The monkey's bride

By elleonrosk

In a village ruled by a chief who doted on his daughter, the young woman found herself stifled by her father'... More

Chapter 1: the chief's daughter
Chapter 3 : the cottage in the forest
Chapter 4: the Grand dream

Chapter 2: the battle by the entrance

7 0 0
By elleonrosk

As the first light of dawn painted the sky in hues of pink and gold, Lui, of the Fire Clan, stood before her father's grand hut, her heart pounding in her chest. The weight of a careless promise made to a mischievous monkey hung heavily on her shoulders, threatening to consume her with anxiety.

Lui had always been known for her fiery spirit and unwavering determination, but now, faced with the daunting task of confessing her folly to her father, her confidence wavered. The thought of admitting that she had promised to be the bride of a monkey filled her with a sense of dread and embarrassment. Furthermore, she had to go with her groom within three days.

The village around her bustled with the morning activities of her people, the sounds of laughter and chatter mingling with the rustle of the wind through the trees. There were cows and goat making their ways out to the field. But in Lui's ears, all she could hear was the echo of the monkey's playful laughter and the weight of her ill-considered words.

Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, Lui pushed open the door to her father's hut and entered the dimly lit interior. The Chief, a wise and formidable figure, sat at the center of the room, his hand was holding a smoking pipe. As he looked up at his daughter's troubled expression, concern flickered in his eyes.

"Father," Lui began, her voice barely above a whisper, "I have something to tell you, something I deeply regret." Her words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of her confession.

The Chief regarded her with a steady gaze, his expression unreadable. "Speak, my daughter. What troubles your heart?"

Summoning her courage, Lui recounted the events of the previous day, the challenge that she accepted, the mangoes that she brought home as a valuable item, and the foolish promise she had made in jest. She watched as her father's brows furrowed in confusion.

"You promised to be the bride to a monkey?" the Chief asked, a hint of anger and amused in his voice, thinking that this was all a prank that his daughter might pull.

Lui nodded, her cheeks burning with embarrassment and fear. "I know it was foolish, Father, but I must honor my word. I fear the consequences of breaking such a promise."

"Lui," the chief's voice was a low growl, the flames of anger flickering in his eyes. "You have traded your future, your honor, for a meager basket of mangoes?"

The Chief's expression became stern as he asked his question. He thought his daughter was playing a joke with him at first, but hearing her explanation, he became furious. If his precious daughter had to marry a monkey from the jungle.  He would die of shame. After all that he been through, protecting her from all these unwanted suitors, this wasn't the ideal marriage he had for her. 

Lui could see the changing aura in his eyes. She raised her head slowly, her heart pounding in her chest. She had never seen her father so enraged, his usually kind eyes now blazing with fury.

Lui looked up, her expression a mix of defiance and sorrow. "Father, I—" but the chief held up his hand stopping her from speaking more.  

"Do not speak!" Chief of Fire voice thundered through the room, shaking the very foundation of their home. "You have brought shame upon our clan if you betrothed yourself to a monkey. Shame upon our lineage. How could you betray our traditions in such a manner?"

The weight of her father's disappointment bore down on Lui like a heavy burden. She had thought the trade simple, a way to prove her independence and wit. But now, facing the wrath of her father, she realized the gravity of her actions.

"I did not mean to dishonor you, Father," Lui's voice was barely a whisper, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. "I couldn't come home with empty hand as you demanded. Father, I wanted to prove my capability. I'm sorry."

The Chief features softened slightly, but the flames of his anger still burned bright. "You have not only dishonored yourself, Lui, but you have also dishonored our ancestors and the legacy of our clan. Marriage is not a trivial matter to be bartered away for fruits. You tried so hard to prove your capabilities, but your brought shame to our whole clan."

Lui's heart ached with regret as she hung her head in shame, the weight of her mistake heavy upon her shoulders. She knew that she had crossed a line that could not be easily erased.

"Father, I beg for your forgiveness," Lui whispered, her voice filled with remorse. "I will do whatever it takes to make amends and restore the honor of our clan. But I cannot unfulfilled the promise I already make. In three days, the monkey will come for me."

