#23 | Nathan Scott

By mooniebabyy

Allie Bazor is considered one of the it girls at Tree Hill High School, along with her two best friends, Broo... More

introduction
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two

chapter five

1.9K 51 0
By mooniebabyy

Allie was in her room doing homework when she heard a knock on her door. "Come in." She says and the door opens, revealing Lucas.

She got up from her bed and zipped her jacket up, "Luke, hey." "Hey, Ada let me in." She nods and moves her books closer to her pillows and pats her bed next to her. "What's up?"

"So, you and Nathan huh?" He asks her. She furrows her eyebrows and looks at him. "What are you talking about?"

"I uh, I saw you guys on the pier." He reveals and looks at her. "Oh it's nothing. I'm just-" She sighs and gets up away from him.

"What's going on Allie?" He asks and gets up. "Just promise me you won't get upset okay?" She says looking at him through her mirror.

He nods and Allie turns around to face him. "I'm tutoring Nathan in exchange for him leaving you alone."

His face falls before quickly recovering. "Um, why are you doing that? I mean for me?" He asks and sits back down.

"Because despite what people might think, I actually care about you and Haley. I feel like I'm more of a human being around you guys." She says and sits next to him on the bed, facing him.

"You don't even like the guy, Allie." He says to her. "I know but-" She sighs again before playing with her nails. "Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Dan stayed with Karen?" She looks up at him. He stammers a bit, "Uh, sometimes. When I was younger." He reveals.

"Well maybe it's a good thing he didn't choose your mom." She says and looks at him. "I don't understand. What are you talking about?" Lucas asks confusingly.

"I saw him after the last two games, Luke. I saw the way he treats Nathan." She sighs deeply. "He treats him like this perfectionist and if Nathan screws up Dan just abuses him, emotionally and mentally. It's sad to think about or even witness."

Lucas just nods his head and looks away. "I'm just saying, even if Nathan got Dan, maybe you had a better life you know?" She says, waiting for him to speak but he doesn't. He just wraps his arm around her shoulders and kisses the crown of her head.

-

"So you and Nathan are officially done huh?" She asks her blonde friend. "Yeah, I think last Friday just really solidified it for me. I'm just over it." She says and Allie wraps her arms around her. "

I'm sorry P." She says and lets go of her. "Don't be. I'm not." Peyton says and chuckles lightly. "I mean, we were bad together, you know? I just think, maybe this is for the best."

Allie nods her head, a soft "Yeah." escaping her lips. The two girls continued walking to cheer practice in silence.

-

"Peyton, you got the arms wrong." Brooke says and walks up to her. Peyton scoffs, "It's not brain surgery, Brooke." "Okay, what's with the attitude?" Brooke says, offended.

Allie looks between them with her brows scrunched. "What's with your life? Seriously, aren't you embarrassed that the most important thing in your world is some stupid cheer?"

"Okay girls, let's take a water break, okay?" Allie says and dismisses the remaining cheerleaders. "Brooke, Peyton-" "Look, I'm sorry that things didn't work out with you and Nathan, but don't go all Mariah on me, okay?" Brooke says, interrupting her.

"You think this is about Nathan? You're not even close! You're not even in the neighborhood of close!" Peyton says, raising her voice. Allie walks closer to them.

"Peyton." She says trying to calm Peyton down. "Okay, then what's wrong?" Brooke asks softly. "What's wrong is how pointless all of this is!" Peyton yells.

"Stop saying that!" Brook counters. "No, because it's true!" Peyton says, voice getting louder, causing the basketball players to look over at them. "Peyton, stop." Allie says to her and grabs her arm.

"What difference does it make if you sleep with a popular guy or you go to the right party? Or you know the moves to some moronic cheer to do at some lame-ass game I could care less about!" Peyton shoves her pom poms to Brooke and walks off.

Brooke looks at Allie shocked. She looks around and notices the basketball players staring at them. She glares at the basketball team and yells at them.

"Nothing to see here, go back and play your game!" She yells and grabs the pom poms from Brooke's arms. "Okay, practice's done for the day!" She yells, grabbing her and Brooke's bags. She grabs Brooke's arm and they walk out of the gym.

-

"So I don't know what happened but I need to talk to her." Allie says to Ada while she cuts up the fruit and plates them. "Maybe it's just too much for her, Allie." Ada says and places the glasses of water on the table. "I just want to make sure she's okay."

