Red Scarf || Mako x F. OC [On...

By 0FelaChan0

Author: @CrayNommy Took a deep dive into the Legend of Korra through the sense of Yue Beifong, a metalbending... More

Prologue: Yue
[1.1] Republic City
[1.2] Sway, Dance with the Wind
[1.3] The Revelation
[1.4] The Voice at Night
[1.5] Absence of Presence
[1.7] Extreme Believes & Extreme Violence
[1.8] Knows When to Step Back
[1.9] Different Kind of Strength
[1.10] Endgame
Book Two : Spirits
[2.1] The Cop and The Blind Consulting Detective
[2.2] Feel the Wind, Darling
[2.3] Civil War and Peacekeeper

[1.6] Double Lifes, Choosing Sides

230 10 0
By 0FelaChan0

Word Count: 1805 words.

Sorry for the slow update, but I hope you would enjoy this chapter ^^

Byee

"It's not the Cabbage Corp." Yue declared to her caregiver, Lin Beifong. 

And to say that was a very bold statement, would be a good start. After her great absence and mysterious whereabout, Yue Beifong also known as the mental bender prodigy came back with one hell of a statement. 

After her rather bold move, Yue was then detained by Lin for a much-needed private chat. Yue didn't make a fool of Lin, no. . .

But with such distance between the two of them, that was the first thing she hears from her daughter? It astounded Lin so much that she was left rather speechless and stumped. 

"Explain yourself." Lin demanded the moment Yue sat down from across her desk. 

"I'm a great detective, I say that whatever it is that you found at the Cabbage Corp, they are planted evidence. Fancy words to describe that the Cabbage Corp was framed. End of story." Yue refuses to admit her double life as a spy. 

"We both know I needed more than that." Lin scoffed at Yue's apparent dishonesty. "And it's not like I don't trust you, but if you say so, you need to back it up with evidence. Real evidence." Lin emphasizes.

Then it was all silent. 

". . .Tell me. . ." Lin stands up from her seat and walked towards the nearest window. ". . .Do you actually like being a detective? Yue?" 

"Why the question?" Yue raised an eyebrow. 

"Just answer the damn question." Lin fight back. 

". . .I do." Yue finally answer, true to her heart. 

"To be suspended or to be fired, this is solely and entirely up to you." Lin was quick on her feet and in just a second was besides Yue to trap and cornered her. 

"If you don't tell me what you've been up to, I will fire you. But if you will enlighten me, suspension it is." Lin scared the spirit out of Yue with this move. 

Lin speaks as if she had already known the answer, and Yue albeit shaken began to calculate her best move. There's so much to reconsider in such a short amount of time. If she thinks about it truly, is her vengeance worth more than her newfound family?

Truth is, merely thinking about it is far easier than the reality. Yue above all, pride herself for having clear mind due to Tenzin's teaching. For once, Yue must stop thinking like a vengeance seeking lunatic. Right now, it will be best to think like a daughter. 

"Promise you won't be mad?" Yue asked so incredibly softly she finds herself begging. 

"I'm already mad, but I will try for you." Lin tried to glue her stoic face but ever so slightly failing. 

Although Yue is rather reckless than she herself would like to admit, Lin watches Yue as she grew to become such fighter. Lin knew deep down if she positioned herself as caregiver to Yue, Yue would surely be rendered back into her obedient self. This was due to Yue's lost and long for stability. Lin knew Yue's true priority, it is family. 

"I've been gone for some time now because I've decided to climb the equalist rank." Yue started to admit as Lin listened to each and her every words. 

"I wish to destroy Amon, starting with his influence." Yue added, surprising the chief of the police. "I know it is foolish, but I am aware that this reckless nature of mine is born from the lack of truth regarding my father's death." 

"I want to know how Amon killed my father." Yue closes her eyes, her breath frantic in pace. 

"As if right now, I have a group of fellow equalists that has begun to question Amon's method and true self. If I played my cards right, I could destroy the equalists from within, though realistically. . . this is unlikely." Yue explained. 

"However, I've dipped into the pond deep enough, if I stopped now Amon would know. . . you can suspend me or fire me, but I must continue this mission." Yue sense where Lin would be and looked towards her direction. 

"I can see the end of us if you keep this up, but I do understand." Lin reacted with flying color as she tried to suppress her emotions of rage and worry. "You better know what you're doing Yue, this mission better be worth your suspension." Lin made Yue smile. 

". . .Mother?" Yue in turn surprises Lin. 

"Yes?" 

"If I lose my bending, what should I do?" She asked her caregiver. 

"You're worth more than just your bending Yue." Was the answer Yue received. "But I think you should consider becoming a chef." Lin added. 

 ✦•············································•✦

"Yue?!" Asami was shocked to find her not so long-lost best friend. 

"Asami, long time no see. . . where's the chief?" Yue asked almost instantly. 

"Down the tunnel, with the rest." Asami tried to hide her sadness, shock and disappointment. From what Yue sees, Asami is fighting a losing battle. 

"So, you knew then?" Yue was referring to her father and Asami nodded. ". . .I'd like to believe that your father is just. . . deep in sorrow and a little bit misguided, Asami." 

"You think so? But this. . . is not how it's supposed to be." Asami pointed to the tunnel. "For spirit's sake I found solace with you, Korra, Mako and Bolin! Why can't he understand that?" Asami expressed her frustration. 

