TRUTH

By Kheliyesh

[Originally a One-shot] Two Best Friends. Two important consorts. One King! Your girl is obsessed with Royal... More

Part 1
Part 2
Truth 3 (filler)
Truth 4
Truth 6
Truth 7 (Angsty)
Truth 8
Truth 9
Truth 10
Truth 11
Truth 12
Truth 13
Truth 14
Truth 15
Truth 16 (You are gonna cry)
Chapter 17
Truth 18
Truth 19
Truth 20
Truth 21
Truth 22

Truth 5

118 8 6
By Kheliyesh

As the morning light spilled into the chamber, a serene beauty lay beside the King, who awoke to the subtle weight upon his delicate form. His eyes opened, revealing the sight of his husband, the King, nestled comfortably between his bosoms.

Following the consort's alluring display the previous night, an intimate connection unfolded. The consort bore traces of the passionate encounter, with their collarbones and neck adorned by the lingering marks of affection from the prior evening's fervor.

The King, in his slumber, stirred slightly, and his lips unintentionally brushed against the consort's skin. Both remained unclothed, too fatigued from the previous night's escapades to bother dressing again.

The consort, with a tender gaze, smiled and gently stroked the King's hair to wake him. Official duties beckoned, and the King couldn't afford an extended rest, especially considering the watchful eyes of his ministers due to his youthful reign. Equally pressing was the need to avoid any scandal, ensuring that sharing a bed with the consort wouldn't become fodder for gossip and tarnish the King's reputation.

The King blinked his eyes open, radiating an enduring charm, and offered a sweet smile to his lovely consort. "Good morning, my precious," he greeted, with a gentle yawn.

"Morning, Your Highness," the consort greeted back, a hint of shyness coloring flushed cheeks, accompanied by a demure smile.

"I'm suddenly a Highness and not your Alpha?" The King teased, prompting the consort to playfully hide his face behind delicate palms in a bashful response.

The King tenderly uncovered the omega's face, leaning in to plant a kiss on those rosy lips. Their morning escapade continued with a playful make-out session, the King biting the omega's lower lip. Afterward, he effortlessly scooped the omega into his arms, carrying them both to the bath chamber for a joint bath. Post-bath, they took turns helping each other dry their hair and get dressed.

The omega adorned a pastel blue Hanbok, his beautiful, silky hair cascading down to his waist. The King, enchanted, wrapped a tress of the omega's hair around his index finger, gently twisting it. "You look ethereal, my moon," he whispered with admiration.

"And you look handsome, Alpha," the omega replied, casting a fond gaze upon the King's handsome countenance.

Their reverie was interrupted by a knock on the bedchamber's door. "My King, breakfast is ready. Your presence is required at the dining table," announced the maid. "I'll be there in a minute," the King responded.

The King turned to his dainty consort, "Jungkook, my lovely consort. About last night... don't ever do that again. You're my consort, not an entertainer. Just send a scroll, and I'll be in front of you. Getting my attention by doing things like last night will only make me angry. Besides, when did you become this bold? I know very well it was definitely not your idea. So, tell me, who is compelling you to do such things, and be honest with me."

Jungkook fell silent at the King's inquiry. The King frowned at the prolonged quietude. "No one, it was my own idea. I wanted your attention," Jungkook finally replied after a minute of contemplative silence.

"I said the truth! That's not the truth," the King spoke sternly this time, his tone reflecting a demand for honesty.

Jungkook gulped at the stern tone, apprehensive of angering his husband. Summoning courage, he decided to speak up, "Co-consort Yoongi came to me and..."

"And?" Taehyung urged him to continue, a sense of anticipation in his voice.

"First, promise me you won't say anything to the Royal Consort" Jungkook said earning a disapproving noise from the King

"Please, your majesty. The Royal consort is not to be blamed entirely. I was in the wrong too. It would be unfair if he gets scolded for my stupidity," Jungkook pleaded earnestly.

Jungkook proceeded to narrate the entirety of his interaction with Royal Consort Yoongi to the King, laying bare the details of the situation.

