Queen's Champion

By SilviaPark2

The Queen's Champion by: Anaklusmos14 at https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4111486/. More

The Betrayal
Mystery Man
The Council
New Friends
Rescue Mission and Cousins Reunited
Another mission and reunion
Out in the open
Captured
Admissions and Amazons
Son of Neptune
Love?
The Seven
Greeks And Romans
The oh so great Hercules
Welcome to Tartarus
Finding Dead Friends
New family
Trust and Choices
Journey to Epirus and Through Tartarus
Doors of death and sacrifices
The Return
A New Huntress
Journey to the original Mt.Olympus
Battle for Olympus
Grief
Old Friends
Suspisions
Army of light
Reunions at camp
Start of War
Defending home
Trouble Ahead
Traitors and Titans
Atlantis
Romantic evening and start of war
Wisdom's Daughter Stands Alone
Rewards and a party
Epilogue

Power of the Lords of Time

2.2K 39 1
By SilviaPark2

Ch. 37

Artemis nodded solemnly, "Come on Percy; let's get to the Williamsburg Bridge."

Percy nodded and slid his hand into Artemis' before she, Percy and the hunters all vanished into a silver light.

The first thing Percy noticed when he reappeared was that the majority of monsters that had left the George Washington Bridge must have come here as the number of monsters on the bridge was overwhelming.

Percy made to charge into the fight when something in the back of the army of monsters caught his eye. He pulled out his bow and fired an arrow at the figure hoping to strike unnoticed. When the arrow was only inches away, the figure's hand shot up and snatched the arrow out of midair. Golden eyes snapped in his direction as Percy locked eyes with a fully reformed Titan of Time.

A huge grin spread across Kronos' face when he and Percy locked eyes. Kronos hopped down from the chariot he had been on and slammed his scythe into the pavement. Every single monster froze before retreating back towards Kronos. The demigods and soldiers all looked confused, some even cheering thinking the army was retreating but at the sight of the grinning Titan Lord, they were quickly silenced.

"Here is the man of the hour, Perseus Jackson!" Kronos bellowed out across the now silent bridge.

Percy's eyes narrowed; Artemis grabbed his hand tightly but Percy slipped out of her grip and walked to the front of the army.

"What do you want Kronos?" Percy growled at the Titan of Time.

Kronos smirked, "Just a word with my most favored grandson of course."

Jason made his way over to Percy's side, not allowing his friend to face the King of the Titans alone. Percy noticed Jason standing beside him and gave him a slight nod of appreciation.

"Ah the not quite so great hero Jason Grace; have you come to see your beloved grandfather as well." Kronos taunted.

Jason was about to retort but Percy put a hand on his chest and shook his head.

"Tell me grandfather, how is your dearest mother doing? Sleeping peacefully I hope." Percy said back in a tone full of false confidence.

Before Kronos could retort, two bright flashes of light appeared on either side of Percy and Jason. Aether and Hemera, both in full battle armor, stood tall beside their champions.

Shadows began to gather around the Titan Lord until they solidified into the two primordial deities Erebus and Nyx.

"So here we are children; the final battle to decide the fate of this world." Nyx said smiling at her children.

Hemera glared at her mother, "Yes and today you will join our dearest auntie Gaia in a millennia long slumber."

Nyx laughed, "Don't get ahead of yourself child. I assume you think your precious Olympians will be coming to help you but you are mistaken; they are trapped inside their little throne room while we decide both their's and your fates."

Hemera's face lost a little color as she realized no help from Olympus would be coming. Aether stepped forward, "We have all the help we need, mother."

Nyx smiled at her son's confidence, "You truly think you can defeat your parents with only two pathetic demigods and the little moon goddess to help you?"

Artemis stepped forward with Zoe right behind her as they stood by the side of Hemera, both ready for the fight of their immortal lives.

Erebus grinned and snapped his fingers, creating a bubble of dark energy around the combatants. Only Jason, Percy, Artemis, Zoe, Aether and Hemera were inside the bubble while Kronos, Nyx and Erebus stood opposite them.

"I thought it would be best if we settled this little family squabble with some privacy. We don't want the neighbors knowing we aren't a loving and happy family." Erebus said, his grin never faltering.

