games operations | jamie drys...

By musicsports

falling in love with my ohl crush was not on my radar. coming with him to the nhl was even further away. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Seventeen

358 3 1
By musicsports

(hi friends i changed the cover tell me u like it before i cry)

"Trevor!" Jamie yelled as soon as we stepped foot into our shared house. 

"Jimmy!" Trevor yelled back. The two of them ran over to each other and were engulfed in a tight hug.

"Haven't seen you in forever, buddy." Jamie said as they let go.

"It's so nice to see you again." Trevor replied. "Oh, hi Skyler." 

"Hi Trevor," I said, smiling at him and reaching my arms out for a hug. I haven't had a chance to properly thank him for the internship he single handedly got me. I squeezed him as tight as I could.

"You missed me that much?" He asked after groaning into the hug.

"She's been dying to say thank you to you." Jamie said.

"For what? I haven't done anything nice to you recently?" Trevor asked. Jamie and I both laughed a little bit.

"Thank you for getting me a job, Trev." I said laughed, his eyes went wide and his mouth gaped open.

"Oh! Right! I forgot about that, my bad. Well, you're welcome, you've done a lot for us last season so I wanted to do something that would be meaningful as a thank you. I know you take your school extremely seriously and it just seemed like the right thing when I heard there was an opening." Trevor said. 

"Well, I appreciate it, Trevor. You could have warned me that my boss is a little misogynistic though."

"What do you mean? Scott?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Jamie and I both nodded.

"Not just misogynistic, he's just rude." Jamie said. "I've overhead him in a couple meetings, and his emails and everything, he's just no very nice." 

"Shit, yeah I didn't know that or else I would've warned you." Trevor replied. "Care to fill me in?" He asked. I nodded, we all sat down in the living room and I told him basically everything that had happened up to this point, nothing serious, just everything that Scott had said. I knew Bob and Peter liked me, I didn't have contact with Sarah much, but from what I could tell at this point she was pretty nice. "Damn, yeah that's not great. When do you get to go to the office for the first time?" 

"Tomorrow, when you guys are at training camp I get to go to the office and take a tour, get my desk set up and probably do a little bit of work too. I might go shopping and find some work clothes to wear." I said. I pulled out my phone and texted the group chat with the girls.

hey girlies, is anyone in town yet that wants to come shopping with first day of work clothes with me? 

I asked them, really hoping someone could come with me, I've always had issues finding clothes and colours that work well together.

I am so down gf I need to get away from the stress ball I live with lol

Dani replied. 

sweet, wanna meet there or do you want me to come pick you up?

I'll meet you at the mall! I have to run an errand really quick first and I'll be there in 30! If anyone else wants to come please do, we know our Sky with clothes lol <3

I laughed a little bit at her response and set my phone down.

"What are you laughing about?" Jamie asked.

"Dani is insulting my clothing choices." I told him.

"Dani as in Troy's girl?" Trevor asked, and I just nodded at him in response. "Yeah that sounds about right, that girl does know how to dress." 

"I am going to go get ready, depends on what time we're done I'll grab some groceries and if not I'll pick up a pizza on my way home for dinner, okay?" I asked. 

"Slay queen." 

"There is so much wrong with you, Trev." I said, shaking my head at him. I knew the boys were just going to play some games and catch up for the rest of the night. I went upstairs and got changed out of my sweatpants and baggy t-shirt into a dust rose tank top body suit and a pair of shorts and barely covered my bum. I fixed up my face and hair a little bit before running downstairs and sliding a pair of slip on vans on.

"Well don't you look pretty." Jamie said as I came into his view. 

"Thanks!" I said happily in response. Jamie stood up from the couch and walked over to the doorway where I stood with my shoes on. 

"Don't be scared to cut your trip short to get your pretty butt home to me." He whispered in my ear, with his hands on my hips. A smirk grew onto his face as he looked me in the eye.

"I might just take you up on that offer." I said, stepping on my tip toes and kissing him, placing a hand on the back of his head, my fingers running traces through his hair, my fingers landing just underneath the bottom of his snapback. 