Taehyung pressed his lips in a thin line, "Don't end up ruining your friendship with Consort Jimin because of Eomma. Him and mother have always been competitive when it comes to our Father. You and Consort Jimin were best friends before you entered my life. I will accept it if either one of you decides to leave me, but I will never allow your friendship to be broken just because both of you became my consorts. Besides, try to understand it's not just you; I haven't spent time with Ji-hun and other concubines either. I know it is natural for you to feel negative that your husband is not fully yours, but this is how Royalty works. So, understand that I am not neglecting you. However, Prince Taemin needs love and care from his mother and father. It's natural for me to spend more time with Consort Jimin. The Nannies may be there for assistance, but Prince Taemin is still my child."

Taehyung gently wiped the tears from Jungkook's cheeks, and Jungkook reciprocated by wrapping his arms around the King's neck, burying his face in the broad chest. "I am so sorry for disappointing you, alpha. I will never get manipulated again," Jungkook vowed.

Taehyung patted Jungkook's back, "Now wash your pretty face again; we need to be present for breakfast."

"What's taking them so long? Perhaps they were engaged in the morning session. Ah, young blood," Grandfather spoke, waiting for King Taehyung and his Consort Jungkook at the table.

Mother Queen SeokJin choked at the shameless talk of her Father-in-law. Royal Consort Yoongi shook his head. Father King Namjoon complained, "Father, please don't talk so casually about such matters. If Mother were alive, she would twist your ears."

"Apologies, everyone. My consort wasn't feeling well," entered Taehyung, his large hands intertwined with Jungkook's smaller ones.

Taehyung assumed his position at the head of the table, with Grandfather Kim to his right and Namjoon to his left. Seokjin sat beside Namjoon, and Yoongi beside Grandfather Daehyun, facing each other with tense expressions. Jin remained composed, while Yoongi glared at him. Jimin and Jungkook sat across from each other, exchanging warm smiles. Yeonjun, still awkward with Jimin, occupied the seat beside Jungkook.

"Bring a warm cup of milk for Consort Jungkook. Also, where are the muffins? Consort Jimin loves muffins. Go bring both of these things immediately. I won't start until both of my consorts get what they need," King Taehyung ordered the maids responsible for breakfast.

Namjoon smiled, pleased to see how well his son was taking care of his consorts, even surpassing himself.

After breakfast, Taehyung invited both Jimin and Jungkook to his office. He discussed the earlier conversation he had with Jungkook in his bedchamber. "But that's not why I wanted you here. I want both of you to give me names of someone you are sure you can trust. It could be anyone from the Palace, but it has to be an omega. However, you can't pick each other."

"I am certain Jennie is trustable," Jimin spoke, and Taehyung noted down Jennie's name on a piece of paper. Turning to Jungkook, "and what about You?

Jungkook responded without hesitation, "Ji-hun."

Taehyung looked up at Jungkook, "It has to be someone you trust, not someone you will have a fight with over me."

"I am not taking his name for any petty reason, your highness. I genuinely only trust Jimin, Jennie, and Ji-hun when it comes to the omegas," Jungkook affirmed.

Taehyung nodded, "Alright, I am handing both of you official responsibilities, and for that, you need people you trust. They would rather die for you than betray you."

"What responsibilities, your highness? Wouldn't it be unfair to Jennie and Ji-hun? They know about the Palace rules more than us," Jimin questioned.

"Don't pain your pretty head, angel. You will know soon," Taehyung responded, pecking both of their foreheads, eliciting melodious giggles from them.

————

The King's arrival at the Harem after a long time had everyone giggling. He took his place at his usual spot, and one of the omegas spoke up, "Your Highness, you stopped coming to the Harem after you took a liking to Consort Jimin and Consort Jungkook. We've missed you a lot."

Taehyung smiled, "Sorry, darlings. You know how much I love pretty things and pretty omegas. Not that you aren't pretty, but those two are just out of this world."

All the omegas agreed, and Taehyung teased, "Wow, I am not hearing any negative remarks against my consorts, that's a first. Or were you just against my Ji-hun for some reason?"

Ji-hun blushed furiously, and the other omegas giggled. One of them clarified, "That was Monica, your highness. She was Ji-Hun's sister. We aren't jealous of anyone you prefer. In fact, we are happy and wanted to congratulate you for becoming a father."

Taehyung sat there, gossiping with all his consorts, making fun of some people they didn't like and all.