"Hmm... six against three, that doesn't seem fair, but then again half of you are weak little demigods. Once we get rid of you six, the rest shall be quite easy to dispose of." Nyx said smirking.

"Percy and Jason, you must defeat the Kronos quickly. We will not be able to hold our parents off for too long." Aether said quietly to his two champions.

Percy nodded, trying to think of how to best take out the Titan Lord as quickly as possible. Percy focused his mind as he entered Zoe's; 'be ready to use that dagger when the time comes.' He said into her mind.

Zoe's eyes widened before giving Percy and almost imperceptible nod.

Aether wasted no time, sending a blast of energy at his father. Within seconds, Aether was battling his father one on one while Hemera, Zoe, and Artemis battled Nyx who was undoubtedly the most powerful of all the deities present.

Kronos looked downright gleeful as he twirled his scythe playfully in his hand, "You have no idea how long I wanted some time with my most precious grandson Perseus. Once this war is over, I have an entire amusement park full of tortures waiting for you in Tatarus."

Percy's eyes narrowed as he and Jason exchanged a look, "Still a bit sour about the whole defeating you and stopping you from ruling the world thing huh gramps?" Percy taunted back.

Kronos' eyes flashed with anger, "You have no chance this time Jackson. I no longer depend on some weak demigod as a host. What chance do you have against a Titan?"

Percy grinned, "I don't know but judging by how much of a challenge your brothers were, I think I like my chances." He said before charging at the Titan.

Percy and Jason attacked on opposite sides of the Titan as Kronos used his scythe to block attacks from both sides. Percy slashed at the Titan but was pushed back as Kronos spun and knocked Jason's legs out from under him. Jason rolled to the side just in time to avoid being impaled by the Titan's scythe. Percy charged at Kronos as his back was turned but Kronos quickly parried the strike and pushed Percy back. Percy stumbled back and ducked a swipe of the scythe as he dropped to his knees and kicked Kronos' legs out from under him. Kronos hit the ground and swung his scythe at Percy's legs, forcing Percy to jump. Kronos was already on his feet before Percy landed and slammed the butt of his scythe into Percy chest, knocking him back. Kronos spun to block Jason's gladius and kicked him back a few feet.

Kronos grinned, "It feels good to be back in my body. This is fun isn't it; just a grandfather spending some quality time with his two favorite grandsons."

Percy growled and sent a fireball at Kronos causing him to duck, barely giving the Titan enough to time to block Jason's strike. Kronos parried another strike from Jason before letting Jason get close, only to be knocked back by a hard fist to the jaw. Percy's next fireball hit Kronos' arm causing him to let out a pained grunt.

Kronos growled in frustration as he turned back to Percy just in time to block Riptide. Kronos locked Percy's blade before he spun his scythe and Riptide was ripped from Percy's hand. Kronos grinned as he slashed his scythe towards Percy but an imperial gold gladius met his strike before it could reach Percy. Kronos' eyes widened in surprise as Jason kicked the Titan back away from his friend.

Kronos glared at the two demigods in front of him until his face slowly shifted into a smirk, "I will say that you two do your grandfather proud. Your fathers wouldn't put up half the fight you have but alas I think it is time to finish you two off for good." Kronos said before slamming his scythe down.

Jason and Percy froze in their spots. Their eyes drifted to each other, speaking without words. Both demigods felt a presence enter their mind, 'You two contain the power of the true lord of time. Call for it and it will come to you.' The instantly recognizable voice said before the presence vanished.

Percy and Jason glanced at each other briefly before turning their eyes back to a smiling Kronos.

"Now, now grandsons, you couldn't really think you had a chance against the King of the Titans did you?"

Line Break of sorts

The minute Aether attacked his father; two hunting knives appeared in Artemis' hands while Zoe pulled out her bow. Nyx's eyes narrowed as she glared at Hemera, Artemis and Zoe.

"Think about your next move carefully daughter, I will show you no mercy should you choose to fight me." Nyx growled at her daughter.

"You are no mother of mine. The mother I remember cared for her children and the world. I only see a cold-hearted bitch that lets her husband make her decisions for her." Hemera hissed back.

Nyx's face reddened in anger as two hunting knives appeared in her hands. A spear materialized in Hemera's who wasted no time in sending a blast of light energy at her mother. The blast hit Nyx in the chest and knocked her back only to be engulfed by a shadow and reappear to her daughter's left, already mid strike. Artemis blocked the strike from Nyx as the two squared off in a battle of the night and the moon.

