Coffee at first sight

Від Selenegreyy

When Ayla Porter's father suddenly announces that she's about to get married to Xander Grey, the rich and arr... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 29

370 35 14
Від Selenegreyy

Ayla pov

I'm about to beat a bitch up today.

I shower once I'm done with my training and climb on the bed. I feel so good after my session in the gym. I feel powerful and in control. Now I only have to wait for Xander to leave so that I can get ready.

No matter what, I'm going to get his mother's ring back today.

I feel Xander's eyes on me through the mirror. I really do not want to see him. I can't believe even after all this, he's still letting Nina work there. I thought maybe he would have put two and two together and realized that it's that bitch who stole his mother's ring but no. I guess he just doesn't believe me at all.

Well fuck him!, my alter ego says. Sort your shit out yourself. You don't need him to fight your battles. Get that ring back yourself and beat that bitch up! We won't allow anyone to raise their hands on us again.

"Yes", I murmur to myself. "I won't!"

Once Xander is gone, I start getting ready. And usual, my clothes is all black but today for some reason, I decide to wear it to project intimidation. For the first time, in a long while, my clother are skin tight on me. I need to feel good about myself.

Once I'm done, I look at myself in the mirror and blow a kiss for my reflection.

Let's do it!

I walk inside the garage and Scott instantly stops me.

"Good morning ma'am", he says. "Mr Grey said not to let you out today."

"What!", I frown and suddenly an idea pops in my head.

"Listen Scott", I say. "I'm on my period and I need to buy pads. So what do you think I should do?"

"Errrr", he looks away in embarrassement.

I control the urge to laugh out loud when his face starts becoming red. Poor lad.

"I can buy it for you ma'am", he offers slowly. "Mr Grey strictly said not to let you out."

"So do you want to know my size?", I ask and watch as his eyes widen. "You know pads comes in different sizes. Large. Medium. Small."

"I wonder if Xander will like it if I tell you about the size", I add casually and watch as his eyes almost bulge out if its socket.

What a dumb ass! I laugh mentally. I know for a fact that he is thinking that vagina has different sizes and not the pads. The look on his face says it all.

He starts shaking his head and I cry in joy mentally.

"That's what I thought", I say and walk towards my car.

"I can drive you ma'am", he offers.

"Fine", I say not wanting to create a suspicion in his mind because I know he will tell his boss everything. I will just escape from the pharmacy.

"Scott", I say while he is driving.

"Yes ma'am"

"How many times should I tell you to call me Ayla?", I sigh.

"Mr Grey doesn't like it", he adds.

"Who cares about his opinion?",I blurt out and quickly add when he looks at me through the rearview mirror.

"I mean when he is not around, just call me Ayla. I know he can be a pain in the ass but you don't need to be rigid with me like you're with him."

"Yes Ayla", he smiles.

"Good"

"How is your head now?"

"It's fine now."

"Mr Grey was really distressed when he found you in that state Ayla", he continues. "I have never seen him like that."

"Yeah", I murmur and decide to ask him about Nina. "Did he found out about the person?"

"Not yet", Scott says. "Interrogation are being carried out since yesterday. Unfortunately, the evidence is wiped from the camera. But don't worry, we will find him."

It's a her.

And she does not know what is coming her way.

We reach the pharmacy after a while and I tell Scott to wait for me in the parking lot while I buy my things.

"But Mrs...", he starts then stops. "I mean Ayla. Let me accompany you."

"Oh come on Scott. I'm going to buy pads. I don't need assistance. Thanks though."

He cringes when I emphasize on the word pads more.

"I'll be fine don't worry", I say and get out of the car quickly. He gets out of the car as well and just stands beside it.

I can feel his eyes on my back as I walk. I make as if I'm looking around and turn around. This time, he is doing something on his mobile.

Run Ayla Run!

