Sun kissed - Apollo.

Od Hades_Mythdaughter

Percy Jackson may be the big hero of the story, but his younger twin, Daphne Jackson, managed to attract the... Viac

Disclaimer!
Act one: the Lightning thief!
1: Percy pulverises Mrs Dodds.
2: rooftop conversation with an angel.
3: three adorable old ladies knit.
4: Grover unexpectedly loses his pants.
5: Our mother teaches Percy bullfighting.
6: i awake before my other half.
7: we play pinocle with a horse.
8: water ballet in the bathroom.
9: my dinner goes up in smoke.
10: early morning chats with a goddess.
11: I become Katara.
12: we capture the flag.
13: Apologies, Sun gods and fathers.
14: we're offered a quest.
15: Percy ruins a perfectly good bus.
16: my dad's ex sells garden gnomes.

Introduction.

2.5K 64 2
Od Hades_Mythdaughter

Daphne Iris Jackson, she's the young twin of Perseus Jackson. Although, they are twins, sadly enough, they don't share the same birthdate. Percy Jackson was born an hour before midnight on the 18th of august and Daphne, twenty minutes after midnight on the 19th of august. Percy always likes to brag he's a day older than her, which in reality is just an hour and twenty minutes.

Daphne is named after the both the flower Daphne, meaning sweetness, honesty, love, and innocence. But also after a Naiad-nymph of the river Ladon of Arkadia or the Peneios (Peneus) in Thessalia.

Her mother came with the name Daphne because the Naiad-nymph was associated with fountains, wells, springs, streams, brooks and other bodies of freshwater. Maybe not the saltwater that her father is from but it did show a certain oath to water.

Her middle name, Iris, poseidon only knows why Daphne got a middle name and Percy not. But crazy enough, she did get a second name, maybe it had something to do with the fact that Daphne only moved if Sally had laid her hand on her stomach or talked to her directly, While Percy moved when he pleased. As if Daphne only moved when she was given a message.

Personality:

Daphne can't be more different than her troublemaking brother, Percy. She's a very well behaved twelve year old, beside the heavy dyslexia and ADHD, she can sit still for hours upon end with a book under her nose or dance around the room longer then any other ADHD kid can.

She's not gifted at music but she loves to listen to everything and she would try every instrument in her music classes, she sucks at all of them but it wouldn't stop her from using them.

When she was born, she was a very quiet kid and very easygoing, while her brother was wiggly and very loud. She didn't cry unless she was hungry, always awake and looking around her to see the world. While Percy liked to be loud, didn't like to sleep much either but wanted to go everywhere he could look.

As infants, Daphne babbled a lot and laughed most of the time. While Percy was slow at learning to move around and talk, Daphne learned quick but didn't move around as quickly or babbled as loud as Percy. The only thing she was loud about was the stereo that her mother owned and learned pretty quickly how to crank up the music, even going as far as learning how to turn it on.

When they reached toddlerhood, Percy did everything running and didn't do as their mother said, he didn't like to wear what she laid out, he rather ran around in his pyjamas. Daphne loved everything with horses on them, most pacifically, Pegasus's. Which she always called angel ponies. At that age, she was louder then she had been in her life before, she loved talking to her mother and always giggled.

Then Gabe Ugliano came into their life, the horribly smelling man that their mother married, the first five seconds he had looked nice. But he soon turned out to be a bully and is always mean to Percy and Daphne. The girl being as kind hearted as Cinderella, as compassionate and intelligent as Belle and as innocent and naive as Snow white.

Forced into submission by her stepfather, to not make a sound or bother him. Daphne obeys his rule without a fuss or a fight, while Percy defends the two of them alone. But Gabe shouldn't think that she wouldn't pick her brother, even if he's in the wrong when the two males fight.

She's a very small and silent girl, Gabe could be blamed for it, who didn't allow the poor girl to snack much or say much. She may be as dyslexic as her brother, with words flying off the pages. She learned to read books, learned how to despite the flying letters. It took some practice but she could read fairly well.

There had been many, many schools that Percy and Daphne had attended and gotten expelled from. It was most of the time not their fault, weird things just happen around them. While Daphne always tried to stay out of trouble and half of the time managed to do so. She would always back up Percy when things went wrong.

Their mother doesn't understand why Daphne is always so silent and isn't as rebellious as her twin. Who can sit for long hours in one spot without getting irritated. While Percy is well aware of what it is, she's affected by Gabe. Her kindness is her strength and yet, maybe not.

Would History repeat itself?

But History says that once Apollo, the god of light and poetry, found Eros, who is nowadays known as Cupid, dealing with his bows and arrows. Eros was using bows to struck people into love. Apollo had just won Python, a horrible earth-dragon that was living in the area of Delphi, and had got so arrogant from his victory that he abruptly told Eros to leave war-like weapons to mighty gods like him and stick to his own pastimes, devaluing his duty to inflate love and passion to others.

This infuriated the headstrong Eros who decided to take his revenge on the audacious Apollo. Eros climbed on a rock of Mt Parnassus and unleashed two arrows: one sharp and gold-tipped and another blunt and lead-tipped. The sharp, gold-tipped arrow pierced the heart of Apollo inflaming his love for Daphne, a beautiful nymph, daughter of the river god Peneus, while the blunt, lead-tipped arrow struck the nymph creating an intense aversion for love in the her heart.

She was constantly rejecting the love of the glorious Apollo, despite his repeated pleadings and cajoleries. She similarly detested all the other men who were trying to get her.

Apollo was persistently pursuing Daphne. The poor girl, in order to escape from him and to protect his virginity, pleaded for help from her father, Peneus, who drew back to Daphne's prayers and transformed the nymph into a nice short plant with excellent smell.

This plant was the laurel, which is called "daphne" is Greek, after the nymph's name. Apollo was heart-broken at the loss of Daphne and to remember her for ever, he made the laurel the symbol of tribute to poets. The laurel became therefore the symbol of the god.

this book will be five parts long. i will post all the five books within this book, i will split them up in five acts.

Act one: The Lightning thief: currently updating.

Act two: The Sea of Monsters.

Act three: The Titan's Curse.

Act four: The Battle of the Labyrinth.

Act five: The Last Olympian.

🔱🏹🔱🏹🔱🏹🔱🏹🔱

(A/n) this is an Apollo x reader story, got inspired to write this story. And couldn't find much stories with apollo. So here is my version.

Also important, it's following the books and not the series but the story begins in 2023.

so please enjoy the story!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

11.5K 725 16
❝ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍, 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑, 𝘚𝘛𝘐𝘓𝘓 𝘊𝘙𝘈𝘝𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙 𝘒𝘐𝘚𝘚 ❞ Icarus Ardor Bellerose; the un...
71.4K 2.7K 30
❝ come on, come on, don't leave me like this i thought i had you figured out ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 two demigods, both forbidden in many different ways, f...
57.9K 952 24
Percy Jackson is back, and after spending two months back on Olympus, everything goes wrong down at Camp. His new friend goes missing, Annabeth is up...
3.1K 119 8
[percy jackson x oc] [the lightning thief - the last olympian] [THIS STORY FOLLOWS THE BOOKS, NOT THE DISNEY+ SHOW OR MOVIES] 𝗔 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄�...