The two were nothing more than blurs of black and silver as their blades met. Artemis stayed on the defensive, waiting for a chance to open up against the goddess of night but her speed was remarkable. For her part, Artemis kept on par with the primordial; the constant whizzing of arrows helped keep Nyx at bay but her power greatly surpassed that of Artemis'.

Artemis went to block a strike to her leg when Nyx blasted her back with energy, knocking her back several feet as the air was ripped from her lungs.

Not missing a beat, Hemera jumped in front of Nyx with her spear in hand, preventing Nyx from pursuing Artemis. Nyx lunged at her daughter, bringing her knives down in a powerful strike. Hemera made to block but at the last minute rolled to side, swiping her mother's legs out from under her. Artemis pounced like a cat, driving one of her knives through Nyx's abdomen. Nyx screamed in pain as the celestial bronze blade sliced open a deep gash in her stomach.

Nyx recovered quickly, kicking Artemis' legs out from under her. Nyx spun quickly and blasted her daughter back with a ball of energy before turning to drive her knife through the heart of the moon goddess.

(Back to Percy and Jason)

Kronos stalked towards Percy and Jason, not paying attention to the fact that both demigods' eyes were closed in concentration. Just as he was about to drive his scythe through Jason, Kronos was blinded by a flash of light. He looked at Percy to find him standing with an old staff with an hourglass on the top. His eyes widened immediately, recognizing the symbol of power to the Primordial God of Time.

Percy raised the staff and slammed it into the ground, releasing a blast of golden energy at the wide-eyed Titan. Jason turned towards Percy grinning. Kronos rose to his feet as he eyed the two demigods warily now. Before he could speak Percy spun the staff in his hand, freezing the Titan in his tracks. Jason shot towards the Titan, knocking the scythe out of his hands. Jason picked the weapon up as he looked at Kronos with hatred.

"I guess like father like son." Jason spat and swiped the scythe across the throat of the immobilized Titan.

Golden ichor poured from the Titan's throat as Jason wildly sliced away at the Titan until his body dissolved into golden dust.

Jason turned to look at Percy just as the staff in his hand flickered a few times before fading out of existence. Jason looked at the scythe in his hands as it slowly dissolved into golden dust just as its master had.

Percy looked around at the other fights to see Aether struggling against his father while Artemis, Zoe and Hemera were doing a little better against Nyx.

"Go help Aether, I will help Hemera and the others." Percy said quickly.

Jason nodded, "Good luck bro."

Percy sprinted towards Artemis who had just had her legs swept out from under her by Nyx. Percy watched in horror and Nyx blasted back Hemera and turned back to Artemis with her blade raised. Panicking, Percy went with instinct and tackled the primordial goddess off his girlfriend.

Percy drove Nyx into the pavement, a sharp pain entering his stomach as he slid over her body. Percy rolled over to find a hunting knife imbedded in his stomach. He looked at Artemis to see her eyes widen at the sight of Percy stabbed. At the same time, Hemera stalked toward her still stunned mother.

"Jackson!" Nyx snapped. She was about to speak again when a spear was driven through her back as Hemera stood above her. Nyx screamed in pain but was silenced by a kick to the face courtesy on an enraged moon goddess.

Zoe stepped forward with Annabeth's dagger in hand ready to impale the night goddess but Hemera froze her in her tracks.

"NO!" She screamed at Zoe.

Zoe's eyes narrowed, "She just tried to kill Percy."

Hemera shook her head, "She is still my mother. I will take care of her." She said before ramming the end of her spear into the back of Nyx's head. Nyx's eyes rolled back in her head as she slumped to the ground unconscious. Hemera snapped her fingers as a combination of celestial bronze and imperial golden chains wrapped around Nyx's entire body. Hemera waved her hand and Nyx vanished into a bright light.

Hemera turned to where Percy was lying only to find him vanish in bright light right from underneath the concerned eyes of Zoe and Artemis.

Percy appeared next to Jason just as he was kicked back by Erebus. Aether was already on the ground trying to get to his feet leaving an injured and bleeding Percy Jackson as the only person standing in front of the Primordial God of Darkness.

