Yours

By chaexjune

She's a social media influencer while he...is not her type, but fate brought them together from the awkward m... More

prologue: your girlfriend
chapter one: your neighbour
chapter two: your personality
chapter three: your decision
chapter four: your happiness
chapter five: your influence
chapter seven: your favourite
chapter eight: your feelings
chapter nine: your changes
chapter ten: your service
chapter eleven: your invitation
chapter twelve: your fever
chapter thirteen: your chef
chapter fourteen: your background
chapter fifteen: your paranoia
chapter sixteen: your enemy
chapter seventeen: your story
chapter eighteen: your presence
chapter nineteen: your past
chapter twenty: your worst

chapter six: your play date

384 40 25
By chaexjune

Jungkook had just come back with Bam from their morning walk, and as usual, he would let Bam free in the elevator before he ran to their apartment unit. However, this morning, Bam stopped faster, and Jungkook realized that he had stopped in front of Chaeyoung's apartment instead.

"Hey, Bammie...that's not our house.", he quickly ran to Bam to pick him up. "This is our house, Bam.", he whispered as he stepped aside to the door of his apartment. "Okay, get in.", he said as he opened the door and put Bam down to walk inside.

When he thought Bam would jump into his doghouse like he usually did after a walk, he saw Bam turned around and ran out of the door to which surprised him.

"Bammie!"

The active doberman barked as he got out of the apartment.

"Oh, hey..."

Jungkook was going to catch his puppy when he saw Chaeyoung walking out of her house with Hank on his leash.

"Hi..Chaeyoung.", he greeted as he watched her patting Bam's head gently.

"Are you going for a walk, hm, handsome boy?", she asked Bam as she crouched down to look at his face closer.

Jungkook smiled as he watched Chaeyoung interacting with his pet.

"Oh, Hankie. Hank, this is Bam. Bam, this is Hank.", she carried Hank in her arms before introducing him to the bigger puppy in front of him.

Jungkook crouched down too to hold Bam as he looked excited to get to know a new friend, "Bammie, careful. Don't hurt your friend."

Despite Jungkook's careful supervision, Chaeyoung let Hank get closer to Bam before they both witnessed their pets touch paws as if they were greeting each other.

"Oh, look.", Chaeyoung giggled, seeing the interaction between their puppies. "They look excited.", she added, covering her mouth in surprise as Hank suddenly followed Bam, who was running into Jungkook's apartment.

"Bammie?", Jungkook was equally shocked before he followed the puppies inside.

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, was unsure if she could come in, so she waited in front of the door while Jungkook went in to check on the puppies.

"Are..are they okay, Jungkook?", Chaeyoung asked as she could not see the dogs.

Jungkook smiled before he called her in, "You need to see this."

"Um, can I come in?", she asked.

"Yeah, sure.", he nodded.

As Chaeyoung entered and went to where Jungkook was, she looked at what he was smiling at. There they saw in front of the coffee table, Bam was putting his bone plush toy far away from Hank and tried to teach the smaller dog to fetch it but he seemed clueless to Bam's action. Hank might be excited with his tail wagging, but his face showed confusion to the bigger puppy that was barking at him.

"Hank hasn't played fetch before, is he?", Jungkook asked, smiling as he looked at how Bam was determined to play with Hank.

"Um...no, not really. Usually, when Hank meets Love, they just wrestle or chase each other.", Chaeyoung told him.

"Love?"

"My best friend's doberman."

"Oh. Um...if you don't mind, I could train him- I mean I can help him to play fetch with Bam. That is if you don't mind.", he offered.

Chaeyoung slowly nodded, "Is it not going to bother you?"

"No, I'm free. I can take them to the park and play fetch with them.", Jungkook quickly answered.

"Now? Really?", she asked again.

He nodded, "Yes. If you're worried, you can come along."

Chaeyoung looked at her watch, "Yeah..I think I can. Actually, I'm going to take Hank for a walk but it seems like he's getting along with a new friend so...might as well let them play together, right?"

Jungkook agreed, "Then, let's take them to play at the park."

"Oh, okay.", she replied despite her head telling her not to follow through with the plan.

