What If Sonic was in My Hero...

By SuperScourge161

The continuation of my Sonic X MHA crossover story. If you haven't read any of the previous volumes, I highly... More

Episode 60: Escape the Imperial Egg Tower
Episode 61: The Prophecy
Episode 62: 1A vs 1B
Episode 64: Only Scars Remain
Episode 65: Ruby Delusions
Episode 66: Into the Void

Episode 63: The Iblis Trigger

542 19 15
By SuperScourge161

LET'S CATCH YOU UP TO SPEED...

"I'm Sonic, the world's fastest hedgehog! I live in a world where most people have superpowers called quirks! Last time, my class faced off against our rival class, 1-B in a training exercise. Our team was winning when my pal Deku suddenly unlocked some crazy new power called Black Whip. I managed to get him back under control, but now Eggman's shown up again, which means it's time to chase him down and take him out!"

The episode begins as Sonic speeds towards the Mystic Jungle, following the coordinates Rouge sent him, as well as Eggman in the Egg Mobile. Deku and Bakugou are trailing behind him. Eggman turns around to see Sonic is tailing him.

Eggman: Rgh! Not you!!!

Sonic: You can't lose me Egghead!!!

Dr. Eggman: Egg MAN! You know my name is Dr. Eggman! You do that on purpose!

Sonic: Do what, Egghead?

Eggman growls and speeds up as Sonic boosts forward after him. Deku and Bakugou speed up as well, trying to keep up with the Hedgehog.

Deku: What would make Eggman just up and retreat like that? It doesn't make sense.

Bakugou: Don't know, don't care. Let's just find the asshole and crush him!

Deku: Try not to get kidnapped again, Kacchan.

Deku smirks as he speeds up, running and parkouring, trying to use his new Black Whip powers to move forward.

Bakugou: Rgh! You get caught off guard ONE TIME!

Bakugou burst forward as well, using his explosions to propel him.

In the distance behind them, Silver and Blaze can also be seen trailing after them.

Blaze: Silver! Slow down, will ya?

Silver: There's no time! We've gotta get to Sonic no matter what!

Blaze: Would you at least fill me in on what's going on?

Silver: That guy who saved me back in Sunset Heights, he said he was sent back from the future to warn me of a coming disaster. The only way to prevent it from happening is to get to Sonic before he reaches Eggman!

Blaze: And you just believed him?!

Silver: You know what I've been seeing in my visions, Blaze. Sonic was always at the center of everything. He's the Iblis Trigger!

Just then, the two of them finally enter the Mystic Jungle. It's dark and filled with large trees and plants, making it nearly impossible to navigate.

Blaze: Well we're never gonna be able to find him in here. I could use my flames to clear the way, but I might set the jungle on fire.

Silver: Hold on, let me try something...

Silver closes his eyes as his quills flare up and he's surrounded with a bright teal aura. From his mind, he sends out a small shockwave that flows across the entire jungle. Just then, Silver picks up on something moving fast up ahead. Silver has just used the Psycho-Sense technique.

Silver: Got him! Follow me!

Silver takes off, boosting through the trees, while Blazes follows him, trying to get to higher ground.

Music Insert:

Meanwhile, Sonic keeps running through the jungle until he reaches a clearing. Just then, a giant dinosaur Badnik crash lands before him and lets out a loud roar. Dr. Eggman hovers over the robot in the Egg Mobile.

Dr. Eggman: Hohohoho! Meet my latest creation, Sonic. The Egg-Rex!

Sonic: Woah! That's a big fella!

Dr. Eggman: I don't have time for you now, Hedgehog, so I'll let my little friend toy with you in the meantime. Hasta la bye-bye, suckers!

With that, Eggman rockets away as Deku and Bakugou arrive by Sonic's side.

Deku: WOAH! What's that thing?!

Sonic: It's about to be pre-history!

Bakugou pounds his fist into his hand, making a small explosion.

Bakugou: I got first dibs!

Bakugou ignites his hands and propels himself forward toward the Egg Rex, but gets whipped away by its massive tail.

Sonic: Only one chance for a first impression, Blasty!

Sonic revs his leg up into a figure 8 and takes off toward the Egg-Rex, dodging its massive jaws and tail attacks. He leaps up onto the dino's back, before running up to its head and slamming down on the super badnik with a stomp attack, sending it crashing into the ground. Deku uses the opportunity to try and restrain the Egg-Rex with Black Whip.