I quickly walk in the other direction and keeps walking quickly. Thank god he does not realizes anything. I decide to walk to Xander's office. It's quite a bit to walk but I don't mind it. I love walking. It's peaceful and I find it calming with the gentle breeze blowing around.

I reach the office after thirty minutes and walk straight to the elevator before anyone can notice me. I wonder where James is. Did Xander hired him back? I can't see him around. Well I look for him later. I have to do something first. I'm about to enter Nina's office when I hear Colton's voice.

"Ayla", he gushes out. "What are you doing here? Are you alright?"

"Colton", I say.  "Keep quiet. Don't let anyone know that I'm here."

"Wait", he says. "Does Xander knows you're here?"

"No"

"Best friend what are you doing", he says in concern. "You need to rest. The wounds still look bad."

"It's okay Colton", I say. "I have something to do."

"Like what?", he looks at me wearily. "I can smell trouble from you."

"Is Nina here?", I demand instead.

"Yes she's in Xander's office right now"

"Okay", I smile internally. "I'll see you later Colton."

"Can I join you?", he asks hopefully.

"For what?"

"Come on bitch", he drawls. "I know you're about to rock her shit. I want to join as well. I hate her so much."

"Is it that obvious?", I cannot help the small smile forming on my lips.

"To me", he says. "She's the one who hurt you right? I just know it. She's has been smiling too much since this past two days."

"She messed with the wrong person this time Colton", I say. "She even took my ring which belong to Xander's mother."

"Oh my God", he gasps and lifts my hand to look at my fingers. "She really scratched you. Damn fucking hoe!"

"Now it's her turn", I say. "I need to get that ring back for Xander."

"He's been interrogating everyone since yesterday", Coltan explains. "He even sacked James because he thought he did not do his job well."

"Asshole", I mumble.

"There's not a single evidence against Nina", he continues. "Maybe that's why Xander can't do anything much."

"I don't care", I say. "I won't leave her."

"Go gurl", Colton cheers for me. "I'm going to watch out for you. But Ayla you're still hurt......"

"I'm fine Colton", I assure him. "No go and don't let anyone know that I am here."

Colton leaves after I enter Nina's office. I sit on her chair and face the other side. I can't wait to kick her ass. I hear the door opening after a few minutes.

Showtime baby!

I swirl around slowly and smile when I notice the shock look on her face.

"What are you doing in my office?", she snaps and smiles. "Did you forget our last encounter? Or do you want a repeat of that?"

"Hello to you too Nina", I smile sweetly at her. "There will be a repeat but not for me."

"As if your pathetic self can do anything", she mocks. "Xander does not even cares about you honestly. No wonder I'm still standing here."

Let's see about that after I break your legs stupid bitch!

I get up and approach her with the sweetest smile. Anyone who knows me know that this smile of mine means trouble.

"You can do anything for Xander right?", I ask when I stop before her.

"Anything", she hisses.

"Then why did you not talked to him before harming me? Why do women always pounce on the other girl first and leave the man? Because you know why? You are too weak to learn about the truth. You can never be with him. Because he's married. To me."

I'm going to instigate her so much until she does something herself.

"He still doesn't cares about you", she spits. "You're not special."

"He might not care about me", I drawl. "But I'm still in his bed. In his house. Are you?"

Her eyes turn into slits in anger. I can see that I already pushed her too much.

"Y-you"

"Truth hurts", I grin. "Now I'm here to express my feelings towards you and get my ring back."

"You really think I'm going to give it back", she laughs bitterly. "It belongs to me."

She looks at her hand and there it is. She even has the audacity to wear it. I wonder how Xander did not see it.

"I know what you are thinking", she says in a lazy voice. "I never wear it infront of him."

"Why?", I ask innocently. "It belongs to you right? Then why behave like a thief? Oh because you are one."

"How dare you?", she growls and lifts her hand to hit me but I catch it quickly.

"Oh no you don't", I say and with my other hand, I strike her hand across her face. She stumbles and I let her fall on the floor.

She touches her left cheek where my fingerprints start to appear and glare at me.

"How dare you hit me?"

"I'm just a daring person", I shrug while she gets up quickly.

"You're so disgusting", she snaps suddenly. "I don't know what Xander saw in a whore like you. Honestly you are repulsive."

Her words are triggering, I won't lie. But I won't let them get to me.

"Are you talking about yourself?", I say instead. "Because those descriptions fit you well."

"Oh come on", she rolls her eye so hard. "You clearly heard me. That's what you want all the time Miss Attention Fucking Seeker. No wonder you keep leeching around Xander all the time!"

"He's my man", I say to spite her. "Of course I'll be around him all the time. Something that you can't do."

She punches me on my jaw and that's when I see red. I grit my teet angrily while she laughs.

"You are pathetic Ayla", she spits.

I feel all the self control leaving my body as I lunges towards her and throws her violently on the floor. I'm not going to let her walk all over me. She's going to regret messing with me!

I hit her and the cracking of her jaw somehow gives me a little satisfaction. I keep punching her while she struggles beneath me. I have no ideas where this strenth is coming from. Maybe from my anger?

This is what I have always been good at. Violence. It makes me feel powerful.

She manages to flip us around and scratches my neck. She hits me harder this time and I taste blood in my mouth.

An inhuman sound erupts from my lips when I manage to throw her away from my body. I get up and wipe the blood from my lips. She approaches me ready to strike again but I give her no time and kick her hard. She collapses on her glass table and it smashes, taking her down in the process.

She gasps in pain as she gets up and walks towards me again.

"You want to fight", she snaps with a fierce look. "Let's do it."

I lift my leg to kick her again but she dodges it and pushes me on the broken glasses. I cringe in pain when I feel the glass bits piercing in my palms.

She grips my hair and pulls me up.

"You can't win against me Ayla", she smirks. "Never. I don't even understand how Xander married someone like you"

I throw a punch on her cheek and she stumbles back but she retaliates instantly. This bitch knows martial arts well. Well atleast it's a competition now.

She dodges one of my punch again and taking my hand she twists it behind my back and turns me around. She takes a fistful of my hair and smashes my head on the wall as hard as she can.

I groan in pain and feel the stitches opening up. She knocks my head again and that's when I hear Colton's voice.

"Ayla....Nina stop it!"

She doesn't listens to him and keeps her grip still tight on me. I manage to push her backwards and sway slightly. I feel dizzy due to the constant hit. Taking a big vase near the window, I smash it on her head and she falls down. I try to take the ring from her hand but she still doesn't let it go.

"Leave my hand", she shouts and flips up over again. I try pulling the ring again but she slaps me. I throw a punch angrily on her face and her nose starts bleeding instantly.

Have a good nose job now!

With all my strength, I turn us around again and sits on her but she takes holds of my hair again.

I try to remove the ring from her finger but she bites my hand. Ewwww. This bitch!

"It doesn't even suits you!", she claims.

"How desperate can you fucking be!", I snap. "It's kinda pathetic you are doing all this for a man"

I manage to remove the ring and slid it in my pocket. Nina tries to push me off her but I keep hitting her until I hear my name. She's getting weak.

"Ayla!", Xander's voice booms as he tries to separate us by holding me from my waist. "Let her go!"

"I will kill her", I cry and kick her again.

"Stop", Xander holds me tightly and when I lift my leg to kick her again, he stops me.

I keep struggling in his arms while Nina starts weeping pathetically. 

"CALM DOWN!", Xander shouts and I'm jolt back in reality.

I try to calm my breathing while I wipe my face with the back of my hand. I look at Colton and find him looking around the room with wide eyes.

Yes. I destroyed everything!

"What is going on here?", Xander demands angrily.

"Xander, she's trying to harm me. Look at what she did", she cries.

