It's All in your Head | a Cap...

By NastjaParker

In which Anastasia Labzova emerges from the shadows of her harrowing past, a survivor of the Red Room's twist... More

A/N
ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚ Cast ˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two

sixteen

37 3 12
By NastjaParker

"Rewind, rewind!" Nat exclaims and guides me into our room. 

"Jarvis! Make sure no one enters this room!"

"Here, sit down and breathe. Now start again. From the beginning."

So I tell her everything. I haven't spoken to Blair since she dropped me off a few hours ago. The longer I think about it, the more angry I get. How could she just lie to me? And Tess and Maddy too. They literally spied on me. 

"That bitch. Sharon I mean." Nat says.

"I know right? Why does she hate me so much? She doesn't even know me. Well, no, according to her she knows exactly what is going on in my head."

I shake my head in frustration

"You shouldn't have eavesdropped." Nat says.

"I know, I know..."

She smiles at me, before she continues. 

"But I would've done the same. And I'm so proud of you for controlling your anger. That is true strength and discipline." 

I chuckle. I seriously don't know where I'd be without her.

"And about your friends...", she starts.

"I don't wanna talk about it." 

"That's okay. But you should talk to them. Give them time to explain."

"No! I don't need an explanation. I need a fucking apology! And why are you siding with them?" 

I shout a little louder than intended. I know it's not Nat's fault, it's all just so...

"I'm not siding with them! I'm always gonna support you! It's just... nevermind."

"I'm sorry, I just don't wanna talk about it." I apologize.

"And that's totally fine!"

"Thanks.", I smile.

"Sooo, you can't deny it anymore. You like Steve!" She laughs and wiggles her eyebrows

"And if I do?", I laugh.

"You'd be so cute together! And I would never have to see Sharon again. A true blessing!"

"But Blair said they had a 'thing'", I say.

"Yeah, but that was last summer and pretty onesided to be honest. The worst part is that I encouraged him to ask her out! He just seemed so lonely..."

"Why did he break it off?", I ask her.

"There was nothing to break off, really. At least according to everyone accept Sharon. I believe he still couldn't let her go."

"Who?"

"His girlfriend from like the 40s. At least he's loyal.", she shrugs.

"Anna?", I ask.

"Was that her name?"

"I believe so."

"Well anyways, he hasn't talked about her in months so I think he's finally over it. Good for you!"

"That's so mean, Nat! She died!", I exclaim. 

"70 years ago! Aaaand she'd want him to move on, I'm sure!"

"Okay, okay."

"So here's my brillaint masterplan: I'll make sure Sharon won't come to the mission. And when we come back you're absolutely gonna outshine her at the party, okay?"

I chuckle. 

"Sure!"

"Miss Labzova", Jarvis interrupts us.

"There is a new message from Miss Blair Taylor. Do you want me to play it for you?"

"Yes.", Nat answers for me.

"Hey. I guess you are really mad at us by now. I just wanted to say that we're so so sorry for what we did. It was our job and we cannot regret doing what we did. But we really do regret how you found out. We genuinely want to be friends with you, because you are really an amazing person and we want you to know that we'd totally understand if you don't want to see us anymore. We will always be there for you though. Love you."

"Do you want to answer this message?"

"No, thanks Jarvis.", I say exhaustedly. I can already feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

I cry myself to sleep that night, listening to Adele, one of the artists Blair had shown me. Which makes me cry even harder. Nothing is going according to plan right now. Steve is being super distant, Blair, Tess and Maddy aren't even my real friends and some stupid blonde has decided to hate me. Just because. The worst part is that she is right. At least with most of it.

I fell asleep super late last night and dream of  crying people begging for mercy. The dreams are always the same. I never show mercy. I never stop.

I woke up pretty late this morning  and get up to take a shower and wash my hair, which really is a whole workout. The red room would always braid our hair tightly but since I've been here I've tried to wear my natural curls most of the times. Which means using a gazillion different products. After 3 and a half hours I am finally done and steal a cute pair of jeans from Nat's closet to combine it with one of my favorite sweaters and some chucks. I head down to get a snack from the kitchen and am greeted by the whole squad, minus the captain. I try to hide my disappointment. 

"Look who decided to delight us with their presence. That's what my mom always said to me. Id made me wanna throw something. Anyways, how are you doing today.", Clint grins at me.

"Good. Why are you asking like that. Oh wait. Lemme guess. Someone told all of you.", I frown

"Precisely. Good anger management little Romanoff.", Tony chuckles.

"Thanks."

"So we as the Avengers decided...", Banner starts.

Tony interrupts him. "Cut the bullshit. It was Fury."

"Okay, lemme start again. Fury has decided that it is safe enough for you to accompany us on missions and that you should come with us tomorrow morning so you can help us with whatever dangers await us."

"Wait what?", I ask perplexed

"Ah, the sun shines brighter in the realms today!" Thor says with his deep, booming voice.

"Huh?"

"What Pointbreak here is trying to say, is that he's happy.", Tony explains. He really does have a nickname for everyone.

"Yes, Thor! Me too. But how come? I thought the Captains decision was final.", I ask.

"Yeah, it was until yesterday. But then the whole Sharon debacle happened and one of you friends ind Shield told Fury. He then decided you were ready. Didn't even know you had friends in Shield.", Tony says grinning.

"Neither did I"

"Hmm, it was a Bianca I think. Last name something with T..."

"Blair Taylor."

"Yes.", he says, surprised.

Nat and I share a glance before Tony speaks again.

"Our beloved Capsicle isn't here right now. God knows where he is but that doesn't matter that much. Little Romanoff, it is time to prepare for your first mission."

"Ugh, you should've told me earlier so I could've planned my hairwashdays accordingly."

──•~❉᯽❉~•──

her outfit <3

──•~❉᯽❉~•──

A/N: Sorry that the chapter is so short, I'm planning on oublishing another one tomorrow, Thanks for all the votes and comments! Currently at 735 reads, yay! xoxo, Nastja <3

P.S.: don't forget to vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 644 20
Brought to Earth by her mother, alongside her twin sister, at the young age of six, both Azar and Artemis train under SHIELD to become Earth's heroes...
73.4K 1.3K 47
Anastasia Romanoff always looked up to her older sister, Natasha. Ever since they had left the Red Room and joined S.H.I.E.L.D. with the help of thei...
68.8K 1K 54
When the Stark shell hit the Maximoff family weren't the only ones in the building. Anastasia Romanoff, sister of Natasha, was on a mission for the...
62K 2K 37
Olivia Barton has been living a secret life without even knowing, when she meets a certain teacher it all starts to unravel and fall apart but she fo...