"Have fun, take my card, and buy yourself something pretty." He said, leaning down to kiss me again. 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, pretty girl, take it." He responded. 

"I love you." I said, leaning up and kissing him again. 

"I love you most. Now get out of here." He said kissing me one last time and sending me out the door. I laughed as I walked down to my car, oh how I've missed my baby. I drove down to the Anaheim Town Square mall and parked, texting Dani that I arrived, it took a couple minutes but she soon too got there and parked pretty close. We met up at the doors and walked in together, she helped me find a bunch of outfits to wear to work. I got 6 pairs of dress pants, 4 new shirts, and two blazers. 

"You need shoes, Sky, you can't just keep wearing your converse to every game." She said as we walked around WSS. 

"What do you mean? I can't run around an arena dodging fans wearing heels, Dani." I told her. 

"You can run around in just a little booty though." She responded, picking up a black pair of low cut boots with a small heel on them. 

"Okay, fine. I guess it would be nice to have a little bit of height around there." I said, trying them on in my size and deciding to go with them. We walked outside to put all our purchases into our cars before coming back in and going into the nail salon, can't have a first day with grown out nails. We got a cute light purple matching set of acrylics, there were flowers on our middle finger on both hands for us, and they looked really cute.

"I am so proud of you, you're going to kill it tomorrow. I will see you on Friday at the Lady Ducks dinner!" Dani said excitedly, giving me a tight hug.

"Thank you so much for this, you're a life saver. I'll see you on Friday." I said as I got into my car and Dani walked over to go get into hers. Before I left I called Dominoes and ordered two large pizzas, and drove over to pick them up for the boys and I. 

"You're back!" Trevor yelled as I walked into the door with the pizzas and a couple bags in hand. 

"I'm back, it's like I live here." I said, turning around and going back to the car to grab the rest of my bags. 

"I think we're going to need a fashion show, baby." Jamie said as I came back in, seeing both of them sitting down on the couch, queueing up an episode of Superstore on Netflix. 

"Well first we need to eat, I am starving. Shopping really makes you hungry and tires you out." 

"Do you not shop very often?" Trevor asked. I laughed, I loved shopping. Walking around malls and stores is one of my favourite things to do with friends, whether I find something I want to buy or not. 

"Trevor, you see all the shit I bring into the house, think about what you're going to ask before you ask it." I said, opening up my ranch dip and dipping my pizza in before taking a big bite. "And then, probably don't say it." I finished, making Jamie laugh. Trevor just looked offended at me, which made it even funnier. We watched a few episodes of the show before deciding to go our separate ways for the night. 

"Can I see what you bought yet?" Jamie asked.

"Of course you can, but you haven't mentioned my nails yet so I'm going to need you to look at them and take them and all their beauty and glory in for a minute first." I said, basically shoving my hands into his face to let him look at my nails.

"Well ain't these pretty." He said, taking my hands into his and looking at my nails, running his thumbs over each nail individually. 

"Dani and I got matching nails." I said happily. I don't need his approval on anything, but damn do I love it. 

"Oh nice, so do I get the fashion show now?" He asked. I nodded, smiling brightly at him. I pulled all the bags onto the bed and pulled each outfit our one by one, laying them out. I went through each outfit, trying them all on and asking him what he thought. With each outfit and change of clothes his eyes got darker, his smirk growing. He would lick his lips and I could see him moving his tongue around his mouth, something he does when the image of me naked is running through his mind. 

"So what do you think?" I asked after putting on the last outfit.

"I think that you look hot as fuck, and I would rip those clothes off of you if you didn't just buy them." He said, now standing up off of the bed and putting his hands on my hips, slowly moving them up and down into the back of my pants so his hands were now on my bare bum. He leaned down and kissed me hungrily. He squeezed his hands and moved me in closer, lightly placing his tongue on my bottom lip, I let him in and he immediately explored my mouth. He pulled away for air and looked me in the eyes, "Wanna do this?" He asked.

"Mhm." Was all I get get out, I could feel every part of my body aching for him. 

