The Doctor and The Captain...

נכתב על ידי Azkickdipstick

The Captain travels with his lifelong best friend, The Doctor. The First Book follows the ninth Doctor. עוד

Author's Notes
S1 EP1: Rose Part 1
S1 EP1: Rose Part 2
S1 EP1: Rose Part 3
S1 EP2: The End of the World Part 1
S1 EP2: The End of the World Part 2
S1 EP2: The End of the World Part 3
S1 EP3: The Unquiet Dead Part 1
S1 EP3: The Unquiet Dead Part 2
S1 EP3: The Unquiet Dead Part 3
S1 EP4: Aliens of London Part 1
S1 EP4: Aliens of London Part 2
S1 EP4: Aliens of London Part 3
S1 EP5: World War Three Part 1
S1 EP5: World War Three Part 2
S1 EP 5: World War Three Part 3
S1 EP6: Dalek Part 1
S1 EP6: Dalek Part 2
S1 EP6: Dalek Part 3
S1 EP7: The Long Game Part 1
S1 EP7: The Long Game Part 2
S1 EP7: The Long Game Part 3
S1 EP8: Father's Day Part 1
S1 EP8: Father's Day Part 2
S1 EP8: Father's Day Part 3
S1 EP9: The Empty Child Part 1
S1 EP9: The Empty Child Part 2
S1 EP9: The Empty Child Part 3.
S1 EP10: The Doctor Dances Part 1
S1 EP10: The Doctor Dances Part 3
S1 EP11: Boom Town Part 1
S1 EP11: Boom Town Part 2
S1 EP11: Boom Town Part 3
S1 EP12: Bad Wolf Part 1
S1 EP12: Bad Wolf Part 2
S1 EP12: Bad Wolf Part 3
S1 EP13: The Parting of the Ways Part 1
S1 EP13: The Parting of the Ways Part 2
S1 EP13: The Parting of the Ways Part 3
The End?

S1 EP10: The Doctor Dances Part 2

70 14 0
נכתב על ידי Azkickdipstick

Jim is using a typewriter in Nancy's little hideout, when Nancy walks in.

"Thought as much. What are all of you doing 'ere? Different house every night, I told ya!" Nancy says looking at four kids sitting around the place.

"We thought you were dead or you'd run off." Jim tells her.

"I didn't. I knew you'd come back for us." Ernie says. Nancy empties her bag of food onto the floor as Jim continues to type.

"Found that old thing in the junk. Thinks he can write now." Ernie says as Nancy looks over at the typing noise the typewriter is emitting.

"Writing a letter to me dad." Jim says.

"You don't even know where your dad is. And how you gonna send it?"

"I dunno, stick it in an envelope."

"You can't even read or write."

"I don't need to, I've got a machine!"

"Will you stop making that noise?!" Nancy asks Jim. He looks over, hangs his head and stops typing. "I'm sorry, Jim. On you go, you write a letter to your dad if you want to."

"I know we should've went somewhere else, but we need you, see, for the thinking." Ernie says with a smile.

"What if I wasn't 'ere? What if one night I didn't come back for ya? There's a war on, people go out. They don't always come back. It happens. What would you do then?" she asks. Silent somber fills the room even Jim stops writing. Ernie gets up and takes wire cutters off of Nancy.

"They're wire-cutters." he says looking at the tool.

"I need you to think about that. Someone's gotta look after this lot." Nancy tells Ernie.

"Why? You going somewhere?"

"..The bomb site." she tells them hesitantly. "The one at the railway station."

"Why?" Ernie asks.

"The Child." she pauses. "That's where he was killed. That's where it all started. And I'm gonna find out how." she continues as Jim pulls his chair to sit next to Ernie.

"He'll get you. And then he'll come for us. He always comes for us!"

"No. Ernie, he doesn't. He always comes after me. There are things I haven't told ya. Things I can't tell ya. As long as you're with me, you're in danger." she tells them as the typewriter stays making noise again. "Even right now, sitting here, you're in danger because of me."

"You're the one that keeps us safe." Ernie says.

"You think so, Ernie? Then answer this. Jim is sitting there right next to ya... .. so who's typing?" she glances at the typewriter. All the kids look over at the machine only to see the thing typing by itself. Nancy walks over to the paper when the typing stops, she pulls the paper out.

"Is he coming?"

"Ernie, as long as you're with me... he's always coming." she says turning around ready to leave "Plenty of greens. And chew your food!" she says before leaving the hideout.

Ernie picks up the piece of paper that Nancy had thrown on the floor it reads 'Mummy Mummy Are you my Mummy? Are you my Mummy?'

___________

"Okay, so he vanished into thin air. Why is it always the great-looking ones who do that?!" Rose asks.

"Not me." the Captain smirks, making Rose somewhat blush.

"I'm making an effort not to be insulted." the Doctor deadpans.

"I mean... men."

"Keep digging." the Captain whispers.

