𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄 , drew starkey

بواسطة estorine

❝ i'm not in love with you anymore. ❞ ❝ i didn't know you ever were. ❞ in which drew starkey and arabella whi... المزيد

𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five

seven

1.8K 50 33
بواسطة estorine

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。
—𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀

—𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

Outer Banks dropped last night, but the cast decided to hold off on the celebration until tonight. Chase's buddy generously offered to host the party, which was a relief for everyoneno setup or cleanup required.

As Madison, Madelyn, and Arabella arrived, the party was already in full swing. The size of the house left them momentarily confused about where to enter, but the cluster of people near the garage served as a clear sign of the way to go.

The party wasn't exactly release party, it was just a normal party. But as Madison said, no one can ever turn down an excuse to party.

Arabella was hesitant about going to the party, but with the persuasion of Madison, Madelyn, and a little bit of Ivy on the phone, she decided to attend. However, she was adamant about leaving early.

"Can't believe Outer Banks is released," Madison gushed, doing a quick jump in excitement as they walked up the driveway. "Like, it's on Netflix!"

"I'm still mad at you guys for making me go out instead of staying in and watching it." Arabella huffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Oh come on." Madelyn groaned. "You have all day tomorrow to watch it."

Arabella playfully rolled her eyes at the pair before entering the house, where the air was thick with the scent of alcohol and weed. People were gathered everywhere, making the large house feel crowded. Small blue and white lights lit up the dark atmosphere, adding to the party's ambiance.

In high school, Arabella would groan at the smell. Telling all of her friends that all these people wouldn't make it past 30. But now, ashamed to admit it, she is one of those people now.

"I'm really hoping I don't run into anyone I don't want here," Arabella said. The 'anyone she doesn't want' in question was Drew, and just the thought of interacting with him again made her grimace in discomfort

"There are so many people here, Belle. You won't." Madison reassured her with Madelyn agreeing afterwards.

Arabella hummed in response before making her way towards the kitchen, where she saw a plethora of bottles lined up. Catching Madelyn and Madison's eyes, she raised her eyebrows suggestively, silently proposing that they do shots, which they happily obliged too.

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

It had been an hour into the party, and Arabella still hadn't seen the person she didn't want to see which made her let out a breath in satisfaction. Arabella had lost count of how many drinks she had consumed, but it must have been a lot because she was way past tipsy.

Arabella told Madison that she was going to grab a drink which made Madison scowl. "Don't you think you're having too"

"I'll be fineeee." Arabella waved Madison off before making her way to the kitchen.

Arabella's face beamed at the sight of new drinks. She grabbed a glass and filled it up, then added a small umbrella, making it look cuter.

"Guess a Whitmore needs everything in tip-top shape." A voice behind her said, startling Arabella and causing her to dribble a bit of her drink down her chin.

"Rudy!" Arabella smiled, downing her glass before placing it on the counter and giving him a hug. "Congratulations on the drop! How are you?"

"Good, good," Rudy replied, amused by Arabella's ability to chug a drink. "How are you? The last time we met, we didn't really meet in the best conditions."

Arabella winced at the memory of their last interaction, the one that had made her sprint away to throw up. Rudy noticed her change in demeanor and quickly changed the subject, sensing her discomfort.

"Justforget it," Rudy quickly said, hoping Arabella wouldn't get too upset by the topic. "At least it's better now."

"Yeah, way better," Arabella said, giving Rudy a sympathetic smile. She then poured herself another drink, lifted it up with a grin, and took a sip.

"So," Rudy started, his eyes curious as he took a sip of his beer to match Arabella's drink. "What do you think of the show?"

"You're going to hate me for this," Arabella pouted, her expression sheepish. "But I didn't watch it yet."

"What?" Rudy gawked, putting a playful hand on his heart. "Such a fake friend."

"I know, I know!" Arabella raised her hands in surrender, laughing. "I would've watched it tonight, but Madelyn and Madison dragged me here instead, and well, you know how they are."

"That I do. But you have to watch it tomorrow. " He raised his eyebrows in challenge.

