Forever Yours Truly | Blade x...

Par CheChiMulay

After non-stop recruiting new bodyguards every now and then, your father eventually got fed up and decided to... Plus

A Foreign Encounter
A Smile On Those Soft Lips
Royalty
An Invitation
An Old Friend
A Quick Glance
Change of Plans
Interrogation
A Crack Slithering Within
Portrait on the Wall
Standing Next to You
Unknown Future
Unexpected Circumstances
Authors Notes

Dismissal

204 11 1
Par CheChiMulay

Your mind had been churning with questions about what you had witnessed earlier, as it was never what you had expected. The surrounding noise that echoed throughout your ears had become a blur while you allowed yourself to be guided to your destination.

"Blade-" you spoke out, breathing in the remaining air left as the looks of some residents had turned towards you. "That woman earlier-"

"I am certain that her well-being will be fine," Blade's response was instant. The memory of Blade's warning at the mansion has finally seeped into your brain as the idea of being mara-struck alarmed you.

"I understand," you paused for a moment. "But before that, could you please let go of my hand? I can manage on my own,"

As you were travelling, Blade had continued to drag you across the streets in a deliberate manner. However, the moment your voice had reached his ears is the same moment in which his footsteps came to a halt, simultaneously letting go of your hand. His hand had removed itself from you, placing it back to his side to regain his composure after the sudden shift in his demeanour from earlier. From the frowned muscles on his forehead, to the shoulders finally easing back, the tension on his body had gradually softened up.

"My apologies," Blade murmurs softly. His dull crimson eyes, that were covered by a few strands of his hair, had drifted downwards before a sigh had escaped his lips. "It was not in my place to do so."

Oh.

Right.

A knight should not display their assertiveness physically but rather through verbal suggestions only. It was an unspoken rule after all for a servant to drag their liege elsewhere regardless even if the circumstances were unpleasant to them.

Blade's words were in a tone that was sincere, or so you thought. Despite apologising out of courtesy, the memory of the sudden alteration in Blade's expression could not leave your mind. It had only shifted from the moment the little girl appeared right in front of you. And yet, it has plagued your mind with curiosity as to what sort of history he has had with the little girl, to cause such a reaction in comparison to his indifference towards the pitiful mara-struck woman.

"Was there anything that concerned you earlier?" you asked, as your hands proceeded to neatly adjust your clothing. "Did you perhaps happen to be acquainted with that child?"

A moment passed by as your attention had only been focused towards Blade's current demeanour. His gaze had seemed to be avoiding your own, as it appeared he was contemplating his decision to speak truthfully, or so you thought.

"That..." Blade finally spoke out. His eyes had then risen up in a meticulous manner, reciprocating your focus. "Nevermind, mistress. She just appeared to be familiar to me."

"Was that person a friend of yours in the past?"

Blade had only sighed in a subtle manner, which did not aggravate you. He remained still, like a gloomy statue, and his hand deliberately went to rest on your shoulder, not only as an attempt to alleviate the tension you were feeling, but to soothe his own as well.

"She was a friend whom I fought alongside till her end," He exhaled as his gaze removed itself from yours. "Nonetheless, I would prefer to not speak about it. I'd rather have us arrive at the palace on time."

The desire to extend some comforting words had swelled up in your heart, yet you could not find yourself to speak out towards him. You did not know Blade well enough to be certain of offering some sort of reassurance towards his feelings of losing a friend. With the feeling of grief that had possibly fogged Blade's mind in the past, you could not fully grasp the same emotions. Even the thought of your own mother was vague. There was nothing left to grieve about in the past, it could only be but accepted. Indeed, it was not about the person whom you grieved for; rather, it was about pondering how different your life could have been if she had been there.

"Mistress," Blade spoke out once more, grabbing your attention in that moment. "I suggest we should take that carriage over there."