♡♡♡

At first, Chaeyoung was worried as Hank had never played at the park before. She was worried that her puppy would not get comfortable with Jungkook since the only people he used to meet were Lisa and Bogum. She was also concerned about how Hank would react to playing with a new friend at a place like the park.

When she followed Jungkook to let their pets play some fetching games, she was careful and prayed that her puppy would not make a scene in the public area. Jungkook was also gentle with Hank as he knew that it was their first meet and he did not want to scare the little guy away.

"Chaeyoung, can I give him some treats?", he asked as he took out a packet of dog treats from his jacket. "Does he eat carrot?", he added as he opened the zip lock bag.

Chaeyoung was a bit surprised to see he prepared it, "Wow, you prepared that?"

Jungkook nodded, "Bam loves to make a lot of stops during his walk. These help me keep him occupied but today...he's going to share it with Hank."

She smiled, watching him feeding Hank.

"Oh, he likes it.", Jungkook patted Hank's head as Hank was chewing on the carrot crunchies.

"Hankie eats everything that's tasty to him. Where did you buy these treats? I need to get this for him.", Chaeyoung asked as Jungkook gave her a packet.

He then, smiled before rubbing the back of his head shyly, "I made them myself."

Chaeyoung's mouth slightly opened, once again surprised with Jungkook.

"I can make for you- I mean for Hank if you want.", he added.

"Seriously, Jungkook? You...made these treats yourself and packed them nicely like this?", Chaeyoung was still amazed with his homemade dog treats.

Her continuous surprised expression made Jungkook even more shy. He tried to laugh it off before replying to her.

"Bam likes it packed like that."

Chaeyoung nodded but still looked amazed with the packed treats in her hand, "How much do you sell it for?"

Jungkook chuckled before shaking his head, "Chaeyoung, if you want, you can tell me. I'll make them for Hank. Free of charge. Just ring my doorbell."

"No...this is homemade and packed like this. I should pay a price for your hard work, Jungkook.", she responded, insisting on paying if she wants to get it for Hank.

However, Jungkook was also persistent in his words, "It's not that I don't want your money, but I don't sell it. I just made them for Bam, and as I said, I can make them for Hank, too, if you want. Plus, I just made them as a hobby, not for profit, Chaeyoung."

She slowly nodded, "Okay, then. I think I'll ring your doorbell when I need some of these."

He smiled, "That's right. Just ring my doorbell. Anytime."

"Thank you..for these.", she replied before Jungkook smiled and switched his eyes to their puppies playing chase together.

"Okay, I think Hank is ready for his lesson. If he does well, you can give him the treats.", Jungkook said before he clapped his hands to get the attention of both Hank and Bam.

Chaeyoung stood aside as she watched Jungkook teaching Hank and Bam to play fetch with him. At some point, she was smiling at the interaction between Jungkook and her small baby Hank. She was glad that Hank could get along with him easily despite it being their first meet.

"He's such a good boy.", Jungkook said as he picked up Hank and carried him back to Chaeyoung after they were done playing.

Chaeyoung smiled while still recording a video of them, "What would you grade his fetching skill, Teacher Jeon?"

Jungkook chuckled before Hank jumped off from his hold and went back to chase Bam. Chaeyoung managed to look at Hank and tell him to be careful.

"He's so active and easy to teach.", Jungkook commented as Chaeyoung focused her phone camera back on him.

"Is that an A for Hank?", she asked playfully.

Jungkook smiled before looking away from the phone, "A plus."

Chaeyoung ended the video there before looking at Hank and Bam like Jungkook.

"You're a camera shy, are you?", she asked him.

He laughed, "Is it obvious?"

"Your expression changed when you realised I'm recording.", she answered from her observation.

"It's not that I don't like cameras...", he admitted. "But because I don't look good in them so...", he added, his voice became slower as he spoke.

"You look fine though..", her response made Jungkook turn his head at her.

"You think?"

Chaeyoung turned to him too, "I mean...you look natural with dogs. It's like you're a pet trainer and your actions are natural with them. You didn't look awkward until you saw me recording."

Jungkook nodded before looking away, feeling a bit embarrassed for mistaking her words.

"Oh, or is it because you're worried I'm going to post this video in my channel?", she asked him.

He blinked as she pointed a little too close to his face, "Are..are you going to post it there?"

She smiled slowly before smirking.

