No one else around, only us

By Ashisunavailable

"Stars had aligned, prayers had been heard and it just so happened to be that such a day would come into frui... More

Just us

19 1 2
By Ashisunavailable

“Aki?” 

“Hey, turn around Haru.”

Despite the winter cold, the warmth seeping into his skin is pleasantly unbearable as Haruki spins to see his gorgeous husband in the flesh after so long. It’s less than a nanosecond before Akihiko practically throws himself into Haruki’s arms, even with the potential audience watching. But none of that mattered in the moment, both desperate for contact. It had been almost 3 weeks since Akihiko had left for his most recent solo european tour which was far too long to be parted from his husband of 10 years - As much as playing music was a cathartic experience, especially considering he would be performing for some of the largest crowds of his musical career, absolutely nothing would be as euphoric than being able to hold and kiss Haruki senseless. 

“Hold on! I can’t breathe!” Haruki stutters out, muffled by the fabric of Akihiko’s thick coat, protests kindly ignored as he grips him tighter in his embrace. It lingers for just a few seconds more, making sure to really remember every detail of Haruki’s that he missed oh so dearly. Even after 10 whole years of marriage, the unbridled, unrestricted form of love from Akihiko still elicits the signature fluster of his. And it never gets old.

Akihiko pulls away with a wide grin, quickly fixing the loose golden strands of Haruki’s hair all frazzled from impact. “Honestly Aki…You’re going to be the death of me.” 

However many times he could chastise his dearest for his impulsive decisions, Haruki couldn’t lie that he didn’t enjoy the more forward affection. 

“I’ve really missed you, can you seriously blame me?” Akihiko laughs, wrapping his arm around Haruki’s waist, holding him close to his chest one last time for good measure.

Today was special, they finally had time for themselves after what felt like eternity - With Akihiko and Haruki’s busy schedules, careers and this overseas tour for the past year, it seemed as if alone time was off the table. But, the stars had aligned, prayers had been heard and it just so happened to be that such a day would come into fruition…and on one of the most romantic days of the year. This day was a blatant excuse to spoil Haruki rotten, luckily now being able to do so without the looming threat of an empty pocket - Not as if that was of any issue, Akihiko would be happy to sacrifice a meal or two to be able to see that grateful expression again and again.

Hand in hand with shared headphones, the two stroll along a small isolated route away from the crowds, taking their time before arriving at their home. Warm hues from the afternoon sun paint a romantic cinematic, soft light filters through the bare branches which reflect on Haruki’s gentle face, now glowing brighter than it already did. His hair almost shines a solid gold, and Haruki looks ethereal. But that reminds him-

“Haru, let’s stop here for a second.” Akihiko doesn’t give much time for Haruki to react before coming to a complete halt and sharply turning, causing him to stumble right into Akihiko, not learning from the first time. 

“Geez, again with the sudden movements. I’m too old for reflexes…” Haruki complains, rubbing his slightly red forehead. 

“34 isn't that old.” Akihiko objects as he guides Haruki to a wooden bench a few steps away. 

“Says you.” He retorts back. It’s a two year difference, which isn’t much of a difference to begin with. Akihiko thinks to himself, but lets the thought drift away. There’s something he wanted to do, far too eager to wait until they got back. Akihiko pulls Haruki’s face towards his, Haruki’s pout unwillingly shifting into a faint smile struggling to stay annoyed as he takes a quick sideways glance, eyes catching sight of the completely enamoured gaze in those green irises - 10 years, longer than that, Akihiko was still utterly obsessed to this day. In the past it was too much for Haruki's poor heart, now he can’t help but admire the sheer devotion that never falters for a second.

Akihiko reaches into his coat, traces of nervousness in the way his hands fumble around in his pocket searching for whatever is in there. 