The Chief gaze softened. "It will take more than words to amend the honor of our clan Lui, but I say this to you now, that monkey won't be able to take my daughter away. I promise you! This unification is never allow to begin with. It's the law of the universe."

Lui nodded silently, her heart heavy with remorse as she left her father's chamber, knowing that she had much to atone for and a long road to redemption ahead.

The Chief paced back and forth in his hut, a storm of conflicting emotions raging within him. His daughter had come to him with news that shook him to his core – she had been betrothed to a monkey against her will. The very thought of his beloved daughter being tied in matrimony to a creature of the forest filled him with a primal fury that threatened to consume him.

Gathering his most trusted warriors and advisors, the Chief outlined his plan to rid his daughter of this unwanted son-in-law. The fire in his eyes burned bright as he spoke of the disgrace that had befallen their family and the urgency of the situation. The warriors nodded in silent agreement, their loyalty to their chief unwavering in the face of this grave injustice.

As the dawn rose on the third day, the sounds of the jungle hummed with an ominous energy as the Chief and his warriors set out on their mission by surrounding the village with armed men. The air was thick with tension and anticipation, the rising sun guided their movements as they crept around the village, they would not let a single ant come in or out of the village's entrance.

The chief's heart pounded in his chest, a mixture of fear and determination coursing through his veins. He would not rest until his daughter was free from this unholy union, his resolve as unyielding as the roots of the ancient banyan tree.

Finally, the moment they had been waiting for came. In the far distant, the trees rustled as the monkey swing from tree to tree. The chief gazed hard and realized that it was the unholy monkey who was coming for his daughter. Finally, the monkey stood before them at the entrance. The monkey realized that there's an obstacle to his promise bride. It seemed that the chief did not approve of this union.

The air was thick with tension as a group of men, armed with spears and machetes, stood in Dam Kra's path. Suddenly, their voices raised in laughter and mockery as they discussed the unthinkable union between a monkey and the chief's daughter.

"Can you believe it?" one man scoffed, his voice laced with derision. "A lowly creature of the forest thinking he can marry a human princess. It's preposterous!"

The others nodded in agreement, their laughter ringing through the morning air like a cruel symphony. They clutched their weapons and exchanged knowing glances, reveling in the absurdity of the situation and the sheer gall of the monkey.

"An animal like him has no place in the realm of humans," another man chimed in, his tone filled with contempt. "He should know his place and stay in the trees where he belongs. To think he could ever be worthy of the chief's daughter is laughable."

The men's words were like barbs, piercing the air with their sharpness and disdain. They spoke of tradition and hierarchy, of the divide between man and beast that could never be crossed. However, Dam Kra already made his decision. Their mockery didn't even bother him one bit. He was stubborn like a water buffalo.

As the sun glaze and the day wore on, the men's laughter grew louder and more boisterous, their words dripping with scorn and ridicule. The chief finally stepped forward and stood in front of the monkey with a mockery expression.

A tense and charged atmosphere hung heavy in the air as the chief, a stern and imposing figure, faced the defiant monkey. The beam light of the sun cast eerie shadows on the ground, emphasizing the gravity of the situation at hand.

The chief's voice was cold and unyielding as he addressed Dam Kra, his eyes flashing with disapproval and anger. "You dare to come before me, a lowly creature of the forest, and demand to marry my daughter?" he thundered, his voice echoing through the space.

Dam Kra, standing as tall as he could and proud despite the chief's harsh words, met the older man's gaze with a steely determination in his eyes. His gray fur bristled with defiance, his stance unwavering as he prepared to plead his case.

"Chief, I understand your concerns and your traditions," he began, his voice calm and measured. "But your daughter and I shared a promise that we must proceed."

The Chief found himself in a state of utter disbelief as he stood face to face with a talking monkey. His initial reaction was that of sheer shock, unable to fathom the reality unfolding before his eyes. But he realized this event was becoming real.

The chief's expression tightened slightly, a flicker of doubt crossing his features as he listened to the monkey's impassioned words. He knew that the monkey spoke the truth, that a promise must be kept even between different creatures. Even between a monkey and his human daughter could not be denied.