"Are you..?", he repeated. His voice was almost unheard. It was like he lost his words.

Chaeyoung laughed before answering him, "No, of course not. I just recorded for myself. This is a good memory, Jungkook. And I don't post other people on my channel. Don't worry."

Jungkook let out a relieved sigh, "You scared me there."

She smiled, "I'm sorry. I was just joking."

He nodded in relief, "Good to know."

Chaeyoung put her phone in the pocket and looked at their dogs, "Oh, look at them."

Jungkook looked ahead to both of the dogs that were resting on the grass, "I guess playtime has ended."

Chaeyoung agreed as they both started to walk to the dogs, "We should bring them home."

He nodded, "Let's go home." And then, clapped his hands as he was jogging to the dogs, "Boys, it's time to go!"

His clap caused Chaeyoung to flinch. She was almost breathless when Jungkook said 'let's go home' to her.

♡♡♡

"He's a good dog trainer, don't you think?", Chaeyoung asked Lisa.

The Thai girl turned to her with wide eyes indicating her shock.

"What?", Chaeyoung asked innocently.

"Tell me you're falling in love with him without telling me you're falling in love with him.", Lisa replied as she put Chaeyoung's phone on the table.

Chaeyoung's mouth slightly opened in shock before she denied, "Nooo..I'm just saying he's good with dogs like a professional dog trainer. That's all!"

Lisa backed away with her hands raised, "Yeah, right. Do you want this video to be included in your next post?"

"No!", she quickly replied.

Her quick response surprised Lisa, "Then, why are you showing me this video?"

Chaeyoung shrugged, "I just wanted to share with you...what I did with Hank yesterday."

Lisa gave her a look of disbelief, judging her quietly with her eyes.

"And since we're working on my next post and it's about Hank, why not, right?", Chaeyoung tried to explain as she took her phone.

Lisa had been helping her with video editing, so she tends to share every related video or photo for her channel usage with her.

"Okay, yeah, whatever you say, Chaeyoung.", Lisa rolled her eyes, tired of Chaeyoung's denial regarding her neighbour. "Anyway, you said this happened yesterday?", she questioned Chaeyoung.

The blonde girl nodded.

"So, yesterday you had a play date with him, hm?", Lisa asked, smiling mischievously at her best friend.

"Nooo..", Chaeyoung replied, shaking her head.

Lisa nodded, "The video says the opposite."

Chaeyoung kept shaking her head, "Hank and Bam had a play date. Like Hank had one with Love. Not me and Jungkook. Please, no."

"So that's-"

Chaeyoung's apartment bell rang at that time to save her from Lisa's constant teasing. She quickly got up from the sofa and excused herself. When she peered through the peephole, her eyes widened at who she saw on the other side of the door.

The bell rang again. Chaeyoung was not sure whether to open it or let it be. Another ring was heard and Lisa was frowning from the sofa. Chaeyoung should have opened the door already, what was she doing?

"Chae, are you-"

"Chaeyoung, hi."

Lisa shut her mouth as she headed to the door and saw the person outside of the apartment.

"Hi...Jungkook. What..are you doing here?", Chaeyoung replied rather awkwardly.

"Oh..you got company.", he said as he saw Lisa at the back in the hallway.

Chaeyoung turned around before nodding to him, "Yeah, that's...Lisa. My friend."

"Oh, the one you told have a doberman?", Jungkook asked.

"Yeah."

"She told you about me?", Lisa suddenly stood beside Chaeyoung, her eyes went from looking at her best friend to looking at Jungkook with curiosity.

Jungkook nodded, "Chaeyoung said you have a dog of the same breed as mine."

"Oh."

"Okay, since we're here, I guess I should just introduce you two to each other.", Chaeyoung chimed in as Lisa put her arm around her shoulders. "Jungkook, this is Lisa Manoban. Lisa, this is Jeon Jungkook.", she introduced the two.

Jungkook said hi politely to Lisa as they shake hands.

"So, Jungkook. What makes you come here at night like this to my best friend's home?", Lisa asked like the protective best friend she is.

"Oh, yeah. I actually want to give her these.", Jungkook raised his hand and showed a plastic bag full of dog treats. "There's three different flavours in this. Carrot, peanut butter and banana, and blueberry. All for you.", he said to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung looked at the plastic bag, surprised, "Oh...you made them for me?"