"I think we need to get you out of those clothes before we wrinkle them all up." He said, taking the blazer I was wearing off and setting it on the chair, as he was doing that I took off everything else I was wearing and just throwing them across the room, Jamie took his shirt off on his way back over to me and I couldn't stop staring at his body. He took my hips in his hands and pushed me down on the bed, sitting himself over top of me. He placed his fingers on my left temple and dragged his fingers lightly down the side of my face. "You're so beautiful." He whispered, his voice light. 

"I love you." I whispered back to him.

"I love you most, now let me prove it." He said, kissing my lips harshly. He moved his hand away from my face and let it slide all the way down to my inner thigh, lightly rubbing up and down before moving all the way up and starting to move his fingers in circles around my clit. My body started shifting to his movements, he would lean down and kiss me every couple of seconds, trying to subdue my moans. He inserted his fingers inside and started pumping. I couldn't control my movements, one minute my hands went up to his soft hair to all him towards me and kiss him, the next I was arching my back and basically pushing him further back with my torso, but wanting him to be so close to me. 

"Jamie, I want you to fuck me." I breathed out as he pulled his fingers away. 

"Anything for you, princess." He replied, the smirk very prominent on his face, he was definitely proud of what he was doing to me, making me melt against him. He stepped away from me and took his pants off and walked over to the bedside table, sliding a condom on. "This is the last one, pretty girl, we'll need to grab some more." He said, making his way back over to me. Without warning at all, he thrusted himself inside of me, tilting his head back in pleasure. "Fuck." He let out. He continued to thrust in and out of me, it didn't take long for his thrusts to get sloppy. I tried to keep my moaning as quiet as possible, but still just enough for Jamie to hear it, I know he loves hearing how he makes me feel. I gripped the bed sheets underneath me and my hips moved up and I hit my climax, Jamie pulling out of me at the exact same time. I leaned up and grabbed him by the hair, pulling him down to me and kissing him passionately before he could go clean himself up.

"You're so perfect." I said against his lips.

"You're perfect." He said, kissing me again and walking towards the washroom. He cleaned himself up quickly, and came back to me, starting to clean me up too. He reached out his hands for me to take and turned around, looping my arms around his shoulders, my front against his back, he started walking towards the washroom, my feet dragging as he pulled me along making me giggle the entire short walk. "Shower or bath?" He asked.

"Shower, I just want to cuddle in bed." I responded, it was starting to get a little too late to just sit in the bathtub for an hour. He set me on the countertop and pulled the shower curtain across, turning the water on to my perfect, as he calls it, lobster temperature. 

"Alright, come on in." Jamie said, lifting me off of the countertop and into the tub, putting me right under the water. He ran his fingers through my hair as the water soaked it. 

"You're so beautiful, you know that right?" Jamie said, I could feel redness rising to my cheeks, and not just because the hot water was steaming. I shook my head sheepishly, he always knew how to make me nervous in the best way possible. "Well, you are, you're the most beautiful girl in the world, I couldn't love you more even if I tried. You're so gorgeous." My smile grew with every word he said, the way his eyes were bright and genuine.

"You're so perfect Jamie." I said to him. He leaned down to kiss me, before grabbing the shampoo bottle and starting to wash my hair, this was one of my favourite things he did. It was like a head massage, his fingertips soft and gentle. I grabbed his shampoo and started to scrub his head too, trying not to laugh as he was almost a foot taller than me and it was hard to reach. We stayed in the shower for about 15 minutes, just washing up. Once we finished up Jamie turned the shower off and we started drying off. I french braided my wet hair in the washroom to sleep in, knowing it would make my hair nice for the first day tomorrow. I didn't have to be at the rink until 10am, so I would've had time to do my hair but as of right now, I really didn't feel like it. By the time I got back into our room to put on my pyjamas, Jamie already had a movie set up. I got into bed and Jamie opened his arms up waving his fingers for me to come into his arms, which I gladly obliged. 

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" He asked as soon as I got comfy.