His hand had removed itself from your shoulder as your head had turned towards the carriages that were built in a structure you were not familiar with. It was considered a new implementation as it did not require the usage of horses, and was built in the appearance of a small ship. The carriage itself was built out of metal and steel, alongside some hidden pipes in which energy flowed into fuel. The roof arched and stretched about half of the elongated ship, and the windows had been built with tinted glass, allowing a hint of privacy for any passenger. Being powered through energy meant that the carriage also did not have wheels, but instead levitated above the ground. From there, a pilot awaited for the next passenger to arrive.

Approaching the carriage, Blade had opened the door out of courtesy as you stepped inside. The pilot awaited with patience until you had taken a seat; Blade, however, stood by your side.

"The palace's entry, please," Blade told the pilot.

The pilot obeyed thoroughly, turning his back as his hand began to do its work. Right in front of him were the controls and handles that had been blocked out of your sight. Every button had a different purpose, and the symbols were easy to understand. The fingers of the pilot had wrapped around one steering handle as the other deliberately placed itself on the other long handle to his side. With a single press of a button, his thumb activated the mechanism at the handle's tip, brightening the area around the levitating ship with a sudden burst of light. From there, the screen illuminates the instructions needed. The pilot took out his identification card, indicating his permission to use the levitating ship.

A hint sound of a bell echoed inside as the pilot switched the handle towards the start, allowing it to rumble slightly as the screen showcases the numbers above for a countdown.

Three.

"The trip to the palace will not cost you much for payment," said a pilot as his other hand pressed another button to the side in which you took note of.

Two.

"Thank you," you nodded in response, allowing yourself to be comfortably adjusted in your seat. In addition, you had moved over to the side to allow Blade to be seated as well, rather than having him stand up.

Of course, Blade refused.

One.

You remained seated, awaiting your destination.

Zero.

The ship had finally moved at an immense speed, passing through every building and every person walking down the streets of Xianzhuo Luofu.

                                                           ----------------------------------------

 "We have arrived, mistress."

The trip itself was not too long, as you arrived at your desired destination in no time. Of course, you have given the payment required for the transportation to the pilot before turning away towards the exit. Upon reaching the palace grounds, the carriage door flung open, and Blade proceeded to step out before standing by the side, offering a hand as expected of the etiquette.

In accordance with that same etiquette, your hand naturally found his before setting foot onto the ground, causing the levitating ship to rise higher with the reduction of weight onboard. As the ship responded to this signal of departure, you turned your attention to surveying the surroundings.

"Thank you," you said out of courtesy.

Blade, however, only nodded out of courtesy as well.

The palace of the Xianzhuo Luofu appeared just as vividly in your memory as it did in reality. Nobles and individuals of high status rushed towards the entrance, while others descended from their levitating ships, eagerly waltzing inside with an enthusiastic mannerism. They all wore magnificent gowns and suits displayed to boast about their styles, as well as glittering jewellery roping around their necks and wrists to show off their wealth. Though, there were indeed others who chose to don attire representative of their regions, facilitating easy recognition from a distance and offering insight into their origins to those they would encounter

Of course, you were no different than them.

Their voices filled the air with a mixture of soft giggles and boisterous laughter, chattering with one another as their footsteps quickened with each stride towards the entrance. Some, however, have personally decided to bring alongside their servants to carry their items, ensuring their safety from theft. In contrast to the bustling streets at the Xianzhuo Luofu's entrance, the number of children had decreased, perhaps deemed more suitable given the potential for them to wander elsewhere.

The gates of the palace had flung open as each guard had been stationed at almost every corner, leaving not a single speck of location unsupervised. Their armour had clanked and clattered with each movement, intermingled with the sounds of rustling leather heaving against their uniforms. Their presence, of course, to ensure that no trespassers will be able to sneak by inside the walls.

Indeed, there is no doubt that you will certainly experience an unforgettable memory for tonight.

