Mafia's collateral (M Book2)

By Chick_ennugget

Seraphina Allen has been struggling through life, trying to make ends meet. But the more she lives, the more... More

Crashing Down
Into the waves
Collateral
Art work
Cold bastard
The pain in me
What to think of it all?
Trouble is never far
A Job
Lux
Unknown fear
Exposed
Scar
The feeling of shame
Blood
The pain of my wolf
A softer side
Burning apartment
Trust your guts
Unconscious
Stolen Item
The shadow at the window
The kid shouldn't be isolated
Special Event
Serve
'Beautiful'
His Broad Back
The heartthrob
Kindergarten problem
Brother figure
Of all the thing that could happen
Special service
Gut feeling
First Attack
One save
Reminder of what he is
Think again
Between rogues
Between rogues-Fight
Am I a pervert?
Bringing her back
Clean up
RUT
Crushed hope
Broken Heart
Broken Mind
Nothing but despair
My wolf
Can I say it?
Only Hope
Big things
How to seduce?
I think it might work
Something sweet
Secret helpers
Marriage?
Be Assertive
Banshee
Missing Door
The surprise
Confess
A little bit of suspicion
The picture
He's gone
Feeling lost
Interrogation
Bad Decisions
Run
Let's make a deal
Looming Threats
He was using me
Rescue Mission
Into the sea
Escape
Talk it out
Find the sister
His past
Pleasant days
The death of my first love
The Ghost of Sarina
The Death of A Demon
Preparation
War
Hostage
The Handover
The peace I always wanted

His place

689 35 16
By Chick_ennugget

>>Seraphina

"Wait, wait!" I stopped Azef as he was leaving and he paused to look back at me, "We can't impose on you," I felt like that would be very shameless of us.

Not only did we destroy his apartment which is gonna cost him a lot to repair, he also paid for the hospital bill. Now going to live with him sounds very selfish. I looked down in shame. I know we have nowhere else to go but still, I do not wish to become a burden to someone.

"You won't be imposing," Azef stared at me, "I need to keep you close because we still need to catch your father,"

!!!

"Oh, yes..."

Right, there was that too. Of course, he wouldn't just offer his place to us just to keep us safe. It's for himself but his words made me feel better.

Azef started walking again, "Hurry up," He gestured to us to follow him, "The weather is getting bad."

!?

I had not noticed it was getting bad till he said it. And that's when I turned to look out the window and saw that dark clouds had assembled in the sky.

Woah,

Looks like it's going to rain heavily. I turned and picked Eris up in my arms and then walked out. It might even turn into a thunderstorm. I can see the lightning gathering among the clouds.

***

I put Eris in the backseat since she fell asleep, the doctor had given her an injection that got her drowsy and she was out a few moments after I picked her up in my arms. After laying her down in the back, I came and sat down in the passenger seat, closed the door and looked forward.

Azef waited for a moment, then looked at me, "Seatbelt"

"Oh!" I can't believe I forgot again, "Right," I tucked it in and he started the car. By the time we reached his house, it had started raining. But the good thing was that his garage was covered.

He guided me inside and gave me a room on the second floor, "This is the only free room." He stood outside the room as he opened the door for us, "But no one else will be here but us," Thunder rumbled in the sky pretty loudly.

"Okay," I nodded and walked into the room.

"If you want to ask anything, you can come down." He said and then started walking away.

"Okay," I didn't get to thank him as he was pretty fast about leaving us. Still, I put Eris to bed and sat down at the corner to look around the room. It was pretty empty, I guess it was an unused room but it was elegant and neat. There was a bedroom, a dressing drawer and a closet with an attached bathroom.

I let out a sigh.

Being rich sure is nice

I looked back at Eris. If it wasn't for Azef, we wouldn't be here... I stood up. I should go and thank him properly. I'm not really in a place to be thanking people, but still, my house was sold by the debt collectors, there's no sign of my father, and all of my things have burned down as well.

Having a nice place to stay is something I'm really thankful for

I got out of the room as lightning struck the sky. The purple light illuminated the insides too even though the house was lit.

I hope Eris doesn't wake up, she gets frightened easily.

I descended the stairs as I peeked down at the lounge where I was hoping to see Azef but didn't find him there.