"And yet," the chief replied, his voice tinged with refusal, "the laws of our people are clear. A human and a monkey cannot be joined in matrimony. It is unheard of, unnatural, and cannot come to pass."

Dam Kra's resolve hardened at the chief's words, his determination burning bright in his eyes. "I understand your position, Chief," he said, his voice unwavering. "But I cannot turn away from the woman I promise to bring back to my home. I must take her away, no matter the cost."

The chief's eyes narrowed, and stepped back. Finally, he spoke his mind, "then today, one of us will see the sight of blood."

"Ok..." the monkey agreed with the flow showing no fear.

Dam Kra's eyes blazed with a fierce determination as he watched the chief's man lunged forward with his spear, the monkey deftly dodged the attack, his reflexes lightning-fast and his movements fluid and precise. With a powerful swipe of his arm, he knocked the weapon from the man's grasp, sending it clattering to the ground.

With his sleek fur glistening in the dappled sunlight filtering through the canopy above, crouched low to the ground, his muscles coiled like springs ready to pounce. He smiled making the chief and his men furious. They underestimated the little monkey.

One by one, the men attempted to stop Dam Kra, but each time he proved to be a formidable opponent, using his superior strength and agility to outmaneuver and overpower them, evading the warriors every strike with a grace and finesse that belied his wild nature.

With a primal roar, the chief lunged forward, swinging his staff with all his might in an attempt to strike Dam Kra down. But the monkey was too quick, darting and weaving through the air with acrobatic agility, dodging the blows with effortless ease.

In response, Dam Kra launched a swift counterattack, his claws slashing through the air with deadly precision. The chief grunted in pain as the sharp claws grazed his arm, drawing blood in their wake. But the older man gritted his teeth and fought on, his determination fueling his every move as he sought to subdue his nimble adversary.

As the fight reached its climax, the chief and Dam Kra locked eyes once more, their breath coming in ragged gasps as they circled each other warily. In a final, desperate move, the chief lunged forward with all his might, aiming to deliver a decisive blow that would end the battle once and for all.

But the monkey, with a swift and fluid motion, leaped high into the air, somersaulting over the chief's head with a grace that took the older man by surprise. And in that moment of vulnerability, Dam Kra struck, landing a powerful blow that sent the chief crashing to the ground, defeated but not broken.

As the dust settled and the village fell silent once more, the chief lay on the floor, his chest heaving with exertion and his pride wounded by the defeat at the hands of the unholy monkey. Dam Kra stepped back and watched from a safe distance, a sense of respect and admiration shone in his eyes for the older man who had proven himself a worthy opponent in their fierce and unforgettable battle.

Lui, watching from a safe distance, following her father's order, felt a mix of fear and awe as she witnessed Dam Kra displayed of power and determination. She never knew that the little monkey possessed such a strength and resilience. Seeing him in action, defending her promise with such tenacity, filled her with a sense of pride and admiration. But at the same time feared for her father's life. Witnessing her father falling, she ran toward them.

"Stop!" She yelled. She ran to her father side and helped him sat up. "Father, I promised I will not bring our clan down. Let me fulfill my promise."

The chief stayed silent.

Dam Kra finally reached his bride. His gaze softening as he looked at her. The girl then turned to the monkey with unshed tears. "I'll follow you wherever you go as long as you don't hurt them." She declared.

The monkey nodded and grabbed her hand.

"Ok, let's go!" He said playfully and pulled her away from the crowds. Lui didn't even have the time to pack for anything as she was dragged away from the village.

The chief looked at them in defeat, all he wanted was for his daughter to marry a hero. Perhaps he was too picky for her, in the end, she had to wed a monkey. Thinking of this unfortunate event, he bursted into tears loudly like a child who lost his game.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298 47 15
"I would rather stay with an enemy than let my heart wither away as the distance between us lengthens," he told her. Wangui, a beautiful product of...
7K 275 32
A servant's daughter befriends the prince and finds an unlikely friendship. One that would be greatly scrutinized. Pushed and pulled, the prince has...
6 0 5
In a world where monsters and humans co-exist alot can go wrong but alot can also go right. Not all monsters are bad and not all monsters are good. T...