Deku: Please don't go outta control, please don't go outta control!

Deku whips his hand forward, unleashing several black tendrils from his hand, as they wrap around the Egg-Rex's jaws.

Deku: Ha! I did it! I did-! WOAH!!!

The Egg-Rex gets back up and starts swinging Deku around violently, trying to release his hold on it.

Deku: Stand still ya crazy lizard!

Deku outstreches his other arm and fires Black Whip at a nearby tree to try and restrain the robot but the tendrils begin to go out of control again, attacking Sonic.

Sonic: Hey! Watch where you're swingin' Killer!

Deku: Ngh! NO! NOT SONIC, THE DINOSAUR! GO FOR THE DINOSAUR!!!

Deku tries to get the tendrils under control or shut them off as he slaps his wrist, making them retract, as he hits the ground.

Deku: Ugh... so not liking this new power...

Sonic revs up into a ball and hits the robot with several homing attacks, doing minimal damage as he's whipped into a tree by it's tail.

Sonic: Ngh! Yo Blasty! Gimme a hand! I'll go high, you go low!

Sonic takes off towards the Egg-Rex as Bakugou watches the two of them fight the robot.

"Okay, Katsuki; you've got two choices. You can A) do what the rat says and give up your pride or B) say fuck 'em and take that thing down yourself..."

Bakugou continues watching the fight for a second, seeing the Egg-Rex distracted by Sonic and Deku, leaving his legs and tail wide open. He then sees a glowing red panel on the Egg-Rex's underbelly and gets an idea.

Bakugou: *sigh* Can't believe I'm about to do this.

Bakugou quickly rushes for the Egg-Rex's legs, clinging to them and hitting them with an explosion that knocks the dino over as it lets out another roar. Bakugou smiles, feeling proud of himself for having knocked the robot down, but then quickly dodges as the Egg-Rex chomps at him with its massive jaws.

The trio regroups in front of the Dino as it struggles to get back up.

Deku: This is one tough Super Badnik!

Sonic: And we don't have time to mess around with Rexy. Eggman's gettin' away!

Bakugou: Look there, on it's stomach! There's a weak spot!

Sonic: Sure, but we're gonna need that thing to stand still to do any real damage.

Bakugou: Deku, you remember that old sci-fi movie, Empire Strikes back?

Deku: You're brining this up now?!

Just then, the Egg-Rex gets back on it's feet and starts charging at them. As they dodge out of the way.

Bakugou: Remember the part- *dodge* -where they're fighting the walker mechs- *dodge* - and they use a cable to tie 'em up?!

Sonic: *dodge* I think Blasty's onto something!

Deku: I dunno, I haven't gotten total control over it yet! I could end up attacking you guys!

Bakugou: We don't got much choice! Sonic and I'll keep him busy while you set up a trap! Go!

Sonic: D-Did you just call me "Sonic?"

At that moment, the three of them break as Bakugou and Sonic speed around the robot to keep it occupied. Bakugou hits the Egg-Rex with rapid AP shots, while Sonic uses his Blue Tornado attack to chip away at the robot and keep it busy.

Sonic: Catch me if you can, Rexy!

Deku leaps up to a nearby tree, mentally preparing himself.

Deku: *sigh* Okay, okay. We don't wanna hurt Sonic or Bakugou. Aim for the T-Rex. Aim for the T-Rex. PLEASE aim for the T-Rex!

Deku unleashes black whip once more as the tendrils shoot toward the Egg-Rex's leg, wrapping around it.

Deku: Ha! I did it that time!

The Egg-Rex roars as it tries to snap at Sonic and Bakugou, while Deku swings and bounces around, trying to use his Black Whip. He's slowly getting the hang of swinging with it.

Deku: WOOOOO!!!

Deku begins hopping and swinging around trees and the Egg-Rex's legs with Black Whip, typing up the robot's legs and setting up the trap. Deku keeps winding up his tendrils until finally leaping behind the Dino and pulling hard on the black whip, restraining the super badnik.

Deku: Ngh! I got him! Take it out now!

Bakugou: Sonic!

Sonic looks over to Bakugou as he prepares his gauntlet. Sonic just smirks at him, as he hops in the cannon and starts spinning.