"What a liar", I snap and try to remove Xander's arm from my waist but he has a death grip on me. "Let me go and show her what does it really means to harm someone!"

"Enough!", his voice bellows.

I keep on staring at her with my fists still curl tightly in a ball.

"Xander I never did anything wrong", she sobs. "Look at what she did! She's trying to kill me"

"Stop your fake act you bitch!", I hiss and snap at Xander. "Let me go!"

"I said enough Ayla", he shouts angrily at me. "Colton call the paramedics!"

"Stupid fucking bitch", I see Nina mumbling and that's when all the hell break loose for me again.

I feel Xander loosening his grip slightly and taking this as an opportunity, I lunge forward towards her again but I'm instantly pull back.

"I said enough", Xander repeats angrily. "Ayla control yourself!"

I try to catch my breath and avert my eyes away. Xander turns me around and his eyes widen sligthly when he takes in my face.

"In my office now!", he says in a tight voice. I pull my arms away from his grip and wipe the back of my hand across my face, leaving a trail of blood on it. I don't look back at him because I'm still shaking with anger.

"Xander you have to believe me", Nina keeps crying. "She's too obssesive for you. She thinks I'm trying to come between you guys. I would never do anything to hurt you."

I turn to face her again and Xander quickly holds me back.

"In my office now!"

"Leave me!", I snap. "I'm not going anywhere! Stay with this sick bitch. I'm leaving!"

"I said inside my office now!", he orders loudly. I can feel the frustration and anger in his voice.

I storm out from the destroyed room and enter Xander's office. I can hear him trying to calm Nina down and telling Colton to take her to the hospital.

I hear the door slammimg shut so hard, it resounds everywhere. Damn. He's really angry with me. Of course he will be. I hurt his Nina.

"What the hell was that all about Ayla?", his voice is loud and demanding.

I don't say anything and just look outside. Another wave of dizziness hits me and I sway slightly.

"Hey", Xander comes by my sides instantly. "Come here."

He leads me near the couch gently and I let him. At this point my entire body is hurting. I really feel like sleeping.

"Can I go home?", I ask.

"I called Ethan", he says as he wipes my face with his handkerchief. "Your stitches are open."

"It's fine", I say. "Why did you call him?"
I get up and walk towards the washroom.

"Ayla you're bleeding too much", Xander says while following me. He lifts his hand again but I stop him by holding a hand up.

"It's just blood", I say dryly and wash my hands. "I've have been through so much worse."

I remove the ring and carefully wash it as well.

"Your ring", I place it on the counter. "Nina stole it from me the other day. I couldn't rest knowing that your mother's valuable ring was with her."

"You beat her up for a ring?", he asks and I hear the disbelief in his voice.

"It belongs to your mother", I explain. "I know how precious it is for you. I didn't want anything happening to it because of me. Keep it."

I turn around and turn on the faucet again without looking at him.

"Besides she hit me the other day so now we're equal", I say and splash water on my face. I squeeze my eyes tightly shut when my entire face feels like it's on fire.

"Stop", Xander admonishes me and turns the faucet down. "You will hurt yourself more."

"Not really", I shrug. "I used to do this when I was told I had to bear the pain."

"What do you mean?", he asks curiously.

My heart skips a beat when I realize what I just said. Why do I just blurt everything with him?

"Nothing", I say quickly. "I'm going home."

We hear a knock and Xander tells the person to come in. Ethan walks inside. He has a hard look on his face. I know he is going to scold me a lot. He places his bag on the table and turns to face me.

"I just met the girl outside", he says. "You almost ruin her face Ayla!"

"And?"

"Sit down", he sighs. I sit on the couch and he starts cleaning my face.

"Why can't you just control yourself Ayla?", he  demands while fixing the stitches again. "The wounds are just worst now!"

"Why can't they control themselves?", I demand instead. "How about you ask this? How can you expect that I'm going to sit down when it's not even my fault!"