Erebus looked around to see both Kronos and his wife gone having been defeated in battle. Erebus' eyes flashed angrily, "I may not win this war but I will take you with me Jackson."

Artemis and Zoe tried to run towards Percy but were knocked back by a wall of darkness that quickly encircled Percy and the Erebus.

"No interference girls. Jackson wants to play with the big boys and that's exactly what he's going to do." Erebus sneered.

Percy held Riptide in his hands as he wobbled a bit from side to side.

Erebus laughed mockingly as he waved his hands making shadows wrap around Percy's legs to hold him in place. He stalked towards Percy with of look of loathing, "This is your end Jackson, face it like a man."

Percy eyes narrowed as he struggled against his restraints, "You should know Erebus, I am of the sea and the sea does not like to be restrained." He growled.

Erebus smirked as a pitch black sword appeared in his hands. Before he could strike, Percy raised Riptide, letting loose a feral scream rage as he drove Riptide into the ground. The ground erupted from underneath him, blasting both he and Erebus violently against the walls of darkness that contained them.

Artemis watched in horror as the primordial god stalked towards a restrained Percy. She tried to jump through the wall but it was pointless. Tears sprang into her eyes as she watched Percy raise his blade. What followed next both excited and terrified her. Percy drove Riptide into the ground, setting off a colossal explosion inside their little cocoon of darkness. When everything exploded, the area filled with dust and debris. The walls flickered and vanished, finally giving Artemis access.

She raced in, not caring where Erebus was and tried to locate Percy. A glint of celestial bronze caught her eye as she spotted Riptide under some of the debris. She waved her hand clearing the debris and felt her heart clench. Percy lay on the ground unconscious with ichor covering most of his body. Artemis knelt down next to him, tears falling freely from her eyes. She barely registered Zoe beside her, her own tears falling down her face. Artemis gently cupped Percy's face in her hands and she cried, praying for him to wake up.

A pair of shaky hands grabbed hers softly causing her eyes to shoot open. Percy's hands were around hers, his eyes were still closed but he was alive. That was all that mattered.

Percy's face shifted in a pained smirk, "Please Artemis, it will take a lot more than some pesky little primordial to take me away from you." He rasped out.

Artemis let out a sobbed chuckle as she smiled, "You better hope so fish boy or there will be Hades to pay. Now relax, I will take care of you."

Percy smiled softly before he relaxed his body again.

Artemis looked up to find Erebus bound in chains with Aether and Hemera looking distastefully at their father. Hemera walked over to Percy and placed a hand over his chest. Percy's body was engulfed in warm white light as his injuries slowly healed up. It didn't heal him completely but he was far better off.

"Rest my champion. You have saved us all." She said softly as she smiled at Percy.

Hemera turned to Artemis, "Take him to Olympus. Aether and I will return once Erebus and Nyx are secured somewhere they cannot escape from."

Artemis nodded as Hemera and Aether vanished in a bright light from the bridge. Artemis looked around to see the monsters all gone from the city as the demigods and soldiers tended the wounded. A few seconds later, thirteen flashes of light appeared in the street next to Artemis, all staring wide-eyed at Percy and Artemis.

Artemis was about to speak but Hera cut her off, "We saw everything. We were locked in the throne room but watched the entire battle from there. Hemera freed us before joining her husband." She said as she knelt down next to Percy. She softly brushed his cheek with her hand as Percy's eyes slowly fluttered open.

The first thing he saw was his mother's smiling face as she knelt over him, "Hello Mom, nice of you to join us." Percy said quietly.

Hera smiled at his sarcastic comment, "Hush my son, all that matter is that you're safe."

Poseidon was at Percy's side in an instant looking at Percy with pride shining through his sea green eyes.

"Dad, give me a hand. I look like an idiot lying in the middle of the street." Percy said quietly.

Poseidon chuckled and grabbed Percy's hand, gently pulling him to his feet. Percy looked around until he saw Jason standing by his father. When Jason saw him, he hobbled over as the two pulled each other into a tight albeit gentle hug.

"Now we can have our lives back bro." Percy said softly.

Jason's face cracked into a grin, "We better, that was one painful battle."

Percy nodded, "Now we are both the bane of Kronos." He said with a smile.

Jason chuckled, "I like the sounds of that Perce."