Bakugou: You ready?!

Sonic: Blast away!

Bakugou squints, trying to aim directly at the weak spot. He then plants his feet and pulls the pin, firing Sonic like a massive burning cannonball. Sonic spins faster and faster, before landing a direct hit on the Egg Rex's weak spot, and spinning through it's core, causing the super Badnik to explode.

Deku and Bakugou shield themselves from the explosion as Sonic lands atop the scrap metal.

Sonic: Phew! Sorry Rexy, but there's a new king in town!

Just then, Bakugou and Deku run up to the Hedgehog.

Sonic: Not bad, Blasty.

Bakugou: Yeah, yeah. Don't mention it. Seriously. Don't.

Just then, their victory is cut short, when Sonic begins glowing and hovering in the air.

Sonic: What the-?! WAH!!!

Sonic is then slammed into a nearby tree, hard.

Deku: Sonic!

"I've been looking for you."

Sonic looks up to see none other than Silver standing before him.

Sonic: Heh, hey Silver. Long time no see. Sorry, pal but you just missed the fight.

Silver doesn't respond, gritting his teeth and lifting Sonic with his psychokinesis, and slamming him into the ground once more!

Sonic: Oof! Hey, what gives, man?!

Silver: You're the Iblis Trigger. Your actions will doom us all!

Sonic: Ngh, what're you talkin' about?!

Silver: You should know, TRAITOR!!!

Silver waves his hand and fires a Psychic Knife at Sonic, who quickly dodges out of the way, as several trees are sliced in half.

Sonic: Woah!

Sonic then turns his attention to the Hedgehog, getting ready to duke it out.

Silver: I'm finishing this now, Sonic!

Sonic: If you wanted another round with me, all you had to do was ask!

Music Insert:

The two hedgehogs glare at each other for a moment, before rushing at each other and clashing at high speeds. In the time after their battle at the sports festival, Silver had done a significant amount of training, both with his strength, speed, and psychokinesis. At this point, he was now in the top 3 students in his class.

Silver: Get back here, Iblis Trigger!

The two of them race across the jungle, boosting as fast as they can. Silver keeps firing psychic energy blasts at Sonic who does what he can to evade the attacks. Sonic runs up a nearby tree before flipping off of it and landing several homing attacks on Silver. He tries to block the attack, before exploding with psychic energy.

Silver: ENOUGH!!!

Sonic is blown back onto the ground, as Silver throws fallen trees and debris at the Hedgehog. Sonic dodges or knocks away most of the projectiles but is tackled by Silver as the two of them boost through the jungle, tearing down tree after tree. Sonic struggles to break free, before kicking himself off of Silver and taking off again as he hits the ground.

Sonic: What's your deal man?! What did I do to you?!

Silver: It's not about what you did, it's about what you're going to do!

Sonic: You mean stopping Eggman?

Silver: Is that what you told Midoriya and Bakugou?!

Silver then fires another psychic knife at Sonic that he leaps over at the last minute, before retaliating with a swift Sonic Wind attack that knocks Silver out of the air.

Sonic: Look, I have no idea what you're talking about! What did I do to tick you off so much?

Sonic revs up another spindash and speeds towards Silver, but the Hedgehog catches him, near inches from his face, before launching him back through the trees. Sonic lands back in the clearing where their fight began as Silver hovers over him.

Silver: I saw it Sonic. I saw what happened. I know what you're planning!

Blaze: SILVER!!!

Just then, Blaze finally catches up with the two of them.

Sonic: Blaze?

Blaze: Silver what are you doing?!

Silver: I'm doing what I have to to save the world!

Blaze: But he's our friend!

Silver: He's a traitor!

Sonic: Traitor?!

Sonic then flips back up, dodging another psychic attack from Silver, and knocking him into a tree with another spin attack.

Sonic: *to Blaze* Care to tell me what's going on?

Just then, Sonic begins glowing as Silver picks him up and restrains him with his psychokinesis.

Sonic: Ngh!!!

Silver hovers toward Sonic, charging up psychic energy in his hand, ready to deal the finishing blow.

Blaze: Silver! Don't do it!

Silver: I'm sorry I have to do this, Sonic, but I don't have a choice. It's time to end this! HAAAA!!!

