."

I am sluttering because I am out of words or maybe because I am in shock. Because My brain wants to accept this brand-new information about this psychopath billionaire but my heart doesn't.

"He just likes to make fun, and he does torture or bully for fun."

Abraham is nice, he can be nice. He is nice to me sometimes.

I try to remember when was he nice to me when he bought me coffee be, but oh no he added more coffee to it and I had a stomachache for days.

"You are trying to be innocent? Do you like him? I never really thought you were like those other girls Delilah."

She speaks as if she is my old friend and she is not.

"He has raped many girls, 1 of them actually got pregnant too and he made her abort his child."

She keeps talking as if it's nothing. But her words are breaking my heart.
My own heart is betraying me, I know Abraham belongs to a mafia, he can do worse than I can imagine.

"And, He also killed some kids, or maybe 1 kid when he was just a kid."
She says.

"You were right, He is a psychopath billionaire and nothing else."

I am not even listening to her anymore, My heart is beating fast, so fast as if it would jump out of my chest any time soon but I can't feel my hands and my feet, I am not sure if they are still there, or if the words this girl just told me were not really words, they were knives that has cut off the veins of my hands and feet.

Hello,
How are you all doing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

765K 23K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
588K 4.6K 7
(Available on Novelcat mobile app and website) She is a very simple and innocent girl. She is a type whom every parent would be proud to have as a ch...
526K 34.4K 73
#1st Book in 'Tangled Series.' Revenge and Love, I was tangled between both of these. Once I loved but that love took everything from me, it destroy...
404K 14.9K 30
My cousin always referred to us as the bad jokes, as in...a blonde, a brunette and a redhead walk into a bar. I'm the blonde, and this is my story. ...