Zeus stepped forward, "Bring everyone to Olympus. Treat the wounded and we need burial shrouds for our fallen heroes. We shall meet in the throne room in a few hours once we have taken care of everyone."

The gods quickly went to work in getting the wounded and fallen heroes to Olympus. Jason went off to find Piper as Percy approached Artemis and Zoe; both were smiling proudly at him.

"I need to take care of my soldiers. I will meet you on Olympus when I am done." He said tiredly.

Zoe nodded and hugged Percy, "You did well today Percy, at least for a man." She teased playfully.

Percy rolled his eyes as he hugged her back. When he pulled back, he was quickly met with a pair of lips belonging to a certain silver eyed moon goddess. When she pulled back, she smiled, "We will be in my palace with the hunters."

Percy nodded numbly as Artemis and Zoe took off to gather the hunters.

Percy looked around tiredly; his entire body ached and was covered in both dried and still wet ichor. He wandered a bit until he found Luke speaking with a few of their soldiers.

When Luke saw him, his face cracked into a wide grin, "And the hero of Olympus strikes again."

Percy rolled his eyes, "What happened to the monster army?"

Luke's smile grew, "When it was clear they had lost their leaders, most turned and fled. Although I doubt they made it far, Zeus was flying around in his chariot blasting groups of monsters with his master bolt. I think he's making up for missing the fight. Ares and a few others were also chasing them down while they rest were teleporting the injured to Olympus."

Percy nodded, "Thanks the gods. I need a vacation for the next decade or two."

Luke laughed loudly, "I hear that buddy. What happened to your face anyway?"

Percy shrugged, "Your ex got me with a lucky swipe."

Luke's face turned expressionless, "Is she dead?"

Percy looked at his friend sadly, "Yes Luke. I'm sorry but it was me or her."

Luke shook his head, "No, it's for the best. She wasn't the person I thought she was."

Percy nodded and put his arm around Luke, "Let's take care of our soldiers; a lot of them need their last rites."

Line Break

Percy finished helping his wounded soldiers and giving the fallen ones their proper send off and was now walking through Olympus. He stood in front of Artemis' palace with a bit of dread as he didn't know if any hunters had fallen in the battle. He stood in front of Artemis door as he prepared himself for more grief before he opened the door and walked in. The hunters were all standing silently around the entrance making Percy's sense of dread grow.

Before he knew it he was tackled to the ground by a group of overly excited girls. He couldn't help but smile at his reception from the hunters, something he was sure no male had ever received from them before. When they girls had finally gotten off him, he was whisked off the throne room for the meeting.

Jason and Piper caught up to Percy and the hunters as they walked. At the entrance of the throne room, Artemis told Percy and Jason to wait with her as the hunters filed in. After a minute, Artemis kissed Percy softly before vanishing in a flash of silver leaving Percy and Jason standing outside confused.

"What the Hades was that about?" Jason asked.

Percy shrugged, "I don't know but let's get this over with; I'm in desperate need to a good twelve hour nap."

Jason chuckled and nodded as they opened the throne room doors. As they stepped into the throne room, they were met with a standing ovation from demigods, soldiers, Olympians and Primordials alike. Percy and Jason looked around as they both blushed in embarrassment. Percy sent a glare at his girlfriend who replied with a cheeky smile.

"Now that the saviors of Olympus have arrived we can begin our reward ceremony and celebration." Zeus bellowed as he looked at both Percy and Jason with pride clearly evident in his eyes.

A.N: I thought about continuing but where would the fun in that be. I'm sure you might think you know how it will go but I doubt it. Almost done.... Two maybe three chapters left.... It makes me a little sad, like my baby is all grown up lol.

This story is creeping up on three hundred thousand views... much thanks to all you loyal readers; your support is very much appreciated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 5.6K 46
Participating in two important wars, and with a millennia of demigod experience condensed inside of him, twenty-year-old Percy Jackson thinks he's do...
5.6K 394 5
it kills me sometimes, how people die. The Mark of Athena - The Blood of Olympus © bloodwyrms 2024
78.3K 1.1K 79
Sequel to The Silver Ring. Percy Jackson is finally having a normal life. Being married to Artemis but Zeus hating him, he counts himself lucky that...
59.9K 463 20
Prequel to "Of New Life" in which Percy and Annabeth enjoy the end of the war and move forward with life. Together, they finally settle down together...