The doorbell rings, interrupting their conversation. "That's Nathan. I'll get it." She walks over to the door and opens it. "Hi, come in." She says to him, opening the door wider. He walks in and Allie closes the door behind him.

"You can set your stuff on the table, I'm just cutting up some fruits for us. It'll only take a minute." She says and goes back to cutting the watermelon. After finishing, she brings the plate of fruits over and sits down next to Nathan.

"Okay well first, you did better. But better means a D." She says and hands his paper back to him. "Yeah, I guess I didn't really give this one my best shot."

"What's going on with you, Nate?" She asks and pops a watermelon into her mouth. "Well, you know me and Peyton broke up." "Peyton and I." She corrects him.

"She broke up with you too?" He jokes and Allie scoffs. "I just- I didn't know she was gonna take it this hard." He says, grabbing a kiwi. "You're talking about what happened at practice." Allie says and he nods,

"I don't want to be rude but maybe it's not just you. Maybe she has a lot on her mind right now so you shouldn't let it affect you too much." She says and he scoffs. "You don't know the first thing about Peyton and I."

"Peyton and me." She corrects him again. "Whatever." He says. "Alright well if you're going to just take out your frustrations on me, we don't have to meet up this week." She says cleaning up the plates and pouring out the water in the glasses.

"I'm sorry, I'm just on edge. The 'Father-Son' game is this week and my dad's been coming down hard on me." He says and she turns to look at him. "Don't throw the fruits away please." He says and shows his puppy dog eyes.

Allie sighs and brings the plate back over to the table. "You're lucky I'm hungry, Nathan Scott." She says and suits right back down next to him.

-

It was another night of Allie tutoring Nathan, but this time it was at his house. "Wanna talk about it?" She asks him, not looking up from her paper.

"What are you, my tutor or my shrink?" He jokes and nudges her shoulder. "Whatever you need, Nate." She says and laughs.

"I treated Peyton pretty bad. She had every right to walk away." Allie finally looks up at him and lets him continue with his train of thought. "And yeah it was my fault, I... I screwed up. I just wish I had another chance." He admits to her.

She nods her head and looks over his paper. "81, nice work." She says and hands him his paper. "Nice." He says and looks at his paper. He then looks over at her and smiles.

"You know it's funny, I think you and I talked more than Peyton and I ever did." He admits to her and she just nods her head at his use of correct grammar. "Peyton and I, good job." She packs her things and gets ready to leave.

"Allie?" He says and grabs her arm so she can't leave. "Yeah?" She asks and looks up at him. "I know this hasn't been easy for you. I just want to say thanks." He says and looks into her eyes again.

Allie smiles and taps his chest twice. "You're welcome, and good luck." He smiles at her and nods his head in appreciation. "I'll see you tonight, Nate."

She walks away from him and out to her car. Getting in, she turns the engine on and pulls out of his driveway, making her way home to get ready for the game.

-

After getting ready, she stops by Karen's Cafe to talk to Lucas. "Oh, Allie. What are you doing here?" Karen says and walks over to hug her. "Um, is Lucas here? I kind of need to talk to him."

Karen nods her head. "He's up on the roof. Just go through the stairs in the back." Karen says and Allie follows her instructions.

"Hey." She says approaching him. "Hey, Allie." He says walking up to her. "Are we okay, Luke?" She asks him. "There's nothing going on between you two? You're just tutoring him?" He asks her while looking at her.

"There is nothing going on. Just tutoring." She reassures him and he smiles at her. "Okay." He wraps his arms around her. "I missed you." She admits to him and squeezes him tighter "Me too." He says and kisses her on the head.

"So Keith is playing huh?" She asks and Lucas laughs. "Yeah. Whitey said that I have to play so I asked him and he agreed. "Good, knock Dan off his pedestal for me would you?" He laughs again and pushes her away jokingly.

-

Walking with Brooke towards the gymnasium, the two girls were talking about random things. Allie looks straight into the distance and sees Nathan walking towards her. "Got a sec?" He asks her, looking at Brooke.

Brooke gets the message and walks off. "Yeah, what's up?" She asks him with a smile. He pulls out a test from his backpack and shows her with a big smile. "Check that out."

