Blue and Green

By GetALife102938

Fitzroy Avery Vacker, is still heartbroken after Sophie. No matter how much he tries to hide it. And it doesn... More

A/N and Characters
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.

Chapter 14

42 2 22
By GetALife102938

A/N HOW IS THERE 400 READS???? I'M FLABERGHASTED!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Have a great week lovelies! 😘

-Livvy Girl 

Pocketful of Poetry by Mindy Gledhill 

Minnesota POV. 

Once I finish up the song I look over at Fitz and he's smiling at me. 

"What?" I giggle. I can feel the blush flaming my cheeks already. I think I may be half flamingo. 

"Nothing" he says back with a small laugh. I lift one of my eyebrows with suspicion. "Your just cute" he says. He reaches his hand over and ruffles my hair. I smack his hand away and give off a Humph. I cross my arms and turn away in fake anger and pettiness. "Aw, come back" he says as he reaches for me and pulls me to his chest. 

I giggle before I realize his family is starring at us. I jump out of his arms and shove the weird looking hot pink lettuce in my mouth. My eyes go wide. It taste like a cinnamon bun, with extra icing. 

"The fuck is this?" I ask flabbergasted as I shove another bite in my mouth. I moan under my breath. This is probably the best food I've ever had, besides a cookie in a mug. Those just hit different. 

"Twisted Roots" he  tells me as I shovel even more into my mouth. 

"H-how?" I ask with wide eyes. 

"How?" he asks again. At this point everyone at the table is laughing like lunatics. But I couldn't care less, this is heavenly. 

"How is this so good?" I moan as I take another bite. A seconds later my plate is clean and spotless. I look over to Fitz's plate which he hasn't touched. I give him a pleading look. 

"Fine" he sighs and pushes it over to me. I squeal and kiss his cheek before I dig in to his plate. In a matter of seconds his entire plate is clear and shiny. I lean back in my seat and put my hands on my stomach with a content sigh. 

"So Minnesota, what's the human world like for you?" Fitz father asks a few minutes later one everyone else had finished eating. 

"Pretty normal I guess. I just try and fit in" I say with a small shrug. Fitz gives me a strange look. 

"Wait so like, you aren't in a really high grade and are a bit of an outcast?" Biana asks. 

"Geez just because I'm a  bit... special doesn't mean I don't have friends" I say with an eye roll. "And no I'm not. I make sure I get a B+ average" I tell them.

"I didn't mean it like that!" Biana promises as her eyes grow wide. "It's just that's how Sophie was" she tells me. 

"Why does every one keep comparing me to her? You do realize we are different people, right?" I ask as I lift my right eye brow. 

"We do" Fitz says as he takes my hand under the table. His fingers wrap around mine flawlessly. His giant hand envelops my small one. As I look up at him in shock his thumb starts caressing the back of my hand. "It's just a bit strange for us is all. We thought Sophie would be the only person with a past like this. Well, kind of like this. We just want to understand" he says sweetly. 

Dear God. I think my face is about to explode in flames. What is this boy doing to me? I give a small meek smile at his words. 

"Ok" I say quietly. He smiles back at me. I relax my hand in his. 

"Why are you two holding hands?" I hear from the door way. 

I turn and see Sophie and my brother standing there.

"It's called comforting" I tell him as Fitz tried to retract his hand. I grip it harder. I don't know what has gotten into me. "Anyway, what are you guys doing here?" I ask. They didn't say they were dropping by today. But maybe it's different among elves. 

"Fitz didn't tell you? We asked him to tell you we were stopping by today" Sophie says with a pointed look at Fitz. He looks sheepish. "But judging by his facial expression he forgot" she sighs. 

"Is Ro here?" Biana asks. "She said she was changing her hair again and I wanted to see what color she went for" she says as she stands up and walks over to them. Followed by Fitz and I, our hands still intertwined. 

"Yes she is" I hear from the door way.

There stands a tall lumpy creature with short choppy neon yellow pig tails. It wears a metal bra and spiked metal bikini bottoms. It must be a girl. She has rows of daggers on her thighs and waist. She has a nose ring just like mine, but spikey. Her skin is muscley and looks like you could pop it with a fork. Which is exactly what I try. 

I walk over to her and lightly stab her quad. It doesn't pop. Every one goes silent. I laugh sheepishly.

"Sorry, intrusive thoughts won" I say with a shrug. I toss the fork back to the table. It slides off onto the other side. "Great" I say with an eyeroll as I slip off my shoes. 

I slide over to it and pick it up. I set it on a plate and try to slide back over. Try. I slide into a chair and we both go hug the floor. 

"Umm, is she ok? Like mentally?" the creature asks. I just put a thumbs up as I groan. Fitz walks over to offer me his hand. I just grab it and make no attempt to get up. 

"You coming up?" he asks. I shake my head no. He ends up pulling me up. I just slump against him. 

"The chair beat me up" I say into his arm which is where my face is pressed against. There is not possible way to describe how amazing he smells. 

A bit like a forest with a hint of something else. Almost like a spicy cinnamon. It's warm and inviting. 

"I'm gonna like this girl" the creature laughs. "I'm Ro by the way" she says as Fitz walks me back over to the rest of group.

"Berk, Minnesota Berk" I say with a British accent. "I'm Keefe's sister" I tell her. 

"Ah so your the little squirrel he was telling me about" she ponders. 

"Squirrel?" I ask him with a menacing stare.

"Eh, yeah?" he rubs the back of his neck. "You always get distracted and seem to be in your own world. Plus you can't handle silence. So I thought squirrel fit?" he shuffles his feet awkwardly. 

"Fair" I tell him. He's not wrong. "Anyway what are we doing today?" I ask as I slip my shoes back on. 

"You sing?" Ro asks suddenly. Her eyes are wide as she looks from Keefe to me. 

"Yeah, why?" I asks as I wear a confused expression. 

"Oh nothing. It's just this one here can't sing a lick" she says as he ruffles his hair. "Would you mind singing something? I know that's really random, but I love hearing elves sing. Ogres can't" she says with a sigh. 

"Sure!" I reply happily. "Any suggestions?" I ask. 

"Anything you'd like, hun" she says back. 

"Get ready I'm about to blow you mind" I say cockily as I crack my knuckles. 

"I don't do well if I'm kept behind an office desk inside 

It makes me loose my mind 

Which wanders endlessly where all the birds fly freely 

Lay with their silhouettes 

In perfect symmetry 

I got a pocketful of poetry 

I've got a head full of songs 

A heart with wings 

You couldn't tie me down to anything 

And that's enough for me 

I draw doodles of eccentric faces 

In the margin spaces of important papers 

Then I hand them in with a comedic grin 

They ask if I need help

Oh where do I begin? 

I got a pocket full of poetry 

I've got a head full of songs 

A heart with wings 

You couldn't tie me down to anything 

And that's enough for me 

People are good lovingly they tell me 

Do as you should all will be well they say 

Life is a test please give the best answer 

A or B or C pick one instantly 

What if there's so much more to me? 

I've got a pocketful of poetry 

I've go a head full of songs 

A heart with wings 

You couldn't tie me down to anything

And that's enough for me" I sing. I spin around at the end, nearly loosing my footing. "And yeah" I say at the end. They all look at me strangely. "What?" I ask with a nervous giggle. 

Fitz pulls me against his side and gives a small kiss to the side of my head. I look up at him with my cheeks a bright red. 

"That was really good" he says with a small grin. I grin back. 

"Thanks!" I say back with excitement. "So not what you were expecting? I'm pretty positive human music is very different from elfin music" I tell Ro. 

"Yeah, but it was refreshing. I liked it. And your much better at singing than your brother. It tortures me every time he's in the shower. He just won't shut up" she says with  a groan. I laugh.

"Come on, we're going shopping to get your school supplies" Keefe grumbles as he grabs Ro's arm to lead her away. We all laugh at his antics before we walk to the room with the teleporting crystal chandelier thing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 100 43
When a group of orphaned girls arrived at the Lost Cities, they were quickly adopted by the families of Sophie's friends. They remembered almost noth...
7.2K 82 23
Warning-Strong Language πΉπ‘–π‘›π‘–π‘ β„Žπ‘’π‘‘ [ ] π‘‚π‘›π‘”π‘œπ‘–π‘›π‘” [ ] π·π‘–π‘ π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘’π‘’π‘‘ [X] 𝑂𝑛 π»π‘œπ‘™π‘‘[ ] π‘…π‘’π‘€π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” [𝑋] π‘ˆπ‘›π‘’π‘‘π‘–π‘‘π‘’π‘‘...
140K 1.7K 39
"Okay. Let's get this straight. For some bizarre reason, we wake up in the same bed and a six-year-old girl claims that we are her parents and refers...
94.6K 2.4K 23
Keefe's departure took a toll on Sophie. She's been in a bad place, her life spiraling downhill. Deciding that she can't stay at Foxfire for the Elit...