"I will, I will. Don't worry."

"Promise?" Rudy said, lifting out his pinky, indicating a pinky promise.

"Promise." Arabella lifted out hers as well, interlocking their pinkies in a promise as Arabella took another sip of her drink with her free hand.

"Thought you didn't drink."

A familiar voice behind her startled Arabella again, but this time she knew who it was and she didn't want to look. Keeping her eyes locked on Rudy's. She noticed Rudy slowly starting to scoot away from the scene, making Arabella shoot him a glare. He mouthed a quick "sorry" before disappearing from the kitchen completely. Arabella pressed her lips into a line, mumbling a curse under her breath.

Leaving Arabella no choice, she turned her head. Making brief eye contact with Drew until she moved her body so her front was leaning against the counter instead of her back. She poured a mixer into her drink before guzzling the rest of it. No way she was going to talk to Drew sober.

"Want more?" A guy asked from the other side of the counter when he saw Arabella finish her drink.

"Yeah"

"She's good." Drew harshly spoke to the guy, cutting Arabella off. His tone was sharp, and the guy took a step back, slightly lifting his hands in defeat, clearly intimidated by Drew.

"Okay, what the hell?" Arabella finally spoke, turning around to face Drew. Her voice was firm, her eyes narrowing at him. "What is your problem?"

"Since when do you drink?" Drew asked, ignoring Arabella's previous question.

"Since when did you care?" She retorted.

"I don't."

"Keep it that way," Arabella huffed, turning to walk away from Drew. However, in her drunken state, she stumbled on her steps, making Drew to quickly put his hands out to keep Arabella from falling.

Arabella froze at his touch but shrugged him off nonetheless.

"M'fine." Arabella muttered, avoiding Drew's gaze.

"Okay, yeah, you are," Drew sneered, releasing Arabella. "Come on then, walk. Walk properly if you're totally fine," he challenged, taking a step back to observe Arabella's effort.

Arabella huffed in response to Drew's challenge, determined to prove him wrong. She straightened her posture and tried to walk with confidence, but her steps were unsteady, and she stumbled slightly. Drew noticed her struggle and came to her side once again, his expression softening for a moment.

Drew groaned at Arabella's antics, frustrated by her stubbornness. Despite his annoyance, he couldn't leave her looking like this. He couldn't just walk away, not when she was clearly struggling. He wouldn't.

Drew's expression shifted to concern as he watched Arabella clutch her stomach and breathe heavily.

"You good?"

"Just stop," Arabella managed to mumble out, her voice strained. "I said I'm fine. Leave it."

"You're not fine"

"Leave it." Arabella snapped. She was wasted and being wasted while Drew was next to her wasn't helping at all. Arabella didn't know how many times she was going to throw up because of the presence of Drew Starkey, but she was pretty sure this was going to be the second.

Arabella looked around weakly before spotting a bathroom near the kitchen which made her hustle to it, stumbling on the way. Drew pressed his lips in a thin line as he saw her stumbling, suppressing a groan as he followed closely behind, hand brushing over her back, keeping her steady.

The pair went into the bathroom and Drew locked it, making sure no one would come in to see the state of Arabella.

Arabella's body collapsed near the toilet, her stomach lurching with the urge to vomit, but nothing came out. She tried again, her throat burning, but once more, nothing came up.

"Fucking hell," Drew muttered under his breath,. He gently lifted Arabella's chin with one hand, his touch surprisingly soft despite the situation. "Open

Arabella furrowed her eyebrows at Drew's request, her confusion evident. She shook her head rapidly, denying his request.

"I'm not asking, Ara." Drew complained. The name falling so easily off his lips even after 7 years. It freaked him out.

With a grimace, she complied, and Drew's fingers plunged down her throat. She vomited forcefully into the toilet, the alcohol and bile burning her throat on the way up as Drew was right there, holding back her hair.

Back in high school, Arabella was the one looking out for Drew, making sure he didn't drink too much and making sure he ate before leaving parties. She never would've imagined their roles would reverse. She leaned back, resting her head against the cool tile, her eyes meeting Drew's.

