LOVE LESSONS - a sokeefe story

By LoveBookwormGirl

Sophie Foster is an academic scholar. Accepted into Foxfire on reccomendation from her best friends dad, she... More

Introduction
Preview
Chapter 1 I My Best Friend
Chapter 2 I Mr Popular
Chapter 3 I Catching Flights Not Feels
Chapter 4 I Mystery Girl
Chapter 5 I We *Verbally* Bash Fitz
Chapter 6 I Could you Foster?
Chapter 7 I A Very Bad Idea
Chapter 8 I Parties Never End Well
Chapter 9 I A Thing or Two About Gossip
Chapter 10 I Normalites

Chapter 11 I The One

337 11 65
By LoveBookwormGirl

a/n: y'all im gonna start putting lyrics up here. 

If my wishes came true...It would've been you

It would've been fun...If you would've been the one.

- taylor swift, folklore, the 1

SOPHIE FOSTER

Standing at Keefe's door was in the top ten most stupidest things I had ever done. And probably near the top. I was waiting, brushing my hair behind my ears when he opened the door, shirtless, probably just out of the shower, since his hair was dripping wet. 

"Sophie!" He said, almost excited.

"Um, hi." I said biting my lip. "I'm here to, check on you. About- what happened last night."

"I, was just about to come see you." He brushed his fingers through his wet hair, pushing it back. I hesitantly admitted it was a good look. 

"Oh." I nodded. "Cool. I just-" I started but was cut off. 

"Please- uh come in," He motioned me in as he scrambled to find a shirt which he tossed on. 

I sat on the green couch he had on the far side of the room while he sat on the bar stool in the kitchen. 

"So, how are you?" I asked, cringing at the palpable tension. 

"Good, I fell asleep drunk off my ass in a location I will not disclose. But other than that I'm feeling better, like I'm seeing clearer." 

"That's good." I nodded. 

"Are you okay?" He questioned looking awkward. 

"My head is ringing but other than that feeling solid." I joked. 

But he wasn't in the mood I guess, cause his features darkened. "I'm sorry, I should've been there. With you. Sitting there, like Fitz did." He hung his head. "I just don't deal with hospitals well, I- they trigger things for me and seeing you like that made me lose it, and drowning myself in alcohol sometimes is the only way I can forget." 

I listened intently and nodded slowly. "It's not your fault-" 

"It is my fault, Foster, I- started the fight. I was so angry at Fitz for what I thought was pursuing you even though he knew I- I- IT doesn't matter! But I was just angry at him. Because I care about you. You- you're a good-" He sighed at the next word, looking disappointed. "Friend. You're a good friend." 

I nodded, listening. "It's okay Keefe, it's not your fault. Can we just forget this ever happened and go back to normal? Start again?" 

He looks up, brushing the hair out of his eyes. "I'd like that Foster." 

I smiled. "Good. I would too."

He held out a hand. "Come on." He beckoned, standing up. "Let's go." 

I laughed, grabbing his hand. "Where?" 

"You'll see" He grabbed a coat and threw it on, grabbing his keys to his dorm and leading me out the door. I laughed in the process. We got onto the footpath outside campus and started to walk. 

"Keefe I have classes soon!" I laughed. "We need to go back!" I tugged on his hand. 

"Not yet Foster, this'll take a quick second. I promise." He reassured me and I groaned. 

We stopped abruptly, causing me to slam into his back. Jeez he had nice back muscles. 

"Here we are, Foster." He announced our destination, I looked up to see a small cute, icecream store. I grinned. 

"This is your surprise?" I laughed. 

He nodded, "But if you're not impressed then no." He teased. 

"It's so cute. Let's go inside." I tugged on this hand as we made our way inside. The store had the widest variety of flavors. Too many. I chose my flavors and he chose his. He chose a scoop of Oreo and one strawberry. I chose fudge and a scoop of plain chocolate.