"Yeah, and nervous." I responded. "Are you?"

"Yeah, and nervous." He repeated and laughed a little bit. 

"Well, I know you're going to be amazing. The best defensemen on the team, baby." I said.

"And you're going to be amazing too. I hope you know how proud of you I am. You're about to go live your dream." I snuggled my head into his chest, a non-verbal way of letting him know how much that meant to me.

"Thank you, baby." I said, kissing his bare chest. 

"How about you get some sleep, pretty girl, you're going to need it." He said, and started scratching my head lightly, he knew it puts me to sleep almost instantly, my eyes were already starting to get heavy. 

"Okay." I mumbled. I slowly drifted to sleep with his arms around me.

"You must be Skyler." A voice from behind me said, as my keycard into the arena wasn't working.  I turned around and was met face to face with a tall and beautiful woman. 

"Yes, I am." I said, I knew I sounded nervous.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lauren Fitzpatrick I'm a member of the senior counsel. Come on in with me, I'll show you where to go." She said, her key card worked perfectly. I sighed lightly, mainly in annoyance, but also nervousness. I walked into the building behind her, my first couple steps in head office. 

"Miss Cowen, it's nice to officially meet you." A man said coming around the corner. "I'm Bob, let me show you to your desk." He said, reaching a hand out to shake, which I did and then followed him back around the corner and down the hall. There was a small room with one desk with a chair in it, it was basically empty other than that. "This used to be a storage room, but we've cleaned it out and added a desk to it, this will be your office. Make it your own however you'd like. You will have a work laptop that should be brought in by the end of the day, if you purchase anything that would go to your work, for example a calendar or white board of some sort, keep your receipt and bring it to Jordan or Michelle in finance and they'll pay you back for it." 

"Thank you so much, this is incredible." I said, looking around at the room, it was bland for now, but I already had plans for it.

"Of course, welcome to the team. Today will just be for getting yourself aquatinted with the office, building, staff, and if you please you can go wherever and get whatever you want for the office once you've done your tour with Scott." Bob said. The smile on my face couldn't fade if I even wanted it to. I was beyond happy and excited. 

"That sounds incredible. Thank you so much, again." I said. Bob nodded and turned to leave. "Oh, sorry, one more thing before you go, when I tried to get in this morning my key card wasn't working." I said, pulling it out of my pocket. 

"Oh, that's weird, okay. I'll go grab you a new one and make sure it works." He said, taking my key card and turning to leave. I walked around the room now, the door and front of it were all completely glass. I put my bag down on the ground beside the desk, turning the chair so I could sit in it. I just wanted to take a minute to take this all in. I had my own office. I was genuinely floored, this was the greatest feeling I could even imagine. 

hi mom, I'm making it.

I texted my mom, basically with tears in my eyes. I know it was just an internship, but this was the real start of my career.

"Cowen, ready to go?" Scott peered his head into my new office.

"Yep, going on the tour?" I asked him. 

"Yep, come on." He replied. I stood up, grabbing my credentials and office key. I locked the door as we left and followed him around. He introduced me to everyone who was in office, so basically everyone other than the hockey operations and coaching staff, it was going to be a lot of names to remember. We then went all around the arena, all the back ways and through everything. 

"Okay, that's the tour. You're not expected to memorize this anytime soon, but every time you are in office I'd like it if you can do at least one lap around the arena to familiarize yourself until you do remember it. I am going to send you over resumes for the game crew this year. There's only one person coming back after COVID from the team beforehand so you're basically going to have to create it from scratch. The game crew and activations will be your biggest focus. We have all of our partnerships and what they want thanks to you, so the only other thing you're going to have to do is the game scripts. I'll make a list of what ads and everything per game and I just want you to fill all that in." Scott said. I nodded, I was in fact doing most of the work as expected. 

"Alright, that sounds awesome, thank you. What days and when do you for sure want me in office as opposed to working from home. I will have six classes but depending on times I can probably do some of them in office in case I'm needed anywhere." I told him.