Suddenly, the King grew sleepy and ended up sleeping there. Ji-Hun hushed all the omegas, and they stopped whatever they were doing, looking at the sleeping King. They all whispered, "So, handsome."

Ji-Hun brought a soft pillow, placing it under Taehyung's neck, and covered him with a soft blanket.

"Clearly, His Highness saw something special in you. If it weren't for Consort Jimin and Consort Jungkook entering the picture, you might have been the Royal Consort. You possess all the qualities of a perfect omega," one of the omegas complimented Ji-hun.

Ji-hun smiled, gently massaging Taehyung's head, "I'm content just sharing the same roof as His Highness. I lack the courage of Consort Jimin or Consort Jungkook, and truth be told, I don't see myself as a suitable consort for His Highness."

He started massaging Taehyung's shoulders, his muscles getting visibly relaxed.

Taehyung woke up after a while, realizing, This doesn't look like my bedchamber.

"Your Highness, you woke up?" Taehyung sat up straight, hearing his concubine's voice. Oh, I'm still at the Harem, he thought, recognizing his surroundings.

Ji-Hun brought water for Taehyung, who thanked him before taking the glass and emptying it in one go. After placing the glass back on the tray, Taehyung stood up, and the concubines followed suit. "I should go now... oh, I almost forgot. Omega Ji-hun, come to my chamber," Taehyung declared.

Ji-hun widened his eyes in surprise, immediately curtseying to the King. With that, Taehyung left the Harem.

All the omegas gathered around Ji-hun, offering suggestions like, "Should we help you get prepared?" and "You should wear the Hanbok His Majesty gifted you." Ji-hun shook his head, "There is no need for all of that. That's definitely not the reason why His Highness asked for my presence. All I need is a veil, so alphas other than His Highness can't see my face."

In the King's chamber, Ji-Hun sat in front of Taehyung, questions swirling in his head. The silence was broken as Taehyung began, "There is something I need to discuss with you, and it has to remain a secret. From now onwards, you will be the loyal attendant of Consort Jungkook. You have to remain loyal to him. You will work only for Consort Jungkook and no one else, not even Queen Mother, despite his royal rank."

Ji-hun bit his lower lip anxiously, "But, Your Highness, do you think Consort Jungkook will accept me as his loyal attendant? I mean, he knows I had been your favored omega. He might slice my throat," he gulped.

"Consort Jungkook himself prefers you as his loyal attendant," Taehyung reassured.

"Oh..."

"One more thing, you will not go back to the Harem. You will stay with Consort Jungkook at all times. I will send the eunuch to bring your valuables. You can go straight away to Consort Jungkook's chamber." Handing Ji-hun a piece of paper, he added, "Here, it has my stamp on it. This will let the guards outside the chamber know you have my permission."
————-

Consort Jungkook was in his bedchamber, practicing sword strikes, completely immersed in his own world. He didn't hear the chamber door opening, and he unintentionally put his sword above Ji-hun's throat. Ji-hun gasped in fear, "His Highness assured me you won't slice my throat."

Jungkook immediately sheathed his sword, coughing in embarrassment. "Yeah, it was unintentional. I won't slice your throat, don't worry."

————————-
Word count: 2080
Date Published: 02/24/24
Note: The goal was to make the chapter as long as the first chapter since this story doesn't have regular updates but I am at work and sleepy 😭

I really can't believe some of you are ACTUALLY enjoying this? I was just writing this because I am obsessed with Royalty. For the Angst readers though, I am sensitive asf. I can't handle so much angst that's why in my books the Angst doesn't last longer. Sorry 🥲

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 1K 42
Jungkook's character as a powerful businessman with a strong interest in Taehyung, and hints at the romantic and possibly intense nature of their rel...
124K 6.4K 48
The love story of a powerful king and his power- his QUEEN. "My Queen~" "Stop calling me that!! I will NEVER be your QUEEN!" "Let's see... My Queen~~...
16.9K 687 16
when he was the sassy , beautiful and bold prince Whom everyone wants but him being Surrounded by his 5 bulky, possessive And scary brother protector...
56.4K 1.8K 27
When Kim Seokjin gets kicked out of his own house, he decides to audition to work for the royal family that rules over the kingdom. Let's say, he was...