"Because it's personal isn't? It's not about what Amon believes, it's about who he will destroy." Yue gently took Asami by her hand, in response to her touch, Asami looks at Yue tenderly. 

"Your father set up a trap beneath this tunnel and I would like your help, just like good old time. Think you're up for it?" Yue gives her friend a genuine smile. 

"I'm up for it, like good old time." Asami nodded as then, the two of them ventures keeping up with Mako and Bolin in fast pace. 

"Yue?!" Mako couldn't believe his eyes as Bolin skip through his confusion to straight up hugging the prodigy metal bender. 

"Aw I miss you too Bolin. I'm sorry about skipping through all your matches guys. . . I do listen to them, and I heard nothing but streaks of victories. Now what's the situation?" Yue quickly skim through. 

"Something bad definitely happened, but it's beyond this platinum wall." Mako answer hastily.

"Crap, I haven't bend metal that pure in such a short time." Yue gritted her teeth as the rest may've heard her wrong.

"Pardon?" Bolin blink with confusion. 

"There's no such thing as true pure platinum, not commercially at least." Yue took her stance and stares at the wall with great senses and focus. "The most they can do is five nine, which mean for usage such as this, the best they can do is 99.999% platinum. . . but typically, platinum is 95% pure."

"I held the title prodigy not for nothing, as long as the metal isn't 100% pure, I will find a way!" At the last part, Yue break through the platinum wall, not with ease but with great difficulty. Nonetheless, Yue then put a halt on Hiroshi's movement. 

Beyond the platinum walls was a vast workshop, used by Hiroshi to support Amon and the Equalist. Taking everyone by surprise, Yue bended Hiroshi's mecha suit and was about dragged him before her attempt was stopped by the other equalist within their own mecha suit.  

"Mako, don't spread your fire and melt whatever you can! Bolin, cover me!" Yue screamed the moment she recovered from the previous attack. 

"Right!" The brother responded well to her command, doing exactly what they were told. 

Even if Yue could bend the platinum metals, doing so continuously would greatly weakens her. So, in order to make her move counts, Yue limits herself only to bend the part needed for Mako to render the mecha suit useless with his own jab of lightning. On the back of each suit was the source of power needed to operate the whole thing, inside is a sensitive circuit full of electricity. 

Yue had to continuously senses her surroundings, but the battle was somewhat easy with the help of both Mako and Bolin. With the rest of the Mecha suits useless, Hiroshi was met with a predicament. 

"So, this is the power of Yue Beifong, huh? The metal bending prodigy. . ." Hiroshi now stood with electric gloves in each of his hands. 

"I've learned from the best." Yue keeps her guards up as both Mako and Bolin had Korra and the rest safe.  

"Dad, stop." Asami step out from her hiding and surprises her father. 

"Why?" She asked. 

"Sweetie, I want to keep you out of this for as long as I could, but now that you know the truth. . . please, forgive me." Hiroshi began to plead. 

"These people, these benders took away your mother, the love of my live! They've ruined the world, but with Amon, we can fix it and build the perfect world together! We can help people like us everywhere!" Hiroshi released one of his gloves and offered it to Asami. 

 Yue could only sense Asami's heartbreak, but knowing her best friend, without a doubt Asami is more like her mother than she is like her father. 

"I love you dad." Was the thing Asami said before she electrocutes her own father. 

And with ease Asami fight off the rest of the Equalist member, but she doesn't have to fight alone. 

"Mako, Bolin. . . evacuate as many as you can. Asami and I will hold these bastards off." Yue said as she jumps back into the battlefield. 

The battle was easy, but the betrayal Asami felt was otherworldly. Unexpectedly, Korra was the one who could somewhat calmed Asami down as everyone took off from the Sato mansion with a floating ship nearby. 

"How are you mother?" Yue approach her caregiver gently, her walking stick at hand. 

"I will feel better, but I'm glad you've saved my men." Lin smiles at her daughter. 

"Suspend me all you want chief, but I'm not going down that easily." Yue quips making Mako confused. 

"You're suspended?!" 

"Geez, it's not that big of a deal firecracker." Yue shrug as Mako now thinks about the nickname she gave him. 

"Just what have you been up to, badger mole?" Mako teases with endearing face at Yue. 

"You can't pry it out of my sobber lips, try again later." Yue chuckles as Mako followed her around. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.7K 5.1K 31
Arthit Rojnapat, a florist, has escaped from an abusive relationship to start his life over again. Now, with the help of his best friend, Rome, he i...
214K 7K 24
"๐™ก๐™ž๐™›๐™š ๐™จ๐™๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™™๐™ž๐™–๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™™๐™จ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™š๐™ฎ๐™š๐™จ" in which two na'vi learn that forbidden love doesn't happen only in fairytales ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง...
380K 12.8K 74
๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐ง๐ž. gilmore girls universe. ๐™š | B L U E ห–โบโ€งโ‚Šหšโ™กหšโ‚Šโ€งโบห– โ”€โ”€โ”€ blue eyes like the sea on a cold, rainy day โ ๐˜‰๐˜“๐˜œ๐˜Œ ๐˜Œ๐˜ ๐˜Œ๐˜‹ ๐˜‰๐˜Œ๐˜ˆ๐˜œ๐˜›๏ฟฝ...
250K 8.8K 26
"๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„, ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€" "๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ต ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜, ๐—บ๐—ฎ ๐˜€๐˜†๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฎ๏ฟฝ...