We sat down in the store after, a quite lengthy fight on who was gonna pay. He won. 

"Cheers, to our new and restored friendship." He held up his ice cream which I reciprocated.

"Cheers, Keefe." I licked the ice cream, very impatient. There was a pause. "Keefe I think friends is great for us."

His features dropped. "I-" 

"I mean isn't it great that we can just be friends and do stuff together and just exist? We don't have to live up to anyone's expectations. I mean Biana is constantly pressuring me to get with a guy and it's like just let me live!"

I could not deny I felt something for Keefe. I just didn't know what, and yet sometimes I felt like the only way I could feel that something in peace was if I never told anyone. 

That was the way it had to be.

I couldn't see any other way out.

Keefe nodded "I get it. Friends are perfect for us." 

"Ooh ooh, Keefe can we please please please go and find a drink, the icecream has me thirsty" I begged hopping up. 

Keefe nodded distantly and hopped up as well walking beside Sophie as they went on a scavenger hunt for water.

~~~~

Keefe left shortly after for hockey practice, he cleared his throat and mumbled something about needing to leave, otherwise his coach would be mad at him. He stopped by his dorm and left, dragging his gear with him. 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Did I say something wrong? I checked my phone. No new posts about me. I sighed out a breath of relief. Had my life really come to boys and gossiping? I walked back to my dorm in thought and pulled open the door, huffing and looking up to see...

"AHHH!" I covered my eyes. Biana and Tam mouths snapped apart. They pressed their lips together. Tam stood and stuttered. 

"I- I- was helping her with something!" He defensively remarked. 

"Oh you were helping her with something alright!" I squeaked. "Like her hormones!" 

Tam and Biana blushed bright red and Tam grabbed his coat and brushed past me out into the hallway. Then I dared to peek through my fingers shielding my eyes from the sight of Tam and Biana...doing things with their mouths I could never disclose to Linh. 

Biana looked more outraged-embarrassed than surprised. 

"C'mon Soph!" Bi groaned. "I was getting some action there!" 

"Well I didn't exactly get a weather notification there was gonna be a 90% chance of making out with a slight shower of hormonal teenagers!" I was refraining from laughing. 

"Let's not talk about this!" Biana shook her head. 

"No, no, no Biana Amberly Vacker, let's talk about it. Now tell me. How many kids did he promise you?" I teased. 

"Sophie, I swear to god-" 

"Are you guys gonna have a white fence picket kinda house or do you prefer a mansion?" I rubbed it in. 

"I'm about to unfriend you on everything-" 

"How many dogs one or two?" I grinned. 

"Agh!" She lost it and slammed a pillow onto my face. "Bite me!" She gritted. 

"I think you should extend that offer to Tam first." I pointed out and shielded my body before she could throw another pillow. 

"I hate you-" She started

"Didn't you have a date with Dex?" I questioned, confused. 

"He stood me up." A flash of hurt entered her eyes. "I waited at the cafe for an hour and a half. And I really like Tam. So...." 

"So you swapped dishes?" I teased.

She gave me the finger and stormed into her room and slammed the door. Linh opened the door to our dorm and raised an eyebrow. 

"Why was my brother running through the hallways like his pants were on fire?"

I shrugged fighting a laugh. "Beats me." 

Linh's smile returned. "So....my date with Wylie is tonight." She sat down "I know, I know you said to think about it. Um can I ask you something though?" She shyly smiled. 

I nodded. "Yeah whatever." 

"Someone sent me flowers this morning." She paused, I wondered if Fitz had gone through with it. "They were daisies. My favourites. But the note attached was anonymous. Do you know who it is?" 

I winced. Oh Fitz, you stupid boy. "I think they forgot to write their name. But yes, I do know. But I think I'll let them come to you first. Sorry girl." 

Linh nodded as if she'd expected this answer. "Yeah... you're right. So....what happened with Keefe?" 

"We made up." I said. "We're back to friends. It feels nice." I grinned.

She grins. Almost forced. "Friends. That's awesome Soph. Totally what he wanted." 

I grinned. "Yeah I think so too." 

Linh soon retreated into her room and I whipped out my phone and texted Fitz.

Wonderbread Poster Child

wonderbread poster child:

i seriously LOVE taylor swift

oh sh*t sorry soph wrong chat 

