Apocalyptic Survivor

By johndoethemaster

It has been 3 years ever since the virus apocalypse, and a year after the end of the world. You seem to be th... More

Bio
Arrival at the Apartment

Life in the Apocalypse

927 36 9
By johndoethemaster

3RD PERSON POV

Y/N: Ah......day 1243 of the apocalypse.

He gets up from the bed, fixing his hair and grabs his pistol from nearby along with several bullet magazines.

Y/N: Ah.....at least I won't make much noise today.

Y/N: *smile* Hello good old friend.

He grabs his blade, attaching it to the belt he put on along with his weapons and a knife before putting on his shoes and heading outside.

Y/N: *looking at footage* 'Few zombies around the city. I'll do some cleanup soon. I-'

*KNOCK*

He heard a knock on the door below his floor, and wields his blade and gun immediately before heading down.

Y/N: 'No zombies around. I can't smell them either so that's good....COME ON OUT! I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!'

He hears an eep, and he jumps to the bottom floor only to find a woman there with some bags and a guitar strapped to her back.

Y/N: *surprised* A survivor? Goddamn it's about time I saw one after 2 years!

???: S-Survivor?

*THUD*

Y/N:...........

Monster:..............

The girl panics, though Y/N stares at the monster before casually looking down from the 3rd floor, seeing its head connected to a body on the ground floor.

Y/N: 'Thought I saw a monster like that in the shadows. They can't be smelled easily like zombies, but I can most likely see and hear them.' Alright then.....

*SLICE*

He suddenly slices through its head, turning it into sashimi in a matter of seconds before jumping down and slicing through its neck several times.

*SLICE*

He slices its body, eviscerating it into pieces before stomping out parts of it to make it so that it can't regenerate after being pulverized.

Y/N: They can't come back from this.

???: H-Hey.....

Y/N: Ain't no zombies or monsters around. You don't have to be quiet. What's your name woman?

???: J-Jisu Yoon....

Y/N: A Korean? Been a while since I met one in America.

She suddenly had a confused look on her face, intriguing Y/N as she spoke.

Jisu: America? Like the West? I thought I was in Korea.

Y/N: I'm speaking English.

Jisu: I'm speaking Korean.

They were both confused, though Y/N had a realization as he looks at the car parked outside.

Y/N: Come with me to the lab. We'll talk there.

Jisu: Oh....ok.

They get into a car, Y/N starting it as he drove forward.

Later

Y/N: Mmmm...

Jisu: This song is....rather interesting. I've heard of American songs before, but I never recalled something like this before.

Y/N: It used to be a banger a few years ago....*chuckle* How time has passed.

Jisu: I heard you say zombies and monsters. I've.....seen monsters but what about zombies?

Y/N: Short version or long?

Jisu: Any is fine.

Y/N: A virus was released in the US, infecting nearly everyone in the west and cutting off at Colorado's right side. There's barely any survivors now, and I'm pretty sure there are no survivors in hundreds or even thousands of miles. You seen the news?

Jisu: There was an outbreak in the US.....but I didn't know it was that bad.

Y/N: Zombies were alright, but monsters have been showing up more in due time due to another strain that seemingly spreads through the air. If I were to guess, that'd be the reason why there's few survivors now.

He spoke some more, eventually reaching their destination before opening a gate with a remote and parked behind a thick metal fence.

Y/N: Made the fence a year ago. Keep close will you?

He checks the cameras for the day, seeing if any zombies, monsters, or hopefully some survivors were peaking around and to his relief, no one did.

CODE: 1278

*BAM*

The door opens, and they head inside to find a device being powered to Y/N's surprise and glee as he grabs a worn down notebook.

Y/N: Looks like it finally worked.

DR. BUTO'S NOTE:

EFFECTS OF TEMPORARY SPATIAL TEARS, ALLOWING FOR RIFTS TO CONNECT TWO LOCATIONS SEEMINGLY AT ONCE WHEN COORDINATES ARE ENTERED WITH ADDRESS

SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE BROKEN LANGUAGE BARRIERS, IRREGULAR CHANGES IN LOCATION THOUGH IT CAN BE LOCATED AND ENTERED LATER, AND TEMPORARY DISTORTIONS

SUBJECTS HOWEVER UPON RETURNING BACK MAY EXPERIENCE A MARGIN OF ERROR OF 500 METERS FROM PORTAL

AFTER PORTAL SENDS SUBJECT BACK TO THIS LOCATION, COOLDOWN IS ONE DAY

NO COOLDOWN ON SENDING SUBJECTS TO DIFFERENT LOCATION

LOCATION OF SECOND PORTAL FOR INTER-DIMENSIONAL PURPOSES HAS BEEN LOCKED UNDERGROUND

Y/N: That checks out.

He checks out what was said in the observations, Jisu looking around in awe as he shuts the portal down.

Y/N: Jisu did you seemingly go through something unusual? There are coordinates marked here.

Jisu: I tried going through the door to my restroom....and I somehow ended up here. It was like a purplish black shadow.

Y/N: Good.

He writes down his observations, glad that the notes and portal finally worked as he sighs.

Y/N: You're stuck here now for a day since it has a day cooldown, so I might as well show you around alright? You cool with that?