She looks at the test and sees in red marker an 84. "Oh my god, an 84! That's so great!" They both chuckle and Nathan holds out his arms, waiting for her to hug him. "Yeah." She mumbles and wraps her arms around his neck.

His arms go around her waist and holds on to her figure tighter. Unbeknownst to her, he was staring and smirking at Lucas, who was right behind her. He lets go of her once Lucas walks away and smiles at her.

"I guess tutoring isn't so bad after all." She jokingly says and lightly punches his shoulder. "Thank you, Allie." He says and holds her hand that was on his chest. "You're welcome. Now go beat your dad." She says and he laughs before the two of them walk to the locker rooms before separating.

-

On the side of the court, she has her poms poms in her hands cheering. She finally sees Lucas and decides to cheer him on. "Lucas! Luke!" He wasn't looking at her, almost as if he was trying to ignore her.

She sighs and yells out, "Hey, Scott!" He finally looks at her and she smiles at him. Her smile drops when she sees Nathan looking at her too. Feeling awkward, she just smiles at the both of them before looking away.

Lucas scoffs and turns back around. She furrows her brows at his actions. What was his deal, they just made up hours before the game. She had to find out what happened between them because she thought they were fine.

During half time of the game, Allie went to find Lucas. She found him in the locker room and called out his name.

"Luke? Are you mad at me? What's going on?" She asks him. He turns around towards her harshly. "I don't want to talk about it right now." He says coldly before turning back around.

"Okay, can you just tell me what I did, please?" She pleads with him. She didn't understand how he could go from hugging her to being mad at her within four hours. "I saw you with him." Lucas turns back to her yells. "With who? Nathan?" Allie asks, confused.

"He got a good grade on a math quiz! It was nothing." She defends looking at him. Lucas sighs and looks back at the girl. "I wanna believe you Allie, I do. But I don't think you're telling the truth." He concludes.

"Okay, I don't understand why you think that. Obviously I'm going to be happy he scored great on a test, Luke." Lucas looks down at her wrist and sees the bracelet Nathan had given her during their first tutoring session.

He scoffs again. "Nice bracelet." No other words were exchanged between them. He scoffs and runs off back to the court. Allie sighs and looks at the bracelet.

She plays with the different charms on it and lets out a deep sigh again. This whole thing with Nathan was ruining her friendship with Lucas a lot more than she thought.

She looks up and catches Nathan looking at her. He smiles at her and points to the bracelet. She smiles and shows it off to him before walking back to where the rest of the cheerleaders were.

For the rest of the game, Allie didn't pay attention. She only let out cheers when the rest of the stadium did. All that was running through her mind was Lucas and Nathan. How could she fix it with Lucas if she was still tutoring Nathan.

"You didn't beat me dad. You never will." She hears Nathan say. Immediately, she looks on the court to see where he was. Nathan and Dan staring each other down before Nathan drops the ball and leaves the court.

He walks past Lucas and into the locker rooms. Lucas stays staring at Dan until he looks over Dan's shoulder and sees Allie staring right back at him from behind Dan.

He lets out a sigh and walks off the court, following Nathan into the locker room.

Allie sighs and throws her poms poms down before grabbing her bag and leaving. "I'm gonna head out first." She says and Brooke nods, understanding why. "I'll see you later." She says and walks out of the gym.

She walks to her car with her cheer bag around her shoulders. "Hey!" She hears from behind her. She turns around and sees Nathan.

She smiles seeing him jog towards her. "Hey. How are you feeling?" She asks. "Like crap, my dad always has to win somehow." He says and looks at her.

"Yeah, I saw that, I'm sorry. You played well though." She says to him and he smiles at her. His hand reaches up to push back hair that was falling out of her ponytail. She smiles at him and he reciprocates it.

Before any more words are spoken, Lucas comes from the opposite direction. When Allie turns and sees him, she lets out a sigh. "Great." She mumbles to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 337 10
Lucas Scott has been in love with Ellie Moore most of his life, what happens when he gets the girl? Will they last? Elizabeth Moore x Lucas Scott On...
1.9K 69 20
Ricky Scott is son of Dan and twin of Nathan. Ricky however has a relationship with his half brother Lucas. Unlike Nathan. Ricky plays basketball wi...
90.8K 4.2K 27
Valentina Scott is the most popular girl on campus. She's a basketball star who plans on making it big someday. When her estranged older brother join...