“Close your eyes…!” He chirps out with excitement, a wide grin on his face. Haruki does as he’s told, left wondering as Akihiko takes his hand on his own, placing something in his palm. “Here’s to our 10th valentines together.” Now being allowed to look, Haruki is greeted with a rather luxuriously wrapped box, upon opening it the item is intricate and shining - A barrette adorned with small ruby rhinestones taking the shape of small flowers sits inside a plush pillow.

“It’s beautiful Aki.” 

“Just like you.” The affection catches Haruki off guard for a second, leaving Akihiko a chance to quickly leave a kiss on unknowing lips. Putting the lid back on the box, Haruki stands up and starts to get back on track, heat very prominent on his face. The intense looks he could handle, but not that. Akihiko joins him again, laughing “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” apologising holding his hand once more. 

They finally arrive at the doorway of their shared home, though before Akihiko can walk through the door, Haruki stops him. 

“Wait here for a second okay?” Akihiko stares at him confused as Haruki hurriedly unlocks the door for himself, leaving him outside waiting like a puppy wearing the same wide-eyed look, Haruki could practically see his figurative tail drop. But he wasn’t the only one with a romantic surprise today.

Even with the small detour, the food he’d prepared looks just right, not too crisp, not too soft. Lighting the various jasmine scented candles and laying out everything on the table, and setting up the perfect atmosphere with soft music.And for the final touches, Haruki inspects his appearance in the bedroom mirror, his hair carefully put up and decorated with his new barrette. Realising Akihiko had been standing outside for over 5 minutes at this point, Haruki paddles to the door letting him into the house.

The meal turns out to be a success, most definitely getting the seal of approval from Akihiko- 

“So good Haru!” he loudly proclaims, still putting food to mouth far too quickly. It was nothing special yet he made it seem as if he was eating the utmost quality at a Michelin star restaurant. 

“Slow down, also don’t talk with your mouthful.” Unfortunately the warning is useless, and the serene moment is shortly disturbed by Akihiko’s small coughing fit. Haruki hands him a glass to recuperate which he gladly takes.

“You really didn’t have to do all of this Haru.” He says through a scratchy throat.

“It was the least I could do, especially considering what you brought me.” Haruki dismisses the praise. “You’ve been working so hard recently and you deserve to be pampered.” He continues with a downcast laugh. Akihiko was working hard , and Haruki couldn’t be anymore proud. But with that, it felt like he wasn’t doing enough. After today, things would go back to what they were, and something like this wouldn’t happen again for a while. A strange feeling arises in Haruki’s stomach, he wants to push it down, forget about it. For Akihiko’s and his own sake.

“Hey love, earth to Haru?” Haruki is brought out of his weird trance by his husband pressing his hand against his, the golden bands on their fingers clinking together. He looks worried, the gentle candle glow illuminating the concern in his eyes. Ah…this wasn’t supposed to happen.

“I’m dampening the mood. Sorry.” It’s ridiculous really, this was just how life in the limelight was like. Haruki couldn’t be selfish about this.

“Tell me what’s wrong..?” Akihiko’s kind expression and genuine tone makes it impossible to hide anything, so Haruki takes a deep breath. 

“With everything that’s been going on, we haven’t had time like this in forever. I just feel as if this isn’t enough.” He keeps his head down, Akihiko grips Haruki’s hand tighter. “I wish we had more time.” Haruki builds up the courage to slowly glance up at him once more and he can’t help the slight watering in his eyes upon seeing the wistful smile on Akihiko’s face.

“God, I’d give up everything to make sure you’d never feel this way again.” 

“That’s far too drastic!” Though it may sound like it,

“You know I would.” Haruki knows he'd do it in a heartbeat.

He can’t help but laugh, it’s infectious, both of them giggling to themselves as the sound resonates around the house. The uneasiness surrounding them fades away, this? Just being together no matter how long, or how ambitious, is everything they could ever ask for. 