Silver charges up a psychic knife and fires it at Sonic when they hear a voice yell "CHAOS CONTROL!"

Time crawls to a stop as Shadow skates in and blocks the attack, before boosting into Silver and knocking him away with a roundhouse.

Silver: Oof!

Silver is knocked back and drops to the ground, releasing his grasp on Sonic. Sonic lands behind his rival.

Silver: Rgh. What?! W-Who are you?!

Shadow: I'm Shadow. Shadow the Hedgehog.

Sonic: Heh, impeccable timing as always faker.

Shadow: If you're fighting wasn't so sloppy, then maybe I wouldn't have had to intervene.

Silver: I don't have time to mess with you. This is between me and Sonic, so stay outta my way!

Shadow: Not gonna happen. You want Sonic? You're gonna have to go through me first.

Silver: Fine by me!

*Silver vs Shadow Fight, stop at 1:35*

Shadow keeps warping in and out of sight, making it impossible for Silver to land a hit. Shadow then warps in and hits Silver with a powerful roundhouse kick to the head, knocking him down.

Silver: Ah! Ugh... no... ngh..

Silver tries to get back up, but Shadow's roughed him up pretty badly. The black hedgehog stands over his fallen foe.

Shadow: Don't bother. With the power of Chaos Control, I command time and space. You can't break free.

Silver: Ngh... no! I won't give up! It all depends on me! I can't lose... not when I'm so close!

Blaze: Silver stop it, this is crazy!

Silver: But it's the only way to save the world!

Blaze: Just because some masked nut job told you Sonic ends the world doesn't make it true!

Silver: Zero said I was the one to do what had to be done! I've gotta do this!

Shadow: "Masked nut job..." What exactly did this guy look like?

Silver: Uh... white hair, black cloak, wore a white mask with big red eye. Why?

Shadow thinks back to the mysterious figure he fought back at White Acropolis.

Shadow: He's the same guy who attacked me and Rouge at Eggman's base.

Music Insert:

Zero: Well, it appears as if the jig is up.

All the heroes look up to see Zero, hovering over them with the gem now lodged in his chest.

Shadow: You!

Silver: Zero?

Zero: I must admit, Silver. I'm very disappointed in you.

Blaze: Leave my friend out of this!

Deku: What do you want?

Zero: Justice. *points toward Sonic* For all the people you killed by letting that fool Eggman live. You think you're a hero? You're just like all the rest.

Silver: What? You said Sonic was a traitor! That he's been plotting against us this whole time!

Zero: He may not be a traitor to you, but he's no hero to me, and that's why he needs to die.

Hearing how he was deceived and nearly killed his friend enrages Silver.

Silver: LIAR!!!

Zero then boosts towards Silver who barely dodges the attack, and boosts after him. As the two of them clash in the air, but Zero catches him off guard and smacks him away, sending him crashing into a nearby rock structure.

Zero: Seeing is believing.

Shadow grows angry and boosts towards Infinite at high speeds.

Shadow: VANISH!

Zero is undeterred and forms a red energy shield, before launching Shadow away.

Zero: Pitiful.

Shadow gets back up, but Sonic steps in.

Sonic: Tag out, Shadow. I've got this!

Zero: Well well, look who we have here. The little blue savior. But what's that I smell? You reek of fear. Glad to see I've left an impression.

Sonic: *smells himself* Eh, that's not fear. I've been running around the place. And you haven't left an impression. I don't know anything about you, not even your name!

Infinite: You may call me... Infinite... in the brief moments that remain to you.

Sonic: Oh great! Now we're getting to know each other, wanna go on the villain rant and brag about your "unstoppable" power source and how you'll conquer this world blah blah blah?

Infinite: The source of my power is none of your concern.

Sonic: Well if you won't tell me, I'll just have to beat it out of you myself!

Infinite: You're welcome to try!

Infinite then unleashes a blast of red energy that negates the gravity around him.

Sonic: Woah!

Silver: Sonic!

Sonic tries to find his foot, but Infinite charges at him, knocking the hedgehog into a rock structure.

Sonic: Ngh! Alright then. Here we go!

Sonic blasts off, spinning toward Infinite as he quickly dodges out of the way. Sonic doesn't let up, rushing at him with a flurry of spin attacks. Infinite dodges or blocks each one before countering with another energy blast.