"Stop arguing Ayla!", he scolds me while still cleaning my face. "This has always been your habit no wonder dad sent you away!"

That's it.

I push his hands away and stand up.

"So you mean he sent me in that hell to correct me?!", I demand.

"It was your punishment!"

"Punishment for what?!", I ask. "For always trying to protect myself from bullies or from him."

"Ayla calm down", Ethan says remorsefully. "I didnt mean that."

"You mean it!", I snap. "I know you fucking mean it Ethan! Tell me one thing, did you ever try to protect me? Were you ever there when I needed you the most?! You just disregarded me because I know deep down you blame me like father do! I know you do."

My heart starts beating really loudly from the adrenaline rushing through my veins. I'm so angry at him.

"Ayla it's not true", he says in a low voice.

"Then why you never did anything for me?", my voice cracks. "I kept suffering all these years and not even once you were there for me. But don't worry, I don't blame you. Because, I know if you had taken my side, Father would have never paid for your studies and your dream of becoming a neurosurgeon would have never come true."

"I thought everything was fine when he sent you at his friend's place", he says.

"It was", I lie and curl my fist tightly at the recollection of those people. "It really was fine."

"Ayla I'm....."

"No don't", I say. "You know something Ethan, I had to learn self defence for me. It's for a reason. I have one brother but he is always too busy for me. Father just doesn't care. Nobody cares. So next time I defend myself or hit someone don't assume I do this for fun or to hurt them on purpose."

"And sorry Xander bothered you to come here", I add. "Go and take care of that other girl because clearly it was my fault. I always ruin everything right? It's always my fucking fault."

I turn to leave and Xander instantly holds my hand.

"Where are you going?"

"I just want to go home", I murmur.

"Let's go", he says and leads me towards the elevator.

I don't look at him at all because I'm really stopping myself from crying right now. It just hurts that Ethan thinks like this about me.

"Are you okay?", Xander asks after a while.

I nod and feel something breaking inside of me when he asks me this question. I just want to cry. But I will never cry like that infront of him.

"You can stay here", my voice cracks as I speak and I clear my throat quickly. "I mean I can go home by myself."

I walk outside the elevator and the employees gasp when they notice me. Xander follows me nevertheless and calls for his car.

"Get in", he says quietly when the guard brings his car.

I get inside the car and leans back with a sigh. I just want to sleep for a long while and forget that I even exist.

"Ayla we can go to another doctor", Xander suggests.

"I don't want to", I say in a low voice and watch as trees and buildings rushes by quickly. My face and entire body hurts.

Xander does not says anything anymore and I'm glad for that. We reach his house in about twenty minutes. I see Scott approaching Xander's car instantly. He's going to snitch on me.

I almost smile imagining his reaction when he will see me. I get out from the car and his eyes widen.

"Ay.....", he starts and looks at Xander. "Mrs Grey what happened to you?"

"I told you to keep an eye on her", Xander scowls.

"It's not his fault", I say quickly. "Don't scold him. I tricked him. I'm sorry Scott."

I walk inside and get in the room quickly. I check my forehead. Atleast Ethan managed to close the wound again. I'm still so angry at him. I won't speak to him anytime soon. I need time.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

3M 120K 47
The sequel of 'The billionaire want me♡' This is Alaïa's story. Alaïa knight, daughter of Xavier knight. They moved away to another city and Alaïa bo...
711K 19.7K 49
"Stop you're hurting me."She winced when he pinned her hands to the wall. "You are messing with a beast wifey."He slurred and chuckled darkly.His war...
9K 482 72
Almost 22 years later, Leonardo Xander is at the grim age of 58 and a nicotine addict. Even though he has all the money in the world, he's lost somet...
43.2K 4.4K 59
'It doesn't go without saying that I don't want to marry an old man. Oh no! I want a man who can keep up with me. No limpness or weak hearts allowed...