"Okay, thanks, that really helped." the Doctor sarcastically smiles.

The radio in the storage room turns on "Rose? Captain? Doctor? Can you hear me?" Jack's voice asks. The two men walk over to the radio. "Back on my ship... used the emergency teleport. Sorry I couldn't take you, it's security-keyed to my molecular structure." he says as the three look at the frayed wires where the plug is supposed to be. "I'm working on it, hang in there."

"How are you speaking to us?" the Doctor asks.

"Om-Com - I can call anything with a speaker grill."

The Doctor and Captain exchange a knowing look "Now there's a coincidence!" the Captain says.

"What is?" Jack asks.

"The Child can Om-Com, too." the Doctor tells him.

"It can?" Rose asks.

"Anything with a speaker grill. Even the Tardis phone." he nods.

"What, you mean the Child can phone us?" Rose asks.

"And I can hear you. Coming to find you. Coming to find you!" the child's voice can be heard through the radio.

"Doctor, can you hear that?" Jack asks.

"Loud and clear." he answers.

"I'll try to block out the signal. Least I can do."

"Coming to find you, Mummy."

"Remember this one, Rose?" Jack says as 'Moonlight Serenade' starts playing through the speaker. The Captain looks at Rose with a confused face.

"Our song." Rose smiles nodding her head. The two men just nod their head as well.

___________

Nancy has made her way to Limehouse Green and sneaks round to a part of the fence that isn't being guarded. She uses the wire-cutters on the barbed wire that was put there to block people from getting into the facility due to a missing fence pole.

___________

Rose sits in the wheel chair and spins around in it, the music still playing from the broken radio. The two men are using their screwdrivers to resonate a pattern in the concrete.

"What are you doing?" Rose asks spinning around to face the two men stood on the window sill.

"Trying to set up a resonation pattern in the concrete, loosen the bars." the Doctor answers.

"You don't think he's coming back do ya?" Rose asks them

"Wouldn't bet my life." the Captain says.

"Why don't you trust him?" she rolls herself forward a bit

"Why do you?" he asks her.

"Saved my life. Bloke-wise, that's up there with flossing." she says, not getting a response from either men she continues "I trust him cos he's like you two. Except with dating and dancing." The Doctor looks back at Rose and shakes his head before looking back at the concrete. "What?"

"You just assume I'm..." the Doctor says.

"What?"

"You just assume I don't... dance."

"What? Are you telling me you do... dance?" Rose smiles.

"900 years old, me. I've been around. I think you can assume at some point I've danced." the Doctor says.

"You?!" Rose laughs.

"Problem?"

"Doesn't the universe implode or something if you dance?"

"Well, he's got the moves." the Captain says.

"But I wouldn't wanna boast." the Doctor adds.

Rose gets up out of the chair and pulls it back before going to turn the volume of the music up. The Captain, with a big smirk on his face, looks over at the Doctor who glances back at Rose with a confused look on his face.

"You've got the moves?" Rose asks offering her hand for the Doctor to take. "Show me your moves!"

"Rose, I'm, I'm trying to resonate concrete." the Doctor says.

"Don't worry Doctor, I've got it." the Captain smirks.

"Yes, see the Captain's got it. Anyways Jack'll be back. He'll get us out. So come on. The world doesn't end cos the Doctor dances. If not, Captain?" she says.

The Doctor turns his sonic screwdriver off and steps down off the window sill. He looks at Rose and takes her hand "Barrage balloon?" he asks looking at her palms.

"What?" Rose asks as the Captain intrigued steps down from the window and walks over to look at her palms.

"You were hanging from a barrage balloon." the Doctor says looking over her palms. The Captain takes a hold of one hand and looks at it.

"Oh, yeah. About two minutes after you left me. Thousands of feet above London. Middle of a German air raid, Union Jack all over my chest!"

"We've travelled with a lot of people, but you're setting new records for jeopardy friendly." the Doctor says.

"Is this you dancing? Cos I've got notes." Rose says.

"Hanging from a rope. Thousands of feet above London. Not a cut, not a bruise." the Captains says after examining her hands.

"Yeah, I know. Captain Jack fixed me up." Rose tells them.

"Oh, we're calling him Captain Jack now, are we?" the Doctor asks.

"Hmm, I only like one Captain Jack, and he's fictional soo..." the Captain adds.

"Well, his name's Jack, and he's a captain." Rose says.

"He's not really a captain, Rose." the Doctor says.

"You know what I think? I think you're experiencing captain envy." she says looking at the Doctor. Rose takes the Doctor's hands getting ready to dance "You will find your feet at the end of your legs. You may care to move 'em."

"If ever he was a captain he's been defrocked." the Captain says walking towards the window and turning round, waiting for 'Captain Jack' and also to watch the Doctor dance.

"Yeah? Shame I missed that." she says.

"Actually I quit. Nobody takes my frock." Jack says as the three look around themselves and see that they've been teleported to Jacks spaceship. "Most people notice when they've been teleported. You guys are so sweet. Sorry about the delay. Had to take the nav-com off-line to override the teleport security."