                                                                              me

                                                                             lol what? 

wonderbread poster child

shut up, she's so cool

23/07/2024

                                                                      me

                                                                     Avery why?!

wonderbread poster child

STOP CALLING ME AVERY 

and what why?

what did you find out what happened in professor cadons class?

                                                         me

                                                         ??? what happened in prof cadons class???

                                                         AND NO

wonderbread poster child

nvm :) just a little incident with nutella

and seriously tell me now?

                                                                  me 

                                                                  are you clinically stupid?

wonderbread poster child

um no actually, mum got me tested last year, i'm all good :)

                                                 me 

                                                   i think you need to retest

                                              you idiot you forgot to put your name on linh's flowers!

wonderbread poster child 

oh fudgeballs 

                                              me

                                              ...

                                            never say that again

                                              and fix it!

I clicked off my phone and sighed laying down on the couch. Closing my eyes, I tried to sleep but just couldn't! I huffed and got up going to do some homework when I heard a knock at the door. I groaned. Seriously?! Was our dorm THAT popular?!

I opened it a scowl on my face to be met with Maruca from one of my classes, I removed the scowl and tried for a smile. 

"Hey Sophie! I thought you, Biana and Linh might want to hang out for a few hours with some of the girls?" She grinned. "We're all going dress shopping!" 

"...For?" I said confusing clouding my features. 

"Oh... you're so silly Sophie. The annual induction ball for Foxfire! We are a prestigious university after all. Everyone goes all out!" 

I said hesitantly. "So....who's going?"

"Oh...no one really." She grinned almost evilly. "Stina Heks? You know her right? Adeline Lancester, you might not know her, and....some other girls." She smiled. 

"Um....let me ask the girls." I said, hesitation edging my features. 

Maruca clapped her hands. "Okay yay! This'll be fun!"

I went inside to ask Linh and Biana, they both immediately said yes and hopped up. We got ready to go and left.

As we walked along the sidewalks, I spotted an oddly familiar girl, whose name was on the tip of my tongue, her hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, and dark tan skin. She was wearing a bright orange sundress which suited her. My eyes narrowed as I worked to identify her. Biana caught my eye and stiffened, she said loudly. 

"Come on guys the quicker we get out of here the quicker we get dresses!" She said forced. We all clambered into Maruca's car. When we were just about to leave Biana said breathlessly. 

"Hey I think I forgot my phone inside! I'll just go....get it!" 

One girl frowned. "It's getting late already." 

Maruca spoke up. "No no it's okay." Her eyes caught mine in the rearview mirror. "We're waiting for another girl anyway." 

Biana tried a smile and clambered out, when I looked back to her seat I saw her phone sitting in the back and narrowed my eyes. Why would she lie? I shrugged it off. Another girls voice sounded from outside the car and my blood ran cold. She climbed into the car. 

"Hey ladies! Sorry I'm late!" She climbed into the space next to me. 

Marella. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.4K 848 21
Sophie and Keefe both go to Foxfire Highschool, but when they both develop feelings will they become more than friends? Highest Rankings; #1 in sokee...
60.8K 545 20
Sophie Foster finds herself in a fight with everyone she knows- and it's all because of a misunderstanding. Sophie was accused of something she had n...
6.1K 304 41
Keefe, a new student at Foxfire Academy, is smitten with the beautiful Sophie Foster. Too shy to confess his feelings, he leaves love letters and gif...
2.3K 62 30
What if someone close to Sophie died? What if she couldn't get over it and became violent? What if Sophie made a mistake that she couldn't undo? What...