The soft breeze whisked away throughout the cracks and arches on the roofs, rustling the leaves on the large tree behind the palace. The tree's bark had expanded over the years, stretching the height of a building or two as it reached towards the sky. Amidst the surrounding greenery, it stood as a magnificent focal point, captivating the attention of all who beheld its splendour.

Your eyes had begun to observe the illuminating lights in between the leaves and branches of the colossal tree. Each one felt like it was perfectly placed with a purpose in order to bless the starry sky. The stars itself were a mere addition to the scenery itself.

Despite it all, there were no significant alterations in comparison to your memory. Everything was the same from the buildings and decor, to the stationed guards and chattering nobles wandering by before the entrance of the palace. The only difference was that tonight was about the General's celebration rather than a coronation ceremony.

"Card?" the guard asked, extending a hand towards you to inspect the invitiation's legitimacy.

Taking out the invitation letter, the guard had scanned it thoroughly and precisely before returning it back to your hand. With a nod of approval, you and Blade proceeded towards the entry of the palace.

"The palace has not changed since the last time I have been here," Blade commented, but more like a dull whisper.

"Well I doubt that it would have. After all, there wasn't anything else to alter other than the new implementations of transportation," you replied back.

Blade did not say anything shortly after.

Once inside the palace walls, you were instantly greeted by a wandering servant with a smile, gesturing her hand towards the entry of the main area. Of course, your lips had formed a curve, smiling back out of courtesy and letting out a polite thanks.

With each step of walking inside the walls of the palace gates, Blade lingered from behind. architecture, perfectly carved and preserved for millennia. Alongside the elegant decors and pristine ornamentation, there was no doubt that each stylistic decision was made with precise thought. The atmosphere was bright in colour, complimented by the firelit candles and warm lanterns that served to cover every inch of darkness from within. Not to mention, a faint sound of music, strummed and played by musicians, had reached your ears, despite not being at the heart of the banquet. Each note and chord has been played with a melodic calculation, enhancing the atmosphere within the palace alongside the giggling mouths at the side.

It had echoed throughout the halls as some visitors excused themselves, walking past you in politeness.

"So what shall you plan to do now that we have arrived?" Blade asked.

You began to ponder Blade's question for a moment. After mostly spending your time on leisure outside the palace walls, the thought on how to proceed with your future dealings had not occurred to you until now, where the opportunity has presented itself.

Considering the magnitude of the celebration, you recalled that your father's acquaintances would most likely be attending. Due to your father's prohibition against meeting his acquaintances, the memory of their identities seemed faint. However, their faces still lingered in your mind. Notably, almost none of them have seen you other than on the day of the crown prince's coronation. To make matters more difficult, your father had yet to provide them with a proper introduction of who you were, so connecting with them would prove to be quite the challenge.

However, there was one specific person who had appeared in your memory. It had not lit a spark in your mind until now, as you have begun to recollect your memories at the village. The seamstress' mother, Yukong, was a well-known figure, despite her short-lived career as a pilot. Despite the change in her life, she was known for being the head of the Sky-Fang Commission, which governs which participates in the trade and business of the Xianzhuo Luofu.

"I am not certain yet, though I believe that some of my father's acquaintances will be present here."

"Are you certain that they are?" Blade questioned you once more. "For how well have you known them?"

"Not much, unfortunately. Though, there is only one whom I am acquainted with from the past."

"Who may this person be, mistress?"

"Yukong, the seamstress' mother, to be exact. She was the only one who had acknowledged me, despite the fact that we had never spoken a word to each other."

The name sparked another memory within you. Specifically the memory during your youth. It was a faint one, however. It was only a mere glimpse that your eyes met contact with her from afar. With her long silky hair and her ears that pointed upward, her luminous violet pupils saw yours as well. There was not a greeting that escaped out of her mouth, but rather a soft motherly smile that had greeted you. Of course, your younger self only looked away out of fear from your father's scolding if you ever have an interaction with an outsider.

Perhaps, was Blade's past memory of you trivial as well? Specifically during the coronation where his lips have formed the words of remembering you from the past.