"Too sweet, if you ask me." the Captain says shaking his head.

"You can spend ten minutes overriding your own protocols? Maybe you should remember whose ship it is!" the Doctor says ignoring his friends comment.

"Oh, I do. She was gorgeous. Like I told her... be back in five minutes."

"This is a Chula ship." the Captain says taking a step towards the front of the ship.

"Yeah, just like that medical transporter. Only this one IS dangerous." Jack says. The Captain snaps his fingers and a golden glow envelopes his hand.

"They're what fixed my hands up. Jack called them, um..." Rose says.

"Nanobots? Nanogenes?" the Captain suggests.

"Nanogenes, yeah."

"Subatomic robots. There's millions of them in here. See? Burned my hand on the console when we landed. All better now. They activate when the bulkead's sealed, check you out for damage, fix any physical flaws." the Captain says snapping his fingers again and the glow dissapates.

"Take us to the crash site." the Doctor says.

"We need to see your space junk." the Captain adds.

"Soon as I get the nav-com back online. Make yourselves comfortable. Carry on with whatever it was you were... doing."

"WE were talking about dancing." the Doctor says.

"It didn't look like talking." Jack says.

"Didn't feel like dancing." Rose complains.

___________

Nancy sneaks her way over to the tarpaulin covered spacecraft. Just as she starts pulling the cover back, the spotlight's around her turn on and rifles are pointed at her.

"Halt! Don't move!" a soldier commands and she looks around seeing she's surrounded, the soldiers start to move in towards the girl.

___________

"So you used to be a time agent, and now you're trying to con 'em?" Rose asks Jack.

"If it makes me sound any better, it's not for the money."

"For what?"

"Woke up one morning when I was still working for them, found they'd stolen two years of my memories. I'd like them back."

"They stole your memories?"

"Two years of my life. No idea what I did. Your friends over there don't trust me and for all I know, they're right not to." Jack says noticing the two men looking at him, the computer starts making a beeping noise "Okay! We're good to go! The crash site?"

___________

Nancy is escorted into the headquarters of the bomb site as an unwell soldier starts to stand up.

"As you were. You feeling any better?" Algy asks the man.

"Just a touch, sir." the man responds.

"Chain her up where Jenkins can keep and eye on her." Algy says. The other soldier ties her up to the table next to Jenkins.

"No! Not in here! Not with him." Nancy says looking at the scar on the back of Jenkins' hand.

"You shouldn't have broken in here if you didn't want to stay." Algy tells her.

"You don't understand! Not with him!" she says.

"This is a restricted area, Miss. You can just sit here for a bit, we're going to have to ask you a few questions."

"Found these, sir." the other soldier says handing Algy a set of wire-cutters.

"Very professional. A little bit too professional. Didn't just drop in here by accident, then did you?"

"My little brother died here. I wanted to find out what killed him."

"Take the men, check the fence for any other breaches. And search the area, she may not have come here alone."

"Yes, sir!"

"Please. Listen, you can't leave me here." Nancy pleads as the soldiers leave.

"Watch her, Jenkins!" Algy stops.

"Yes, Mummy." Jenkins says making Algy look back at him.

"Jenkins?"

"Sorry. Sir, I don't know what's the matter with me." he says holding his face.

"Look, lock me up, fine, but not here. Please, anywhere but here!" Algy walks off.

"You'll be all right, Miss, I'm just a little... just a little... just a little... What's the matter with you?"

"Please. Let me go."

"Why would I do that?" Jenkins asks.

"Cos you've got a scar on the back of your hand."

"Oh, yes, but I don't see what that's got to do with anything."

"And you feel like you're gonna be sick. Like something's forcing its way up your throat. I know because I've seen it before." she tells him.

"What's happening to me?"

"In a minute you won't be you anymore. You won't even remember you. And unless you let me go, it's going to happen to me, too. Please!"

"What are you talking about?"

"What's your mother's name?"

"Matilda."

"You got a wife?"

"Yes."

"Wife's name?" she asks, he looks like he's struggling to breathe, let alone talk. "You got kids? What's your name? Please. Let me go. It's too late for you. I'm sorry. But please let me go." she says struggling in her cuffs.

"What do you m...? M-m-m-mumm-y. Mumme-e-e-e!"

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

52.1K 3K 76
where a boy meets an alien and travels the universe Book 1 of the Spaceman Series. 334,926 Words Part One- approx 101,649 words Part Two- approx 1...
126K 3.6K 57
"𝙼𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚝𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏." 𝙷𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚎 �...
35.3K 834 60
The Doctor and The Warden are the last two time lords in existence. We join them a the beginning of the New Who franchise where their adventure with...
773K 23.9K 198
Doctor Who X Reader - Book 1 Feat - 9 & 10th Doctor {Y/N} and The Doctor -the only two surviving Time Lords- have been traveling together since them...