They finish their meals, falling back into casual conversation talking about the past 3 weeks, Akihiko’s short visits to various countries, the food, the people and the excitement that came with performing among some of the best of their time. They talk about the others, Haruki retelling stories about their nights out and a brand new opportunity directing a period drama for a major studio. They polish the last of their drinks, and as the music continues to play, Akihiko has a bright idea. 

He gets up from where he’s sitting to join Haruki’s side, leaning over and slowly wraps his arms around Haruki’s shoulders with his head buried into his shoulder. Akihiko begins to sway along to the slow tempo, gentle ring of violins, picking of guitar and light melody of the piano. He tilts his head to quietly speak into Haruki’s ear. “Care to join me for a dance?” 

The suggestion is absolutely corny yet romantic and he couldn’t say no to such an offer. 

Standing up, Akihiko’s hands find the curve of Haruki’s waist, lacing their banded fingers together as he guides the other hand to his shoulder. The chorus starts and the two move to the centre of the living room now turned dancefloor. Despite being musicians, their coordination is messy at first, so they follow a simple rhythm one step forward, one step back. Haruki starts to sing along to the music, uncaring of the occasional stumbling and misstep, simply enjoying the feel of one of his favourite songs. 

The soft candle glow, the music so slow’ 

‘Your skin on my skin’ 

The room kept spinning’ 

Akihiko takes that as his cue to carefully spin Haruki, watching in awe as the loose strands of his hair flutter in the air and fall to frame his face and shoulders perfectly. Isolated violins bring the song to a close, and to finish off this impromptu dance sequence Akihiko slowly tips Haruki down, made partially easier by his ability to hold his husband with one arm who goes to tightly grab at Akihiko’s forearms getting caught off guard.

“Impressive.” Haruki comments as he’s raised back up. Now in a more comfortable position, he weaves his arms around Akihiko’s neck taking pleasure in the faint jolt he gets out of him.  Haruki decides to shift the atmosphere, luring Akihiko where, deep down, they both really want to be. With a low, alluring tone he moves up to Akihiko’s ear and mutters, “I’ve missed you so badly. So much I don’t want you to leave.” Haruki doesn’t stop for a second, using Akihiko’s moment of defencelessness to place an addictive kiss against his lips, cradling his palms over his cheeks, somehow warmer than Haruki’s own hands. 

They stumble their way into the bedroom as eager hands pull and grab at clothes, lips and teeth find their way onto bare skin leaving marks upon marks, making up for the 3 weeks of torture being unable to truly be as one. Afterwards the sheer relief following the afterglow leaves a pleasant buzz in Haruki’s limbs and as he begins to happily drift off in the arms of his husband, the sight of gleaming eternal bands is the last thing he sees until dawn breaks - A reminder that, no matter where, when or how long, they are wholly intertwined until the very end.

Encore

Morning arises, the gentle winter light rousing Haruki from some of the best sleep he’s had in forever, safe and comforted in Akihiko’s arms. Haruki searches in the expanse of the bedsheets for him yet it’s empty. His heart aches at the loss of the warm weight in their bed, so he further curls into the bed, tightly holding onto the duvet.

Surely he hadn’t left already? 

Luckily, the rather loud clanging of cookware answers the question quickly. A few minutes pass and Akihiko re-emerges back into the bedroom, equipped with a small tray and an extremely proud expression, breakfast elegantly displayed.

“Your morning meal sir.” He bows, presenting the food to Haruki who graciously takes it with a blinding smile. Akihiko watches his husband enjoy the authentic English breakfast he’d spent the morning making, tucking some of the messy strands of bed hair behind his ear. 

“Haru?”

“Mnh?” He responds after taking a bite from a slice of toast.

“I’m yours.” Haruki freezes for a moment, a mix of shock and fluster upon his face. Akihiko’s smile widens before speaking again, “It can all wait, I spoke to a few people and you have me for a few weeks more.” 

Haruki reacts by immediately wrapping himself around Akihiko, still minding the tray on his lap, kissing him with enthusiasm.

He couldn’t be happier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
1.3M 58K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
207K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...