She knew this feeling all too well.

"Come on." Drew got up after he noticed Arabella was done making a mess. "Let's get you home."

"Not with you." Arabella shook her head, pinching her eyebrows together. "Bails or Maddie."

"They're drunk out of their minds as well," Drew argued, his tone firm. "They're not in the right state to drive. I haven't had a drink. Plus, they're definitely going to be here for another two hours."

Arabella paused at Drew's words, her mind racing as she tried to find any excuse not to go with him. She knew he was right, but she was searching for anything to prove him wrong.

"Rudy can."

Drew's eyebrows knitted together in confusion at Arabella's request. Rudy could, but just like Arabella, he seemed to be grasping for any excuse for her not to go with him

"Rudy is drunk as well," Drew said impatiently, though he wasn't entirely sure of Rudy's state. "Just... just let me take you. I'm already on the way out, and you don't need to drink anymore."

Arabella's shoulders dropped in defeat as she reluctantly agreed. She was tired and in no mood to argue. Drew let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding when she agreed.

Drew nodded before walking over to the bathroom door, unlocking it. He made Arabella walk a few inches in front of him so that she was in his sight. His hand finding a way to gently float over her back in attempt to not touch her but to keep her from stumbling.

They made it to Drew's car and Arabella noticed he got a new car. Of course he did, she hasn't seen him in forever and he's making 6 figures. Arabella told herself.

Arabella opened the door of the Range Rover and hopped in the passenger seat. She hesitated, briefly considering sitting in the back out of spite, but shook off the thought, realizing it would be too petty.

Arabella opted to be silent the entire car ride. Not mentioning the giant elephant in the room. She bit her lip to stay quiet as he leaned over Arabella to grab a water from the door cup holder. The infamous chain slightly brushing over her thigh.

Drew seemed to notice the chain as well because as soon as he got up, he tucked the chain into his shirt.

He handed the water to Arabella without a word. Arabella accepted the bottle, avoiding any contact from his fingers.

As Arabella drank her water, her phone started to ring. It laid face up on her thigh, the screen displaying a picture of her and her dad smiling. Drew glanced over, catching a glimpse of the caller ID.

"You should pick that up," Drew murmured, his eyes still focused on the road. But he noticed how Arabella ignored the call, closing her phone and turning it so the camera was facing up.

"I already know what he's going to say."

"What's that?" Drew inquired. Though he most likely already knew as well.

"He's going to tell me that a new spot opened at his office, saying that it's not too late to switch from my silly magazine thing," Arabella admitted, sighing in frustration.

Drew's expression hardened at Arabella's confession. It was no secret that Warren loved Arabella to bits and pieces. But it was also no secret that Warren was skeptical at the idea of Arabella doing English.

Drew wanted to tell Arabella that it wasn't silly. That during his second year he doubled majored in theatre performance and English. But he didn't. He stayed quiet.

Just like Arabella did that night.

Drew arrived at Arabella's apartment and was unsure whether to drop Arabella off inside her complex. He pondered for a moment, but before he could decide, he heard the car door slam. Looking to his right, he saw that Arabella had left the car without saying anything, not even a goodbye.

Just like Drew did.

©𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

163K 4.2K 25
༉‧₊˚ 𝙱𝙸𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚂𝚆𝙴𝙴𝚃 𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙶𝙴𝙳𝚈. ❀ ༉‧₊˚. ❛ how do you say goodbye when your heart still wants to hold on? ❜ ╭・␥ 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝗐 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗄𝖾𝗒...
333K 4.4K 23
Do you remember when we felt like the only two alive? A JJ Maybank fanfiction♡
13.8K 106 19
in which two best friends fake date to make someone jealous..... until one of them ends up falling for the other {started: oct 23, 2021} finished: ap...
23.8K 724 40
❥ TWISTED VISIONS ! ⸻ in which a young girl falls in love with her best friend ! ➳ ┊OUTER BANKS┊ jj maybank x fem!oc ex!rafe cameron x fem!oc 𝐬𝐭�...