Hmm, maybe he's in his room. I kept going down, when lightning struck again, followed by the sound of something blasting which made my heart jump and right after, the electricity went out

!?!?!

Total darkness took over, Leaving me disoriented and vulnerable. Panic surges within me as I fumble for the railing, my fingers grasping desperately for support in the sudden void of light.

Oh! God!

Is today a bad omen or something?! Bad things keep happening.

I strained my eyes in a futile attempt to pierce through the blackness, but all I saw was an endless abyss stretching out before me. That didn't stop me from going down though, I was already in the middle, I couldn't just stand there like a statue, so I chose to go down when it happened

A misstep,

A moment of imbalance that sent me careening forward with alarming speed. My foot caught on the edge of a step, and I felt myself hurtling downward, unable to stop the inevitable collision with the unforgiving ground below.

The impact sends a jolt of pain radiating through my body, my bones rattling with the force of the fall. I cried out in agony as I tumbled down the remaining stairs, each impact sending shockwaves of pain coursing through me.

Finally, mercifully, I came to a stop at the bottom of the staircase, my body a tangled mess. Tears stung my eyes as I lay there.

"Oww..." I groaned, cursing at myself when I heard the sound of hurried footsteps approaching from the other end of the house.

!!!

Hope flickers within me as I strained my ears,

"Hey!" I heard Azef's voice, his figure outlined in the faint glow filtering through the windows. With a sense of urgency in his stride, he rushed toward me, his concern etched deeply into the furrow of his brow. He came and crouched down next to me, "What the hell happened?!" There was a hint of anger in his voice.

He didn't wait for my reply and without hesitation, he gathered me into his arms, cradling me against his chest with a gentleness that took my breath away.

!?!?

I wasn't expecting him to carry me in his arms like that but he took me over to the couch. My lips just sealed themselves there when he carried me but as he sat me down I felt a surge of warmth flood through me because he sat me down there rather gently. I could tell he was being gentle with the way he put me down awfully slowly.

Which was strange, I should have been disgusted being carried like that yet it felt nice.

He crouched down on the floor near me and tried to examine me for injuries, "You're an idiot, aren't you?" The sternness in his voice made me feel small, "You should have stayed put if you couldn't see!", "You should have stayed put if you couldn't see!" He pulled my pants up to get a view of my calves.

It didn't feel like anything was broken, but I might have pulled a muscle 

I looked down in shame, "Sorry," I pursed my lips

"I don't need your apology," His voice was hard which got me to tense up in fear, "I despise people who keep getting in trouble." He raised his head to look at me and even though it was dark, I could still see his gray eyes glaring at me, "And you're on top of that list."

I bit my lower lip, "I'm sorry, I-" I actually did not have an excuse to present to him. I had been causing trouble since the moment I met him. I have been an absolute clown and have made things worse.

There's nothing I can do properly...

"Sir, I'll be more careful-"

"Shut it," He growled at me, making me zip my lips in fear, "You are already getting on my nerves with what you keep doing!"

My heart fell at his words when suddenly, a deep, guttural cough rips through his chest, breaking the tense silence of the room.

I froze, my heart skipping a beat at the sound, my concern shifting from my own pain to his well-being. Azef tried to suppress the cough, but it persisted, each hacking cough more violent than the last.

With a sense of urgency, he got up and rushed to the bathroom, his footsteps echoing in the darkness. I strained my ears, listening intently for any sign of his return, but all I hear is the muffled sound of his coughs drifting from the other room.

I don't know why, but it sounded like something serious...

Minutes pass like hours, the darkness weighed heavily on me as I waited anxiously for Azef to return. That's when lightning struck again and through the window, the lounge was illuminated.

It was a split second view but I noticed it immediately. The few red drops on the floor where Azef was sitting.

Wait, my heart beat rose

Is that blood?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154 9 4
Humans and Vampires. Two completely different entities. When their worlds suddenly collide, chaos and calamity are all that follows. Especially for A...
63.5K 845 19
Christina accidentally spills a powerful love potion on Kevin. The real problem is, because of what she did a dangerous yellow eyed Witch now wants b...
336K 14.9K 12
[Book Two] After surviving and ending the torment Riley faced for a year, he goes back to his regular life. As much as he tries to forget Hart, the m...
451K 13.8K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...