Infinite: Enough!

He swipes his claws sending a wave of distorted energy at Sonic who barely dodges the attack. Infinite follows up, dashing at Sonic, grabbing him, and throwing him away before firing several energy spheres at the hedgehog. Sonic lands another rock structure and blasts off, countering the energy balls with a Sonic Storm attack. As the blasts collide, Sonic and Infinite boost into each other, before speeding around the jungle wildly.

Sonic: How is this guy keeping up with me?!

Sonic and Infinite keep boosting and fighting hand to hand. Sonic kicks him away and charges up a spindash, as lightning crackles around him. Sonic's eyes go blue and he smirks at Infinite.

Sonic: Ready... GO!!!

Sonic takes off, using a powerful lightspeed attack on the masked villain, overwhelming him with highspeed homing attacks, before finishing the combo with a Sonic Eagle. Infinite hits the ground, impressed by Sonic's strength.

Infinite: Impressive. You've exceeded your previous battle data.

Sonic: Heh, that's new to ya? I get stronger every second!

Infinite: I see. I'll teach you to hold that tongue of yours next we meet. You can count on it!

Sonic charges at Infinite but he fires an energy ball that acts as a flash grenade, blinding the hedgehog, before he hovers in the air and boosts away.

Sonic: Ah! Dangit! He's gettin' away!

Silver: And we still don't know what he's really planning.

Just then, Shadow gets a transmission from his communicator.

Rouge: *on coms* Shadow! Come in, are you there?

Shadow: I'm here, what's going on?

Rouge: *on coms* I've located the doctor. He's hopped on a freight train headed north. Looks like it's carrying parts for some new weapon. If you follow that, it should lead you to Eggman's base.

Shadow: Got it. Over and out.

Sonic: Well, looks like we've got a train to catch!

Shadow: You go, I'll track down Infinite.

Silver: I'm coming with you. I've got a score to settle with "Zero".

Blaze: Count me in too.

Sonic: Alright! Me, Blaze, and Deku'll follow that train, while the rest of you trail after Infinite.

Sonic gets ready to run when he turns to Shadow and smirks.

Sonic: Don't be late.

Shadow crosses his arms.

Shadow: Same to you.

Sonic nods, as he boosts away followed by Deku and Blaze. Silver takes off and Shadow gets ready to follow him when Bakugou stops him.

Shadow: Let's get moving.

Bakugou: Doesn't it bother you?

Shadow: What?

Bakugou: Him!

Bakugou points at Sonic.

Bakugou: He's always gotta find a way to show you up and steal the spotlight. You're supposed to be some kinda hedgehog super soldier, aren't you?

Shadow: Of course, it bothers me. I'm the Ultimate Lifeform. I was meant to be perfect by design. And that Hedgehog is annoyingly optimistic. But despite that... I have nothing but respect for him.

Shadow recounts their battle on the ARK, their battle against the Final Hazard, as well as when they teamed up against Metallix and his army.

Shadow: Our methods may differ, but at the end of the day, Sonic will do whatever he can to save everyone. He might even be stronger than I am...

Bakugou: And you're just... okay with that?

Shadow: It's our rivalry that pushes me to get stronger. I may never surpass him... but that all comes second when it comes to saving the world. I don't do what I do so I can prove I'm the best. I made a promise, and I intend to keep my word. That's all.

With that, Shadow walks forward, leaving Bakugou alone with his thoughts. 

The true villain has been revealed. Now it's the heroes against Infinite, but who is he? And why does he want to destroy Sonic and the doctor? 

In the meantime, please be sure to check out my other stories as well as my Instagram, @superscourge161, where you can find updates on this story and new Sonic content every day!

Thank you, and I'll see you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 80 27
When a demonstration of a new cutting-edge virtual reality machine goes horribly wrong, Alexandra Parker accidentally creates a link between two worl...
777 49 15
Chaos Energy possess both positive and negative quantities from within. When the negative becomes too overwhelmed, it is awakened from within, corru...
37K 829 11
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It's a green haired nutcase with the power of CARTOON LOGIC! Prepare for gags, shams, slams and 'Oh DAMN's when this...
16.9K 817 31
His last mission before he can fully retire from his criminal life is to steal the king's crown of Arkrenia. Regardless of what it takes, he will com...