He nodded, "Hank finished one packet yesterday so I made extra for him in bigger packs."

Chaeyoung took the plastic bag with a smile, "Thank you, Jungkook. These...are a lot. Really."

Jungkook shook his head, "I was making for Bam so I made more to give to you as well."

"Are these homemade?", Lisa interrupted as she had been witnessing the two seemed to forget about her existence there with them.

"Yes-"

"Lisa, I'm sorry but can you leave us alone for a while? Please...", Chaeyoung cut in as she hit Lisa's hand lightly when she tried to take a look at the content of the plastic bag.

Lisa pouted before nodding, "Okay...it was nice meeting you, Mr Jeon.."

He tilted his head as Lisa did the same, "Same with me."

As Lisa disappeared, Chaeyoung apologized to Jungkook.

"She's a bit clingy with me. I'm sorry."

Jungkook smiled before shaking his head, "It's alright. It's my fault. I shouldn't have come at this time."

"No, it's not your fault. You didn't know I had someone else here with me.", Chaeyoung quickly replied.

"But still I've disturbed you..."

Chaeyoung shook her head, "Not really. I wasn't doing anything important."

Jungkook looked at her softly.

"Can I have-"

"Maybe I should-"

Both of them ended up speaking at the same time. They giggled at themselves before Jungkook told her to speak first.

"Maybe I should give you my phone number. We've been neighbours for almost two months, we should have each others' number, right?", she said to him.

He chuckled, "I was going to ask you the same thing, Chaeyoung."

He took his phone out and asked her for her phone number. After that, he excused himself and wished her a good night before leaving.

Chaeyoung closed the door and turned around with a smile still on her face. As she looked ahead to the hallway, she saw Lisa's shadow hiding from her sight. She sighed before walking up to her.

"Please stop teasing me for today, Lisa.", she said as she reached Lisa.

Lisa just smiled before they both went back to the sofa.

"So, where were we?", Lisa asked as she prepared to get serious again.

"My next video to post.", Chaeyoung answered, reminding Lisa to focus on the task at hand.

Lisa nodded, "Right, right. But! I just remembered we were talking about what you did yesterday."

"Yea, Hank's play date with Bam. The topic ended there."

Lisa shook her head, "We were talking about that, and then, your neighbour next-door came here giving you his homemade dog treats, and you two exchanged numbers. How cute is that?"

Chaeyoung glared at her, "Stop teasing me or we'll get nowhere with the video."

"Just a little bit more.", Lisa said, putting her forefinger up as if asking for one more thing to tease Chaeyoung about.

Chaeyoung shook her head in defeat, "What else, Lisa?"

"You just exchanged numbers with him...do you know what will happen next?", Lisa asked.

"I don't want to know."

Lisa hit her arm lightly, "Come on..."

"Just say whatever you want, Lisa.", Chaeyoung said as she pretended to check the videos on Lisa's laptop.

Lisa chuckled, "The next thing that will happen between you two...is a play date. Without your dogs, of course."

Chaeyoung shook her head and covered her ears as she spoke loudly, "I don't hear you! I don't want to hear you! I don't know what you're talking about!"

Lisa laughed loudly at how ridiculous Chaeyoung was reacting despite her blushing cheeks showing it all.

♡♡♡

Girl, you know I want your love
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
😁
I'm sorry I was missing for a few days. I was preparing to see Ed Sheeran and was happy I saw him yesterday hehe..

Anyway, who's here manifesting with Lisa about these two neighbours? 🤭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 632 14
In which a normal girl accidentally called Jennie from a famous girl group BLACKPINK without knowing. On the other hand Jennie was fed up of her idol...
76.7K 2.1K 68
- 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭đĸ𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐌đĸ 𝐁𝐨đĢ𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨đĢ𝐞 đĢ𝐞𝐚𝐝đĸ𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐. Šī¸đ°đĸ𝐧𝐭𝐞đĢđĢ𝐚đĸ𝐧__
112K 4.4K 32
2 Girls. 2 separate lives. 1 chance encounter. How will two strangers' relationship develop after unfortunate circumstances forces them both to reinv...
96.3K 4K 42
The snow falls in love with fire.....