However, there was a specific memory that also came to mind. It was your father to be exact, who had approached her with a conflicting expression.

Despite the blur of the memory, you recalled how your father approached her for a conversation. Though they were unaware of your presence nearby, you were able to pick up some faint words spoken throughout their exchange

The echoes of the past brought forth fragments of conversations, words like "trade" and "business" slipping from their lips. Yet, it was the unexpected mention of "stellaron" and "marriage" that stirred unease within you. Even as a young child, you sensed the incongruity of these words intertwined, a puzzle that refused to fit together in your mind.

Curiosity had never sparked within you regarding such matters, yet the recent news of your father's search for potential suitors had ignited a newfound questioning within. The knowledge of stellarons were still unknown, but its power has always been feared if it ever falls into the wrong hands. Whoever that woman was who often visited your father in the past, the unanswered questions were indeed a pressing matter that now demanded a resolution.

"Perhaps it would be best to approach her rather than the ones who are unaware of your existence," Blade said.

You took note of Blade's suggestion. However, it would not hurt to try, at least before the main celebration of the night has yet to occur. The thought of approaching your father's acquaintances to provide them a proper introduction of your existence will certainly be an obstacle. Certainly, the sudden knowledge of someone being the next heir of your father's inheritance will possibly hinder or cause a conflict towards their future negotiations with your guardian.

Looking back at Blade, your past self would have never even considered the mere thought of him becoming your guard. In comparison to the unapproachable, stoic soldier from the crown prince's coronation, the man in front of you was not any different. And yet, he is now with you, the soldier who stood still to remain alert in ensuring your safety. Just like his suggestion a few nights ago, with the reminder of the possible dangers in Xianzhuo Luofu.

Of course, it was not like you will wander off elsewhere, but the city of Xianzhuo Luofu had always been familiar to Blade. After all, this was the place where he had grown up in the past. With every law and expectation that an individual needed to learn, there was no doubt that Blade was familiar with the system like the back of his hand. However, remaining by his side was all you were requested to do for tonight.

"Mistress," Blade spoke out indifferently once more. "Shall I proceed to escort you to the main banquet?"

His gloved hand has extended out towards you in a benevolent manner. Despite his lifeless expression, his demeanour remained to provide you with patience. Your gaze had gone to his hand, as you were aware it was only out of courtesy for a knight to escort their liege before arriving towards the gathering. Yet, there was not a single hint of reluctance or repulse within you in regards to Blade's actions.

Your hand went to his before guiding you towards the entrance of the main hall.

With the guards that were stationed by the large doors, their hands had reached towards the handle before swinging it open to reveal the amount of awaiting guests inside. Many were unfamiliar, and only a few were discernible. The bustling nobles and prosperous merchants were engrossed in their own conversations, while a handful took the opportunity to sample the desserts being offered by the servants

At the centre in front of everyone was not the emperor Jing Fang, but the General himself. He was dressed in the finest clothing, despite being for combat with accessories only worn once in a blue moon. The light shined above him, drawing your attention towards his lustrous fluffy hair. He sat comfortably with one knee up and his elbow resting upon the throne's armrest for his knuckles to support the side of his head. Certainly, his older brother would have scolded him for such ill manners, but there was no sight of the emperor present in this current moment.

From there, his golden eyes had scanned the surrounding room till it had met yours and Blade, forming a curve on his lips in amusement.

"Be sure to enjoy your time, mistress," Blade whispered in your ear. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

375 27 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...
186 0 5
Follow Zuko on his journey to capture the Avatar; forging unlikely friendships and facing powerful enemies along the way. As you grow closer to the F...
6.3K 335 10
If there was one thing Shang Qinghua would say is the best thing about his job at the bar he works for, it would be sexiest, dreamiest, hottest, any...
1.4K 53 10
"I told you once I don't need a bodyguard mom, you're literally gonna be gone for long but I'm an adult, I'll be fine" jisung said. "Well that's not...