tethered | luke hughes

By blond43d

。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝘁𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 "with you by my side forever tethered evermore" ❝ you don't get to pity yo... More

𝘁𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱
𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

1.7K 51 11
By blond43d

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
suggestions and clarifications !

lexie was losing hope.

she had called luke almost four hours ago. she knew he was a busy man but still, she thought he could at least have the decency to leave a quick text.

she tried to just ignore it all together, the regret in her veins quickly wearing her down which made her fall deeply asleep.

and in some sick fucked up way, her brain decided to make her dream about her and luke. about them in a universe where they were actually happy and the unnecessary toxicity of their relationship didn't exist.

the dream startled her so bad it just made the sound of her phone ringing more terrifying. with a jump she sat up, breathing heavily as she desperately looked for her phone.

once she saw who was calling, her breathing stopped all together. before she had time to completely regret it, she quickly answered, bringing the phone up to her ear with shaky hands.

"hi"

lexie sharply breathed in, barely managing to answer him clearly "hey, luke"

"i was stuck at practice. i'm sorry" he winced, the lie falling through his teeth terrifyingly easy.

"it's okay. i kind of figured" she muttered, leaning back on her headboard to try and relax her body.

the pair of friends stayed in silence, neither of them knew what to say. it wasn't until luke really paid attention to her breathing that he noticed "you okay?"

"yeah. why do you ask?" she said lowly, trying to calm her breathing but it was proving to be a little difficult.

"you don't sound fine" luke frowned, at this point able to tell just by the tone of her voice her mood.

"i'm okay lukey" she assured, a small smile trying to make its way to her face.

they fell into a silence once again, the awkwardness stabbing them both on their chest and filling it with sadness. they didn't used to be like this and they both missed the easiness of their friendship "why did you need to talk?" luke asked with a little hesitance in his voice, not really sure if he actually wanted to know.

lexie breathed in, trying to find a way to express her feelings without sounding too dependent and crazy "i miss you. i miss us" she decided into saying, her heart beating wildly against her chest in anxiousness and anticipation "the us before everything. i know i told you to leave me alone but i miss you"

"i miss you too" he said quietly after a second, his mind still trying to comprehend what she was saying. he knew he had been in the wrong, he knew their falling out was his fault for his lack of empathy but he still felt like someone had jumped on his chest when she said she wanted a break. he was so sure she hated him, so to hear her say the opposite made a small sliver of hope start to build on his chest.

"really?" she said with wonder, after all this time still not processing that luke actually cared so much about her, he was just really fucking bad at expressing it.

"of course, lex. you're my best friend" he confided, the ache of missing her consuming him ever so slightly.

"do you think we can try to go back?" she inquired, hoping to whatever was above that this time it would work out. romantically or not, lexie knew she wanted luke in her life.

"i know we can, lex. i'm sorry" luke mumbled, changing the call to the speaker to lay down, putting his phone gently on his chest.

"i'm sorry too" she echoed, hugging her knees to her chest.

"so, how are you?" he asked after another silence, but this time it wasn't as uncomfortable.

"i'm really good. the album's doing really great. i'm actually flying to la tomorrow, i have a gig there" she shared with a smile on her face, always eager to talk about her craft she was so proud of.

"you're in montreal, right?" luke asked with a soft smile, wishing he could be with her to be able to see her smile.

"yeah, how did you know?" she asked with an audible smile which just made luke's bigger.

"jack told me" he said with a shrug, forgetting she wasn't able to see him.

"i came to visit cole for a few days" she said as mila came into her room and climbed into the bed, cuddling beside her and falling asleep.

"actually, lex. until when are you in la?" luke questioned, breaking the silence they had fallen into.

lexie frowned, confused at the sudden question as she tried to remember her very confusing schedule "i'll be there the whole week, i think"

"i think we have a game there in like three days" luke breathed out, the possible outcomes already exciting him.

"really?" she wondered, trying to keep her excitement at bay.

"yeah. do you think i could see you then?"

"i would like that, yeah"

"i'll see you in a couple days then"

"soon" she smiled.

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

imessage
( bear, bug )

bear
LEXIE
LEXIEEEE
ZIGGYYYY
LIL Z
BUGGGGG
MY FAVORITE AND ONLY SISTER
LEXXXZXZ

bug
what

bear
hey

bug
🧍🧍

bear
so i was talking w cole

bug
oh no

bear
did u talk w luke?

bug
yeah
just hunged up actually

bear
WHAT
how did it go?

bug
good
we're seeing each other next week in la

bear
wtf
since when
pls dont
last time...

bug
stop
i know
but i already broke THAT off

bear
sure lex
as much as i completely despise the idea of you having intercourse
we both know once u set ur eyes on him youre gonna jump his bones

bug
trevor
stop talking

bear
im just saying the truth!
i love u
but lets be honest 🤷

bug
as if ur any better
who do u think i learned from

bear
im taking no offense to that cause my amazing skills got me to bag the most beautiful girl

bug
i dont fucking know how she deals w u

bear
i'll take offense to that
anyway
just b careful yeah?
if he even raises his voice at u
just call me

bug
and what r u gonna do
hobble to la?

bear
no
i'll call his mom

bug
BYE💀

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱
luke is such a loser (i love him) also canucks just won game 1 and the need to write for linger is consuming me im dying

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 4.2K 68
We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weekend.
17.4K 405 26
Quinn and Mila started dating in 2016 and have lasted 4 years up to 2020 In 2020 they found out life changing news how will they Cope with their new...
187K 2.5K 50
❝𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 "𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶," 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 �...
273K 7K 68
𝗚𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗛 ! ✿⎯⎯ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 years of yearning and adoration for a certain boy finally turn exhausting. 𝐎𝐑 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 june bauer's...