He gives a thumbs up, shutting down the lights in the room as she quietly said yes.

Y/N: First up the farm.

Later

*PLUCK*

Y/N: Alright this should be enough apples for a week or two.

He picks them, throwing them into a basket that was shoved into his car as he picks some vegetables.

Jisu: *curious* You manage a farm too?

Y/N: I made a system to water these plants constantly. Since there's literally barely any one for hundreds or thousands of miles, all the water is easy to get nowadays.

Jisu: Don't you need help?

Y/N: If you want, help carry those boxes into the car will ya?

There were a load of crates she struggled to carry, Y/N finishing after a few minutes before he grabs her crates and grabs several others, stuffing them into the car as they got in and drove off once more.

Y/N: Farm's for fruits and vegetables. I'm not the perfect farmer but they left instructions luckily.

Jisu: And the people that own the farm?

Y/N:.......They were infected.

He had a sad tone to his voice though he blasted his music in the speakers of the car, attracting strangling zombies that traveled here as he mows them down.

Jisu: *panic* W-Wait can't you avoid them?!

Y/N: *GRIN* THE LESS OF THEM THE BETTER IT IS!

He torches a monster he found, burning it alive before running over it as they drive off into the distance.

Later

*SIZZLE*

Jisu: *shock* This...

Y/N: *grin* Cmon now! It's been a while since I've met another human being so I might as well cook up a feast for us both! You alright with that?

Jisu: Mhm.

She watched Y/N mow down everything in his path with his mouth, his hunger must having been like Kirby cause he was sucking everything in as she ate a large portion that paled in comparison to him.

Y/N: I've always been saving on food and exercising so it's nice to be able to indulge in something. Surprised I haven't gone insane yet.

Jisu: Do you usually talk this much? Just asking...

Y/N:.......Sorry. I just haven't talked with someone for a while.

Jisu: *smile* Oh no it's fine. It's nice to know there's someone doing alright.

Y/N: So......what's Korea like?

Jisu: It's a wonderful place really. Though the monsters....

Y/N: What do you do for a living? Did a virus create the monsters? Are they similar to the monsters here?

Jisu: *chew* I'm just an aspiring musician really. The virus seems to infect randomly though cause survivors can randomly transform. However, it's through desire that depends on how long it takes to turn.

Y/N: Random and through desire? That's one way to be infected but it never worked like that here. Strange.......though that's a bit similar to the form that monsters take. You got any songs?

Jisu: Well there is one....

Y/N: Can I hear it?

She plays a song on her guitar, and Y/N sighs happily as he closes his eyes to listen to the melody.

Y/N: *smile* You're pretty good.

Jisu: *smile* Thanks. It's not everyday someone complements my music.

Y/N: I got some TV stuff down stairs that I got working so we'll be able to watch. How about a movie? Any TV shows to binge watch? The chips may be stale but they're still alright to eat.

Jisu: I don't mind. How are American movies though?

Y/N: Pretty good....at least when everyone was still alive.

They chat for a moment before Y/N cleans the dishes, and they head downstairs to binge watch as some zombies were killed by turrets shooting rocks.

Later

Y/N: Farm always need maintenance and I need to make sure the lab has enough energy to run, though doing it in darkness isn't bad. I can see in the dark.

Jisu: Is it because you're immune? You told me something like that an hour ago.

Y/N: Kinda I guess. I mean I'm getting constantly stronger through training and such. Solar panels are neat since no one uses them. But the second portal.......the second one. I've been looking for it, but it's like a labyrinth in the sewers. Not to mention the monsters and zombies trapped down there. Maybe if I access that.......I can finally leave this place. USA has gone to shit.

Jisu: There's still a lot of people in mine but.....the whole world is in disrepair. Monsters like the one I saw ravaged my whole country too just recently.

They all laid on the rooftop, staring into the night sky though Y/N gets up, hearing a groan before jumping down the building and slicing the monster down there into Swiss cheese and burns the body before jumping back up.

Y/N: I cleared most monsters from the streets but sometimes they're trapped in buildings and such unable to get out.

Jisu: It's impressive to know you cleared nearly the whole city.....at least you're here.

Y/N: Yeah....*yawn* You tired?

Jisu: A little bit.

Y/N: I'll just sleep up here. You can sleep downstairs if you want. All the beds are avaliable.

Jisu: Thanks.

She gets up, heading downstairs as Y/N looks up at the sky and smiles.

Y/N: 'Maybe I can finally leave this hellhole soon.'

Next Chapter:

Arrival at the Apartment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 6K 14
❝I swear I'm not the devil, though you think I am.❞ female reader. reverse harem. start;; 02/17/2022 end;; waiting for s2. 18,793 word count. aouadxr...
3.5K 193 12
This world of ours was ready for anything........ Anything except for fiction to turn reality.... If you wanna live you better know how to fight and...
118 14 10
It has only been a few weeks. Simple time length. I'm thankful everything's finally back to normal. Unless things change. They always do... My family...
4.6K 385 33
A deadly virus wiped off most of the planet's population, marking the start of it's 'New Days'. Human civilization fell apart, causing the few remain...