"Honestly I haven't figured that out yet, just be in office for the next week or so until school starts, you can pick your own hours for the most part. The only time we for sure need you here in office is at least 4 hours before puck drop, and Wednesdays at 1pm for our team meetings." He said, and left my office before I could say anything else, not like I had anything to say anyways. Scott has gotten a little bit better over the summer, since he realized that I want this, and I'm going to be trying for this as best as I can. I pulled out my laptop and started going through my work emails, there were only a couple I needed to answer, the rest were already resumes coming in from Scott. I was super excited for this, part of my internship with the Rangers was being the game crew and it was so much fun, so I wanted to make sure this team was going to work well together. 

"How's it going in here?" Sarah asked as she knocked on my open office door. 

"It's good, just going through resumes." I replied. 

"Good, having a good first day in office then?" She asked. I nodded. 

"This feels like a dream come true." Sarah might not like my relationship and that situation much, but she was a great person and we actually became pretty good friends.

"That's awesome. Come on, we're going shopping for your office, it's too boring in here." She said, walking over to me and grabbing my hand. Sarah had all of her stuff with her, so I packed away everything I had and grabbed my bag too. We walked out to our cars and each got in, agreeing to meet at Target. I grabbed a whole bunch of stuff and did two separate transactions. A few of the things were just for my pleasure, I got a couple succulents a couple frames that I'd soon fill to hang up. I also bought a whiteboard calendar, a few paper organizers, two binders, a notebook and some colourful pens and highlighters. 

"I think this is going to be perfect." I said as we walked out, Sarah helping me carry a bag. We put  everything in my car and said our goodbyes for the night. I drove back home, really hoping Jamie was there so I could tell him all about my day, luckily he was. 

"She's home!" Trevor yelled at the top of his lungs as soon as I got out of the car, he was waiting in the doorway with it wide open. I left all my new office things in the car overnight, I'd only need them tomorrow. 

"Hi!" I greeted happily as I locked my car and walked up the steps. I could hear thumping from inside and knew Jamie was running down the stairs, he basically pushed Trevor out of the way and wrapped me in a hug. 

"How was your first day in office?" He asked as he pulled away from the hug a little bit. 

"It was incredible, I absolutely love it." I replied, trying to push both Jamie and Trevor into the door so we weren't on the porch anymore. 

"What was everyone like? Did they treat you okay?" Jamie asked as we got into the door.

"They were all so nice and welcoming, Scott and Sarah were really great, and I got to meet Bob officially before he headed off to training camp." I said, and started walking into the kitchen to get a drink. I also put some rice into the rice maker and pulled out a frying pan and flank steak, we were having steak taco bowls for dinner. I cut up peppers and onions to fry up as well while I was telling both of the boys about everything. "How was the first day of training camp?" I asked as I finished my stories.

"It was so fun, first day is usually pretty easy." Jamie said. 

"Tomorrow's going to be shit though, we're just working out and testing it all day." Trevor added.

"Wow, that does not sound fun, I am most definitely not jealous." I said, cutting up the rest of the veggies. 

"I'm definitely starving though." Jamie said. I started mashing up two avocados to add to it. 

"Well it's a good thing dinner is ready." I said, the rice had just finished up and that was the main thing we were waiting for. We all filled up our bowls and sat down at the table to eat. Trevor was telling me about everything that had happened today, Jamie just couldn't stop eating. He's always been a fast and quiet eater, by the time he finished his plate and went up for seconds I was barely even half way through with mine. After dinner the boys cleaned up for me and we all decided to watch a movie together, all three of us falling asleep on the couch before the movie was done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 512 14
when sunny got her dream job, she never expected to meet her dream boy with it. social media/reality
10.7K 279 21
you always wind up here, in a puddle of tears dreaming about a life with you and i, one you'll never know cause you're a small town smokeshow jamie...
233K 3.4K 46
They say opposites attract....but if he's also your brother's best friend and teammate? jamie drysdale fan fiction also somethings are altered to mak...
7.3K 152 15
"𝘪 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘻𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯' 𝘶𝘱 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘪'𝘮 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘥𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘸...